User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5567
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:14 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
I never said to work with the Republicans, I said work with Trump. Trump is not a Republican in any sense.

Repeal & Replace is history, Repair or Refurbish is the only option left. If Schumer/Pelosi can bring a decent proposal along with all democratic senate/house votes, Trump will bring enough Republican votes in senate/house to push it thru.

If Trump really wanted Democratic input he would warn Congressional Republicans that he'll veto any bill that is not fully bipartisan, but he had no problem celebrating when the House passed the AHCA with 2 votes over the minimum (and none from the Democrats). He has the cards: Republicans don't have votes to override a veto so he is in full position to make demands from Congress or threaten vetoes. Republicans are in control of Congress and the presidency. As much as you want to claim that Trump is not a Republican, the fact remains that he ran and won under the Republican banner. You may not agree with his policies, but Congressional Republicans have so far either remained quiet or are eager to go through with anything he proposes (to the point where even candidates are trying to be his #1 supporter).

Sorry, but I don't pin the blame at all on Democrats for being opposed to policies that they're not being included in. The AHCA in the Senate is being crafted behind closed doors; where are the public hearings? Where are the amendments? And why is it trying to be passed under budget reconciliation instead of a normal Senate vote?

But Democrats are the bad players here?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:20 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
[
Even Mueller finds enough evidence, impeachment is a wet dream of HRC supporters.


See post # 34.

Mr. Trump is being parboiled now. He will be fully cooked before too long. (credit mbmbos # 46)
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:38 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Leaks are coming from Obama era holdovers. Trump's biggest mistake was not firing every one during transition.

Read your own writings. Republicans are doing it by the book. They are the one leading senate/house investigations and Trumps own DOJ appointed Mueller.

Sure Trump is not as slick as Obama when it comes to protocol, but Obama was a lame duck president for seven and one half years.

Even Mueller finds enough evidence, impeachment is a wet dream of HRC supporters.


Dear God, you're still litigating Obama and Clinton. You are still blaming them even though they are nowhere in sight.

Sad.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:56 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Dear God, you're still litigating Obama and Clinton. You are still blaming them even though they are nowhere in sight.

Sad.


No I am not litigating Obama and HRC. It is mistake on Trump's part to leave entire staff as is.

All I don't want is another 4 years of lame duck presidency with Russian cloud hanging over it.

Oh, even if a Democrat wins next presidency, Republicans will make sure he/she is a lame duck as payback. In case you forgot they did that with two Obama terms.
 
salttee
Topic Author
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:27 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Republicans will make sure he/she is a lame duck as payback.

What makes you want to destroy the country you were born in?

dtw2hyd wrote:
In case you forgot they did that with two Obama terms.

Nobody has forgotten that, nor has anyone forgotten how the Republicans crippled the Bill Clinton presidency from Whitewater and the asinine Vince Foster accusations until the very end of his term.
 
Ken777
Posts: 9299
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:11 pm

mbmbos wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Leaks are coming from Obama era holdovers. Trump's biggest mistake was not firing every one during transition.

Read your own writings. Republicans are doing it by the book. They are the one leading senate/house investigations and Trumps own DOJ appointed Mueller.

Sure Trump is not as slick as Obama when it comes to protocol, but Obama was a lame duck president for seven and one half years.

Even Mueller finds enough evidence, impeachment is a wet dream of HRC supporters.


Dear God, you're still litigating Obama and Clinton. You are still blaming them even though they are nowhere in sight.


Trump, in his total ignorance, did get rid of a lot of first rate public servants. He pushed out 3 very senior Executives at State that had over 120 years between. Even governments need people with organizational experience and Trump (and SecState) have not been able to replace these guys. There are a lot of experience in government that are leaving, or have already left and Trump doesn't have a clue.

Trump is not as intelligent or civil as Obama and he will never be. Ironic as he spent his campaigns attacking the black guy and now is under performing.him by a mile. Obama'a time as a Lame Duck was based on his color,. Anyone who has seen the racist crap his haters send out over the internet understand that,

And anti-Clinton crap still comes out - especially by Deadbeat Donald - because Trump uses it to deflect attention away from all of his problems. It doesn't deflect attention as much as Trump hopes.

Trump is gone - he just doesn't know it yet. His best bet is to get Pardons for himself and his family from Pence the day he resigns. But he had better hurry as time is starting to run out on that.
 
CaliAtenza
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:43 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:04 am

aviationaware wrote:
Mueller was appointed to investigate the Russia thing. Nothing more, nothing less. His expanding the investigation to Trump for something entirely different is a gross transgression of his authority; he should consequently be fired and be replaced with a special counsel that's not in with the deep state game.

CaliAtenza wrote:
The Democratic party right now represents nothing but greed, corruption and collusion with Hillary in order to get Crooked Hillary elected. The party is stained for generations now. It must be taken down and rebuilt. FDR is probably turning in his grave right now.


Fixed that for you.


Oh I see what you did there; cute...but Hillary isn't or wasn't "crooked", unlike Dear Leader.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:43 am

aviationaware wrote:
Mueller was appointed to investigate the Russia thing. Nothing more, nothing less. His expanding the investigation to Trump for something entirely different is a gross transgression of his authority; he should consequently be fired and be replaced with a special counsel that's not in with the deep state game.


Have you read the terms of Mr. Mueller's appointment as special prosecutor? Here are the important parts:

------------------------------------
(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI
Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.
--------------------------------------

Pay particular attention to (b)(ii)." ANY matterS that arose or may arise directly from the investigation;

If the "Russia thing" leads investigators to a Chinese thing or a Saudi thing or to ANY OTHER thing they may and will go where evidence leads them.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
aviationaware
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:58 am

Not really, no. 28 CFR section 600 states very clearly that the special counsel has to consult with and obtain approval of the Attorney General to conduct any investigation outside of the original scope of his appointment.

The firing of Director Comey does not constitute obstruction of justice. You can ask any constitutional law expert; even those leaning very far left have been that clear on national television (much to the dismay of many a tv host). That becomes especially clear when you switch on your brain and think about whether or not firing the Director ends an investigation (it obviously doesn't, because the Director does not investigate but only oversees investigations).
The firing of Director Comey did not end the Russia investigation at the FBI. Hence, the firing can't be related to Mueller's original scope of work. He is transgressing and has to go.

CaliAtenza wrote:
Oh I see what you did there; cute...but Hillary isn't or wasn't "crooked"

You are right, the truth is her emails revealed what a loving person and fair player she is. Not a shred of crookedness to be seen anywhere. I was wrong. Sorry.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:14 am

aviationaware wrote:
Not really, no. 28 CFR section 600 states very clearly that the special counsel has to consult with and obtain approval of the Attorney General to conduct any investigation outside of the original scope of his appointment.

The firing of Director Comey does not constitute obstruction of justice. You can ask any constitutional law expert; even those leaning very far left have been that clear on national television (much to the dismay of many a tv host). That becomes especially clear when you switch on your brain and think about whether or not firing the Director ends an investigation (it obviously doesn't, because the Director does not investigate but only oversees investigations).
The firing of Director Comey did not end the Russia investigation at the FBI. Hence, the firing can't be related to Mueller's original scope of work. He is transgressing and has to go.


It's not about the firing of Mr. Comey.

Read the text of the letter that I posted.

It's about the Russia investigation and all matters that arise from it. THAT is the scope, not your myopic understanding of it.

Think of the investigation as an octopus called Russian Connections. That octopus has many legs, and there are many suckers all along those legs.

Lots and lots of suckers will be checked out, and I will bet you that the chief sucker shows up a number of times.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:51 pm

aviationaware wrote:
CaliAtenza wrote:
Oh I see what you did there; cute...but Hillary isn't or wasn't "crooked"

You are right, the truth is her emails revealed what a loving person and fair player she is. Not a shred of crookedness to be seen anywhere. I was wrong. Sorry.


Are you implying that President Trump is a "loving person" and "fair player," or any politician for that matter? Or do you save your obsession for Hillary?
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:04 pm

aviationaware wrote:
Not really, no. 28 CFR section 600 states very clearly that the special counsel has to consult with and obtain approval of the Attorney General to conduct any investigation outside of the original scope of his appointment.

The firing of Director Comey does not constitute obstruction of justice. You can ask any constitutional law expert; even those leaning very far left have been that clear on national television (much to the dismay of many a tv host). That becomes especially clear when you switch on your brain and think about whether or not firing the Director ends an investigation (it obviously doesn't, because the Director does not investigate but only oversees investigations).
The firing of Director Comey did not end the Russia investigation at the FBI. Hence, the firing can't be related to Mueller's original scope of work. He is transgressing and has to go.


You just like to say things as if they're conclusive hoping to make them so, I take it.

aviationaware wrote:
even those leaning very far left have been that clear on national television (much to the dismay of many a tv host).


Um, no, plenty has been said and written about this.

aviationaware wrote:
That becomes especially clear when you switch on your brain and think about whether or not firing the Director ends an investigation (it obviously doesn't, because the Director does not investigate but only oversees investigations).


Why don't you "switch on your brain" and think about the message Your Guy Trump himself said he was trying to send?

aviationaware wrote:
The firing of Director Comey did not end the Russia investigation at the FBI. Hence, the firing can't be related to Mueller's original scope of work. He is transgressing and has to go.


You have an interesting relationship with logic. "I say obstruction of justice is defined by whether the investigation continued or not. Since it continued, there was no obstruction of justice. Therefore Mueller must be fired."

But you guys are a black-and-white bunch and generally backtrack from whatever conclusion you want to make to whatever precedents seemingly make such conclusions logical. That's why you guys have two fully conflicting opinions on every matter, with the difference being the political party a person belongs to (see: Gingrich, Newt; Sessions, Jeff; Flynn, Michael; Trump, Donald; Trump, Spawnage; Hannity, Sean; O'Reilly, Bill; etc., etc., etc.).
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Limited financial dislocure: https://oge.app.box.com/s/kz4qvbdsbcfrz ... mth6rerh1c

"A late Friday document dump by the U.S. Office of Government Ethics revealed that President Donald Trump owes at least $315 million in personal liabilities to several U.S. and foreign lenders, according to a federal financial disclosure.

The 98-page disclosure shows that Trump has at least $130 million in liabilities to the German lender Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas as well as $110 million to Ladder Capital, a commercial real estate lender in the U.S.

The disclosure also shows that Trump reported an income of $594 million in 2016 and had $1.4 billion in assets as of early 2017. And before becoming president, he held officer positions in 565 corporations and entities, many of which had ended before he was sworn in on Jan. 20.

The White House issued a statement, saying, “President Trump welcomed the opportunity to voluntarily file his personal financial disclosure form,” which was “certified by the Office of Government Ethics pursuant to its normal procedures."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/u-s-offi ... o-lenders/
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Some great verbal gymnastics from one of the President's attorneys today on several morning shows. If his surrogates didn't have a choice, I'd almost feel bad for them. Week after week they have to play clean up from his tweets, and in doing so manage to make both him and themselves look absolutely moronic. The logic is erarily similar to some on this thread, i.e., if I say it, therefore it must be true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 0f84c52da7

Notable that several commentators (including David Brooks of the NYT) stated on MTP this AM that the rumors around Washington are "there is no there there" with the Trump Russia collusion story. Could very well prove to be the case, but Trump sure as hell isn't acting like it, one theory being if he acknowledges any interference it'll be used to denigrate his "historic victory." Not that it hasn't been said plenty of times before, but the guy's ego and inherent stupidity is responsible for this whole mess, even if "there is no there there."

Anyway, if the investigations do end without anything, get ready for the biggest "I Told You So" dance in history. (Although the entire country should be pretty upset with a President who doesn't seem to care about Russian interference in our elections, as has been accepted as truth by essentially all of Capitol Hill.)
 
User avatar
BawliBooch
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:44 am

This is all a yuuuge conspiracy by anti-national Pseudo-Liberals to discredit the most honest and hardworking president since Abe Lincoln. So Unfair!

The President & his cabinet should be exempt from prosecution, unless the Democrats are in power. Because thats different.

IOKIYAR.
L' Esprit de Mai 68
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5161
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:59 am

BawliBooch wrote:
This is all a yuuuge conspiracy by anti-national Pseudo-Liberals to discredit the most honest and hardworking president since Abe Lincoln. So Unfair!

The President & his cabinet should be exempt from prosecution, unless the Democrats are in power. Because thats different.

IOKIYAR.


I think that is a wonderful idea.
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:02 am

seahawk wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:
This is all a yuuuge conspiracy by anti-national Pseudo-Liberals to discredit the most honest and hardworking president since Abe Lincoln. So Unfair!

The President & his cabinet should be exempt from prosecution, unless the Democrats are in power. Because thats different.

IOKIYAR.


I think that is a wonderful idea.


Of course you do. The lyrics are "God bless only part of America," right?
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:59 pm

jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:
This is all a yuuuge conspiracy by anti-national Pseudo-Liberals to discredit the most honest and hardworking president since Abe Lincoln. So Unfair!

The President & his cabinet should be exempt from prosecution, unless the Democrats are in power. Because thats different.

IOKIYAR.


I think that is a wonderful idea.


Of course you do. The lyrics are "God bless only part of America," right?


There is an interesting mix of ideas here, with BawliBooch perhaps offering them as tongue-in-cheek or adroit sarcasm.

No one holding office in the United States need fear prosecution if that person lives up to the Oath of Office:

"Sec. 3331. Oath of office

An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services,
shall take the following oath: ``I, ______, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without
any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to
enter. So help me God."

The words "So help me God" may be dispensed with, as they constitute a forbidden religious test as a qualification to office.

In the United States, no person is above the law, nor exempt from its provisions. Ever.

The words "God bless" in the paean to America should be changed to "Stand by" or something similarly fitting. It fits well with the words "stand beside her" later in the song.

The invocation of "God" in our public life is something that should be, in my opinion, be dispensed with.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Interestingly when Obama said "After my election, I will have more flexibility" to a foreign official, no one thought about collusion, no investigation, no special prosecutor. Every one considered it just as a gaffe from a politician new to world stage. This is at the end of first term.

http://www.wsj.com/video/obama-medvedev ... 8371E.html
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:23 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
Interestingly when Obama said "After my election, I will have more flexibility" to a foreign official, no one thought about collusion, no investigation, no special prosecutor. Every one considered it just as a gaffe from a politician new to world stage. This is at the end of first term.

http://www.wsj.com/video/obama-medvedev ... 8371E.html


What's your point?
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:16 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
Interestingly when Obama said "After my election, I will have more flexibility" to a foreign official, no one thought about collusion, no investigation, no special prosecutor. Every one considered it just as a gaffe from a politician new to world stage. This is at the end of first term.

http://www.wsj.com/video/obama-medvedev ... 8371E.html


It had nothing whatever to do with "collusion". He meant that he would be free from worries about winning another election and could then do what he thought was right without having to, in some cases, bring the Congress or public opinion along with him.

It was this kind of thinking (not entirely bad in my opinion) that led him to agree to terms in a Pacific Trade Agreement and in the IPCC climate change agreement that amounted to executive over-reaching. Ditto for a number of executive orders.

I don't think there was anything mean spirited in his actions. I wish I could say that for Mr. Trump, whose entire agenda appears, to me, to be mean spirited.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:31 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
It had nothing whatever to do with "collusion". He meant that he would be free from worries about winning another election and could then do what he thought was right without having to, in some cases, bring the Congress or public opinion along with him.

It was this kind of thinking (not entirely bad in my opinion) that led him to agree to terms in a Pacific Trade Agreement and in the IPCC climate change agreement that amounted to executive over-reaching. Ditto for a number of executive orders.

I don't think there was anything mean spirited in his actions. I wish I could say that for Mr. Trump, whose entire agenda appears, to me, to be mean spirited.


Would you apply same logic if Trump was on tape making same statements, probably not because he is mean spirited.

Trump (for whatever reason could be personal or commercial) through out his campaign claimed a close US-Russia will put an end to lot of issues. But it is very clear for most of US politicians(for what ever reason) that is not acceptable.

Are you sure Hillary/Bill/Chelsea didn't promise good relationship with Qatar/UAE/Saudi for CGI donation quid-pro-quo? How is it not a private citizen dealing with foreign officials? How is it not a foreign country meddling our elections?

It is hard to prove on one side it is business-as-usual and other side it is treason, just because you are not getting good vibe.

Does it really doesn't matter which bad actor is our ally? We tried every one else, why not Russia.
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:40 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
It had nothing whatever to do with "collusion". He meant that he would be free from worries about winning another election and could then do what he thought was right without having to, in some cases, bring the Congress or public opinion along with him.

It was this kind of thinking (not entirely bad in my opinion) that led him to agree to terms in a Pacific Trade Agreement and in the IPCC climate change agreement that amounted to executive over-reaching. Ditto for a number of executive orders.

I don't think there was anything mean spirited in his actions. I wish I could say that for Mr. Trump, whose entire agenda appears, to me, to be mean spirited.


Would you apply same logic if Trump was on tape making same statements, probably not because he is mean spirited.

Trump (for whatever reason could be personal or commercial) through out his campaign claimed a close US-Russia will put an end to lot of issues. But it is very clear for most of US politicians(for what ever reason) that is not acceptable.

Are you sure Hillary/Bill/Chelsea didn't promise good relationship with Qatar/UAE/Saudi for CGI donation quid-pro-quo? How is it not a private citizen dealing with foreign officials? How is it not a foreign country meddling our elections?

It is hard to prove on one side it is business-as-usual and other side it is treason, just because you are not getting good vibe.

Does it really doesn't matter which bad actor is our ally? We tried every one else, why not Russia.


While you're fantasizing about thing that might have been, you do realize that there are more immediate, less hypothetical things happening now, right?
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 4495
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:00 pm

jetero wrote:
While you're fantasizing about thing that might have been, you do realize that there are more immediate, less hypothetical things happening now, right?


I have only one fantasy, America not having a lame duck president(LDP) and do nothing congress(DNC) for four more years.

If we continue this path that would be eleven and one half years of LDP and DNC. Rest of the world is not standing still.

Waiting for HRC's coronation is a fantasy, she should sell drapes on Craigslist or Letgo and move on.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:26 pm

CNN faced $100M lawsuit over botched Russia story

http://nypost.com/2017/06/27/cnn-staffe ... got-fired/

Too Much Winning > > >

Image

The specter of a $100 million libel suit scared CNN into retracting a poorly reported story that slimed an ally of President Trump’s — and forcing out the staffers responsible for it, The Post has learned.

The cable network’s coverage of Trump transition team member Anthony Scaramucci came amid federal scrutiny of corporate parent Time Warner’s pending purchase by AT&T — and the widespread belief among media execs that CNN President Jeff Zucker can’t survive a merger.

CNN immediately caved after Scaramucci, a financier and frequent network guest, cried foul and threatened to take legal action, sources said Tuesday.


http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/media/c ... index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdP8TiKY8dE
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
bmacleod
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:10 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:56 pm

There are a few comparisons of Trump to Hitler floating online.

I know nothing of Hitler's book Mein Kampf.

But I heard some said it was Hitler's version of "Make Germany Great again."

If it was true it would mean Muslims and illegal immigrants are in same boat as Jews in 1930s Germany.

My thoughts are Trump's bark is worse than his bite.....except for the travel ban of course.
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5567
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:06 pm

bmacleod wrote:
My thoughts are Trump's bark is worse than his bite.....except for the travel ban of course.

The problem is that he's so unpredictable, you don't know when his bark will turn into a bite.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:23 pm

The President today on Twitter: "Get over it!"

I strongly pressed President Putin twice about Russian meddling in our election. He vehemently denied it. I've already given my opinion.....

...We negotiated a ceasefire in parts of Syria which will save lives. Now it is time to move forward in working constructively with Russia!


And, to make sure election meddling can't happen again, he's going to create an "impenetrable cyber security unit" with . . . you guessed it! RUSSIA!!!

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/0 ... ity-240327
 
seb146
Posts: 15135
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:38 pm

bmacleod wrote:
There are a few comparisons of Trump to Hitler floating online.

I know nothing of Hitler's book Mein Kampf.

But I heard some said it was Hitler's version of "Make Germany Great again."

If it was true it would mean Muslims and illegal immigrants are in same boat as Jews in 1930s Germany.

My thoughts are Trump's bark is worse than his bite.....except for the travel ban of course.


His base, though, are the ones who actually believe that immigrants, gays, and "liberals" are the ones who hate this country and have destroyed it. Trump keeps repeating this "MAGA" line and keeps holding rallies. What is worse about Trump is he can not keep separated from his companies and his family.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:56 pm

jetero wrote:
And, to make sure election meddling can't happen again, he's going to create an "impenetrable cyber security unit" with . . . you guessed it! RUSSIA!!!


Oh com'on now you are pulling our legs, the president can't be that stupid! Great sense of humor though.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:12 pm

bmacleod wrote:
I know nothing of Hitler's book Mein Kampf.


I would keep it very quiet that I would not know what Mein Kampf - my struggle - was, before mentioning it. And you know there is a great tool on the internet with which you could look it up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mein_Kampf

But indeed, it was written in 1925 and it was antisemitic and militaristic, so in that sense, it foresaw WWII and Germany's expansion from 1939 forward and the desire to eliminate the Jews, which resulted in 6.000.000 murders on Jews, Sinti and other undesirables in the eyes of the NAZI's.

So the parallel I see is that people thought of Trump, like they thought of Hitler when he came to power in 1933, his bark is harder than his bite, well it wasn't. With Mr. Trump, people thought he would become somehow more presidential and all the crazy things he campaigned for, would be forgotten ones he entered office, well he hasn't and he didn't. Don't think anyone should compare Mr. Trump with Adolf Hitler though, Mr. Trump is still embedded in a rule of law and the Parliament could still oppose him.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:
And, to make sure election meddling can't happen again, he's going to create an "impenetrable cyber security unit" with . . . you guessed it! RUSSIA!!!


Oh com'on now you are pulling our legs, the president can't be that stupid! Great sense of humor though.


I'm sure we'll find out weeks from now that it was all Obama's idea.
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:10 pm

"President Trump's eldest son was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/p ... afort.html
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5994
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 am

Dutchy wrote:
[which resulted in 6.000.000 murders on Jews, Sinti and other undesirables in the eyes of the NAZI's. .


Make that 10 to 14 million. People often wrongly assume that the 6 Million Jews made the bulk of the victims.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5994
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:28 am

jetero wrote:
"President Trump's eldest son was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/p ... afort.html


well.... at least they still can say they didn´t collude with the Russians. But now they have to add "we tried, we really tried, we just kept talking to the wrong Russians, no one really wanted to talk to us to help overthrow the US government.!!".

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
ChrisKen
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:40 am

 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
[which resulted in 6.000.000 murders on Jews, Sinti and other undesirables in the eyes of the NAZI's. .


Make that 10 to 14 million. People often wrongly assume that the 6 Million Jews made the bulk of the victims.

best regards
Thomas


Ok, interesting, it seems to be a question of definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War ... ust_deaths So depending on the definition you subscribe to it could be as "low" as 6m or as high as 20m. Both are quite incomprehensible for me.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. But the point that I was trying to make is that the NAZI's killed a lot of people because of their ideology, in large part written down in Mein Kampf.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:50 am

ChrisKen wrote:


Of course, he made a u-turn again.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
wingman
Posts: 3134
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Trump said "Putin and I discussed forming an impenetrable cybersecurity unit so that election hacking, and many other negative things, will be guarded and safe,"

Reading that line makes sense because it confirms that Putin wants Trump to guard and protect negative things like election hacking and that Trump agrees. No one seems to be picking up on this astonishing admission that Trump supports Russian election hacking. Of course maybe he just doesn't master the most basic English talky talk. I can't tell anymore where Trump's boot licking and stupidity begin and end. I guess neither ends to be honest, they both began and so far haven't ended. I get it that he scores bigly with uneducated people but this is getting ridiculous. No one should be proud to revel in the abysmal ignorance it takes to continue supporting this fool. Trump is a stain on the Office and an an embarrassment to the country.
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:03 pm

ChrisKen wrote:


wingman wrote:
Reading that line makes sense because it confirms that Putin wants Trump to guard and protect negative things like election hacking and that Trump agrees. No one seems to be picking up on this astonishing admission that Trump supports Russian election hacking. Of course maybe he just doesn't master the most basic English talky talk. I can't tell anymore where Trump's boot licking and stupidity begin and end. I guess neither ends to be honest, they both began and so far haven't ended. I get it that he scores bigly with uneducated people but this is getting ridiculous. No one should be proud to revel in the abysmal ignorance it takes to continue supporting this fool. Trump is a stain on the Office and an an embarrassment to the country.


Yep, amazing . . . we go from:

Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded..

to

The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!

What a moron. Plain as day for the entire world to see so they can play us like a fool.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:30 am

Image
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5994
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:55 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Image


funny that you use a guys work, that is famous for drawing Bush about to be executed, considering the faked outrage over the same happening to Trump....

But i like it, the foodsteps proof someone was there, obviously someone has removed the evidence of how they got there. Treason and obstruction of justice in one picture.... awesome.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5161
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:03 am

Should read "fake news" not media.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:15 am

tommy1808 wrote:
But i like it, the foodsteps proof someone was there, obviously someone has removed the evidence of how they got there. Treason and obstruction of justice in one picture.... awesome.

Good Grief! The footsteps are clearly made by the media, running around in circles and finding nothing.

Some people see things that are not there. That's what faith is all about. Hebrews 11:1.

Interesting for an atheist to demonstrate the power of faith.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5994
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:31 am

BobPatterson wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
But i like it, the foodsteps proof someone was there, obviously someone has removed the evidence of how they got there. Treason and obstruction of justice in one picture.... awesome.

Good Grief! The footsteps are clearly made by the media, running around in circles and finding nothing.


You just don´t get the deep under laying double meaning of it and most importantly your humor detector seems to be inop.

Some people see things that are not there. That's what faith is all about. Hebrews 11:1.


got to love the bible for how clear it is about faith being the believe in things that don´t exist, like God or Jesus for example.

Interesting for an atheist to demonstrate the power of faith.


Why wouldn´t an atheist have faith? It doesn´t just mean being delusional, it also means complete trust or confidence in someone or something. The scientific method for example, or my friends, or the fact that i will die one day and this day may even be today. Nothing wrong with faithful, only with being crazy, which then again is just an illness, so of no ones fault.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/p ... afort.html

Kushner and Trump jr. met with Russians right after the Republican nomination. What did they talk about? Child adoption from Russia to the US. Does anyone believe this? Really, do they?

Why would a Russian lawyer - with Kremlin ties - talk to an American presidential candidate'team about Child adoption? And more interestingly, why would the Kremlin help out Trump, I can see two likely scenario's, in which the Kremlin acted out of self-interest - most likely -.
A: they saw Trump as the ideal candidate to make America weaker and thus NATO and the EU (in the mind of the Russians)
B: they truly had something on Trump, with which they control him, like the golden shower video or financial ties to Russia or the oligarchs around Putin.

Both scenarios are likely and since Trump jr. took this meeting, most likely scenario B with finance of the Trump organization.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5994
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:50 am

Dutchy wrote:
Why would a Russian lawyer - with Kremlin ties - talk to an American presidential candidate'team about Child adoption?


Well, in many countries you can adopt adults, even man-babies. Just joking. They would, so they have a cover story.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:58 pm

seahawk wrote:
Should read "fake news" not media.


Or Delusionally Blind Conservative Media. Also known as the "But . . . but . . . HILLARY!" media.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5994
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:15 pm

jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Should read "fake news" not media.


Or Delusionally Blind Conservative Media. Also known as the "But . . . but . . . HILLARY!" media.


Or "Media" like Fox & Friends, that still has the whole "Oh, my god, Comey may have leaked classified information" nonsense, pretty much month after if was clear that the leaked memo doesn´t contain any classified information.....

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
jetero
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:44 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Should read "fake news" not media.


Or Delusionally Blind Conservative Media. Also known as the "But . . . but . . . HILLARY!" media.


Or "Media" like Fox & Friends, that still has the whole "Oh, my god, Comey may have leaked classified information" nonsense, pretty much month after if was clear that the leaked memo doesn´t contain any classified information.....

best regards
Thomas


The "Know-Nothing, Wish-It-Away" Media.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 787Driver, BartSimpson, BobPatterson, CrimsonNL, diesel33, lentokone, luckyone, N14AZ, ogre727, TheF15Ace and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos