• 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
seb146
Posts: 15362
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:20 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State, was head of ExxonMobil when they were fined for illegally doing business with Russia. Russia interfered with America's elections, according to American agencies, Polish agencies, Estonian agencies. This is not "if you squint real hard and let your mind wander" type thing. This is what happened. It is all right here. The "agenda" is pointing out that Trump and Russia are connected. Period.

As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.

Further, you are attempting to answer a question put to another person, and you cannot speak for him.

1. Rex Tillerson was not the head of ExxonMobil when the fine was imposed on July 20, 2017.

Treasury announcement of fine: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-cente ... nmobil.pdf

2. The fine was not for doing business with Russia. It was for doing business with an individual, Igor Sechin, who was on a list of banned persons as part of the Ukraine-Related Sanctions Regulations. The alleged violation took place in May, 2014 when Tillerson was CEO of ExxonMobil, and had nothing at all to do with the recent American elections.

3. The Treasury action is being contested and we will have to wait and see how the courts rule in the matter.

4. This event (2014) had nothing to do with Mr. Trump.

I know it will do no good to make this suggestion, because you are deaf to advice, but you really should get your facts straight.


All of the facts are constantly laid out for you but you fail to read them. And you have the nerve to call me out?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:58 am

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State, was head of ExxonMobil when they were fined for illegally doing business with Russia. Russia interfered with America's elections, according to American agencies, Polish agencies, Estonian agencies. This is not "if you squint real hard and let your mind wander" type thing. This is what happened. It is all right here. The "agenda" is pointing out that Trump and Russia are connected. Period.

As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.

Further, you are attempting to answer a question put to another person, and you cannot speak for him.

1. Rex Tillerson was not the head of ExxonMobil when the fine was imposed on July 20, 2017.

Treasury announcement of fine: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-cente ... nmobil.pdf

2. The fine was not for doing business with Russia. It was for doing business with an individual, Igor Sechin, who was on a list of banned persons as part of the Ukraine-Related Sanctions Regulations. The alleged violation took place in May, 2014 when Tillerson was CEO of ExxonMobil, and had nothing at all to do with the recent American elections.

3. The Treasury action is being contested and we will have to wait and see how the courts rule in the matter.

4. This event (2014) had nothing to do with Mr. Trump.

I know it will do no good to make this suggestion, because you are deaf to advice, but you really should get your facts straight.


All of the facts are constantly laid out for you but you fail to read them. And you have the nerve to call me out?

You are so in denial. Sad.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:02 am

So, not just the Tillers on is responsible for ExxonMobil violating sanctions, Mr. Sessions also gets cough us in his Web of lies.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59728 ... mg00000009

Had the UK elected the Cambridge 5 to run the country, the Russians would not have a bigger field day than with having the whole US administration by the balls.

Getting government and it's whole party under the thump is quite impressive.

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:38 am

tommy1808 wrote:
So, not just the Tillers on is responsible for ExxonMobil violating sanctions, Mr. Sessions also gets cough us in his Web of lies.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59728 ... mg00000009

Had the UK elected the Cambridge 5 to run the country, the Russians would not have a bigger field day than with having the whole US administration by the balls.

Getting government and it's whole party under the thump is quite impressive.

Best regards
Thomas


Oh boy, Mr. Sessions is being let down by his President and by the Russian ambassador. But yet again a piece of the puzzle.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:08 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State, was head of ExxonMobil when they were fined for illegally doing business with Russia. Russia interfered with America's elections, according to American agencies, Polish agencies, Estonian agencies. This is not "if you squint real hard and let your mind wander" type thing. This is what happened. It is all right here. The "agenda" is pointing out that Trump and Russia are connected. Period.

As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.

Further, you are attempting to answer a question put to another person, and you cannot speak for him.

1. Rex Tillerson was not the head of ExxonMobil when the fine was imposed on July 20, 2017.

Treasury announcement of fine: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-cente ... nmobil.pdf

2. The fine was not for doing business with Russia. It was for doing business with an individual, Igor Sechin, who was on a list of banned persons as part of the Ukraine-Related Sanctions Regulations. The alleged violation took place in May, 2014 when Tillerson was CEO of ExxonMobil, and had nothing at all to do with the recent American elections.

3. The Treasury action is being contested and we will have to wait and see how the courts rule in the matter.

4. This event (2014) had nothing to do with Mr. Trump.

I know it will do no good to make this suggestion, because you are deaf to advice, but you really should get your facts straight.


He was spot on with answering the question, your paranoid question which agenda I have, the answer is none. Like I have said over and over again - and you failed to answer that question numerous of times, so I don't get that you have the nerve to demand answers from me when you don't do it yourself - to point out where I am anti-American. You have shown a pattern, you are righteous, you have an opinion and shown over and over again you don't let you persuade by facts - so your line below your post is hypocritical -, arguments you use against a position, you use just as easy for your own position, so the argument doesn't matter, only your own opinion does. You have said that you are perhaps with the top 10% - 15% of Trump criticizes, well Bob, everyone can see you aren't.
And if you don't get people to 100% agree with you, you are going to do an ad hominem, not just with me, over and over again. That is irritating, very irritating and is taking away some of the joy for me and perhaps for others as well.

Get your act together or I will ignore you.

Now, let me spell it out for you.

Russia wants to get back on the world stage. Russia wants sanctions lifted. Russia intervened with the American elections. Those are all facts.

Russia has a strongman, Putin. Around Putin are numerous of oligarchs. The sanctions are designed to get Russia to withdraw from Crimea, the way they do this is to target specific parts of the Russian economy - banks and the oil industry - and the click around Putin. And now we have the situation where the secretary of state which was the CEO of a company whom violated the sanctions (and he got a high Russian state medal, because of this?). In Russia the state and business are intertwined, that's the reason why there are these people on the sanction list, so your reasoning is plain wrong and is twisting reality.
Point 1 is just ridiculous, everyone knows that it matters when the act was committed, not when it was fined.
Point 2 is just ridiculous, everyone knows that it matters that sanctions were in place to the Russian state, so the Russian state benefits, not just the individual.
Point 3 is just ridiculous, everyone knows that we can discuss it (and you clearly state that when it doesn't' fit your narrow-minded view, you discard court rulings, so especially you can't make a point of this).
Point 4 is just ridiculous, everyone knows that Russia plans things. And it has everything to do with Trump, he chose Tillerson as a secretary of state, while he has zero experience with foreign policy and he was never a diplomat.

And, Bob, there are a few questions open in this tread for you: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1368631

Looking forward how you try to twist your way out of that one.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:33 am

As the investigation reaches the inner walls of the Trump fortress, Trump and his aides are seemingly going into panic mode...

He is openly attacking Sessions now, in hope he will resign, especially in the light of the latest intelligence intercepts, presumably to replace him with someone who will have the authority and will to fire Mueller.

This is getting extremely interesting, and all appearances indicate that Trump is terrified at the idea of the investigators looking into his finances, which no doubt hold extremely damaging information for him, which is why he has done everything to conceal them from the beginning.

It is also becoming apparent, through Trump's actions and words, that Putin's arm is quite far up Trump's a$$ and in my opinion the man is committing nothing short of treason. It is Putin's MO to buy people with money and then help them access positions of power where they can work for him in return. This is why Mueller is following the money.
The republicans seems quite happy to continue aiding and abetting this criminal in order to push their pro-corporations, pro-rich agenda as far and as long as they can.

I might seem a bit over the top, but I believe that the future of a sound democracy and accountability in the higher spheres of government lies in the hands of a small group of people... One is Mueller, whose investigation is crucial in revealing to the American public just how fraudulent Trump's behavior is, the other is the congress, who will have to finally decide, if and when Trump somehow fires Mueller, whether to continue cowering and evading reality, or whether they finally grow a spine and start impeachment proceedings for blatant obstruction of justice.

We are getting closer to having the truth about Trump finally exposed, but he will stop at nothing to prevent that from happening.
The American people should get ready to take to the streets as this could get really ugly.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:55 am

Time to put the balance back in check and balances. This Trump administration is a train wreck in slow motion, not that just about everyone saw this coming, but yes it is happening. Congress should act on all the info provided, pick one of the many subjects on which this president crossed the line. Damage has been done, now they can only contain it. American votes should watch closely what their congressman does and decide, given the overwhelming circumstantial evidence, if their congressman did the right thing by protecting the US.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
777222LR
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:55 am

My fear at his election, and even more so now, is the lessening stabilization of this country, to the point of chaos. How quickly it's happened, and yes, this could get very ugly. Not only for Trump and his administration, but also for the American people.

This presidency is not, and has never been normal. Disguised as "shaking up Washington," for the republicans, it's actually showing the failures not only of our government to protect the most essential values of this nation, but it's also exposing the weaknesses of our people, and our personal values. Why are so many either complacent or approving of what is going on with our elected leaders? Why are so many so extremely flippant about our constitutional framework? Why are we allowing Trump to push the limits of his power? He is not a king, but the more he brings in his family circle and family friends, it's becoming more like a monarchy. One which has fascist and dictatorial tendencies. Not to mention the daily lies, tweets, and drama.

This presidency definitely addicting to follow, but sometimes I just step back and look at the entire picture and think, "Whoa, where are we?"
The man cannot accept his failures and work to resolve them, he just blames EVERY other person besides himself. We have devolved into a freak reality show, where we have cliffhangers, lies, and constant teenage drama from this president, (seriously tweets more drama than a teenage girl who had a bad day at school, but still gets to go to a Justin Bieber concert that night). If you actually think he has your values, families, and interests at heart, you're as blind as a bat. This entire thing has been about him. And yes, I said thing. This is not a presidency.

Sadly, looking at social media, his behavior has seeped into the minds of American people, on both sides of the aisle. Our nation is more divided than ever. He hasn't done anything to unify us, because his entire existence and power relies upon division. An us vs. them. Democrats vs. Republicans. US vs. the world, US vs. Mexico. Him vs. Obama/Hillary. The only thing he doesn't seem to want division on is US vs. Russia, and the American people's support of his presidency. He doesn't listen to anyone but himself, not even his closest advisors. And this is problematic because it takes more than one man to run this nation, especially more than this particular man who shows no self-control with what he says and does.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:19 pm

That seems to be the tendency in numerous places, sad but true. So America isn't alone in this process, it just has the most incompetent leader. Places like Turkey, Poland, Hungary and earlier places like Russia, you see autocratic leaders stand-up and percentage of the people follow this. I see Trump in this line: Viktor Orbán, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Vladimir Vladimirovitsj Poetin, Jaroslaw Kaczynski. They are all trying, or successfully did, undermine institutions like a free press, independent justice, and rule of law, education. And they all blame some groups. Ride the waves of nationalism. So we could include Brexit in this list, although the UK isn't in the list.

In my world view this is very problematic and is a giant step back in individual freedom, and progress in general for a large group of people.

America has strong institutions and they are fighting back, ruling on unjust degrees, scientific community protesting etc. People whom see that this government is all about the 1%, not the 99%. Hopefully, it will be enough and will America return to the western world and its values.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:44 pm

777222LR wrote:
My fear at his election, and even more so now, is the lessening stabilization of this country, to the point of chaos. How quickly it's happened, and yes, this could get very ugly. Not only for Trump and his administration, but also for the American people.

This presidency is not, and has never been normal. Disguised as "shaking up Washington," for the republicans, it's actually showing the failures not only of our government to protect the most essential values of this nation, but it's also exposing the weaknesses of our people, and our personal values. Why are so many either complacent or approving of what is going on with our elected leaders? Why are so many so extremely flippant about our constitutional framework? Why are we allowing Trump to push the limits of his power? He is not a king, but the more he brings in his family circle and family friends, it's becoming more like a monarchy. One which has fascist and dictatorial tendencies. Not to mention the daily lies, tweets, and drama.

This presidency definitely addicting to follow, but sometimes I just step back and look at the entire picture and think, "Whoa, where are we?"
The man cannot accept his failures and work to resolve them, he just blames EVERY other person besides himself. We have devolved into a freak reality show, where we have cliffhangers, lies, and constant teenage drama from this president, (seriously tweets more drama than a teenage girl who had a bad day at school, but still gets to go to a Justin Bieber concert that night). If you actually think he has your values, families, and interests at heart, you're as blind as a bat. This entire thing has been about him. And yes, I said thing. This is not a presidency.

Sadly, looking at social media, his behavior has seeped into the minds of American people, on both sides of the aisle. Our nation is more divided than ever. He hasn't done anything to unify us, because his entire existence and power relies upon division. An us vs. them. Democrats vs. Republicans. US vs. the world, US vs. Mexico. Him vs. Obama/Hillary. The only thing he doesn't seem to want division on is US vs. Russia, and the American people's support of his presidency. He doesn't listen to anyone but himself, not even his closest advisors. And this is problematic because it takes more than one man to run this nation, especially more than this particular man who shows no self-control with what he says and does.


I couldn't have said it better myself. :checkmark:
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Point 4 is just ridiculous, everyone knows that Russia plans things. And it has everything to do with Trump, he chose Tillerson as a secretary of state, while he has zero experience with foreign policy and he was never a diplomat.

You are imploding and perhaps should take a vacation. Comparing apples to oranges means nothing to you.

#4 accurately states that the actions by ExxonMobil in 2014 and the Ukraine-Related Sanctions had nothing to do with Mr. Trump. Mr. Trump chose Mr. Tillerson to be Secretary of State almost three years later. These events are not related.

Using fantasy to argue against fact is not fruitful.

Hope you get some rest.

Cheers
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:33 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Point 4 is just ridiculous, everyone knows that Russia plans things. And it has everything to do with Trump, he chose Tillerson as a secretary of state, while he has zero experience with foreign policy and he was never a diplomat.

You are imploding and perhaps should take a vacation. Comparing apples to oranges means nothing to you.

#4 accurately states that the actions by ExxonMobil in 2014 and the Ukraine-Related Sanctions had nothing to do with Mr. Trump. Mr. Trump chose Mr. Tillerson to be Secretary of State almost three years later. These events are not related.

Using fantasy to argue against fact is not fruitful.

Hope you get some rest.

Cheers


Haha, we'll see, my friend, we'll see.......

And I see you only choose to partially answer it, so I guess you agree that the other 3 points from your hand were quite ridiculous, good for you Bob, you are learning.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 4533
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:37 pm

The whole thing goes from bad to worse. Trump has taken to office to riddicle around the world.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:56 pm

Well Congress has passed sanctions on Russia. Let's see if Trump vetoes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/p ... -news&_r=0
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:
America has strong institutions and they are fighting back, ruling on unjust degrees, scientific community protesting etc. People whom see that this government is all about the 1%, not the 99%. Hopefully, it will be enough and will America return to the western world and its values.


It is difficult to understand exactly what is being stated here (above).

The United States has not left the western world and our values, enshrined in our Constitution and laws, have not been abandoned by our people.

To say that our government is about the 1% is to misunderstand entirely what our government is. Our government is the 100%. of us.

Even if one thinks (incorrectly) that our government is limited only to the institutions centered in Washington, D.C., it is foolish to think it "cares" only about the 1%.

Our Federal Government is tripartite.

In the Executive Branch there truly are a relatively few people who care only or mostly about the 1%. They do not entirely control the government. There are more than 1,000,000 people within the Executive Branch who resist the 1% thinkers and will make things difficult for them.

In the Legislative Branch there are not enough 1% people to get meaningful legislation passed. The evil Senator Mitch McConnell is being constantly reminded of this, even from within his own party.

In the Judicial Branch the courts have already responded to some of Mr. Trump's early moves with disapproval. It remains to be seen how strongly this continues as a stream of lawsuits seeking to rein in the administration rise through the judicial system.

Political turmoil is not something new to the United States. It is, in fact, a periodic norm going back to or even before Thomas Jefferson.

We will survive the current turmoil just as we have survived all the others.

Grab some popcorn and watch how a free people solve a problem.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
And I see you only choose to partially answer it, so I guess you agree that the other 3 points from your hand were quite ridiculous, good for you Bob, you are learning.

No, I see no sense in wasting time dealing with all of your inanities. Refuting one of them is sufficient. The others are similar.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:19 pm

jetero wrote:
Well Congress has passed sanctions on Russia. Let's see if Trump vetoes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/p ... -news&_r=0

No, they have not yet passed a bill. So far there is just agreement at the Congressional leadership level (somewhat watering down the Senate version of the bill).

It remains to be seen by how large a majority the final sanctions bill passes in the two Houses.

It is to be hoped that the majorities will be veto-proof.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:22 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
America has strong institutions and they are fighting back, ruling on unjust degrees, scientific community protesting etc. People whom see that this government is all about the 1%, not the 99%. Hopefully, it will be enough and will America return to the western world and its values.


It is difficult to understand exactly what is being stated here (above).

The United States has not left the western world and our values, enshrined in our Constitution and laws, have not been abandoned by our people.

To say that our government is about the 1% is to misunderstand entirely what our government is. Our government is the 100%. of us.

Even if one thinks (incorrectly) that our government is limited only to the institutions centered in Washington, D.C., it is foolish to think it "cares" only about the 1%.

Our Federal Government is tripartite.

In the Executive Branch there truly are a relatively few people who care only or mostly about the 1%. They do not entirely control the government. There are more than 1,000,000 people within the Executive Branch who resist the 1% thinkers and will make things difficult for them.

In the Legislative Branch there are not enough 1% people to get meaningful legislation passed. The evil Senator Mitch McConnell is being constantly reminded of this, even from within his own party.

In the Judicial Branch the courts have already responded to some of Mr. Trump's early moves with disapproval. It remains to be seen how strongly this continues as a stream of lawsuits seeking to rein in the administration rise through the judicial system.

Political turmoil is not something new to the United States. It is, in fact, a periodic norm going back to or even before Thomas Jefferson.

We will survive the current turmoil just as we have survived all the others.


Yes, you grasped it, the institutions will be stronger than the populist government. And the Trump administration doesn't have the same western value's America used to have. So hopefully America will return to those. Perhaps you are confused because this shows that I am not anti-America at all, but rather positive about the country :D

BobPatterson wrote:
Grab some popcorn and watch how a free people solve a problem.


Way ahead of you, have been eating popcorn since he's got himself elected and it has been great entertainment indeed.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:25 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
And I see you only choose to partially answer it, so I guess you agree that the other 3 points from your hand were quite ridiculous, good for you Bob, you are learning.

No, I see no sense in wasting time dealing with all of your inanities. Refuting one of them is sufficient. The others are similar.


Ah I see, you haven't learned yet, too bad, I was a bit too optimistic with you :cry:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:56 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
Well Congress has passed sanctions on Russia. Let's see if Trump vetoes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/p ... -news&_r=0

No, they have not yet passed a bill. So far there is just agreement at the Congressional leadership level (somewhat watering down the Senate version of the bill).

It remains to be seen by how large a majority the final sanctions bill passes in the two Houses.

It is to be hoped that the majorities will be veto-proof.


Indeed Bob. Jumped the gun on that one. Thanks for the correction.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:03 pm

I have no Fears... God's man for the hour, Donald J. Trump is in office... and the those that wanted America to go even deeper into moral decay are not happy campers.

Happy to be Me!

Probably Sucks to be You. :lol:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Yes, you grasped it, the institutions will be stronger than the populist government. And the Trump administration doesn't have the same western value's America used to have. So hopefully America will return to those. Perhaps you are confused because this shows that I am not anti-America at all, but rather positive about the country

You continue to speak about values America used to have. Which only proves that you understand little about us and have no standing to comment about us.

The people of the United States are not, and I hope never will be, the kind of collectivist-socialist society that is leading to the ruination of Europe.

Now, you can charge me with the same offense with which I charge you.

Have a nice weekend.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:19 pm

jetero wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
Well Congress has passed sanctions on Russia. Let's see if Trump vetoes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/p ... -news&_r=0

No, they have not yet passed a bill. So far there is just agreement at the Congressional leadership level (somewhat watering down the Senate version of the bill).

It remains to be seen by how large a majority the final sanctions bill passes in the two Houses.

It is to be hoped that the majorities will be veto-proof.


Indeed Bob. Jumped the gun on that one. Thanks for the correction.


I hope the president can veto it, then it will be interesting what his administration does with that. Congress doesn't seem to trust the current administration at all.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
No, they have not yet passed a bill. So far there is just agreement at the Congressional leadership level (somewhat watering down the Senate version of the bill).

It remains to be seen by how large a majority the final sanctions bill passes in the two Houses.

It is to be hoped that the majorities will be veto-proof.


Indeed Bob. Jumped the gun on that one. Thanks for the correction.


I hope the president can veto it, then it will be interesting what his administration does with that. Congress doesn't seem to trust the current administration at all.


Unfortunately that's not true for a significant enough number of Congressmen.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:59 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I have no Fears... God's man for the hour, Donald J. Trump is in office... and the those that wanted America to go even deeper into moral decay are not happy campers.


Well, you're right... It would be hard to go deeper into moral decay than Trump.

Unless you're one of those who believe that three decades of laundering money for the Russian mafia is nowhere near as bad as having a private email server.
:rotfl:

Oh, to catch a glimpse of the inside of your mind...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:21 am

Francoflier wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
I have no Fears... God's man for the hour, Donald J. Trump is in office... and the those that wanted America to go even deeper into moral decay are not happy campers.


Well, you're right... It would be hard to go deeper into moral decay than Trump.

Unless you're one of those who believe that three decades of laundering money for the Russian mafia is nowhere near as bad as having a private email server.
:rotfl:

Oh, to catch a glimpse of the inside of your mind...


Well if there's one thing the Trumpists aren't known for, it's intellect.
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:45 am

 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:34 am

jetero wrote:
Trump told Junior to lie.

When you make a statement like that, don't you feel that you have a responsibility to state, precisely, what "the lie" was?

Surely you should be able to show the precise words that constituted the lie.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 am

BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
Trump told Junior to lie.

When you make a statement like that, don't you feel that you have a responsibility to state, precisely, what "the lie" was?

Surely you should be able to show the precise words that constituted the lie.


I suppose, or people could just read the article.

Trump told Junior to say that the meeting last summer was to discuss adoption, a story which quickly unraveled in the next 48 hours.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:46 am

jetero wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
Trump told Junior to lie.

When you make a statement like that, don't you feel that you have a responsibility to state, precisely, what "the lie" was?

Surely you should be able to show the precise words that constituted the lie.


I suppose, or people could just read the article.

Trump told Junior to say that the meeting last summer was to discuss adoption, a story which quickly unraveled in the next 48 hours.

I did read the article, three times, and you are putting your own spin on the story, as did Mr. Trump.

Mr. Trump did not tell Junior, according to the story, to deny any part of the meeting, but instead to say that the meeting was "primarily about" the adoption issue.

Emphasize adoptions and skip over, or discount, the rest of it.

This actually accords with what Jared Kushner has claimed to know about the meeting because he was late in arriving and didn't know what might have preceded the discussion about adoptions.

Because Trump, Jr.. and Mr. Manafort are reportedly negotiating with Congressional committees over what they will testify about, I am quite prepared to believe that all the facts about that meeting, when they become known, may cast THEM in a bad light (from a legal perspective). But not necessarily Mr. Kushner or President Trump.

Given what I "think I know" based on everything I have read in the media, it seems to me that Trump, Jr. was taken in by his Russian acquaintance who reportedly had some high-level dirt to share if Trump, Jr. would grant a meeting. As far as I have been able to determine, the "dirt" was old news from a discounted dossier released by a former British intelligence officer. It is just as likely that the real intent of the Russians was to worm their way into the Trump camp in order to, at a later date, push for relaxation of sanctions against Russian oligarchs (that resulted in the Russian ban on adoptions).

Whatever the case, I don't think you have any evidence that President Trump caused his son to lie. He pushed him to spin the story in an attempt to avoid bad publicity.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15362
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:53 am

BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
When you make a statement like that, don't you feel that you have a responsibility to state, precisely, what "the lie" was?

Surely you should be able to show the precise words that constituted the lie.


I suppose, or people could just read the article.

Trump told Junior to say that the meeting last summer was to discuss adoption, a story which quickly unraveled in the next 48 hours.

I did read the article, three times, and you are putting your own spin on the story, as did Mr. Trump.

Mr. Trump did not tell Junior, according to the story, to deny any part of the meeting, but instead to say that the meeting was "primarily about" the adoption issue.

Emphasize adoptions and skip over, or discount, the rest of it.

This actually accords with what Jared Kushner has claimed to know about the meeting because he was late in arriving and didn't know what might have preceded the discussion about adoptions.

Because Trump, Jr.. and Mr. Manafort are reportedly negotiating with Congressional committees over what they will testify about, I am quite prepared to believe that all the facts about that meeting, when they become known, may cast THEM in a bad light (from a legal perspective). But not necessarily Mr. Kushner or President Trump.

Given what I "think I know" based on everything I have read in the media, it seems to me that Trump, Jr. was taken in by his Russian acquaintance who reportedly had some high-level dirt to share if Trump, Jr. would grant a meeting. As far as I have been able to determine, the "dirt" was old news from a discounted dossier released by a former British intelligence officer. It is just as likely that the real intent of the Russians was to worm their way into the Trump camp in order to, at a later date, push for relaxation of sanctions against Russian oligarchs (that resulted in the Russian ban on adoptions).

Whatever the case, I don't think you have any evidence that President Trump caused his son to lie. He pushed him to spin the story in an attempt to avoid bad publicity.


Here we go again with the apologies for Trump.

They met with Russia operatives. That they skimmed over adoption does not give them the power to tell us they only talked about adoption. They can keep that narrative up but we know that was not the whole meeting. But I understand what kind of deception they are doing:

Person A: Here is the file on how to launder money for drugs.
Person B: Isn't this a wonderful pinot noir?
Person A: It is a beautiful pinot.

Months later, under oath:

Lawyer: And what did you and person A talk about?
Person B: Pinot noir. It was a wonderful pinot paired well with dinner.

See how the deception works? Of course when Senators are hell bent on putting party before country, they will not ask any follow up questions other than "where can we get said pinot?"
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:58 am

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:

I suppose, or people could just read the article.

Trump told Junior to say that the meeting last summer was to discuss adoption, a story which quickly unraveled in the next 48 hours.

I did read the article, three times, and you are putting your own spin on the story, as did Mr. Trump.

Mr. Trump did not tell Junior, according to the story, to deny any part of the meeting, but instead to say that the meeting was "primarily about" the adoption issue.

Emphasize adoptions and skip over, or discount, the rest of it.

This actually accords with what Jared Kushner has claimed to know about the meeting because he was late in arriving and didn't know what might have preceded the discussion about adoptions.

Because Trump, Jr.. and Mr. Manafort are reportedly negotiating with Congressional committees over what they will testify about, I am quite prepared to believe that all the facts about that meeting, when they become known, may cast THEM in a bad light (from a legal perspective). But not necessarily Mr. Kushner or President Trump.

Given what I "think I know" based on everything I have read in the media, it seems to me that Trump, Jr. was taken in by his Russian acquaintance who reportedly had some high-level dirt to share if Trump, Jr. would grant a meeting. As far as I have been able to determine, the "dirt" was old news from a discounted dossier released by a former British intelligence officer. It is just as likely that the real intent of the Russians was to worm their way into the Trump camp in order to, at a later date, push for relaxation of sanctions against Russian oligarchs (that resulted in the Russian ban on adoptions).

Whatever the case, I don't think you have any evidence that President Trump caused his son to lie. He pushed him to spin the story in an attempt to avoid bad publicity.


Here we go again with the apologies for Trump.

They met with Russia operatives. That they skimmed over adoption does not give them the power to tell us they only talked about adoption. They can keep that narrative up but we know that was not the whole meeting. But I understand what kind of deception they are doing:

Person A: Here is the file on how to launder money for drugs.
Person B: Isn't this a wonderful pinot noir?
Person A: It is a beautiful pinot.

Months later, under oath:

Lawyer: And what did you and person A talk about?
Person B: Pinot noir. It was a wonderful pinot paired well with dinner.

See how the deception works? Of course when Senators are hell bent on putting party before country, they will not ask any follow up questions other than "where can we get said pinot?"

There are no apologies for anyone in what I posted.

And, as far as I can tell, no one has said they talked ONLY about adoption. "Primarily about" is not the same as "Only about".

Just another figment of your imagination, as is your Pinot Noir.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:04 am

GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller, special counsel for the Department of Justice’s Russia investigation, to resign.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said in a statement.

"Accordingly, the law is also explicitly clear: he must step down based on this conflict of interest.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34471 ... -to-resign
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:32 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller,


Time to expand the probe for Russian collusion/interference into him i would think......

Where exactly is the conflict of interest when he happens to be friends with one of the witnesses?

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

House Judiciary Committee ask for Special Counsel separate from Mueller

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:51 am

Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee are asking for a second special counsel separate from Robert Mueller to probe aspects of the 2016 election and actions by officials in the Obama administration, including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. :stirthepot:

Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and other Republicans on the committee sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Thursday requesting the appointment of a second special counsel, according to NBC News reporter Frank Thorp.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34424 ... sel-report

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/8 ... 4642379776

I didn't bother to search this, so my apologies if was already posted.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:09 am

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller,


Time to expand the probe for Russian collusion/interference into him i would think......

Where exactly is the conflict of interest when he happens to be friends with one of the witnesses?

Good question, Tommy, and I don't know the (legal) answer.

Someone like Mr. Mueller, who has held a number of jobs in the government legal field, is certainly going to have known, and probably on friendly terms, nearly everyone else of importance in the field.

And, prior to an investigation, it is really impossible to know who might turn out to be a person of interest to the investigation. Pursuing one line of inquiry turns up more and more people to talk to and possibly call as witnesses.

However, if it turns out that the chief investigator has had a personal relationship with someone who turns out to be a target of the investigation, he can recuse himself and appoint another prosecutor, with no ties to the target, to handle that aspect of the case.

This sounds to me like a politician is looking for a cheap way to grab headlines.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:43 am

BobPatterson wrote:
However, if it turns out that the chief investigator has had a personal relationship with someone who turns out to be a target of the investigation, he can recuse himself and appoint another prosecutor, with no ties to the target, to handle that aspect of the case.

This sounds to me like a politician is looking for a cheap way to grab headlines.


.. part of the effort to discredit Comey.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:52 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Mr. Trump did not tell Junior, according to the story, to deny any part of the meeting, but instead to say that the meeting was "primarily about" the adoption issue.

Emphasize adoptions and skip over, or discount, the rest of it.


So stretch the truth? What would you call that?

This actually accords with what Jared Kushner has claimed to know about the meeting because he was late in arriving and didn't know what might have preceded the discussion about adoptions.

BobPatterson wrote:
Because Trump, Jr.. and Mr. Manafort are reportedly negotiating with Congressional committees over what they will testify about, I am quite prepared to believe that all the facts about that meeting, when they become known, may cast THEM in a bad light (from a legal perspective). But not necessarily Mr. Kushner or President Trump.


In fairness, you don't know that any more than anyone else. Pure supposition.

BobPatterson wrote:
Given what I "think I know" based on everything I have read in the media, it seems to me that Trump, Jr. was taken in by his Russian acquaintance who reportedly had some high-level dirt to share if Trump, Jr. would grant a meeting. As far as I have been able to determine, the "dirt" was old news from a discounted dossier released by a former British intelligence officer.


I'm sorry, what?! So if "adoptions" means sanctions, now "Hillary kompromat" means "pee dossier"?!

BobPatterson wrote:
Whatever the case, I don't think you have any evidence that President Trump caused his son to lie. He pushed him to spin the story in an attempt to avoid bad publicity.


So "spin" is your word?
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:53 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller, special counsel for the Department of Justice’s Russia investigation, to resign.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said in a statement.

"Accordingly, the law is also explicitly clear: he must step down based on this conflict of interest.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34471 ... -to-resign



For every Trent Franks, there are 2 or 3 other Republicans that are defending Mueller, some even trying to enact legislation to make it difficult for Trump to get rid of him.

So I'm not sure what your point is.
 
seb146
Posts: 15362
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:47 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
I did read the article, three times, and you are putting your own spin on the story, as did Mr. Trump.

Mr. Trump did not tell Junior, according to the story, to deny any part of the meeting, but instead to say that the meeting was "primarily about" the adoption issue.

Emphasize adoptions and skip over, or discount, the rest of it.

This actually accords with what Jared Kushner has claimed to know about the meeting because he was late in arriving and didn't know what might have preceded the discussion about adoptions.

Because Trump, Jr.. and Mr. Manafort are reportedly negotiating with Congressional committees over what they will testify about, I am quite prepared to believe that all the facts about that meeting, when they become known, may cast THEM in a bad light (from a legal perspective). But not necessarily Mr. Kushner or President Trump.

Given what I "think I know" based on everything I have read in the media, it seems to me that Trump, Jr. was taken in by his Russian acquaintance who reportedly had some high-level dirt to share if Trump, Jr. would grant a meeting. As far as I have been able to determine, the "dirt" was old news from a discounted dossier released by a former British intelligence officer. It is just as likely that the real intent of the Russians was to worm their way into the Trump camp in order to, at a later date, push for relaxation of sanctions against Russian oligarchs (that resulted in the Russian ban on adoptions).

Whatever the case, I don't think you have any evidence that President Trump caused his son to lie. He pushed him to spin the story in an attempt to avoid bad publicity.


Here we go again with the apologies for Trump.

They met with Russia operatives. That they skimmed over adoption does not give them the power to tell us they only talked about adoption. They can keep that narrative up but we know that was not the whole meeting. But I understand what kind of deception they are doing:

Person A: Here is the file on how to launder money for drugs.
Person B: Isn't this a wonderful pinot noir?
Person A: It is a beautiful pinot.

Months later, under oath:

Lawyer: And what did you and person A talk about?
Person B: Pinot noir. It was a wonderful pinot paired well with dinner.

See how the deception works? Of course when Senators are hell bent on putting party before country, they will not ask any follow up questions other than "where can we get said pinot?"

There are no apologies for anyone in what I posted.

And, as far as I can tell, no one has said they talked ONLY about adoption. "Primarily about" is not the same as "Only about".

Just another figment of your imagination, as is your Pinot Noir.


And there you go again putting words in my mouth.

Talking about something for five minuted during a two hour meeting is not talking primarily about it.

But, of course, you are now going to go off and demand where I found it was a two hour meeting....
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:00 pm

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller, special counsel for the Department of Justice’s Russia investigation, to resign.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said in a statement.

"Accordingly, the law is also explicitly clear: he must step down based on this conflict of interest.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34471 ... -to-resign



For every Trent Franks, there are 2 or 3 other Republicans that are defending Mueller, some even trying to enact legislation to make it difficult for Trump to get rid of him.

So I'm not sure what your point is.


It is interesting though, that a congressmen advocate a resignation of Mr. Meuller. Wonder what is behind that.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller, special counsel for the Department of Justice’s Russia investigation, to resign.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said in a statement.

"Accordingly, the law is also explicitly clear: he must step down based on this conflict of interest.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34471 ... -to-resign



For every Trent Franks, there are 2 or 3 other Republicans that are defending Mueller, some even trying to enact legislation to make it difficult for Trump to get rid of him.

So I'm not sure what your point is.


It is interesting though, that a congressmen advocate a resignation of Mr. Meuller. Wonder what is behind that.


Well that's a good question. I don't understand it myself. I would think most Republicans (except the know-nothing fringe righties like Blake Farenthold) would be well-advised to adopt no position other than the innocuous, "Let's let the guy do his job and take it from there," but what do I know? If anything does come of the investigation (which I would expect to be FACTUAL in nature, no matter whatever spin Fox and Friends concocts), I don't know what good it will be to argue that Mueller was conflicted. "Yeah, that all happened (nothing burger BTW), but Mueller hired a bunch of Democratic donors, so it should be dismissed." In other words, the "witch hunt" does indeed find a witch, but the witch is ignored because of the implication of ulterior motives behind it? Doesn't make sense. And Republicans seem to ignore the fact that Pence would be President afterwards, which I have to think would be more advantageous for them and their agenda.
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Another gem from this Administration . . . a lawsuit filed by the private investigator hired by a Republican muckraker (who admits in correspondence that he has no credibility!) to pin Seth Rich's murder on the DNC. The complaint alleges the President was aware of the efforts (not necessarily aware of the mistruths) and that Spicey wasted his time to keep abreast of the story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/?reload=true
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:25 pm

jetero wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:


For every Trent Franks, there are 2 or 3 other Republicans that are defending Mueller, some even trying to enact legislation to make it difficult for Trump to get rid of him.

So I'm not sure what your point is.


It is interesting though, that a congressmen advocate a resignation of Mr. Meuller. Wonder what is behind that.


Well that's a good question. I don't understand it myself. I would think most Republicans (except the know-nothing fringe righties like Blake Farenthold) would be well-advised to adopt no position other than the innocuous, "Let's let the guy do his job and take it from there," but what do I know? If anything does come of the investigation (which I would expect to be FACTUAL in nature, no matter whatever spin Fox and Friends concocts), I don't know what good it will be to argue that Mueller was conflicted. "Yeah, that all happened (nothing burger BTW), but Mueller hired a bunch of Democratic donors, so it should be dismissed." In other words, the "witch hunt" does indeed find a witch, but the witch is ignored because of the implication of ulterior motives behind it? Doesn't make sense. And Republicans seem to ignore the fact that Pence would be President afterwards, which I have to think would be more advantageous for them and their agenda.


So I agree with your political assessment, that makes it more interesting why this member of Congress sides with the President. As for the upcoming President Pence, well perhaps he might be easier to control by the Republican party, who knows.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

It is interesting though, that a congressmen advocate a resignation of Mr. Meuller. Wonder what is behind that.


Well that's a good question. I don't understand it myself. I would think most Republicans (except the know-nothing fringe righties like Blake Farenthold) would be well-advised to adopt no position other than the innocuous, "Let's let the guy do his job and take it from there," but what do I know? If anything does come of the investigation (which I would expect to be FACTUAL in nature, no matter whatever spin Fox and Friends concocts), I don't know what good it will be to argue that Mueller was conflicted. "Yeah, that all happened (nothing burger BTW), but Mueller hired a bunch of Democratic donors, so it should be dismissed." In other words, the "witch hunt" does indeed find a witch, but the witch is ignored because of the implication of ulterior motives behind it? Doesn't make sense. And Republicans seem to ignore the fact that Pence would be President afterwards, which I have to think would be more advantageous for them and their agenda.


So I agree with your political assessment, that makes it more interesting why this member of Congress sides with the President. As for the upcoming President Pence, well perhaps he might be easier to control by the Republican party, who knows.


Oh I think that'd go without saying for almost anyone, but it is most definitely the case with Pence.
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:37 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller, special counsel for the Department of Justice’s Russia investigation, to resign.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said in a statement.

"Accordingly, the law is also explicitly clear: he must step down based on this conflict of interest.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34471 ... -to-resign


Also from Arizona:

My Party Is in Denial About Donald Trump
We created him, and now we're rationalizing him. When will it stop?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ump-215442

Again, DIRECTFLT, your point is . . . ?
 
330west
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Lawls....

Trump team too disorganized to collude with Russia, Kushner says

By Jenna McLaughlin

Donald Trump’s election team could not have colluded with Russia because they were barely talking to each other, according to Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and top White House adviser

‘‘They thought we colluded, but we couldn’t even collude with our local offices,’’ Kushner told congressional interns during a private talk at the Capitol Visitor Center Auditorium on Monday afternoon ...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politic ... story.html
Always fly first class, otherwise your heirs will.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:49 pm

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller, special counsel for the Department of Justice’s Russia investigation, to resign.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said in a statement.

"Accordingly, the law is also explicitly clear: he must step down based on this conflict of interest.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34471 ... -to-resign



For every Trent Franks, there are 2 or 3 other Republicans that are defending Mueller, some even trying to enact legislation to make it difficult for Trump to get rid of him.

So I'm not sure what your point is.


You said it yourself, others are defending Mueller, so here is a contrary voice.

Point made.

That's all.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:56 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
There are no apologies for anyone in what I posted.

And, as far as I can tell, no one has said they talked ONLY about adoption. "Primarily about" is not the same as "Only about".

Just another figment of your imagination, as is your Pinot Noir.


And there you go again putting words in my mouth.

Talking about something for five minuted during a two hour meeting is not talking primarily about it.

But, of course, you are now going to go off and demand where I found it was a two hour meeting....

Sorry, seb, but there was not one word that I wrote that any reasonable person would conclude amounted to "putting words in your mouth".

And, while I don't know that anyone timed any part of the meeting, it doesn't matter how long it was. However, you are making two claims without giving us any supporting evidence for them:

1, The meeting ran for at least two hours.

2. Russian adoptions were discussed for only 5 minutes.

Please give us the evidence to support these two claims.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
jetero
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:12 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
GOP House member calls on Mueller to resign

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is calling on Robert Mueller, special counsel for the Department of Justice’s Russia investigation, to resign.

“Bob Mueller is in clear violation of federal code and must resign to maintain the integrity of the investigation into alleged Russian ties,” Franks said in a statement.

"Accordingly, the law is also explicitly clear: he must step down based on this conflict of interest.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34471 ... -to-resign



For every Trent Franks, there are 2 or 3 other Republicans that are defending Mueller, some even trying to enact legislation to make it difficult for Trump to get rid of him.

So I'm not sure what your point is.


You said it yourself, others are defending Mueller, so here is a contrary voice.

Point made.

That's all.


And your take on it is ... ?

You agree Mueller should be dismissed?

Should investigation be dismissed?
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flyingwaeldar, VonRichtofen and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos