• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Well Junior just released the e-mails.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... &smtyp=cur
 
wingman
Posts: 3209
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Now we're getting somewhere. The Trump family IS the cesspool - that's the conclusion I expect we'll see once this first investigation runs its course. And we might as well beat the base to the their idiotic comeback.."Don Jr doesn't represent his daddy (uuh, yeah he does..look at his f*cking title) and Jared doesn't either (uuh, yeah he does..look at his f*cking title). Just cuz they met with the Russian adoption lady doesn't mean daddy knew about it..it's all lies, you have no proof (uuh, yeah we do..it's in Don Jr's own f*cking email chain he himself just tweetted)". For the life of me I cannot understand how people so willfully ignorant can survive the challenges of life day to day. 40MM Republicans now fully back our President's collusion with Russia and in a single year have flipped their views of higher education (now it's bad). Don Sr could tell this herd of sheep that smoking is actually good for you and I guarantee at least 30MM of them would be puffing Camels by next week. Completely demented.
 
Hillis
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:26 pm

I don't know if I'm quite ready to go this far, but Tim Kaine is raising a terrible prospect here.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/politics/ ... index.html

And I don't buy it that 45 didn't know his son had a meeting. The guy keeps tabs on everything. I think he knew, and if he did, they both should end up in jail.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7738
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:33 pm

So Trump went to a meeting following this email...

"Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first."
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
OA412
Crew
Posts: 4228
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:35 pm

America, 2017. This would all be funny and entertaining if it wasn't so incredibly sad and horrifying. The Trump family is a bunch of deeply stupid people playing with fire. The author of this Esquire article puts it well:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/po ... n-meeting/

Choice quote: "What I believe I see here is an incredibly corrupt American family doing business with criminal gangs that are way, way out of their league, and that are in league with the institutions of government, and the formidable security apparatus, of an authoritarian state. Talk about punching out of your weight class. This isn't cheating some poor subcontractor. These people throw you out windows. And the Trumps have being doing business in this financial abattoir for years. This doesn't make them sharp. This makes them compliant minnows in a shark tank."

wingman wrote:
Now we're getting somewhere. The Trump family IS the cesspool - that's the conclusion I expect we'll see once this first investigation runs its course. And we might as well beat the base to the their idiotic comeback.."Don Jr doesn't represent his daddy (uuh, yeah he does..look at his f*cking title) and Jared doesn't either (uuh, yeah he does..look at his f*cking title). Just cuz they met with the Russian adoption lady doesn't mean daddy knew about it..it's all lies, you have no proof (uuh, yeah we do..it's in Don Jr's own f*cking email chain he himself just tweetted)". For the life of me I cannot understand how people so willfully ignorant can survive the challenges of life day to day. 40MM Republicans now fully back our President's collusion with Russia and in a single year have flipped their views of higher education (now it's bad). Don Sr could tell this herd of sheep that smoking is actually good for you and I guarantee at least 30MM of them would be puffing Camels by next week. Completely demented.

They're outright hypocrites and they don't care because it's their guy in power and not Hillary. It's A-OK that our President and his family colluded with a foreign power because liberal tears. At this point, people who continue to support the President and make excuses for his collusion with the Russians are traitors who have willfully put party above country.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:52 pm

But . . . but . . . BUT . . .

Image
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5762
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:59 pm

jetero wrote:
But . . . but . . . BUT . . .

Image



Anyone check on how the Conservative Pacifier Network (Fox) is treating this story?
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 pm

casinterest wrote:
Anyone check on how the Conservative Pacifier Network (Fox) is treating this story?


I'm sure we'll find out soon enough when our Trumpist friends show up whenever they get their talking points:

-But . . . but . . . BUT . . . HILLARY! UKRAINE! (thereby implicitly acknowledging that what was done was wrong.)

-All countries have been doing this for years (thereby ignoring the fact that in this case someone involved at the highest level in the campaign on the U.S. side was involved)

-Why would he have released the e-mail if it would put him at risk for a criminal investigation? He was being transparent . . . (thereby ignoring all the lies told to date and the fact that he did it to get ahead of the NY Times)

-Since when is it a crime to talk to Russia? (massive understatement)

-No votes were changed . . . he won fair and square . . . this is all sour grapes and a witch hunt . . . time to move on (again, an implicit acknowledgment that what was done was wrong)

-Unnamed sources, leaks, etc., etc. (again, an implicit acknowledgment that it was wrong and completely ignoring Mr "I Love Wikileaks" himself)

Anybody else have predictions?
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7738
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:07 pm

the NY times seems to be always one step ahead of the Trump family.

If the NY times can find this, imagine what the FBI/CAA/RNC know about.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Kushner and Trump jr. met with Russians right after the Republican nomination. What did they talk about? Child adoption from Russia to the US. Does anyone believe this? Really, do they?

Why would a Russian lawyer - with Kremlin ties - talk to an American presidential candidate'team about Child adoption?

Because it is part and parcel involved in attempts to repeal the Magnitsky Act. You no doubt already know this.

Dutchy wrote:
And more interestingly, why would the Kremlin help out Trump, I can see two likely scenario's, in which the Kremlin acted out of self-interest - most likely -.
A: they saw Trump as the ideal candidate to make America weaker and thus NATO and the EU (in the mind of the Russians)
B: they truly had something on Trump, with which they control him, like the golden shower video or financial ties to Russia or the oligarchs around Putin.

Both scenarios are likely and since Trump jr. took this meeting, most likely scenario B with finance of the Trump organization.

There is a difference between something being plausible and something being likely.

You have no evidence bearing upon the likeliness of your conspiracy hypotheses. Just more blatherings offered without hard evidence.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Kushner and Trump jr. met with Russians right after the Republican nomination. What did they talk about? Child adoption from Russia to the US. Does anyone believe this? Really, do they?

Why would a Russian lawyer - with Kremlin ties - talk to an American presidential candidate'team about Child adoption?

Because it is part and parcel involved in attempts to repeal the Magnitsky Act. You no doubt already know this.

Dutchy wrote:
And more interestingly, why would the Kremlin help out Trump, I can see two likely scenario's, in which the Kremlin acted out of self-interest - most likely -.
A: they saw Trump as the ideal candidate to make America weaker and thus NATO and the EU (in the mind of the Russians)
B: they truly had something on Trump, with which they control him, like the golden shower video or financial ties to Russia or the oligarchs around Putin.

Both scenarios are likely and since Trump jr. took this meeting, most likely scenario B with finance of the Trump organization.

There is a difference between something being plausible and something being likely.

You have no evidence bearing upon the likeliness of your conspiracy hypotheses. Just more blatherings offered without hard evidence.


Thanks for your non-responce, Bob.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Kushner and Trump jr. met with Russians right after the Republican nomination. What did they talk about? Child adoption from Russia to the US. Does anyone believe this? Really, do they?

Why would a Russian lawyer - with Kremlin ties - talk to an American presidential candidate'team about Child adoption?

Because it is part and parcel involved in attempts to repeal the Magnitsky Act. You no doubt already know this.

Dutchy wrote:
And more interestingly, why would the Kremlin help out Trump, I can see two likely scenario's, in which the Kremlin acted out of self-interest - most likely -.
A: they saw Trump as the ideal candidate to make America weaker and thus NATO and the EU (in the mind of the Russians)
B: they truly had something on Trump, with which they control him, like the golden shower video or financial ties to Russia or the oligarchs around Putin.

Both scenarios are likely and since Trump jr. took this meeting, most likely scenario B with finance of the Trump organization.

There is a difference between something being plausible and something being likely.

You have no evidence bearing upon the likeliness of your conspiracy hypotheses. Just more blatherings offered without hard evidence.


Thanks for your non-responce, Bob.

It was a response that you wish to ignore, as you do in almost all cases that raise legitimate criticism of your nonsensical positions.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:48 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Because it is part and parcel involved in attempts to repeal the Magnitsky Act. You no doubt already know this.


There is a difference between something being plausible and something being likely.

You have no evidence bearing upon the likeliness of your conspiracy hypotheses. Just more blatherings offered without hard evidence.


Thanks for your non-responce, Bob.

It was a response that you wish to ignore, as you do in almost all cases that raise legitimate criticism of your nonsensical positions.


Nope, I chose to ignore you. Simple because you seem to have a beef with me, fine, but with all your ad hominins, why bother to take you seriously?

And BTW you have ignored my request numerous times when it didn't suit you, so how does it feel, Bob, so come off your high horse, it really doesn't suit you.
Last edited by Dutchy on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
wingman
Posts: 3209
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:50 pm

OA412 wrote:
Choice quote: "What I believe I see here is an incredibly corrupt American family doing business with criminal gangs that are way, way out of their league, and that are in league with the institutions of government, and the formidable security apparatus, of an authoritarian state. Talk about punching out of your weight class. This isn't cheating some poor subcontractor. These people throw you out windows. And the Trumps have being doing business in this financial abattoir for years. This doesn't make them sharp. This makes them compliant minnows in a shark tank."


Classic..I must admit it reads a tad more eloquent than my own description of these half wit con artists.
 
910A
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Let see Don Jr, lawyer up yesterday and today he released the emails. Did he release these emails on his own accord, on advice of his counsel, or against the advice of the lawyer? If it's the second one, he needs to get his retainer back.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 14702
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 pm

910A wrote:
Let see Don Jr, lawyer up yesterday and today he released the emails. Did he release these emails on his own accord, on advice of his counsel, or against the advice of the lawyer? If it's the second one, he needs to get his retainer back.


He released them before the NY Times published them. Kind of like shooting yourself in the head rather than letting someone else shoot you in the face.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
seb146
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Let's go back a year or so and look at what was going on: The FBI and Obama administration and other intelligence agencies told the American people that Russia was meddling in our affairs. The evidence keeps mounting they all were right. What does the patriotic Republican party do? Defend Russia, of course.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4019
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:08 am

jetero wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Anyone check on how the Conservative Pacifier Network (Fox) is treating this story?


I'm sure we'll find out soon enough when our Trumpist friends show up whenever they get their talking points:

-But . . . but . . . BUT . . . HILLARY! UKRAINE! (thereby implicitly acknowledging that what was done was wrong.)

-All countries have been doing this for years (thereby ignoring the fact that in this case someone involved at the highest level in the campaign on the U.S. side was involved)

-Why would he have released the e-mail if it would put him at risk for a criminal investigation? He was being transparent . . . (thereby ignoring all the lies told to date and the fact that he did it to get ahead of the NY Times)

-Since when is it a crime to talk to Russia? (massive understatement)

-No votes were changed . . . he won fair and square . . . this is all sour grapes and a witch hunt . . . time to move on (again, an implicit acknowledgment that what was done was wrong)

-Unnamed sources, leaks, etc., etc. (again, an implicit acknowledgment that it was wrong and completely ignoring Mr "I Love Wikileaks" himself)

Anybody else have predictions?



I tuned in to FOX just to see how they would try and spin this. Eric Bolling was on and he brought up just about all the points you listed! He said Hillary should be investigated for the uranium deal with Russia, he brought up John Podesta's email and his foreign dealings. He said Don Jr committed no crimes and that this lawyer was not working for the Russian government (even though the email said it was). It was so funny watching him trying to explain this.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:06 am

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Image


funny that you use a guys work, that is famous for drawing Bush about to be executed, considering the faked outrage over the same happening to Trump....

But i like it, the foodsteps proof someone was there, obviously someone has removed the evidence of how they got there. Treason and obstruction of justice in one picture.... awesome.

best regards
Thomas


Okay, so we see how the Rorschach imagery worked for you... :lol:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 am

seb146 wrote:
Let's go back a year or so and look at what was going on: The FBI and Obama administration and other intelligence agencies told the American people that Russia was meddling in our affairs. The evidence keeps mounting they all were right. What does the patriotic Republican party do? Defend Russia, of course.


The Problem is that The Clintons have been meddling in our affairs for too long. :spin:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
seb146
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:56 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Let's go back a year or so and look at what was going on: The FBI and Obama administration and other intelligence agencies told the American people that Russia was meddling in our affairs. The evidence keeps mounting they all were right. What does the patriotic Republican party do? Defend Russia, of course.


The Problem is that The Clintons have been meddling in our affairs for too long. :spin:


Isn't that terrible? Americans doing stuff for America? How dare they! Russia knows what is best for Americans, so Americans should just shut up and let Russia rule America!

That is essentially what you are saying. Plus, you forget about the Bush family....
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6398
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:55 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
[The Problem is that The Clintons have been meddling in our affairs for too long. :spin:


i know. Must be hard that you want fellow american citizens to die of sickness, hunger and cold or such and you just can´t do it, because letting the poor just die isn´t an option in a Clinton (=budget surplus) world.

Killing Americans with guns is murder if you are unlucky, voting for Trump and have policies implemented that let them die is just politics.

Trump Voter in voting booth:
Image

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
agill
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:49 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:15 am

dragon-wings wrote:
[
I tuned in to FOX just to see how they would try and spin this. Eric Bolling was on and he brought up just about all the points you listed! He said Hillary should be investigated for the uranium deal with Russia, he brought up John Podesta's email and his foreign dealings. He said Don Jr committed no crimes and that this lawyer was not working for the Russian government (even though the email said it was). It was so funny watching him trying to explain this.


http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-russian-lawyer-meeting-charles-krauthammer-incompetence-defense-hannity

Well Krauthammer was pretty critical.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5521
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 am

Well, it is surprising that the party who had presidents Eisenhower and Reagan now supports a president who was/is strongly supported by the autocratic Russian government.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:23 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Trump Voter in voting booth:
Image

best regards
Thomas


Funny, I would have thought he'd have been voting for Comrade Sanders.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6398
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:51 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Funny, I would have thought he'd have been voting for Comrade Sanders.


Why would a fascist vote for someone slightly right of center?

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 4797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Let me repeat usual excuses

Netanyahu directly meddled with our 2012 elections.
Obama/Hillary meddled with 2014 India elections. They snooped and tried to dig up dirt on BJP and give it to incumbent ruling party.
Obama publicly supported one side in recent French elections
Almost every country paid CGI to influence Hillary.

If some Hillary supporter read Russian planted fake news and didn't vote for Hillary that is their fault. If you read a.net and form a false opinion about an airline. it is on you.

In summary, you cannot hack punch card readers with a touch screen.to change election results.

Democrats can nominate Hillary in 2020, make her win, bring back Comey, Yates, and Bharara, investigate Trump to the fullest extent.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 15867
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:30 pm

agill wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:
[
I tuned in to FOX just to see how they would try and spin this. Eric Bolling was on and he brought up just about all the points you listed! He said Hillary should be investigated for the uranium deal with Russia, he brought up John Podesta's email and his foreign dealings. He said Don Jr committed no crimes and that this lawyer was not working for the Russian government (even though the email said it was). It was so funny watching him trying to explain this.


http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-russian-lawyer-meeting-charles-krauthammer-incompetence-defense-hannity

Well Krauthammer was pretty critical.

I wonder if it ever gets awkward for Hannity blowing both father Trump and son without question. Sean's jaw must be exhausted!
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:16 pm

dragon-wings wrote:
I tuned in to FOX just to see how they would try and spin this. Eric Bolling was on and he brought up just about all the points you listed! He said Hillary should be investigated for the uranium deal with Russia, he brought up John Podesta's email and his foreign dealings. He said Don Jr committed no crimes and that this lawyer was not working for the Russian government (even though the email said it was). It was so funny watching him trying to explain this.


Quelle surprise! The President has control over the Justice Department and said he was going to investigate Clinton. If he's so damned concerned, then go right ahead!
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4211
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:16 pm

This is getting more surreal and frustratingly idiotic with every new scandal...

Don Jr,'s excuse is to say he did want to meet a known affiliate of the Russian government to obtain dirt on Hillary from them, but she gave him nothing so it's not wrong...
:rotfl:

"Yes, officer, I did mean to steal this car, but I couldn't pick the lock, so I'm innocent!"

It looks like they are trying to use Jr. as a fuse in order to save Kushner... I doubt a judge would be fooled.

Meanwhile, the surrogates are in the usual full denial mode, with the "he did nothing wrong, nothing burger, but Hillary, but Obama, etc...".
They are also ramping up their campaign against the media by threatening the journalists who uncover the stories of exposing dirt on them, and are starting to attack the credibility of Mueller.

The Republicans in congress are busy avoiding the subject or still awkwardly defending the Trumps, in the face of facts, reason, ethics and elementary human decency, in order to maintain their grasp on power and pass their heinous agenda for as long as they can.

We all knew the bar had been lowered to the floor for the Trumps, but it seems clear that even evidence of collusion with Russia is not even enough for the GOP or Trump fanatics to put country before party.

What a sh#tshow. Let's just hope that sanity will prevail... if there's any left in this country.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Francoflier wrote:
This is getting more surreal and frustratingly idiotic with every new scandal...

Don Jr,'s excuse is to say he did want to meet a known affiliate of the Russian government to obtain dirt on Hillary from them, but she gave him nothing so it's not wrong...
:rotfl:

"Yes, officer, I did mean to steal this car, but I couldn't pick the lock, so I'm innocent!"

It looks like they are trying to use Jr. as a fuse in order to save Kushner... I doubt a judge would be fooled.

Meanwhile, the surrogates are in the usual full denial mode, with the "he did nothing wrong, nothing burger, but Hillary, but Obama, etc...".
They are also ramping up their campaign against the media by threatening the journalists who uncover the stories of exposing dirt on them, and are starting to attack the credibility of Mueller.

The Republicans in congress are busy avoiding the subject or still awkwardly defending the Trumps, in the face of facts, reason, ethics and elementary human decency, in order to maintain their grasp on power and pass their heinous agenda for as long as they can.

We all knew the bar had been lowered to the floor for the Trumps, but it seems clear that even evidence of collusion with Russia is not even enough for the GOP or Trump fanatics to put country before party.

What a sh#tshow. Let's just hope that sanity will prevail... if there's any left in this country.


So sacrificing a rook to save the queen? When will the queen be given up, to save the king?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5762
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:

So sacrificing a rook to save the queen? When will the queen be given up, to save the king?


Trump is in trouble. This whole incident with DT jr. is putting that whole MAGA slogan in doubt.

Exactly how do you Make America Great Again by using/attempting to use foreign Intel to subvert a political opponent?

Trump might lose his son-in-law from the white house over this.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:56 pm

casinterest wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

So sacrificing a rook to save the queen? When will the queen be given up, to save the king?


Trump is in trouble. This whole incident with DT jr. is putting that whole MAGA slogan in doubt.

Exactly how do you Make America Great Again by using/attempting to use foreign Intel to subvert a political opponent?

Trump might lose his son-in-law from the white house over this.


Ah Trump the excellent salesman: MAGA :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

So sacrificing a rook to save the queen? When will the queen be given up, to save the king?


Trump is in trouble. This whole incident with DT jr. is putting that whole MAGA slogan in doubt.

Exactly how do you Make America Great Again by using/attempting to use foreign Intel to subvert a political opponent?

Trump might lose his son-in-law from the white house over this.


Ah Trump the excellent salesman: MAGA :D


Make America Schoolyard Bullies Again (All While Letting the Bullies Whine about Being the Real Victims)
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4211
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump might lose his son-in-law from the white house over this.


Which would be quite a loss, since this is the man who he has tasked with doing everything...

...then again, he doesn't seem to be doing any of it anyway.

Trump is soon going to run out of family members to run his little mafia.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:17 pm

jetero wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Trump is in trouble. This whole incident with DT jr. is putting that whole MAGA slogan in doubt.

Exactly how do you Make America Great Again by using/attempting to use foreign Intel to subvert a political opponent?

Trump might lose his son-in-law from the white house over this.


Ah Trump the excellent salesman: MAGA :D


Make America Schoolyard Bullies Again (All While Letting the Bullies Whine about Being the Real Victims)


We are six mounts in with the Trump administration. Should be clear to everyone that he will not make it the full four years, too many scandals. When he leaves office, the next president (don't know if it is going to be Pence) will be Republican. How can the next president of the United States of America heal the country again and undo all the diplomatic damage the Trump administration has done?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
OA412
Crew
Posts: 4228
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Boy, I'm certainly getting tired of winning. So much winning all the time, it's exhausting... :sarcastic:
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
wingman
Posts: 3209
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:26 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
I wonder if it ever gets awkward for Hannity blowing both father Trump and son without question. Sean's jaw must be exhausted!


That's Hannity's "Two for Tuesdays" special.
 
PhilBy
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:27 pm

I'd be curious to know how many heads the natonal law enforcement agencies will have during this presidential session. So far it seems to be 'investigate Trump and get fired!'
 
bhill
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:28 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:17 pm

seb146 wrote:
Let's go back a year or so and look at what was going on: The FBI and Obama administration and other intelligence agencies told the American people that Russia was meddling in our affairs. The evidence keeps mounting they all were right. What does the patriotic Republican party do? Defend Russia, of course.


Actually, Trump wanted to parted with Colonel Putin as a TEAM to address hacking.....

A bit of Stockholm syndrome going on here...
Carpe Pices
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
What does the patriotic Republican party do? Defend Russia, of course.


Patriotic Republicans joined with patriotic Democrats to continue sanctions against Russia.

"Following yesterday’s vote on an amendment adding substantial sanctions against Russia to the bill, the Senate today voted to pass the bill, which was designed primarily to impose a number of new sanctions on Iran for “non-nuclear” moves that the Senate objects to. This too easily passed, with a 98-2 result."

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/06/15/sena ... an-russia/
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:11 pm

bhill wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Let's go back a year or so and look at what was going on: The FBI and Obama administration and other intelligence agencies told the American people that Russia was meddling in our affairs. The evidence keeps mounting they all were right. What does the patriotic Republican party do? Defend Russia, of course.


Actually, Trump wanted to parted with Colonel Putin as a TEAM to address hacking.....

A bit of Stockholm syndrome going on here...


:checkmark:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
seb146
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:00 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
What does the patriotic Republican party do? Defend Russia, of course.


Patriotic Republicans joined with patriotic Democrats to continue sanctions against Russia.

"Following yesterday’s vote on an amendment adding substantial sanctions against Russia to the bill, the Senate today voted to pass the bill, which was designed primarily to impose a number of new sanctions on Iran for “non-nuclear” moves that the Senate objects to. This too easily passed, with a 98-2 result."

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/06/15/sena ... an-russia/


Let me grab some popcorn for this. Or, as the orange one would say: so much winning!
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:15 am

From the horse himself ("Mr I Love the Poorly Educated, and I Have the Best Words for Them") today before leaving for Paris:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN19X2XF

Trump said he spent the first 20 or 25 minutes of his more than two-hour meeting with Putin last Friday in Germany on the election meddling subject.

"I said, 'Did you do it?' And he said, 'No, I did not. Absolutely not.' I then asked him a second time in a totally different way. He said absolutely not," Trump said.

Trump said he spent the first 20 or 25 minutes of his more than two-hour meeting with Putin last Friday in Germany on the election meddling subject.

Asked if he believed Putin's denial, Trump paused.

“Look. Something happened and we have to find out what it is, because we can’t allow a thing like that to happen to our election process. So something happened and we have to find out what it is," he said.

About Putin, he added: "Somebody did say if he did do it, you wouldn’t have found out about it. Which is a very interesting point."
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:56 am

I have to say it's remarkable how silent the Trumpists have been on this board in the past 48 hours.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:56 am

jetero wrote:
I have to say it's remarkable how silent the Trumpists have been on this board in the past 48 hours.


You can ask the legitimacy of the elections and thus the legitimacy of Trumps presidency. It has been proven that Russia tried to influence the elections, and since it was very close, one may ask if this has toppled it towards the Republicans. That might never be proven, but still. Is there some kind of provision in the US constitution for this? A re-election because of fraud?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 am

Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:
I have to say it's remarkable how silent the Trumpists have been on this board in the past 48 hours.


You can ask the legitimacy of the elections and thus the legitimacy of Trumps presidency. It has been proven that Russia tried to influence the elections, and since it was very close, one may ask if this has toppled it towards the Republicans. That might never be proven, but still. Is there some kind of provision in the US constitution for this? A re-election because of fraud?


Hell, he's my president. (Votes weren't changed, right?) What a f*cktard though. And I just don't get why people continue to apologize for an a*s b*stard who couldn't give a f*ck about anyone else.

(Apologies for the asterisks)
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:02 am

jetero wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:
I have to say it's remarkable how silent the Trumpists have been on this board in the past 48 hours.


You can ask the legitimacy of the elections and thus the legitimacy of Trumps presidency. It has been proven that Russia tried to influence the elections, and since it was very close, one may ask if this has toppled it towards the Republicans. That might never be proven, but still. Is there some kind of provision in the US constitution for this? A re-election because of fraud?


Hell, he's my president. (Votes weren't changed, right?) What a f*cktard though. And I just don't get why people continue to apologize for an a*s b*stard who couldn't give a f*ck about anyone else.

(Apologies for the asterisks)


Fine being asterisked, no apologies necessary, Trump brings the best in us all. ;-). But what I don't get is what your response has to do with mine :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You can ask the legitimacy of the elections and thus the legitimacy of Trumps presidency. It has been proven that Russia tried to influence the elections, and since it was very close, one may ask if this has toppled it towards the Republicans. That might never be proven, but still. Is there some kind of provision in the US constitution for this? A re-election because of fraud?


Hell, he's my president. (Votes weren't changed, right?) What a f*cktard though. And I just don't get why people continue to apologize for an a*s b*stard who couldn't give a f*ck about anyone else.

(Apologies for the asterisks)


Fine being asterisked, no apologies necessary, Trump brings the best in us all. ;-). But what I don't get is what your response has to do with mine :D


There was thought in there somewhere, I'm sure of it! The "legitimacy" question is one of the 1000+++ things that sends me over the edge. I acknowledge, he is President. People I trust (certainly not him) have stated that no votes were changed. But that doesn't give him an excuse for being an idiot f*cktard!

And, to get to the question you pose, no, there is not. To be president, you have to be at least 35, "naturally born in the U.S.," and have lived in the U.S. for 14 years. That's about it when it comes to constitutional limitations. (A convicted criminal could be president.)
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: The investigation of Donald Trump

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:07 pm

jetero wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
jetero wrote:

Hell, he's my president. (Votes weren't changed, right?) What a f*cktard though. And I just don't get why people continue to apologize for an a*s b*stard who couldn't give a f*ck about anyone else.

(Apologies for the asterisks)


Fine being asterisked, no apologies necessary, Trump brings the best in us all. ;-). But what I don't get is what your response has to do with mine :D


There was thought in there somewhere, I'm sure of it! The "legitimacy" question is one of the 1000+++ things that sends me over the edge. I acknowledge, he is President. People I trust (certainly not him) have stated that no votes were changed. But that doesn't give him an excuse for being an idiot f*cktard!

And, to get to the question you pose, no, there is not. To be president, you have to be at least 35, "naturally born in the U.S.," and have lived in the U.S. for 14 years. That's about it when it comes to constitutional limitations. (A convicted criminal could be president.)


Ok, I hear you, man. :D

I was asking if the elections themselves proofed to be criminal manipulated, not sec the votes, but otherwise manipulated by a foreign power. Could the results be canceled, so formally no president would have been chosen.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: casinterest, ER757, jbflyguy84, seb146, StarAC17 and 4 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos