Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dutchy

Re: Trump's Accomplishments

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:30 am

seahawk wrote:
Add pissing of the liberals to the list. He is doing that beautifully. Also improving relations with Russia....

First bit, yes, quite an accomplishment. Second, is he? How?

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am

So another brilliant piece by John Oliver about coal. Be fair about coal. And be fair to the coal miners. Of course the Trump administration is very understanding towards coal mine owners, not the miners themselves. The administration is helping the owners not the miners with everything he does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw6RsUhw1Q8

So that is another "accomplishment"

Francoflier

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 am

I love the part where Pruitt proudly announces the creation of 50,000 jobs in the coal industry, except the coal industry only employs less than 80,000 people and the real figure is actually around 1,300...
:rotfl:

Nothing sumrises the Trump administration better than this: feeding flagrant lies to a wide-eyed and trustful audience to hide the rampant cronyism under a thick layer of populism...

Dutchy

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 am

Francoflier wrote:
I love the part where Pruitt proudly announces the creation of 50,000 jobs in the coal industry, except the coal industry only employs less than 80,000 people and the real figure is actually around 1,300...
:rotfl:

Nothing sumrises the Trump administration better than this: feeding flagrant lies to a wide-eyed and trustful audience to hide the rampant cronyism under a thick layer of populism...

I found it more shocking where an executive proudly tells that his workers go first and then put forward a proposal to cut Medicare benefits for former workers by 3m and puts out a bonus to executives (including himself) of 11m. Well done.

It goes beyond me how he will be able to look in the mirror in the morning, that is close to criminal behavior in my book.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:09 am

Something that's not gotten a lot of attention lately is the Battle for Mosul, which is near its end. Iraqi forces have taken control of almost all the city, leaving just a small section in central Mosul where ISIS fighters are still in control.

My money says that once Iraqi forces reclaim all of Mosul:
1. Trump will tweet about how he lead this effort (i.e. list it as one of his accomplishments)
2. Republicans will praise Trump's leadership (and Trump will retweet it)
3. No credit will be given to Obama (but all the blame...because if he hadn't followed the agreement signed by Bush...)

Aesma

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:08 am

Mosul will be a nightmare for years to come. The battle may end, but that's an ISIS city through and through. I predict endless suicide attacks.