scbriml

Re: Julian Assange Rape Investigation Is Dropped in Sweden

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Noshow wrote:
His claim is he had to flee in there because he fears to be sent from the UK to the US for Wikileaks-retaliation not for the closed swedish case and fleeing bail, As there might be secret US-arrest warants pending he might have a point.

Is there such a thing as a "secret arrest warrant"?

BestWestern wrote:
Judge Emma Arbuthnot said she was not persuaded by the argument from Assange’s legal team that it was not in the public interest to pursue him for skipping bail.

Quite right too, IMHO.

BestWestern wrote:
“Defendants on bail up and down the country, and requested persons facing extradition, come to court to face the consequences of their own choices. He should have the courage to do the same. It is certainly not against the public interest to proceed.”

Good that she can see the wood for the trees!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

moo

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:50 am

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
moo wrote:
[Oh, and Sweden haven't confirmed that no crime occurred - they simply ceased attempts to apprehend Assange due to the current situation,
but at no point did they exonerate Assange and at no point did they say they would never attempt the extradition again should the situation change.

That is wrong. Initial prosecutor Eva Finné closed the case because NO crime had been committed. It was based on the women's story.
She also prohibited her staff from continue working on the case.Mats Gelin, assistant prosecutor, disregarded that and continued working on the case.
Eventually new "evidence" was brought in. It was a smoking gun or more specifically a broken but unused condom. It was claimed that Assange had broken
this condom on purpose but forensic tests found no DNA on the condom.Despite that, the condom was used as a reason to raise the suspicion level
from skäligen to sannolika skäl. This was needed to be able to issue an European Arrest Warrant.

There have never been a rape case. This whole farce is based on fabricated evidence and lack of effort from prosecutor Marianne Ny.
She is also responsible for not doing her job. It is an obligation of a Swedish prosecutor to progress her/his case in an expedient manner.
Either move ahead and prosecute the accused person or close the case. A prosecutor cannot drag his/her feet and sit on the a.. doing nothing year after year.

Dis-honorable mention to police assistant Irmeli Krantz who disregarded Judicial disqualification (jäv) since she was the one interrogating the "victims"
at the same time as she was a friend with the victims. She also admitted that she changed the contents of the victim's interrogation reports.
She basically edited them accordingly to her own opinion of what happened. She also leaked the story to the press. She was never investigated or
reprimanded for misconduct or anything similar.

I think this is allot of effort from Marianne Ny and her criminal associated regarding a case where it already have been determined that no crime
had been committed. There was no new evidence, only the fabricated condom "evidence". There was nothing that warranted a re-opening
of the case and then why re-open the case if you have no plans to do anything about it.

Well, that's an interestingly nuanced rant not supported by the facts.

Would you care to review previous posts in this and other Assange related threads yourself for refutation, or would you like me to waste my time yet again on proving rubbish like this wrong? All your points have been thoroughly destroyed previously.

moo

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:57 am

Noshow wrote:
It was never a rape investigation and it was never officially claimed to be one. It was always about consensual sex only. The debate is about if he used a condom or not. Branding Assange some rapist can be considered unfair from my point of view.

You can find all details here if needed:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/ ... nge-sweden

Count 4 of the European Arrest Warrant explicitly set a charge of rape against Assange.

Please read the UK High Court ruling issued on the 2nd November 2011, its discussed at great length in that document.

The link to that ruling is provided by myself in an earlier post in this thread - I won't repost it, because I hope against hope that by making you go and find it by scrolling back through this thread, you might read some of the other informative posts in this thread.

moo

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 am

Noshow wrote:
It was never a rape investigation and it was never officially claimed to be one. It was always about consensual sex only. The debate is about if he used a condom or not. Branding Assange some rapist can be considered unfair from my point of view.

Count 4 of the European Arrest Warrant explicitly set a charge of rape against Assange.

Please read the UK High Court ruling issued on the 2nd November 2011, its discussed at great length in that document.

The link to that ruling is provided by myself in an earlier post in this thread - I won't repost it, because I hope against hope that by making you go and find it by scrolling back through this thread, you might read some of the other informative posts in this thread.

moo

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:02 am

olle wrote:
Noshow wrote:

This is the central point here. Swedish law is quit different and includes stuff that from international perspective is not considered haressment or rape. This is partly the reason why some people present all kind of statistics of rape in Sweden.

This "central point" has been addressed by UK courts and Swedish law doesn't differ at all from UK law in this regard - for the EAW to stand, the concept of dual criminality has to be proven, each count issued in the EAW must also be a substantially similar crime under Uk law.

Multiple UK courts have ruled dual criminality exists for all 4 counts issued against Assange.

It's amazing what you discover when you read the actual court rulings, rather than rely on what Pro-Assange idiots spout...

moo

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 am

In a new development, Ecuador have blamed for failed mediation on Assange situation, saying that the UK was unwilling to enter talks at all.

Which isn't surprising - what exactly is there to mediate? The courts have ruled that the outstanding charge against Assange is still valid, in the public interest and enforceable, so why should the UK government enter any talks about any outcome other than Assange ending up in UK custody?

Ecuador are smoking the whacky baccy here...