Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Wed May 17, 2017 11:17 pm

The first step in ridding the United States of the orange menace.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/ ... index.html

The bad news? The guy behind him has a mindset seen in The Handmaid's Tale.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146
 
910A
Posts: 866
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Wed May 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Trump is not dealing in reality, thinking this will be a short investigation. Mueller, Comey, and Rosenstein have all worked together in the past, so if I was Trump I would be uncomfortable. It appears to me, that Rosenstein doesn't trust the GOP leadership in Congress by not giving them a heads up regarding this announcement.
 
wingman
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 12:12 am

The end draws nigh for Trump I think. He'll resign by end of year just to save himself. And I don't doubt for a second he has enough witless sheep in his flock to turn his disgrace into some kind of major money-making scheme. They'll never see him for what he really is, a charlatan who bullshittted his way into their confidence from the 50th floor of his gold plated "People's Palace". By this time next year I bet he's got the #1 reality show on Fox.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 4735
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 am

As much as would love to see Trump impeached, I fear that Pence will be just as bad of not worse. After Pence, Paul Ryan will be next in line. Not a good time to be a proud American.
Eat 'em up Kats!
 
treetreeseven
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 12:34 am

Special counsel. Different, no?
 
Ken777
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 12:51 am

Bob Mueller is an excellent choice. He received unanimous approval from the Senate when he was approved to be Director of the FBI Democrats and Republicans are going to be relieved that he has been named Special Counsel. The guy knows his way around the FBI, he can be brought up to speed faster than most and he would have a solid relationship with Comey,based on working with each other at professional levels.

Now Trump can fire Mueller, just like Nixon's Firing Archibald Cox, but even a Twit Like Trump will understand what happened to Nixon from that stunt.

I believe that this is going to be a historic time, just like Watergate. I do believe that Trump will be gone by the end of the year and that Pence will be a so-so President who jumps to the demands of the rich and powerful.

And at some point some smart folks (probably overseas) will decide that there is money to be made in a comic book series on "Tales of Trump".
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1390
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 1:11 am

TWA772LR wrote:
As much as would love to see Trump impeached, I fear that Pence will be just as bad of not worse. After Pence, Paul Ryan will be next in line. Not a good time to be a proud American.


If the office of Vice President becomes vacant, the President nominates with the advice and consent of the Senate, a new Vice President.

This happened when Agnew resigned and Nixon nominated Ford.

When Nixon resigned and Ford moved up, he nominated Rockefeller to be V.P.

A person so nominated can be anyone, and doesn't have to come from the line of succession.

If Pence becomes President, he could nominate Jerry Falwell, Jr.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5381
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 1:30 am

TWA772LR wrote:
As much as would love to see Trump impeached, I fear that Pence will be just as bad of not worse. After Pence, Paul Ryan will be next in line. Not a good time to be a proud American.

Unless Pence leaves the VP post vacant or decides to elevate Ryan to the VP slot, Ryan will stay as 3rd in line for the office.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9592
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 1:35 am

Ken777 wrote:
Bob Mueller is an excellent choice. He received unanimous approval from the Senate when he was approved to be Director of the FBI Democrats and Republicans are going to be relieved that he has been named Special Counsel. The guy knows his way around the FBI, he can be brought up to speed faster than most and he would have a solid relationship with Comey,based on working with each other at professional levels.

Now Trump can fire Mueller, just like Nixon's Firing Archibald Cox, but even a Twit Like Trump will understand what happened to Nixon from that stunt.

I believe that this is going to be a historic time, just like Watergate. I do believe that Trump will be gone by the end of the year and that Pence will be a so-so President who jumps to the demands of the rich and powerful.

And at some point some smart folks (probably overseas) will decide that there is money to be made in a comic book series on "Tales of Trump".




Tonight on the news, I heard a woman say that 82 % of Trump voters still support him. Her take was the hatred and distrust of Hillary was so prevalent that they turned to this Buffoon and are clinging to him like dirt in desperation. I know one thing, in my coffee group the Trump supporters are dead silent,a far cry from November. I also like the moaning of the Right about the blocking of Trump and his agenda. That I find it ludicrous to say the least. The Party of No has got the blues.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1390
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 1:40 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
As much as would love to see Trump impeached, I fear that Pence will be just as bad of not worse. After Pence, Paul Ryan will be next in line. Not a good time to be a proud American.

Unless Pence leaves the VP post vacant or decides to elevate Ryan to the VP slot, Ryan will stay as 3rd in line for the office.


I was wrong in post # 7. It requires consent of both Houses of Congress. Wording of the 25th Amendment:

Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Note the use of the word "shall."

As we all have learned, a confirmation vote is not guaranteed.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 12729
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 2:38 am

The Special Counsel will not just be looking at Trump, but those in his campaign and since he took office (like Flynn) for any connections of corruption by Russia. It will take about 60 days to get set up, probably 90 days or more before any real action won't be going until October, any meaningful result likely in early 2018. Meanwhile Trump can still make a bigger mess. Trump needs to be curbed ASAP, we cannot wait a year for action to remove him from office. Maybe if the evidence mounts and gets out in the public, he may resign 'for the good of the country'. Yes, I know it would mean VP Pence taking over, a hypocritical 'christian', but he would likely toss out all of Trump family, Bannon, and other awful people around Trump and bring in hopefully some saner and far less corrupt heads for a good start.
 
Ken777
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 2:48 am

BobPatterson wrote:
If Pence becomes President, he could nominate Jerry Falwell, Jr.


OMG! At least Jerry probably would't get the votes.

We could start a new thread of the horrible possibilities we could face if Trump leaves. We could call it the Gag List.
 
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5381
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 3:24 am

ltbewr wrote:
bring in hopefully some saner and far less corrupt heads for a good start.

Oh, but Pence isn't a saint either. As head of the transition team, he too was made aware of Flynn and is as complicit as anyone else in covering up information. But because Republicans would definitely prefer Pence over Trump, I don't think there will be any investigation into him if the ongoing one doesn't clear him (he doesn't necessarily have to be directly connected, but to not be cleared means there's circumstantial evidence that could bring him down). And having to go through the process of finding nominees and clearing department heads would put a burden on a Senate that has barely done anything except spin its wheels waiting for the House to send them something. No...he'll probably keep the heads in place until the 2020 election. Only then will he ask for their resignations if elected (a true clean slate for him). Remember, he voted for Betsy DeVos. If he had serious reservations about her, he would have made them known and/or voted against her.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
treetreeseven
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 5:37 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Tonight on the news, I heard a woman say that 82 % of Trump voters still support him. Her take was the hatred and distrust of Hillary was so prevalent that they turned to this Buffoon and are clinging to him like dirt in desperation. I know one thing, in my coffee group the Trump supporters are dead silent,a far cry from November. I also like the moaning of the Right about the blocking of Trump and his agenda. That I find it ludicrous to say the least. The Party of No has got the blues.

A friend of mine brought that up (I think the figure was 84%) but I believe the poll is already a couple days old. Given how fast the skeletons are dancing out of the closet, it's ancient history at this point. It may still be valid, but we need another poll to confirm it. I checked FiveThirtyEight today who would be on it like white on rice if the data were there, but there's nothing yet.

I hate Facebook and avoid it as much as possible, following just a handful of my closest friends / family who won't use other platforms. One of them is a gadfly who's been posting well-sourced terrible things about Trump since the election. It's interesting just how quickly the Trump supporters stopped engaging him after the Comey firing blew up. Usually there's a bit of a dust-up in the comments on his posts. Now, not so much.

That of course is pure anecdote, but I've been keeping an eye on newspaper sites in conservative areas like West Virginia, Alabama, Arizona, Idaho... these papers almost to a one are burying the story in little sidebars or halfway down the page, often just running the wire stories. Even so, there are huge numbers of comments on the sites still foolish enough to allow comments. I mean, over 5300 comments on a story not even 24 hours old on some newspaper site from Alabama last night...? And they're gonna stick it at the bottom of the sidebar in 10pt font? So much for guts and moxie. I thought that was a right-wing value, but no, they have to bury the story and hope ... well, I'm not sure what they hope, because it's not going away and obviously their readers are engaged with it, agree or not.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 5:39 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
bring in hopefully some saner and far less corrupt heads for a good start.

Oh, but Pence isn't a saint either. As head of the transition team, he too was made aware of Flynn and is as complicit as anyone else in covering up information. But because Republicans would definitely prefer Pence over Trump, I don't think there will be any investigation into him if the ongoing one doesn't clear him (he doesn't necessarily have to be directly connected, but to not be cleared means there's circumstantial evidence that could bring him down)..


If the Republicans had any say in it, there wouldn´t be a special prosecutor. If it becomes definitive that he knew about Flynn before hand and didn´t act on the information, he´d be just as gone as Trump.
There may be a good chance that the career of everyone seen as close to Trump will be over after this.You don´t get many chance to put personal interests over serving and protecting the US constitution.

best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 am

treetreeseven wrote:
That of course is pure anecdote, .


It is, but we are getting lots of those anecdotes .... a picture starts to form. Even here... where did they all go?

Also the poll numbers... quick google.... 3 month ago just 3% disapproval rate. That has more then doubled 4 weeks ago, and a majority was just "somewhat approve". If you get your hair done and you just "somewhat approve" the work, you are probably not coming back.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/2 ... ays-237660

The winner is probably Obama, he can´t come back as elected president, but being a liked president (a majority wanted him back when Trump wasn´t even in the office for 2 weeks), but his place in history will probably be much improved by being wedged between a well meaning dummy and a complete failure .....

best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 8710
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 6:16 am

Each day passing is one less chance for Trump to start a new war.

If he was replaced by a religious nutjob taunted every day by other religious nutjobs (ISIS), I would be even more worried than I am now.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
KLDC10
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 11:53 am

The bottom line is that Mueller will now be free to get to the bottom of the issue and draw a conclusion one way or the other. He might find some damaging information, or he might not. Either way, the investigation will not be such a long, drawn out affair as it would be if it had continued to proceed only through Congressional Committee hearings. We can expect a faster resolution and a swifter end to speculation. This is a good thing for the United States.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/772/A320/A332/A333/E190
 
seb146
Posts: 14876
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 2:21 pm

The poor, precious snowflake is crying that no one in history has been persecuted as him.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... ent-238543

But thank Mary, Joseph, and the little baby Jeesus he did not use a private email server!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
The poor, precious snowflake is crying that no one in history has been persecuted as him.!


typical Kindergarden bully ...... considering he has the personality and intellect of a 10 year old, maybe he didn´t really rape anyone...... then again, he is a boy in a man´s body.....

best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton
 
User avatar
OA412
Crew
Posts: 4004
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 3:48 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
If the Republicans had any say in it, there wouldn´t be a special prosecutor. If it becomes definitive that he knew about Flynn before hand and didn´t act on the information, he´d be just as gone as Trump.
There may be a good chance that the career of everyone seen as close to Trump will be over after this.You don´t get many chance to put personal interests over serving and protecting the US constitution.

This! I understand where people are coming from when they say Pence is worse than Trump, but in all honesty, does anyone actually believe these ideas are coming from Trump himself. The man has proven over and over that he's an incompetent dimwit. The policies are likely already coming from Pence, Trumps resignation/impeachment would only make the Pence Presidency official. That said, we don't know where this investigation will lead, and it may very well take down more than just Trump.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 4:08 pm

ltbewr wrote:
The Special Counsel will not just be looking at Trump, but those in his campaign and since he took office (like Flynn) for any connections of corruption by Russia. It will take about 60 days to get set up, probably 90 days or more before any real action won't be going until October, any meaningful result likely in early 2018. Meanwhile Trump can still make a bigger mess. Trump needs to be curbed ASAP, we cannot wait a year for action to remove him from office. Maybe if the evidence mounts and gets out in the public, he may resign 'for the good of the country'. Yes, I know it would mean VP Pence taking over, a hypocritical 'christian', but he would likely toss out all of Trump family, Bannon, and other awful people around Trump and bring in hopefully some saner and far less corrupt heads for a good start.
I highly doubt that Trumps ego would let him resign or that the cares about the good of the country.
 
Flighty
Posts: 8409
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 4:16 pm

I think this is just more noise. People in Washington hate the American people. I think Trump is a pig too, but he was duly elected as US president.

Many people now believe they can grasp power directly and supercede the American people. This is a group of around 50,000 elite connected people versus 330 million Americans. That's how I see it. Some people believe people like Mark Zuckerberg or Hillary Clinton care about them... really? They are only interested in their own power. They are renowned sociopaths who don't see US citizens as people, they see them as mice.

I think Trump (a pig) and his support continues to be underestimated. And efforts to upend the USA continue to delve into really despicable, power-grasping, self congratulatory (we are broad-minded!) territory. But I'm keeping an open mind. We'll see what happens.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 3991
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Pence would be bad for every one except for chastity lock manufacturers.

If conservatives thinking this is a backdoor entry into oval office, their own voters will teach a lesson.

Chuck Schumer knows who is the devil. Even if they go thru impeachment process it will fail in Senate. Just 18 more months of do nothing government.
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1390
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Flighty wrote:
I think this is just more noise. People in Washington hate the American people. I think Trump is a pig too, but he was duly elected as US president.

Many people now believe they can grasp power directly and supercede the American people. This is a group of around 50,000 elite connected people versus 330 million Americans. That's how I see it. Some people believe people like Mark Zuckerberg or Hillary Clinton care about them... really? They are only interested in their own power. They are renowned sociopaths who don't see US citizens as people, they see them as mice.

I think Trump (a pig) and his support continues to be underestimated. And efforts to upend the USA continue to delve into really despicable, power-grasping, self congratulatory (we are broad-minded!) territory. But I'm keeping an open mind. We'll see what happens.


Open minded:

People in Washington hate the American people.

Trump is a pig.

They are renowned sociopaths........

But I'm keeping an open mind.

Ah, yes.

The sun will rise tomorrow.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
wingman
Posts: 3070
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 4:43 pm

What Republicans and Trump supporters refuse to acknowledge is that Trump's present situation is 100% of his own doing. When you say and tweet stupid things 24/7 inside a vacuum of deadly serious consequences you will need to pay the price for your own stupidity. Dems and the press didn't do this to Trump and neither did some secret dark power elite..unless that's the same dark power elite that HRC kept talking about and Republicans laughed off as pure paranoia.

You guys better figure out your shit and what you actually believe in. You put an incompetent buffoon up for election and we're all suffering the consequences now, consequences we can trace directly back to the President himself. Trump is little more than an infant with the mental stability of an unhinged 4 year old. I hope the Republican base can find us all a better option next time because THEY are the ones that put this POS in the White House. And it'll be a Republican controlled government in ALL branches that either removes this POS or saddles us with the consequences for another 3.8 years.
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1390
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 4:48 pm

OA412 wrote:
........ does anyone actually believe these ideas are coming from Trump himself. The man has proven over and over that he's an incompetent dimwit. The policies are likely already coming from Pence.


What "policies"?

Perhaps you mean "policy" as in a daily numbers game?

Governing by Twitter is not "policy."

If Mr. Pence was pulling Mr.Trump's strings you would see Mr. Trump attending National Baptist Church rather than tripping down to Mar-a-Lago. You would see him offering up the prayers that Mr. Pence claims he (Trump) is making.

Does Mr. Trump strike you as a humble, prayerful person? To humble himself in prayer would be, for Trump, a denial of his (Trump's) greatness. I Think Mr. Pence is merely dreaming that Mr. Trump is praying for anyone.

Mr. Pence's "ideas" are not coming from Mr. Pence. He receives them from the ether. He hears them as revelations from "somewhere out there".

Crazy as they may be, I think Mr. Trump really does come up with his own ideas. He doesn't need any help in the stupid department.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 3991
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 4:51 pm

And who was the lead of transition team. Did an excellent job vetting the candidates. In hind sight Trump could have kept Christie.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 12729
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 5:59 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
And who was the lead of transition team. Did an excellent job vetting the candidates. In hind sight Trump could have kept Christie.
Yea, NJ Governor Christie who was his own special kind of crook (Bridgegate).
Now Trump has appointed the criminal that has been the Milwaukee County Sheriff to a high level public position in the Dept. of Homeland Security. A person who has allowed the death of 4 and who knows how many others brutalized in his county jail in his term.
To me it is a matter of national and international security of the highest order to try to find some way to control Pres. Trump to prevent him from doing any further damage and until he is out of office by death, resignation, Impeachment or disability under the 25th Amendment. Congress and the Senate must take strong actions to curb some of his executive powers to preserve the country over their political power plays.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 7079
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Hillis wrote:
The first step in ridding the United States of the orange menace.


Please....don't hold back.
Tell us how you REALLY feel :lol:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
Ken777
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 6:11 pm

I believe that what we need to see now is Trump getting a lawyer for his potential legal troubles. Maybe even a DC lawyer who knows how things work there.

You can tell that Trump has yet to bring on such an attorney because he is still Tweeting. Any decent lawyer would first demand Trump's cell phone before accepting that client.

The best part now is that Trump will be out of the country when anything explodes next week. That is going to kill Trump being further out of the loop.
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1390
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 6:29 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
And who was the lead of transition team. Did an excellent job vetting the candidates. In hind sight Trump could have kept Christie.


Oh, Please.

An Attorney General who must recuse himself from important issues?

An MD/politico as Health Secretary who will dismantle health care?

An Education Secretary who is anti-public education?

An enemy of environmental protection as secretary of that department?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
apodino
Posts: 3095
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Rosenstein did the right thing here by appointing the special prosecutor. However, it seems like everyone on here is jumping to conclusions about what Mueller will find even before he has a chance to investigate anything. I am worried about this. Before we start saying things like Trump is done and Trump will be impeached and all that jazz, lets let Mueller do his job and let the facts of the case (Everything surrounding the Trump case has been nothing more than circumstancial at best and also for the most part, hearsay, which last I checked is not admissible in any court of law.) Nobody outside of Washington really knows any facts here that have been proven. We really don't know where the evidence will lead this case. It could be true that it does lead to Trump and in that case he should be impeached and removed. But nothing surrounding Trump has been proven yet like I said. For all we know, the evidence in the case could lead to Hillary. It could lead to Comey himself. It could lead to the Obama administration. Or it could lead to Trump. We just don't know.

There is one disturbing thing about the purported Comey memos. Comey testified before congress just before being fired that at no point did anyone in the administration pressure him into dropping an investigation or expanding one. If this Memo does turn out to be legit, Comey perjured himself before congress. That is very serious.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 7079
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 7:29 pm

If the prosecutor subpenas Trump's tax returns....will they have to be turned over?Will they be made public?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
ThePointblank
Posts: 2697
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 7:54 pm

apodino wrote:

There is one disturbing thing about the purported Comey memos. Comey testified before congress just before being fired that at no point did anyone in the administration pressure him into dropping an investigation or expanding one. If this Memo does turn out to be legit, Comey perjured himself before congress. That is very serious.


Comey left himself a lot of wiggle room. He responded that no one at the DoJ or AG attempted to interfere or pressure him into dropping the investigation. Nothing about the Administration or Trump himself.
 
YZF101
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:12 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 7:56 pm

I too am looking forward to a very wide reaching investigation. There will, hopefully, be many dark closets opened. But if I were a betting man, I wouldn't be too happy being a Democrat right now. Many trails lead to many interesing places, with many forks off the path.

Enjoy the circus - be careful in what you wish for.....the consequences could be bad for everyone.

Peace :)
 
salttee
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm

apodino wrote:
it seems like everyone on here is jumping to conclusions..............................

Yea I remember back in 73 and 74, every day there were opinion pieces in the media spouting that same "everyone is jumping to conclusions" BS that you are trying to sell now. When all the dust settled back then, some of those pundents were among the 48 people who pleaded guilty to Watergate crimes. That was so satisfying at the time.

Not that I see any reason to think that you are personally involved with the Trump administration.

Just sayin
"Good genes, very good genes, Ok, very smart, the Wharton School of finance, very good, very smart."
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
The bottom line is that Mueller will now be free to get to the bottom of the issue and draw a conclusion one way or the other. He might find some damaging information, or he might not. Either way, the investigation will not be such a long, drawn out affair as it would be if it had continued to proceed only through Congressional Committee hearings. We can expect a faster resolution and a swifter end to speculation. This is a good thing for the United States.


Since when do you worry if something is a long, drawn-out affair anyway. I'm sure you supported the years'-long investigations of "BENGHAZI!" and were rooting on the investigation over emails.

As for this being a good thing for the United States, with all due respect, you're full of crap. This is an absolute embarrassment to the United States, that after four months of this clown being in office, he could be facing the beginnings of impeachment. It's an embarrassment that so many idiots voted for this horses ass because they wanted to stick it to the black guy who was POTUS before him and avoid having a woman as POTUS.

The only thing good that can come out of it is the menace is thrown out of office and in jail and the GOP gets their collected asses handed to them in November of 2018.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146
 
KLDC10
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Thu May 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Hillis wrote:
Since when do you worry if something is a long, drawn-out affair anyway. I'm sure you supported the years'-long investigations of "BENGHAZI!" and were rooting on the investigation over emails.

As for this being a good thing for the United States, with all due respect, you're full of crap. This is an absolute embarrassment to the United States, that after four months of this clown being in office, he could be facing the beginnings of impeachment. It's an embarrassment that so many idiots voted for this horses ass because they wanted to stick it to the black guy who was POTUS before him and avoid having a woman as POTUS.

The only thing good that can come out of it is the menace is thrown out of office and in jail and the GOP gets their collected asses handed to them in November of 2018.


My goodness, must you be so utterly uncivil? I mean really, are you that blinded by your hatred for my opinions?

I am a conservative, and I am openly agreeing that appointing a special counsel is the best course of action right now. It is a good thing for the United States because the alternative is a continued media circus and continued mudslinging. This appointment cuts through the crap and gets to the heart of the matter. It is far better for the country that that happens, rather than this whole thing hanging like a shadow over Washington. This is going to expedite the process and bring it to a swifter conclusion.

And for the record, as I have stated before, I did not support the long, drawn out investigations into Hillary Clinton's e-mails or Benghazi. I saw them both as being primarily politically motivated, and a total waste of time. Fast and Furious, however, was a completely different matter, but I digress. The point is that you cannot carry on making these sweeping assumptions about the conservative members of this board. Am I supposed to argue that every Democrat wants to erase the Second Amendment? No, of course not. This is ridiculous - please think before you launch into such vitriolic postings.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/772/A320/A332/A333/E190
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1390
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 am

Hillis wrote:
As for this being a good thing for the United States, with all due respect, you're full of crap. This is an absolute embarrassment to the United States, that after four months of this clown being in office, he could be facing the beginnings of impeachment. ...............

The only thing good that can come out of it is the menace is thrown out of office and in jail and the GOP gets their collected asses handed to them in November of 2018.


You sound much better when discussing your religious background/thinking.

He might resign, he might be impeached, he will not go to jail (except perhaps for some kind of inner jail of the mind).

As a nation we already suffer absolute embarrassment. The next two in line of succession will also be embarrassments, just not as bad.

Try to calm down and dispense with vulgarity. The only one it demeans is its user.

Cheers
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
BawliBooch
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 am

America needs to appoint a high-profile person to head the investigation. Someone who is qualified and whose honesty & integrity is beyond question and who can be expected to be unbiased.

Like John McCain or Trey Gowdy?
L' Esprit de Mai 68
 
Ken777
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 am

BawliBooch wrote:
America needs to appoint a high-profile person to head the investigation. Someone who is qualified and whose honesty & integrity is beyond question and who can be expected to be unbiased.

Like John McCain or Trey Gowdy?


Or Robert Mueller, the pervious FBI Director?
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 3991
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 1:51 am

Bob Mueller is very capable and has bi-partisan support. It may be easy to prove a seven-year-old committed treason than Trump committed obstruction of justice. In a he-said-he-said scenario, "Flynn is a good guy, I hope you will close the investigation" can be interpreted in million ways. He said Flynn is a good guy million times in public, he also said he wanted this investigation to be closed quickly several times.

Also, it is not up to Comey to clear anyone, it is up to DOJ, Comey already overreached his authority by declaring no prosecutor will bring charges during Clinton e-mail probe. If Comey has no authority to clear Flynn, Trump asking him has no value.

Trump will make lot of incoherent statements during deposition, how is Mueller going to interpret.

Trump wanted decorated generals on his team because of their integrity if they turned out to be different how would Trump know.Even if Obama warned Flynn is no good, why would Trump trust his opponent?

Apparently, Flynn told Team Trump he was under investigation, this is actually an issue for Pence.

Democrats aren't in the clear either, if someone unmasked US persons, they are in trouble, and whoever was leaking within 60 seconds.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 2:09 am

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 14 hours ago

This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!

84K replies, 31K retweets, 101K likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6854204416
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 am

BawliBooch wrote:
America needs to appoint a high-profile person to head the investigation. Someone who is qualified and whose honesty & integrity is beyond question and who can be expected to be unbiased.

Like John McCain or Trey Gowdy?


Those two yahoos are honest and have integrity? McCain talks like a moderate but votes like a radical right wing nut job - screw him. Gowdy proudly led the partisan witch hunt that was the Benghazi investigation (and Trump, I know you can't read, but in case you are, take a lesson from Hillary on how to handle yourself while being investigated - confident yet reserved).

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 14 hours ago

This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!

84K replies, 31K retweets, 101K likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6854204416


Which is only further proves how dumb his supporters are. DIRECTFLT, you fit right in!
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 am

LittleFokker wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 14 hours ago

This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!

84K replies, 31K retweets, 101K likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6854204416


Which is only further proves how dumb his supporters are. DIRECTFLT, you fit right in!


Image
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
Gemuser
Posts: 4526
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:07 pm

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 4:00 am

Just for my information: Suppose the Special Council delivers a report that dams Trump, Pence & Ryan who is next in line? OK maybe not likely but satisfy my antipodean curiosity please.

Gemuser
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1390
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Special Prosecutor Name In Russia Probe

Fri May 19, 2017 4:45 am

Gemuser wrote:
Just for my information: Suppose the Special Council delivers a report that dams Trump, Pence & Ryan who is next in line? OK maybe not likely but satisfy my antipodean curiosity please.

Gemuser


See posts #7 and #10 above and also the current list for line of succession at Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... succession

If the President nominates and Congress confirms a new V.P. then it changes things with respect to that list.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cadet985, FAST Enterprise [Crawler], LTenEleven, salttee and 4 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos