tommy1808

Re: Washington Post: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
You're again essentially blaming the messenger and not the one committing the act. I also work in a classified environment

i just try to imagine to get out of an NDA violation by saying "But i trusted that person to not leak it to anyone else when i leaked it to him!!!!"

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

dtw2hyd

Re: Washington Post: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Thu May 18, 2017 11:54 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Thousands of pieces of sensitive information get shared behind closed doors every single day, in the intelligence community, with and from allies and/or people with common enemies (yes, even with Russia, and even during the Obama years)

Nothing more than Candy Rice told her hair stylist. "Girl, watch TV this weekend, there will be fireworks". This was before Iraq, shock and awe.

tommy1808 wrote:
... even rammed a knife in Israels back...

best regards
Thomas

I thought Obama administration and Netanyahu administration were in a name calling contest. Let me know if you need links.

Pyrex

Thu May 18, 2017 11:55 am

Got it - so if somehow we got information from that source on a plot that would kill 224 civilians, including seventeen children, most of them Russian, we should somehow keep that to ourselves because John Podesta was stupid enough to fall for an obvious phishing scam and had some embarassing e-mails leaked. Glad to know where your priorities are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrojet_Flight_9268
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

einsteinboricua

Thu May 18, 2017 12:44 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
I thought Obama administration and Netanyahu administration were in a name calling contest. Let me know if you need links.

Calling a spade a spade is not name calling. But then again, any criticism of Israel (even when Israel is clearly wrong) is met with the ever popular "You're anti-Semitic". Most likely, these are people who would defend their bully kid and blame the bullied one for being weak and an easy target.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

tommy1808

Thu May 18, 2017 12:54 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Thousands of pieces of sensitive information get shared behind closed doors every single day, in the intelligence community, with and from allies and/or people with common enemies (yes, even with Russia, and even during the Obama years)

Nothing more than Candy Rice told her hair stylist. "Girl, watch TV this weekend, there will be fireworks". This was before Iraq, shock and awe.

Well, when the attack would start was a US secret (shared, but still). If you want her prosecuted and jailed for treason, go for it. But i would assume there would be some problem showing that she did tell more than was basically known. There is a deadline coming up, and hostilities would commence shortly thereafter. About 24 hours after time was up... how much more precise was the weekend, an 48 hours time frame?

i don´t see how that is name calling, since it is an adequate description for betraying Intel.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

alberchico

Thu May 18, 2017 1:00 pm

I never thought that I would live to see the day when TIME has this cover...

short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

dtw2hyd

Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
There is a deadline coming up, and hostilities would commence shortly thereafter. About 24 hours after time was up... how much more precise was the weekend, an 48 hours time frame?

So are you claiming Trump printed original redacted Israeli intel report and handed it over to Kiss/Lavrov.. He probably said something like a little birdy at a office cooler.

tommy1808 wrote:
i don´t see how that is name calling, since it is an adequate description for betraying Intel.

best regards
Thomas

FYI, Israelis issued an official statement stating this is a non-issue.

Looks like Trump is a major issue for foreigners than Americans. Which is a good thing.

tommy1808

Thu May 18, 2017 2:08 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
So are you claiming Trump printed original redacted Israeli intel report and handed it over to Kiss/Lavrov.. He probably said something like a little birdy at a office cooler.

Did you claim she did?

FYI, Israelis issued an official statement stating this is a non-issue.

Looks like Trump is a major issue for foreigners than Americans. Which is a good thing.

The Israeli government did so, otherwise they would have to start a criminal investigation into Trump, and of course they did that, since leaking information on their own is much more useful than complaining about a sitting US President. They will leak some information to help one of their sources to be more critical. Like leaking an US operation to crack down on ISIS operation in the US to get one of their agents deeper in. The US won´t be able to complain, on top of probably never finding out, since they did the same and Israel nicely glossed over it.

Well, he isn´t killing half a million or so German citizens with his tax break law, that he calls healthcare law. One of the bigger cases of false advertising.

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Thu May 18, 2017 2:12 pm

To those defending the orange man, keep in mind that American media were not allowed in the room with the Russians during the exchange. Only Russian media.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/whi ... ce-n757936

And, to the administration apologists, look up how many Russian ambassadors have died under mysterious circumstances over the past year and what they had connections to.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

Flighty

Thu May 18, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm still waiting for proof that Trump is disloyal or improper.

This simply isn't it. As president, this declassification was up to his judgment. I actually heard a former intelligence official on NPR suggest the president must ask the [deep state] for "permission" to have a conversation with foreign officials. This guy is now a professor at Columbia. This state of confusion among even well trained people suggests that the facts really don't matter.

The ruling class/deep state wants Trump out, that is all I am learning here. I think it is because many of Trump's supporters are lower class Americans. And many people believe only higher status people deserve to have the vote. So, they are kind of mounting a stealth revolutionary war right now against normal Americans.

Calder

Thu May 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Flighty wrote:

This simply isn't it. As president, this declassification was up to his judgment. I actually heard a former intelligence official on NPR suggest the president must ask the [deep state] for "permission" to have a conversation with foreign officials. This guy is now a professor at Columbia. This state of confusion among even well trained people suggests that the facts really don't matter.

The ruling class/deep state wants Trump out, that is all I am learning here. I think it is because many of Trump's supporters are lower class Americans. And many people believe only higher status people deserve to have the vote. So, they are kind of mounting a stealth revolutionary war right now against normal Americans.

As President, he's exempt from many laws that are applicable to the every day citizen.

I agree with you that this declassification was up to his judgement, I think the issue most people take with President Trump is the fact that his judgement seems to be very poor. Unfortunately for him, while his circumstances are unique, and it's unlikely we'll ever know all the information he had when he made this decision, when you play politics at the level of POTUS, generally, it doesn't matter what things are, it matters more what they look like.

I've given the man the benefit of the doubt several times so far during his tenure. I'm sad to say that he's let me down pretty much every single time.

As an ordinary citizen, I have no confidence in Pres. Trumps ability to effectively lead my country. The only war going on right now is the war between good information and bad information.
C. T.

bgm

Thu May 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Flighty wrote:

Where have you been since Jan 20? :roll:

Flighty wrote:

"Normal Americans"? You mean the majority who did not vote for Trump?

The majority of people who voted for Trump were low income, poorly educated white people. Just listen to their reasons for voting for him and it becomes shocking apparent how little they understand about how the world works, and how incredibly gullible they are. It's bad enough that they voted for him, but even after all the crap that's happened, they still support him? I guess you really can't fix stupid.
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin

salttee

Thu May 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Flynn is not cooperating with the Senate investigators, says he still has contact with Trump.

Flynn, according to two sources familiar with the dinner, revealed that Trump was not only still in touch with him, but also sending him support.
“I just got a message from the President to stay strong,” Flynn reportedly said at the end of the meal.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.3176510

I still maintain that Flynn never lied to Pence. Trump and Pence are in the same boat as Flynn. I only hope it can be proven.

Ken777

Thu May 18, 2017 4:30 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Yes, and when it is your information, or you have the permission of the information holder, that is called "intelligence sharing", when you do that without that permission, you are committing high treason.

Trump is a Traitor, and if he wasn´t the US president they´d have a warrant out already. But Israels intelligence agencies are known to take the quit pro quo game a bit more serious than others, so we can be almost certain that they will leak code word US information to whoever, if that is considered helpful for their mission at that moment.

ISIS must have a tough problem right now. Trump is the leader of the empire of evil 2.0, but he is also their next biggest supporter after Saudi Arabia and even rammed a knife in Israels back...

best regards
Thomas

The problem Trump has is that the secret information was property of Israel, not the US and Trump therefore did not have absolute rights to declassify it. The severity of Trump's SNAFU in giving it to the Russians was such that at least one person in the room felt it necessary to inform the US intelligence community of Trump's actions.

I don't believe that Israel will "punish" the US by releasing US secrets, but I do believe that they will provide less information to the US - especially critical information. They may also develop a new classification - Not For Presidential Eyes, effectively banning it from the White House. Trump is so dump in this area that he won't even notice.

At least e now have a special counsel that may end the nation's misery before too much longer.

tommy1808

Thu May 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Ken777 wrote:
I don't believe that Israel will "punish" the US by releasing US secrets

Neither do i, i never said punish.

but I do believe that they will provide less information to the US - especially critical information.

Nah, they will provide just as much, since otherwise US agencies won't provide that much to them either, as intelligence is not truly shared, but exchanged 1:1.

Worst thing would be that "prices" for Israeli Intel will go up a notch and they get more. It would be stupid not to play that card for all its worth. And since codeword material is the most valuable intel.....

Best regards
Thomas

wingman

Thu May 18, 2017 5:14 pm

I agree, the Israelis would never just release sensitive US secrets, they'll sell them instead to the highest bidder. That's how they roll, a proven fact.

Flighty

Thu May 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Good, the less connection we have with Israel, the better.

apodino

Thu May 18, 2017 7:34 pm

I will say this much. This case has me worried on so many levels. I don't know what Trump did or did not share with Russia. The only reports of that are from anonymous sources, and as a result are nothing but hearsay. I am sure this is not the first time presidents have shared intelligence with other countries. I would be shocked if Obama never did it during his tenure. If the nature of the intelligence is what is being reported, that is very serious and I would have serious issues about Trumps ability to lead the country (Which I already do, but this wouldn't help)

That being said, I also have major issues with the sources going to the press on this. If this report is true, Trump is wrong. Going to the press though made this situation much worse, because now by the nature of this, Classified info was leaked by this source and going to the press endangers our intelligence gathering. The proper course of action in this case would have been to go to the Intelligence committees in both the House and the Senate and brief them on the situation. The press running with this story made it even worse. Everyone is so eager to nail trump, they are willing to put our national security in danger to do so. This undermines our intelligence capabilities, this undermines our national security, and it undermines our Democracy.

If what Trump did is as serious as people say it is, he should face consequences. But going to the proper channels in Congress was the appropriate way to deal with this. Going to the press made everything ten times worse.

salttee

Thu May 18, 2017 7:57 pm

@apodino
It is not the press that is putting our national security in danger it is the Trump administration. Someone in the WH gave this information to the press because they have been unable to wake Trump up to the folly of his actions. Trump himself, along with McMaster have verified the story, this is not an invention of the press.

This source presumably has already used every avenue possible to provide pressure on Trump to wise up and if he or she had gone to the Republican controlled Congress the story would have been hushed up. Whoever did this, did the right thing IMO; there seems to be no way to bring Trump out of his narcissistic delusions than to bring his blunders to the light of day. Trump's blundering is far more of a danger to the country than this single intel source, don't worry about the Mossad, this won't break them.

casinterest

Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm

So here is a new report. Apparently Trump told Rosenstein that he was going to fire trump the day before the memo, and the memo was written to protect trump's reasoning.
Lots of problems here folks. Lots of problems.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 61115f215c
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Aesma

Thu May 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Got it - so if somehow we got information from that source on a plot that would kill 224 civilians, including seventeen children, most of them Russian, we should somehow keep that to ourselves because John Podesta was stupid enough to fall for an obvious phishing scam and had some embarassing e-mails leaked. Glad to know where your priorities are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrojet_Flight_9268

I guess you're outraged at the Russians for MH17, then.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Aesma

Thu May 18, 2017 8:25 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

A survey from Public Policy Polling released Tuesday finds 48 percent of those questioned support impeaching the president, while just 41 percent would oppose the move. The negative feelings about Trump also affected prognostications about how long his presidency will last. Just 43 percent of respondents think Trump will remain in office for four years, while 45 percent think he won’t complete his term.

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/18/for-the ... d_partner/
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

dtw2hyd

Fri May 19, 2017 1:16 am

Based on the polling agency background 49% is very low.

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is a U.S. Democratic polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina. PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Policy_Polling

tommy1808

Fri May 19, 2017 5:22 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
Based on the polling agency background 49% is very low.

So, you think there should be more republicans in favor of impeachment? Background or not, their results are slightly right leaning.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Fri May 19, 2017 6:26 am

Flighty wrote:

Trump is higher status, or at least he thinks he is, look at what he wants and does, tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires. Cutting all kind of services and benefits which the lower classes profit the most. Health care is most prominent: 23million Americans can't afford it anymore and Trump gives the money to the ultra rich. In that sense, Trump is being very disloyal to his base which voted for him.
A president of the USA isn't a dictator, whom can just decide whatever he pleases. Everything has consequences. Giving this piece of Israeli intelligence to another foreign power wasn't very loyal to Israel and they will think twice before handing over another piece of sensitive information to the White House. It was unethical and disloyal and thus improper to the Israelis, don't you think?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Francoflier

Fri May 19, 2017 11:33 am

apodino wrote:
Everyone is so eager to nail trump, they are willing to put our national security in danger to do so. This undermines our intelligence capabilities, this undermines our national security, and it undermines our Democracy.

Does exposing this event, or now countless similar ones pertaining to Trump's presidency, undermine the US' intelligence capability, national security and democracy any more than Trump himself does?

I'm personally convinced that this is not the case, and that these 'everyone' see it as necessary collateral damage to try and cut short a disastrous presidency which could have much more serious repercussions for the US in the long term.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

DIRECTFLT

Fri May 19, 2017 1:38 pm

What we already knew...

Harvard Study Reveals Huge Extent of Anti-Trump Media Bias :checkmark:

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard ... edia-bias/
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

einsteinboricua

Fri May 19, 2017 2:07 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
What we already knew...

Is it because there is an anti-Trump bias or is it because this administration takes one step forward and 10 steps back?

Anti-Trump bias would be tuning him out or faulting him for things he's not responsible (a revival of "thanks Obama"). But reporting his many mistakes because he can't get himself straightened out is his own doing. This whole Russia story could have been put to bed immediately if his tax returns had been released. If he's as innocent as he says he is, and has no economic ties to Russia, those tax returns should show it and the story will shift to other things. Instead of holding a press conference directly and answering questions: he takes to Twitter to claim what a victim he is (such a strong man, am I right?). In the meantime, Congress still churns because they don't know what to expect from him.

Tell me of a single legislative achievement that has become law and is to be touted as a sign of progress. And no, Trumpcare has not yet become law and no doubt will die or be modified in the Senate.

tommy1808

Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 pm

not surprising, if you go to the source itself, it looks somewhat different...

Findings include:

President Trump dominated media coverage in the outlets and programs analyzed, with Trump being the topic of 41 percent of all news stories—three times the amount of coverage received by previous presidents. He was also the featured speaker in nearly two-thirds of his coverage.
Republican voices accounted for 80 percent of what newsmakers said about the Trump presidency, compared to only 6 percent for Democrats and 3 percent for those involved in anti-Trump protests.
European reporters were more likely than American journalists to directly question Trump’s fitness for office.
Trump has received unsparing coverage for most weeks of his presidency, without a single major topic where Trump’s coverage, on balance, was more positive than negative, setting a new standard for unfavorable press coverage of a president.
Fox was the only news outlet in the study that came close to giving Trump positive coverage overall, however, there was variation in the tone of Fox’s coverage depending on the topic.

They don´t talk about "bias" somehow....

best regards
Thomas

wingman

Fri May 19, 2017 2:40 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard-study-reveals-huge-extent-of-anti-trump-media-bias/

More appropriately titled "Study reveals that President's idiotic rantings on Twitter invite 24/7 news coverage explaining how idiotic and unpresidential the twit's rantings are".

cledaybuck

Fri May 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Yeah, I don't want to hear Trump and Trump supporters complain about the media. The media is what helped make Trump into the president with outsized coverage of him during the Republican primaries.

BobPatterson

Fri May 19, 2017 7:27 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
What we already knew...

Thanks for posting this topic and link to the "study". It's a great example of how to bias the results (although one must admit that not biasing the results would be difficult).

Of the American news sources only Fox was "fair and balanced". Not much of a surprise.

Why was the Chicago Tribune not included, along with two other "Conservative" newspapers?

During the election campaign I took advantage of a special very low cost offer to receive the Sunday New York Times for twelve weeks. I wanted to see whether the reporting was better than the incessant negative drumbeat that I was getting from my daily Washington Post newspapers. The only benefit derived from this experiment was the weight added to my recycle bin. The NYT stories were, perhaps, better edited, but they were equally negative.

During the campaign the Washington Post overwhelmingly gave Mr. Trump undeserved coverage of inanities almost to the exclusion of coverage for other candidates. My wife told me the same thing was happening on non-Fox TV network news (I don't watch TV).

After the election the coverage of gaffs and worse is of course real news. Stuff is not being made up, and the sheer weight of what comes out of the White House and Mr. Trump's Twitter account is, by any rational measurement, overwhelmingly negative.

Only in business news reporting is there a difference, and that is only because of the frivolous wish for riches by investors who have not yet suffered a serious downturn brought about by the effects of actual Trump policies.

I have little doubt that the overall Harvard survey results would not have been changed in a major way by the inclusion of more conservative news sources. It remains impossible to make silk purses out of sow's ears.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

DIRECTFLT

Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

President Trump will be the Hercules to the Media Hydra:

He will defeat the Media Hydra with his club and fire.

The Hydra has poisonous breath and blood so virulent that even its scent is deadly.

The 7 heads of the Media Hydra:

1. CNN
  2. ABC NEWS
  3. NBC NEWS
  4. CBS NEWS
  5. MSNBC
  6. NY TIMES
  7. WASHINGTON POST
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Aesma

Fri May 19, 2017 7:58 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
What we already knew...

I guess I'm not understanding the meaning of the word bias. To me, bias implies subtlety. Journalists aren't biased against Trump, they're downright hostile. And why shouldn't they be, Trump is worse, he's insulting them.

Even Fox News can't manage to be positive about him !

salttee

Fri May 19, 2017 8:50 pm

If this won't inflame the faction of Senators and Congressmen who remain loyal to the United States and understand that Russia is currently no more of a friend to the US than was the USSR in days of old, nothing will. I think he may have sealed his fate with this display of disloyalty to the US.

Trump felt himself among friends when he was in the company of the Russian delegation last week. He felt comfortable enough with them to open up about how he felt about James Comey. At most times Trump is surrounded by Americans and has to keep his guard up. But on May 10th he was among people he felt were his friends. The NYT tells the story.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/p ... pe=article

johnboy

Fri May 19, 2017 9:28 pm

I would love to be a fly on the wall on AF 1 right now. Hopefully the WH staff are all celebrating now with champagne, and will change the locks before that turd gets. Ack.

Hillis

Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Flighty wrote:

Since when does the right wait for "proof"? Only when it pertains to one of their own? The orange menace led the birther campaign that many mainstream Republicans jumped aboard, even though there was no "proof". Many conservatives also bought at face value the "Obama is a Muslim", and the "Obama hates America" bullshit. Proof was not a requirement, as I recall. So hearing you demand "proof" is pretty amusing.

As far as I'm concerned, you don't share classified info with a foreign government, especially one that you're currently being investigated for being in cahoots with. At least you didn't have the gall to say there shouldn't be an investigation, so you get points for that.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

johnboy

Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

He will defeat the Media Hydra with his club and fire.

The Hydra has poisonous breath and blood so virulent that even its scent is deadly.

The 7 heads of the Media Hydra:

1. CNN
  2. ABC NEWS
  3. NBC NEWS
  4. CBS NEWS
  5. MSNBC
  6. NY TIMES
  7. WASHINGTON POST

Fortunately, Cheeto Von F*ckstick was focused on "a-rasslin'" with the media and forgot Head #8: Karma, sponsored by the Intelligence Community, which chewed off his meager dangly bits. :bouncy:

Braybuddy

Fri May 19, 2017 11:40 pm

This is truly the most extraordiary presidency. It lurches from crisis to crisis, and it's not even five months old.

Car crash politics indeed . . .

BobPatterson

Fri May 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Hillis wrote:
Flighty wrote:

This simply isn't it. As president, this declassification was up to his judgment..

As far as I'm concerned, you don't share classified info with a foreign government, especially one that you're currently being investigated for being in cahoots with. At least you didn't have the gall to say there shouldn't be an investigation, so you get points for that.

Flighty may well be correct. It appears that the President does have the right/power to share information with other governments. That doesn't speak to the question as to whether doing so is wise in a particular instance.

Hillis is correct "as far as he is concerned". Well, sure, I'm correct as far as I'm concerned, too. Yawn.

Suppose, just suppose that our stalwart intelligence agencies got together and decided to have the President help pass some disinformation on to the Russians. They give this little tidbit to the President and suggest that this might be a way of "making nice" with Putin to let him know that we know something they don't know. Mr. Trump will feel heroic in carrying out this mission.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

Francoflier

Sat May 20, 2017 4:22 am

johnboy wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russia-probe-reaches-current-white-house-official-people-familiar-with-the-case-say/2017/05/19/7685adba-3c99-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html

"Alex, I can't decide between Jared and the Money Launderers for $200 or Steve "Beware a Scorned White Supremacist" Bannon for $400.

BIGLY SAD!

:bouncy:

I've got Tillerson (another of Putin's good buddy) or Sessions.

Braybuddy wrote:
This is truly the most extraordiary presidency. It lurches from crisis to crisis, and it's not even five months old.

Car crash politics indeed . . .

To be fair, anyone who did not foresee this happening with Trump was severely lacking in the critical thinking department... Or as they're called: a Trump voter.
:duck:

Although even I didn't expect the catastrophe to unfold that quickly.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

seb146

Sat May 20, 2017 5:14 am

I have been hearing that Israel gave this classified information to the United States intelligence community with the understanding that it not be shared with any other countries. Now that Russia has this information and Trump is going to visit our "ally" Israel, how will this play?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

MaverickM11

Sat May 20, 2017 5:20 am

wingman wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard-study-reveals-huge-extent-of-anti-trump-media-bias/

More appropriately titled "Study reveals that President's idiotic rantings on Twitter invite 24/7 news coverage explaining how idiotic and unpresidential the twit's rantings are".

This sounds like if 9 sources report Trump's dozen actual contradictions straight from his mouth, and 1 (Fox News, of course) doesn't, then it's BIAS. Uh. Sure.
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Oh I see. You're a nutter butter.
E pur si muove -Galileo

MaverickM11

Sat May 20, 2017 5:43 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
What we already knew...

Also, it'd be interesting to see the split of media coverage on Trump in the decades prior to his run. I bet it was even more negative *cough* I mean biased :roll: . The man has always been a skidmark on humanity.
E pur si muove -Galileo

salttee

Sat May 20, 2017 5:56 am

seb146 wrote:
I have been hearing that Israel gave this classified information to the United States intelligence community with the understanding that it not be shared with any other countries. Now that Russia has this information and Trump is going to visit our "ally" Israel, how will this play?

Netanyahu is already covering for him.

Israel denied any damage from Trump’s tattling, with Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman saying the security relationship with the U.S. remains “deep, meaningful and unprecedented in its scope.” http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.3172863

Now Netanyahu will expect quid pro quo and strong arm Trump into backing off on any opposition to the new West Bank construction projects. He'll also for sure try for a few hundred million extra in military goodies. Netanyahu has Trump just where he wants him.

Francoflier

Sat May 20, 2017 6:22 am

salttee wrote:
Netanyahu has Trump just where he wants him.

Every World leader he has come across thus far seem to have been able to play Trump like a fiddle. He's not exactly very hard to outwit.

Trump's former ghost writer, who wrote 'The Art of the Deal' for him has been making the rounds on TV recently talking about his take on Trump's dangerously dysfunctional personality, rooted in his infancy as a child who could never please an unloving and overbearing father...
He seems to know his subject pretty well, for having worked closely with him for a while, and what he says about Trump seems to fit right in with the reality of what we're witnessing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvczI3bfPsM

DIRECTFLT

Sat May 20, 2017 6:45 am

salttee wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Netanyahu is already covering for him.

Now Netanyahu will expect quid pro quo and strong arm Trump into backing off on any opposition to the new West Bank construction projects. He'll also for sure try for a few hundred million extra in military goodies. Netanyahu has Trump just where he wants him.

einsteinboricua

Sat May 20, 2017 8:02 am

johnboy wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russia-probe-reaches-current-white-house-official-people-familiar-with-the-case-say/2017/05/19/7685adba-3c99-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html

"Alex, I can't decide between Jared and the Money Launderers for $200 or Steve "Beware a Scorned White Supremacist" Bannon for $400.

BIGLY SAD!

:bouncy:

An outlet is reporting that it IS Jared

BestWestern

Sat May 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Stone, Manafort, Ailes, Bannon

What a motley crew of swamp dwellers.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.