treetreeseven

Re: Washington Post: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Wed May 17, 2017 2:15 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
wingman wrote:
Are you in Special Ed?

Well, I have two Master Degrees with Artificial Intelligence major among others, if it counts.

dtw2hyd wrote:
Why I enjoy his presidency, USA is a clean slate now, no rules, no obligations, there is no "right way" to do things, even the crazy leaders around the world cannot predict what US going to do.

No country can nurse on us forever. No one can play us.

You are one tweet away from BFF to mortal enemy and in reverse.

Once we ride this out, absolutely no burden on future presidents and entire country.

So how is work at Uber these days, bro?

wingman

Re: Washington Post: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Wed May 17, 2017 2:46 am

That last post was way too spastic for a double A.I. degree holder. Or maybe the fact that Trump is both unsupervised and unlearning is scientifically cool to someone like you? I think the unsupervised branch of A.I. is cool too but letting it loose inside an idiot man child like Trump, there's nothing cool about that. Nothing good will come of it because he's unwilling to learn and he's starting from a level of incompetence so gross it's getting to that point where his own party is starting to question whether he's fit for office. Even Ryan and McConnell today were wondering WTF is going on in the circus area around 1600 Pennsylvania.

dtw2hyd

Wed May 17, 2017 3:03 am

Well, Dems should have thought about it before shutting down Bernie (or) Reps should have thought about it after Billy Bush tape.

Now learn to live with it. As long as his supporters trust Trump, all we can do is comment on internet forums and prepare for what tomorrow brings. Nothing else.

ThePointblank

Wed May 17, 2017 3:12 am

Conservative commentator Erick Erickson apparently knows one of the sources involved in the leak with the Washington Post story and has this to say:

http://theresurgent.com/i-know-one-of-the-sources/

Apparently, one of the sources is/was a Trump supporter during the election. The reason why the source decided to go to the media was because Trump doesn't want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack.

So the modus operandi of the staffers and advisers around him apparently is to let Trump make his mistakes, and then for them to go to the media. As Trump is too vain and cares way too much about how the media perceive him than what he is told by his advisors, embarrassing Trump publicly in the media is the only way to force Trump to correct himself. Hence the constant and steady stream of leaks in the media.

WarRI1

Wed May 17, 2017 3:20 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
Well, Dems should have thought about it before shutting down Bernie (or) Reps should have thought about it after Billy Bush tape.

I certainly agree, nobody to blame but the voters who did not vote for this crazy man being in office.

Now learn to live with it. As long as his supporters trust Trump, all we can do is comment on internet forums and prepare for what tomorrow brings. Nothing else.

We may have to wait, but if this Buffoon continues this bizarre behavior, we maybe witnessing an Impeachment attempt sooner than later. He needs a minder before we have no friends and Allies.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

alberchico

Wed May 17, 2017 3:26 am

The last 24 hours have been a full term normal Presidency's worth of scandals.

Sheesh :crazy:

And now we have this gem:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/16/trump-al ... press.html
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 5:20 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Sounds like you are doing a U-turn, flip-flop, born-again modification :-)

Well, i even wrote nice things about Trump right after the election......

Don´t get me wrong, everyone still holding on to Trump is either stupid, evil or both. .... and i think evil with utter discontent for fellow human beings probably dominates stupid by numbers.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

Nicoeddf

Wed May 17, 2017 8:18 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
wingman wrote:
Are you in Special Ed?

Well, I have two Master Degrees with Artificial Intelligence major among others, if it counts.

It doesn't. Since when has a title (or the lack thereof) meant anything about intelligence, morale or anything really than the ability to either rack up the necessary money if you study in the US or similar systems. Or the ability to be not totally lazy in a system of (more or less) free education like in European countries.
Enslave yourself to the divine disguised as salvation
that your bought with your sacrifice
Deception justified for your holy design
High on our platform spewing out your crimes
from the altar of god

treetreeseven

Wed May 17, 2017 8:21 am

tommy1808 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Don´t get me wrong, everyone still holding on to Trump is either stupid, evil or both. .... and i think evil with utter discontent for fellow human beings probably dominates stupid by numbers.

I actually think Trump is not evil. I think he's chaotic neutral - D&D players and geeks will understand me here, even if they disagree. The other options I'd consider for Trump's alignment would be Neutral Evil or Lawful Neutral. The latter is a hell of a stretch but it could be argued.

ThePointblank wrote:
Apparently, one of the sources is/was a Trump supporter during the election. The reason why the source decided to go to the media was because Trump doesn't want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack.

So the modus operandi of the staffers and advisers around him apparently is to let Trump make his mistakes, and then for them to go to the media. As Trump is too vain and cares way too much about how the media perceive him than what he is told by his advisors, embarrassing Trump publicly in the media is the only way to force Trump to correct himself. Hence the constant and steady stream of leaks in the media.

What I really think is that Trump is a high-functioning sufferer of Narcissistic Personality Disorder[1]. High-functioning or not, personality disorders are quite serious. NPD is immensely destructive to families, coworkers, and the like. Depending on other traits and skills, though, NPD sufferers can be very successful in business and politics as can their more infamous counterparts, APD sufferers (sociopaths).

It is not in the least bit surprising that a (pathological) narcissist could make it to the office of the President.

Personality disorders, especially the so-called Cluster B disorders (Narcissistic, Antisocial, Histrionic, Borderline)[2], essentially come with a reality-distortion field built in. The hallmark of Cluster B disorders is that they manifest in behavior enacted upon other people. Because the behavior typical of Cluster B makes no rational sense over the longer term, those close to one with such a disorder have a lot of trouble adapting. People may end up questioning their own perceptions of reality because this effect is so strong. It can breed depression and anxiety.[3]

NPD is characterized by a need for constant admiration or praise (known as "narcissistic supply"), grandiose and manipulative behavior which is used to capture and hold the attention of others, and a notable lack of empathy. However, their grandiosity is a front for intense insecurity. If deprived of admiration or attacked, NPD sufferers may become enraged or act erratic, and they are often quite vengeful.

Psychologists and the like aren't allowed to diagnose people at a distance or there would probably be dozens on TV talking about this. Trump is a textbook case.

You do not want somebody with a personality disorder in control of nukes, particularly a narcissist who can be goaded into unthinking action by both praise and criticism.

1. "[A] pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
2. The "dramatic" cluster. Cluster A is the "odd" cluster (Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal); Cluster C the anxious cluster (Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-compulsive).
3. "Patients in [cluster B] can be among the most challenging patients encountered in clinical settings. They can be excessively demanding, manipulative, emotionally unstable, and interpersonally inappropriate. They may attempt to create relationships that cross professional boundaries and to place physicians in difficult or compromising positions. Physicians often experience strong emotional reactions to these patients. When dealing with such patients, physicians must be keenly aware of the issues of manipulative behavior, professional boundaries, limit setting, and monitoring their own emotional state." J. American Family Physician 2004 Oct 15;70(8):1505-1512.

Aesma

Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

The other day I was surfing Wikipedia and learned about Hitler's table talks. Hitler rambling for hours to impress guests, while everything was going to shit. I immediately thought of you know who.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 9:15 am

treetreeseven wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

I actually think Trump is not evil. I think he's chaotic neutral - D&D players and geeks will understand me here, even if they disagree..

Since i used to play chaotic neutral way back when i disagree with all my heart.

He lies, he doesn´t help people, even if it would be beneficial to his career, he kills the innocent, he screws people even when his life doesn´t depend on it,......

Breaking the law whenever it is convenient and denying any authority above him alone doesn´t make you chaotic neutral......

But most importantly, i didn´t say Trump is evil, and i think he is rather in desperate need for professional psychiatric help. I said anyone still supporting it is stupid or evil. You may add insane to that list.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

Dutchy

Wed May 17, 2017 9:36 am

tommy1808 wrote:
treetreeseven wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

I actually think Trump is not evil. I think he's chaotic neutral - D&D players and geeks will understand me here, even if they disagree..

Since i used to play chaotic neutral way back when i disagree with all my heart.

He lies, he doesn´t help people, even if it would be beneficial to his career, he kills the innocent, he screws people even when his life doesn´t depend on it,......

Breaking the law whenever it is convenient and denying any authority above him alone doesn´t make you chaotic neutral......

But most importantly, i didn´t say Trump is evil, and i think he is rather in desperate need for professional psychiatric help. I said anyone still supporting it is stupid or evil. You may add insane to that list.

best regards
Thomas

If or rather when at this point, Trump is impeached, America gets Pence, a religious nut and tea party advocate. That doesn't help the world and certainly not the United States of America. Will be interested whom will be chosen as vice-president.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

treetreeseven

Wed May 17, 2017 9:49 am

Dutchy wrote:
If or rather when at this point, Trump is impeached, America gets Pence, a religious nut and tea party advocate. That doesn't help the world and certainly not the United States of America. Will be interested whom will be chosen as vice-president.

I think Pence, unless he's a sleeper psycho, is better than a President with serious mental illness which is fundamentally characterized by an intense need for praise and admiration while becoming enraged and vengeful when confronted or attacked. The man does theoretically command the entire military of the USA.

dtw2hyd

Wed May 17, 2017 10:34 am

If Pence becomes President, it will be Na Na Na Na Hey Hey ey Goodbye to white house, forever.

330west
Topic Author

Wed May 17, 2017 11:04 am

treetreeseven wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I think Pence, unless he's a sleeper psycho, is better than a President with serious mental illness which is fundamentally characterized by an intense need for praise and admiration while becoming enraged and vengeful when confronted or attacked. The man does theoretically command the entire military of the USA.

The problem with Pence is his association with and fondness for the religious right. Trump talks up their pet issues to curry favor and win votes. Pence genuinely believes that abortion, assisted suicide and homosexuality are threats to society.

einsteinboricua

Wed May 17, 2017 11:10 am

330west wrote:
The problem with Pence is his association with and fondness for the religious right. Trump talks up their pet issues to curry favor and win votes. Pence genuinely believes that abortion, assisted suicide and homosexuality are threats to society.

I would be willing to put up with Pence. At least I know what I'd be getting with him. And if anything, come 2018, 2020, or 2022, Democrats can take over Congress if he's really unpopular.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 11:15 am

330west wrote:

He is also not going to break the law, disrespect judges and so on and so forth ...

best regards
Thomas

330west
Topic Author

Wed May 17, 2017 11:22 am

Mike Pence disrespects everyone in the United States and the world at large simply by waking up in the morning.

salttee

Wed May 17, 2017 11:23 am

Right now may be as good as it gets for progressives for a long time. An unempowered disintegrating, backbiting Trump administration sounds preferable to me than a coherent Tea Party administration with evangelistic support from a Republican Congress. And you can bet that the Republicans would be rabid in their support of a Pence administration. Whatever goofy shit he could dream up would become law, and he's at least as much of a warhawk as Trump in the ME. His crowd are serious about the "end of times" scenario, they have no limit.

Enjoy the good times while they last.

speedbored

Wed May 17, 2017 12:15 pm

I really don't understand what you are all complaining about. Personally, I'm finding this new series of "The Apprentice" to be far more entertaining than any of the previous series.

Whoever came up with the idea of replacing the old business tasks with these new political damage limitation things is a genius.

Still can't make my mind up who is going to win it this time but looking forward to see who will get fired this week.

:)

Seriously though, as an outsider looking in with no political allegiance to either side, I really feel for you all over on the other side of the pond - we've had our fair share of incompetent politicians over here but nothing quite on this scale.

seahawk

Wed May 17, 2017 12:45 pm

But it seems like Labour is trying hard to score this for the UK... Corbin is surely trying.

dtw2hyd

Wed May 17, 2017 1:10 pm

What would a Pence presidency look like

Women cannot be alone with unrelated men.
Minimum 100 meter buffer zone for any woman ovulating.
No pills
No abortions

Trump is a Democrat in Republican clothing. Dems can push their liberal agenda more with Trump than with a democrat in office. The more vulnerable he is, more willing to work with Dems. Still fail to see why Dems are whining. Best time to push single pay health care.

bhill

Wed May 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Pence? Sure, why not....? His orders/legislation will be wrapped up in SCOTUS as well....business as usual for the GOP. His God and the 1st don't mix. Us Democrats are on auto pilot when it comes to shooting down GOP legislation, they are screwing their own pooch...
Carpe Pices

wingman

Wed May 17, 2017 5:04 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
If Pence becomes President, it will be Na Na Na Na Hey Hey ey Goodbye to white house, forever.

Where exactly did you get your degrees from? I feel it is my fiduciary duty to alert my HR staff accordingly.

wingman

Wed May 17, 2017 5:25 pm

From the only reputable news source I know comes this little gem of a turd:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... eting.html

Just when I thought the Trump administration could not more thoroughly embarrass this country, it takes Vlado to offer up documentation about what actually transpired in Donald Trump's own office. It's so beyond FUBAR at this point i'm practically laughing and vomiting at the exact same time.

I'm out of creativity on the descriptor front people. The next generation has to be tasked with finding ever newer and more accurate ways of properly describing this epic failure of a President.

bgm

Wed May 17, 2017 5:29 pm

wingman wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Where exactly did you get your degrees from? I feel it is my fiduciary duty to alert my HR staff accordingly.

At a university that doesn't believe in the use of the definite article. They do however specialize in teaching students to sing Bananarama songs.
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin

330west
Topic Author

Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
330west wrote:

I would be willing to put up with Pence. At least I know what I'd be getting with him. And if anything, come 2018, 2020, or 2022, Democrats can take over Congress if he's really unpopular.

We know what we'd be getting but it's nonetheless terrifying.

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 5:32 pm

wingman wrote:
The next generation has to be tasked with finding ever newer and more accurate ways of properly describing this epic failure of a President.

It is already having an effect on language... I had one trainee tell another today "that is Trump level stupid" and according to a friend "trump dumb" becomes a thing in jr. High., at least in mid MI.

Best regards
Thomas

Aesma

Wed May 17, 2017 5:49 pm

I guess some news source are still credible enough as the US stock market is unhinged, and that had a rippling effect all over the world.

Yesterday I decided that "sell in May, go away" looked like a good idea and cut all my positions, I feel really good with myself right now !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

LMP737

Wed May 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Lets be frank. If Hillary Clinton had done the same thing along with firing Comey the impeachment proceedings would already be underway.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

LMP737

Wed May 17, 2017 6:11 pm

salttee wrote:
Right now may be as good as it gets for progressives for a long time. An unempowered disintegrating, backbiting Trump administration sounds preferable to me than a coherent Tea Party administration with evangelistic support from a Republican Congress. And you can bet that the Republicans would be rabid in their support of a Pence administration. Whatever goofy shit he could dream up would become law, and he's at least as much of a warhawk as Trump in the ME. His crowd are serious about the "end of times" scenario, they have no limit.

Enjoy the good times while they last.

When you think about it there would be very little difference policy wise between an Trump and Pence administration. Where do you think all these policies and executive orders are coming from, Trump? Heck no, he's just a rubber stamp for whatever is placed in front of him by the GOP.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

dtw2hyd

Wed May 17, 2017 6:17 pm

bgm wrote:

At a university that doesn't believe in the use of the definite article. They do however specialize in teaching students to sing Bananarama songs.

Kings English is neither special nor even a talent. An airline in perceptual decline is living proof.

speedbored

Wed May 17, 2017 6:49 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Kings English is neither special nor even a talent.

No, because it does not exist. It is Queens English that is spoken or written by well educated people.

dtw2hyd wrote:
An airline in perceptual decline is living proof.

What language is this? Makes no sense whatsoever in any version of English that I am aware of.

Tugger

Wed May 17, 2017 7:48 pm

LMP737 wrote:
Lets be frank.

Shirley you must be kidding! I'd rather be Ernest, someone else can be Frank.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

Ken777

Wed May 17, 2017 9:12 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Hillis wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Again dems are underestimating the ploy here. Let it pass in Congress and fail in Senate. Blame dems.

Republican base will be happy because they tried hard, Obamacare beneficiaries will be happy because it failed. Heartburn and sleepless nights to lot of people, but they will forget once it fails. There is no net negative effect on Trump.

Worst case he will veto his own bill.

And this is good governing, how?

Read what you wrote. It's something that sounds like the Keystone Cops. I feel like playing Benny Hill's theme song to that! I'm not blaming you, but THIS is what governing has come to?

Again, for the GOP ,it isn't about country, it's about their own personal power.

Dems should ask themselves two questions 1) Can they impeach Trump 2) Can they win 2020. Answer to both is NO.

Any attempt to impeach will energize Trump supporters, they will show up in droves and make him win. I think Dems will definitely try to impeach him on Comey memo and hand out 24 seats to Reps.

While Dems are making lot of noise, there is no evidence base is energized and will show to vote. It may just be noise.

Why I enjoy his presidency, USA is a clean slate now, no rules, no obligations, there is no "right way" to do things, even the crazy leaders around the world cannot predict what US going to do.

No country can nurse on us forever. No one can play us.

You are one tweet away from BFF to mortal enemy and in reverse.

Once we ride this out, absolutely no burden on future presidents and entire country.

Impeachment is a political process and Nixon proves that Republicans can eventually gag on a politician and go after him. Fortunately Trump is such a total phuck up that he is moving Republicans agains him in the first 120 days or so. No President has screwed things up so fast.

The GOP clearly wants this taken care of and President Pence installed before the end of the year so they can minimize the impact on the 2018 Election. They have one huge problem with TrumpCare & the Trillion Dollar Tax cut - they cannot handle Trump around the Election.

Don't look for Trump to ride this out. He is simply too politically stupid to survive.

Dutchy

Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 pm

alberchico wrote:
The last 24 hours have been a full term normal Presidency's worth of scandals.

Sheesh :crazy:

And now we have this gem:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/16/trump-al ... press.html

I missed this gem, Trump asking to lock up journalists, why not, what is next for him?

Dutchy

Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 pm

wingman wrote:
From the only reputable news source I know comes this little gem of a turd:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... eting.html

Just when I thought the Trump administration could not more thoroughly embarrass this country, it takes Vlado to offer up documentation about what actually transpired in Donald Trump's own office. It's so beyond FUBAR at this point i'm practically laughing and vomiting at the exact same time.

I'm out of creativity on the descriptor front people. The next generation has to be tasked with finding ever newer and more accurate ways of properly describing this epic failure of a President.

When Merkel visited the White House, the caption said: the leader of the free world visits Donald Trump.

Pyrex

Thu May 18, 2017 12:20 am

So let me get this straight - some deep state operative was so concerned about Trump releasing sensitive information to a party with a common enemy behind closed doors that their solution was to... go to the press to make sure that information came out for everyone to see? Trump Derangement Syndrome is so rampant in Washington D.C. (the city where over 90% of the people voted for Hillary) that people are willing to compromise national security (and the life of a source supposedly embedded within ISIS) just to get a pointless jab at him?

Let's be clear here: if this indeed was a source within ISIS, and they indeed were Israeli, there is a very good chance they are dead by now. Not only dead, but given the track record of ISIS, tortured and executed in the most gruesome way imaginable. And that will be the case not because of anything Trump did, but because of the treasonous actions taken by a few deep state operatives and a media with blood on their hands. If / when that occurs, the Mossad will be fully justified if they decide to resort to their tried and tested .22 double-tap special as it relates to the editor who thought someone's life was an acceptable risk to take just to take another pointless jab at Trump.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

salttee

Thu May 18, 2017 12:31 am

"deep state operative" LOL

BobPatterson

Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 am

Pyrex wrote:
Let's be clear here: if this indeed was a source within ISIS, and they indeed were Israeli, there is a very good chance they are dead by now. Not only dead, but given the track record of ISIS, tortured and executed in the most gruesome way imaginable

If ISIS was capable of identifying an Israeli in their midst, don't you think that person would already have been eliminated?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

einsteinboricua

Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 am

Pyrex wrote:
So let me get this straight - some deep state operative was so concerned about Trump releasing sensitive information to a party with a common enemy behind closed doors that their solution was to... go to the press to make sure that information came out for everyone to see? Trump Derangement Syndrome is so rampant in Washington D.C. (the city where over 90% of the people voted for Hillary) that people are willing to compromise national security (and the life of a source supposedly embedded within ISIS) just to get a pointless jab at him?

The TL;DR version of: let's blame the leakers for leaking this information and not Trump for declassifying information to the Russians.

That's almost like blaming someone who's reporting rape on someone's behalf and not the actual rapist.

There's a catch though: because the information is now declassified by the president (by revealing it to the Russians), no crime is committed by the leaker (revealing a declassifying event is not classified information...because the information is now declassified). Ergo: there's nothing to blame on the Deep State.

And if you want to talk about compromising national security, how about the fact that allies can decide to withhold sensitive information out of fear that the Blabbermouth In Chief will tell it all to the Russians (or the public)?

treetreeseven

Thu May 18, 2017 1:33 am

salttee wrote:
"deep state operative" LOL

:checkmark: :lol:

dtw2hyd

Thu May 18, 2017 2:02 am

speedbored wrote:
What language is this? Makes no sense whatsoever in any version of English that I am aware of.

It is called Kitchen English, an anti-astroturfing tool works best against Kings English astroturfers.

tommy1808

Thu May 18, 2017 5:01 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
Let's be clear here: if this indeed was a source within ISIS, and they indeed were Israeli, there is a very good chance they are dead by now. Not only dead, but given the track record of ISIS, tortured and executed in the most gruesome way imaginable

If ISIS was capable of identifying an Israeli in their midst, don't you think that person would already have been eliminated?

Why protect sources as well in that case? If sources are so easy to find and to kill.....

Plus of cause it show the mindset very well, because how would ISIS identify an Israeli in their midst, by the big nose, because he is good with money or because he is good at Basketball?

Pyrex wrote:
So let me get this straight - some deep state operative was so concerned about Trump releasing sensitive information to a party with a common enemy behind closed doors that their solution was to... .

Trump declassified the information by giving it to the Russians.He tweeted to that effect. After that, everyone was perfectly free to talk about it, since it wasn´t classified anymore.

best regards
Thomas

Mir

Thu May 18, 2017 5:08 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Of course. Which is why Pyrex's assertion is laughable. The media didn't publish information that could have been used to identify the source - the White House asked them not to, and they obliged. If that source was indeed outed, it would be because Russia used the information Trump gave them in order to do it.

I, for one, don't think the source is dead. I do think we will never get information from them again, which is almost as bad.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

seb146

Thu May 18, 2017 5:10 am

Israel gave the United States this intel. Russia is friendly with Syria, neither of whom are our allies nor allies with Israel.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/trumps-di ... d=47449304

Where is the right wing outrage over this? Aren't we protecting Israel at all costs? The right was outraged any time Obama wanted Palestine involved with any Middle East talks because Israel is such a poor, defenseless country or something. Where is the right wing outrage that their standard bearer is turning his (and YOUR party's) back on dear Israel?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

tommy1808

Thu May 18, 2017 5:26 am

seb146 wrote:
Where is the right wing outrage over this? Aren't we protecting Israel at all costs?

have you forgotten? "America First", and for the current republican leadership apparently America is only a Synonym for Trump.

Trump voters have expressed significant outrage over the resistance radio station in "The man in the High Castle" over their "liberal agenda". If you voted for Trump there must be some probability you believe that everything not fascist is liberal bullshit. Hence the Führerkult.

best regards
Thomas

Pyrex

Thu May 18, 2017 11:20 am

BobPatterson wrote:

An Israeli source in ISIS doesn't necessarily mean Ira Mossadstein uncurling his beard and pretending to like to fuck goats in order to try to blend in. Human Intelligence comes in several forms, and different people have different motivations, doesn't have to be a love of country - it could be disillusionment, it could be money, it could be because you have some sort of leverage on them. Which leads to:

Mir wrote:
The media didn't publish information that could have been used to identify the source - the White House asked them not to, and they obliged

The media published information that mentioned a specific terror plot being prepared by ISIS (laptop onto plane). Not sure how ISIS' information security procedures work, but I doubt every single last one of those fuckers knew the details. At the very least, now that they know they have a mole, they will dig deeply into who has been talking to whom. Given how much respect they have shown for their own people, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone in the know about this plot quickly found themselves near the top of the list as a SVBIED driver against some random checkpoint manned by some low-level Syrian conscripts or local militia.

einsteinboricua wrote:
There's a catch though: because the information is now declassified by the president (by revealing it to the Russians), no crime is committed by the leaker (revealing a declassifying event is not classified information...because the information is now declassified).

What a crock of shit. Just because the President released the information behind closed doors to a party with a legitimate interest in the information (don't forget, 219 Russian civilians died in a very similar ISIS plot in Metrojet 9268 less than 2 years ago) doesn't mean the Need to Know principle doesn't apply. Thousands of pieces of sensitive information get shared behind closed doors every single day, in the intelligence community, with and from allies and/or people with common enemies (yes, even with Russia, and even during the Obama years) - doesn't mean every time someone does it the information becomes fair game to release to a broader audience.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

tommy1808

Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 am

Pyrex wrote:
Thousands of pieces of sensitive information get shared behind closed doors every single day, in the intelligence community, with and from allies and/or people with common enemies (yes, even with Russia, and even during the Obama years)

Yes, and when it is your information, or you have the permission of the information holder, that is called "intelligence sharing", when you do that without that permission, you are committing high treason.

Trump is a Traitor, and if he wasn´t the US president they´d have a warrant out already. But Israels intelligence agencies are known to take the quit pro quo game a bit more serious than others, so we can be almost certain that they will leak code word US information to whoever, if that is considered helpful for their mission at that moment.

ISIS must have a tough problem right now. Trump is the leader of the empire of evil 2.0, but he is also their next biggest supporter after Saudi Arabia and even rammed a knife in Israels back...

best regards
Thomas

einsteinboricua

Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 am

Pyrex wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
There's a catch though: because the information is now declassified by the president (by revealing it to the Russians), no crime is committed by the leaker (revealing a declassifying event is not classified information...because the information is now declassified).

What a crock of shit. Just because the President released the information behind closed doors to a party with a legitimate interest in the information (don't forget, 219 Russian civilians died in a very similar ISIS plot in Metrojet 9268 less than 2 years ago) doesn't mean the Need to Know principle doesn't apply. Thousands of pieces of sensitive information get shared behind closed doors every single day, in the intelligence community, with and from allies and/or people with common enemies (yes, even with Russia, and even during the Obama years) - doesn't mean every time someone does it the information becomes fair game to release to a broader audience.

You're again essentially blaming the messenger and not the one committing the act. I also work in a classified environment. If I brought someone in without a need to know and revealed information to them, I'd be no different than Trump is. If someone else had been in the room and rats me out, why should I blame them for the actions I committed? Being president doesn't mean you use your powers as you wish; "with great power, comes great responsibility". If you can't learn that as president, then maybe you shouldn't occupy the office in the first place.

And here's something else: for someone who claims they're not doing Russia any favors, he certainly seems to cozy up to them too much. Why wasn't this intel shared with NATO allies first? To reveal information to NATO allies would at least not cause outrage as everyone would understand that, being a military alliance, every member would have a need to know. How and why does Russia come in to the picture?