Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

simonriat
Topic Author

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Mon May 15, 2017 11:06 am

Hi

Will be visiting California in August, with 3 highly active children.

We are intending to visit 6 flags during our stay.

My question is, could anyone tell me, if there is enough there for children of ages 10, 8 and 6 to warrant multiple visits or will one day be enough?

Thanks in advance.
Simon

apodino

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain

Mon May 15, 2017 11:03 pm

If they are at least 48 inches tall, there is so much there one day will not be enough. I think that park competes with Cedar Point for most roller coasters. I haven't been there lately so I don't know about stuff for smaller children, but from what you have told me, this is worth a multiday trip.

One recommendation I would make. Buy season passes. They are good at any six flags, and one season pass costs less then the price of two days admissions. Best bargain around.

Zkpilot

Tue May 16, 2017 3:03 am

Plenty to do there. They sell season passes for only a little bit more than a day pass so can be well worth it. Guess it depends on your family. Some people can't get enough of theme parks and others are done with a day.
Provided it isn't too busy you can do every ride there in a single day and do a few less popular ones more than once. They also sell front of line passes to skip the queues. I've been there 3x in one year before and I don't live in the US.
Do recommend stopping at the Wendy's outside the park and having a meal first rather than having the crappy food in the park and paying through the nose for it.

kellyon

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 am

I think at least two days will be enough. Going to spend in California our family vacation too. I've booked cheap tickets at https://lowcostclub.ca/ to Los Angeles, want to spend there two weeks. I visited it only once two years ago without kids. It was great time. This time I want to take my kids with me.

flyfresno

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 pm

One day is plenty. I would recommend Disney or Universal over Six Flags (having season passes to the latter two and going 2-3 times per year to the former) for young children unless they are really, really into roller coasters and, as said above, tall.

flyfresno

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Zkpilot wrote:
Plenty to do there. They sell season passes for only a little bit more than a day pass so can be well worth it. Guess it depends on your family. Some people can't get enough of theme parks and others are done with a day.
Provided it isn't too busy you can do every ride there in a single day and do a few less popular ones more than once. They also sell front of line passes to skip the queues. I've been there 3x in one year before and I don't live in the US.
Do recommend stopping at the Wendy's outside the park and having a meal first rather than having the crappy food in the park and paying through the nose for it.

There is an AMAZING restaurant off the 5 freeway by Six Flags called Rustic Eatery that I highly recommend. Way better than Wendys, you won't be disappointed.