Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Francoflier

Re: Trump likely to be re-elected in 2020

Sat May 20, 2017 4:08 am

ER757 wrote:
I think this is his ticket out - and I think some in his party are quietly going to "suggest" to him in the not too distant future that he is having health problems that prevent him from fulfilling his duties and he will need to step down.

ER757 wrote:
I am not so sure - if (and this is a big "if") it appears inevitable that he'll get impeached, he may want to avoid the public humiliation and take the resignation route. Nixon, a man of no small ego himself, did exactly that

It will be interesting to watch.

Trump has not only a fantastically overdeveloped ego that surpasses that of Nixon, but he is also incredibly dumb...
His brain has somehow managed to shield him from understanding what is happening around him and has kept him in an alternate reality in which he is doing great. He doesn't seem to understand the outrage and sh#tstravangaza surrounding him.

When it all reaches critical mass, resigning will be the sensible thing to do. But there's nothing sensible about that man.

DIRECTFLT

Sat May 20, 2017 6:41 am

Trump Will Probably Have a Great Trip to Saudi Arabia

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ia/527334/

The past four U.S. presidents, when making their first trips abroad, traveled to either Canada or Mexico. Donald Trump, by contrast, will go to Saudi Arabia—to meet not only with the Saudi leadership but with other Gulf and Arab leaders.

This is a move by the anti-Obama. The former president’s relations with America’s traditional regional partners were strained, so what better way to advertise that you’re not the former president than to embrace them whole-heartedly—despite some of the pointed things you yourself said about them on the campaign trail.

As I have previously written, the Gulf Arabs are still excited about Donald Trump.

In the long term, though, the Arab states have to understand that America will not be in the region forever—at least not in today’s numbers. We have interests elsewhere, and finite resources to protect those interests. Also, putting it bluntly, ensuring Gulf hydrocarbon resources make their way to the market is less of a priority for the United States today than it was three decades ago.

By Andrew Exum - a contributing editor at The Atlantic. From 2015 to 2016, he was the U.S. deputy assistant secretary of defense for Middle East policy.

tommy1808

Sat May 20, 2017 11:07 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The past four U.S. presidents, when making their first trips abroad, traveled to either Canada or Mexico. Donald Trump, by contrast, will go to Saudi Arabia—to meet not only with the Saudi leadership but with other Gulf and Arab leaders.

Well, he has sufficiently demonstrated that he likes being around dictators and the chances of being bribed are also much higher that in any of the usual countries to visit.

Best regards
Thomas

Ken777

Sat May 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Trump might not have time to get sick. The way things are going with new details hitting the news on a daily basis Trump is getting close to being impeached. Word is that the White House attorneys are already researching that legal action and, when compared to the Nixon Years, things are moving far faster. Blame it on advanced technology and the internet, but Trump is barreling towards a huge wall, and it ain't to keep Mexicans out.

As far as Pence goes, the guy will do what the Rich & Powerful tells him to do, but will not be a quality President. He's too religious to serve all Americans, and too right wing to serve the country in a balanced manner. Just a puppet that we can vote out in 2020.

jetwet1

Sat May 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Francoflier wrote:

It will be interesting to watch.

Trump has not only a fantastically overdeveloped ego that surpasses that of Nixon, but he is also incredibly dumb...
His brain has somehow managed to shield him from understanding what is happening around him and has kept him in an alternate reality in which he is doing great. He doesn't seem to understand the outrage and sh#tstravangaza surrounding him.

When it all reaches critical mass, resigning will be the sensible thing to do. But there's nothing sensible about that man.

I think you are 100% wrong on this.

First, he isn't dumb, not by any reach, is he the smartest person in the room? well if he is by himself, yes, in general, no, what he has done in the past though is hire the smartest people who will work for him.

His brain isn't shielding him from anything, he knows exactly what is going on, but, he has made a few billion dollars selling a product, that product is Trump, no matter how bad the product is, he will keep selling it as the best there has ever been, at least until the attention of the press etc is somewhere else, then he can quietly get himself out of that business and move on to the next greatest thing ever.

The only problem is, you can't do that with the Presidency, the spotlight never leaves you, that was the massive miscalculation on his part, he figured he would have at least a years grace period in which to throw stuff against the wall, see what sticks and proclaim himself the best President ever.

While I am no fan of Trump, I did hope that once he was elected, he would actually throw himself at the job, listen to people, then make good choices, well I was so wrong on that, whoever he listened to has given him such bad advice, it's almost comical.

My only real hope now is that he comes back from this trip, turns off the phone and gets to work, but I don't think he can do it.

wstakl

Sat May 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Why do Trump supporters fly Confederate and Nazi flags when both armies were defeated by America? Does this tell us something about their intelligence?

Sun May 21, 2017 2:08 am

I suspect the fact that Trump bowed in front of the Saudi King might hurt his re-election.

After all, it was a huge problem for Obama, according to Republicans and even Trump himself.

As someone said, bow before the power of oil. ;)

salttee

Sun May 21, 2017 3:07 am

And he unmistakably bows - after he had received the gold necklace.

But right wing web sites and right wing commentators are lying and pretending that it never happened. I can't wait for the upcoming GIF file. I'll probably make it my avatar.

Here's the jpg

Francoflier

Sun May 21, 2017 3:35 am

At least Melania and Ivanka didn't wear head scarves...

Except, true to his flip-flopping self, he criticized the Obamas when Michelle didn't wear one when they went over to SA.

As for the bowing, it shouldn't be surprising. He loves and reveres autocrats, his idols.

Sun May 21, 2017 4:41 am

Francoflier wrote:
At least Melania and Ivanka didn't wear head scarves...

Except, true to his flip-flopping self, he criticized the Obamas when Michelle didn't wear one when they went over to SA.

As for the bowing, it shouldn't be surprising. He loves and reveres autocrats, his idols.

Ordinarily it wouldn't be any big deal, but given the right made such a huge noise about it with Obama, so naturally it has come back to bite them.

BobPatterson

Sun May 21, 2017 4:51 am

Mr. Trump did not "bow". He did lean forward to make it easier for the necklace to be placed over his head.

There is no little amount of hypocrisy here by Trump haters.

I don't like the guy, but that doesn't require me to be a liar.

salttee

Sun May 21, 2017 6:24 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Mr. Trump did not "bow". He did lean forward to make it easier for the necklace to be placed over his head.

And after the necklace was on he curtsied, aka bowed.

It's on widely distributed video, you can't deny it.

CPD of course the only point in mentioning it is the hypocrisy factor. It is merely a bit of protocol, required in another culture.
Trump was one of the assholes slandering Obama for behaving like a cultured gentleman in a foreign land, along with the birther crap.

Sun May 21, 2017 7:01 am

BobPatterson wrote:

Go and have a look at the video of the event, it's very clear to see. He certainly does bow forward and does curtsey as well.

And then you can retract the liar comment as well. I mean I just pointed out what was on video, I'm not going and making a TV advert about it.

kimimm19

Sun May 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Perhaps 8 years of Trump and the downfall of America is necessary to never have conservatives elected into office and bring about the emergence of new parties. This dealing in absolute is terrible.

BobPatterson

Sun May 21, 2017 7:42 pm

salttee wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

And after the necklace was on he curtsied, aka bowed.

It's on widely distributed video, you can't deny it.

I saw the same video, viewed it a number of times, and I do deny it. He stooped and leaned forward to make it easier for the king to slip the necklace over his head.

I'm not crippled, but if I had stooped/leaned in the manner that Mr. Trump did, I would have needed assistance in regaining an upright stance.

Some people see what they want to see rather than what actually happened. You'd be a poor witness in court.

Your bias is overwhelming your common sense.

BobPatterson

Sun May 21, 2017 7:46 pm

cpd wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Go and have a look at the video of the event, it's very clear to see. He certainly does bow forward and does curtsey as well.

And then you can retract the liar comment as well. I mean I just pointed out what was on video, I'm not going and making a TV advert about it.

My use of the word "liar" needs no retraction.

I will now add to it...."or be blind to the evidence".

Dutchy

Mon May 22, 2017 10:08 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26JxsU7QZ58

Four rough years ahead for America.

BobPatterson

Mon May 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Is there really any sense in posting stuff that requires subscribing or signing in?

{u]"Content Warning

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in."[/u]

Is this some sort of underground network? Are you a secret subversive agent?

PVJIN, please comment when you return from sabbatical.

Dutchy

Mon May 22, 2017 8:50 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Is there really any sense in posting stuff that requires subscribing or signing in?

{u]"Content Warning

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in."[/u]

Gee Bob, really.

But here you go, the official video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFdsl29s_Q

bmacleod

Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Either he will be removed from office long before then or he will suspend the Constitution to make sure there is no other president after him.

Suspend the Constitution? How?

He will find a way. He has "great respect" for despots and dictators. He will find a way. And his base will simply say "oh, well... nothing to see here. He is president, so he can do what he wants." That is the messed up part.

If that isn't a surefire ground for impeachment and forced resignation; I don't know what is.

I posted a link last year what would happen if Trump won the election. His connections to Russia and all....just add 20 years to 1997.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZy6SDrdyOM

pvjin

Thu May 25, 2017 1:06 pm

BobPatterson wrote:

I believe it might be a video belonging to the pro-EU propaganda machine. Just like Russia has professional trolls/propagandists so does the EU. Perhaps they use those hidden private videos for beta testing purposes, so they may improve them before the very final public release.

seb146

Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm

He said he would divest from his companies. That was a lie. He said he would cut ties to foreign governments. That was a lie.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-organi ... 43009.html

But, let's hear the excuses as to why this is such a good thing or non story or fake news.....

Dutchy

Thu May 25, 2017 3:15 pm

pvjin wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

I believe it might be a video belonging to the pro-EU propaganda machine. Just like Russia has professional trolls/propagandists so does the EU. Perhaps they use those hidden private videos for beta testing purposes, so they may improve them before the very final public release.

haha, lol.

WarRI1

Thu May 25, 2017 7:54 pm

[quote="seb146"]He said he would divest from his companies. That was a lie. He said he would cut ties to foreign governments

One might conclude that he is a liar and of that there is no doubt. :liar:

seb146

Fri May 26, 2017 4:54 am

BobPatterson wrote:
cpd wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

My use of the word "liar" needs no retraction.

I will now add to it...."or be blind to the evidence".

He bowed, he curtsied, he did not use the term "Muslim extremist" or "Muslim terrorist" and the right stays silent. The same people who were outraged and demanded nothing less than an apology for the last president who did not bow or curtsy and did not use the terms "Muslim extremist" or "Muslim terrorist." So, righties: where is the outrage? Why are you not demanding apologies and calling this guy the worst president ever for not saying "Muslim terrorist" and "Muslim extremist" and bowing and curtsying?

BobPatterson

Sat May 27, 2017 4:36 am

seb146 wrote:
He bowed, he curtsied, he did not use the term "Muslim extremist" or "Muslim terrorist" and the right stays silent. The same people who were outraged and demanded nothing less than an apology for the last president who did not bow or curtsy and did not use the terms "Muslim extremist" or "Muslim terrorist." So, righties: where is the outrage? Why are you not demanding apologies and calling this guy the worst president ever for not saying "Muslim terrorist" and "Muslim extremist" and bowing and curtsying?

I have frequently in this forum stated that I find Mr.Trump terrible and an embarrassment to the United States. I have also suggested, probably as early as anyone, that he is on a road to being impeached and kicked out of office (unless he resigns first). I might end up being wrong about that.

Despite my gross dislike for the man, I refuse to lose my sense of fairness and to become blind to reality.

When receiving the gold necklace from the king of Saudi Arabia, Mr. Trump clearly stooped low enough for the king to be able to place the necklace over his head. He also leaned forward awkwardly in doing so, and he afterward nearly lost his balance while returning to an upright position.

He did not bow. He did not curtsy. Only a politically biased idiot or someone with poor vision can claim otherwise.

It is interesting to note that both the Washington Post and the New York Times (print editions) gave fairly extensive coverage to the President's stay in Saudi Arabia. These two newspapers would take great delight in reporting anything unusual, untoward, or detrimental in Mr. Trump's behavior.

Because there was so little to report about this ceremony they wrote little about it. To those two newspapers it wasn't even worth a photograph. There was absolutely not one word or suggestion about bowing and curtsying, and the reason was that it didn't happen.

Yes, some so-called news outlets attempted to pass this off as bowing and curtsying. In fact, there was a short blurb on the Washington Post online website (which fails to uphold the journalistic standards of the print edition) about this.

It is all a bunch of nonsense.

seb146

Sat May 27, 2017 6:09 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I have frequently in this forum stated that I find Mr.Trump terrible and an embarrassment to the United States. I have also suggested, probably as early as anyone, that he is on a road to being impeached and kicked out of office (unless he resigns first). I might end up being wrong about that.

Despite my gross dislike for the man, I refuse to lose my sense of fairness and to become blind to reality.

When receiving the gold necklace from the king of Saudi Arabia, Mr. Trump clearly stooped low enough for the king to be able to place the necklace over his head. He also leaned forward awkwardly in doing so, and he afterward nearly lost his balance while returning to an upright position.

He did not bow. He did not curtsy. Only a politically biased idiot or someone with poor vision can claim otherwise.

It is interesting to note that both the Washington Post and the New York Times (print editions) gave fairly extensive coverage to the President's stay in Saudi Arabia. These two newspapers would take great delight in reporting anything unusual, untoward, or detrimental in Mr. Trump's behavior.

Because there was so little to report about this ceremony they wrote little about it. To those two newspapers it wasn't even worth a photograph. There was absolutely not one word or suggestion about bowing and curtsying, and the reason was that it didn't happen.

Yes, some so-called news outlets attempted to pass this off as bowing and curtsying. In fact, there was a short blurb on the Washington Post online website (which fails to uphold the journalistic standards of the print edition) about this.

Explain, then, why Obama did even less and there was at least twice the outrage? If this was such a non-event, why did the right spend so much time crying about it under the previous administration? What's good for the goose, as the saying goes...

BobPatterson

Sat May 27, 2017 8:13 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Explain, then, why Obama did even less and there was at least twice the outrage? If this was such a non-event, why did the right spend so much time crying about it under the previous administration? What's good for the goose, as the saying goes...

You are just being a silly goose. You gander at an unadulterated video depicting a real event and you see what you (and your flock of equally silly geese) wish to see.

When you are confronted by reality you nevertheless run around like Henny Penny, a somewhat related species of foul fowl, and insist that, truly, the sky is falling. SQUAWK!

Rightly judging what happened at THIS event is in no way dependent upon what might have happened at some other event years ago, involving different persons. Whether or not Thomas Jefferson ever bowed to a king of France has nothing to do with what Mr. Trump did or didn't do.

For what it's worth, I did Google up the Obama "bowing" event and watched one video in which Mr. Obama does appear to be "bowing" rather deeply while stretching forward and shaking the hand of the king.

Do people in the act of "bowing" (an act of obeisance) touch the august body or grasp the person to who homage is being paid?

See what you want to see and squawk what you want to squawk.. The sky is NOT falling.

jbpdx

Mon May 29, 2017 3:17 am

Stupidest topic line I've seen online in years.

salttee

Mon May 29, 2017 4:25 am

BobPatterson wrote:
I have frequently in this forum stated that I find Mr.Trump terrible and an embarrassment to the United States.
You keep repeating this, yet in between making this claim, your defense of Trump and his policies could only be equaled by Sean Spicer.

BobPatterson wrote:
He did not bow. He did not curtsy.
At 2:09 in this video clip Trump curtsies after the gold necklace has been placed around his neck. There is not a hint of him being off balance at any time in the video. There was no awkwardness to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEL9N9UXNqA

BobPatterson wrote:
The thing that only the Trumpistas don't understand is there is nothing negative to be reported about a person bowing before the King Of Saudi Arabia in his own palace while receiving a gift from him; the same would be done before the Queen of England. It's expected, it's protocol; to not do it would be an insult. The only thing of significance about this episode is that it provides a graphic display of Trump's hypocrisy. Trump was one of the people slandering Barrack Obama for following protocol in a foreign country.

Your claim that he didn't curtsie, places you in the same category with those who slandered Barrack Obama for doing the same thing, aka being a neanderthal. Are you a birther too?

jbpdx wrote:
Stupidest topic line I've seen online in years.
Did you say the same thing back when Barrack Obama was being accused of being a subservient nigger?

BobPatterson

Mon May 29, 2017 6:56 am

salttee wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
I have frequently in this forum stated that I find Mr.Trump terrible and an embarrassment to the United States.

You keep repeating this, yet in between making this claim, your defense of Trump and his policies could only be equaled by Sean Spicer.

You must be out of your mind. Other than the pipeline permits, which of Mr. Trump's policies have I defended. Please be precise in quoting me.

salttee wrote:
Your claim that he didn't curtsie, places you in the same category with those who slandered Barrack Obama for doing the same thing, aka being a neanderthal. Are you a birther too?

No, I am not now nor have I ever been, a "birther".

However, with respect to Neanderthals, I must reply by paraphrasing Professor Huxley when he replied to Bishop Wilberforce:

I would much rather acknowledge my cousinship with Neanderthals than in any way admitting being related to you.

salttee

Mon May 29, 2017 4:36 pm

I note that you now accept the video evidence that Trump curtsied.

BobPatterson

Mon May 29, 2017 8:25 pm

salttee wrote:
I note that you now accept the video evidence that Trump curtsied.

You are quite insane. I hope it is only temporary.

bmacleod

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Last POTUS to be elected mid-decade was Jimmy Carter in 1976. Many thought he would win again in 1980.

If Democrats can find their Ronald Reagan perhaps Senator Elizabeth Warren (who in 2020 will around same age as Reagan in 1980) Trump is out for sure - if he survives impeachment before 2020.

AAPilot

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 pm

727LOVER wrote:
I actually agree with this assessment/ If you go back since 1952, there has basically been a consistent pattern of people wanting to give an administration 8 years.

I believe another factor will be what happens in the 2018 mid-terms. If they Dems win, I believe there would be more chance that Trump would be re-elected.

Also, another big factor is the economy. A recession or at the very least, minimal growth, in late 2018 into most of 2019 could spell doom.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... d573dac1f3

The democrats have been "resisting" and marching. Their liberal women have been marching around like a herd of cows and pigs funded by soros linked groups to try and create the "movement" like the tea party. Well so far it's failed. They have not won one special election and in fact have lost seats in Nebraska and Wisconsin.

Remember in 2008 the gop was even able to flip a senate seat in ultra marxist Mass.

AAPilot

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:53 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
Also, another big factor is the economy. A recession or at the very least, minimal growth, in late 2018 into most of 2019 could spell doom.

I won't predict in terms of percentage of chances, but I strongly suspect that Republicans will pay heavily in the 2018 mid-term elections, and that President Trump is likely to be impeached and found guilty (or to have resigned) prior to the 2020 presidential election.

Trump won't be impeached.

What could he be impeached on? You're believing the liberal hysteria and conspiracy theories that have no evidence of even a crime being committed.

AAPilot

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Ken777 wrote:
Trump has 4 years to deliver on his promises and then I think he will be out. Who really believes that he can deliver a "better" system of health care at "lower prices"? Especially after wanting to jerk almost a Trillion dollars out of health care to give the super rich a big tax break?

Of course there is a need to get through all of the investigations and he is doing a pretty bad job of that. Impeachment, while a long way off, is being discussed these days without any real surprise.

Trump has already delivered on many of his campaign promises. only 3% of his voters regret voting for him.

Only reason impeachment is being discussed is you have a group of unhinged liberals that are creating these unfounded conspiracy theories to try and give their dying party hope.

AAPilot

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm

seb146 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:
I voted for Trump. It was basically a matter of who I felt I could trust more. I think it's way too early to say if he'll be elected in 2020. I think we'll have a real indication after the midterm elections. You already have some who say he should be impeached (but then again, there were those saying that right after he finished the oath of office). SO FAR, I am not overly encouraged with what I see just with domestic policies, and I'm talking about the flooding in the Carolinas. But even with that, I'm not ready to write him off, or even speculate who's going to run in 2020.

He's been in office less than four months, and doesn't even have a full cabinet. I'm willing to give him a chance, and yes...if Hillary had won, I'd be willing to give her a chance - not that we have much of a choice.

Marc

And that he has been threatening or firing people who do not agree with him is of no concern to you?

I actually hope he does, we need to clear out the government of these Obama and Clinton lackeys.

WarRI1

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:31 am

AAPilot wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
Trump has 4 years to deliver on his promises and then I think he will be out. Who really believes that he can deliver a "better" system of health care at "lower prices"? Especially after wanting to jerk almost a Trillion dollars out of health care to give the super rich a big tax break?

Of course there is a need to get through all of the investigations and he is doing a pretty bad job of that. Impeachment, while a long way off, is being discussed these days without any real surprise.

Trump has already delivered on many of his campaign promises. only 3% of his voters regret voting for him.

And that is sad, he has become a caricature and the folks who were fooled are still in denial, let us see in four years if he is able to stay that long. th emid terms might give us an indication also. I would have to say he has lost the coal miners vote already.

Only reason impeachment is being discussed is you have a group of unhinged liberals that are creating these unfounded conspiracy theories to try and give their dying party hope.

Never say never, frankly I hope he is not impeached, we have enough madness already. Time to think of the US as a whole, not just for the wealthy and educated. A sad state of affairs for the US with our politics and politicians being corrupt.

Francoflier

Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:32 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Never say never, frankly I hope he is not impeached, we have enough madness already. Time to think of the US as a whole, not just for the wealthy and educated. A sad state of affairs for the US with our politics and politicians being corrupt.

I'm afraid the root of the problem for the US lies in the electorate. The beauty and the danger of democracy is that a country gets the government it deserves.
When so much of the electorate looks at Trump, at what he does, hear the things he says and still believe that this man is not only fit to preside, but doing a decent job, then the problem is that these people have abandoned any degree of reason, human decency, pragmatism and completely lost the will to look at facts and observations.

What the man says is now gospel to some, no matter how wrong he is repeatedly proven... His actions are welcomed like miracles from the prophet himself, no matter how much experts and those competent in the relevant field say otherwise. What you have here is not a government, it's almost a cult: "Don't listen to anyone else, only I know the truth"...

So, I agree. Pence wouldn't be any better than Trump. He is a much more intelligent man, but his intentions are only to further the hard lined Republican agenda of helping the rich and impose religious social values on everyone else. It would be a breath of fresh air to have a president who's not only interested in his own massive ego and his own money and who would be more mentally stable, but the result for America at large would be equally as damaging.

There is still a large proportion of decent and intelligent people in the US, but their voices have been drowned out by the overriding loud delirium coming from the backwards areas of the country.

The crazies have taken over the wheel, and everyone is along for the ride. I personally don't think the US has ever had such a bad president/government. Seeing how Trump manages to somehow maintain his popularity through his propaganda despite all the evidences mounting against him, there is no indication that this was a mistake...

As his predecessor Bush Jr famously couldn't say: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

Here's to hoping the moron doesn't start a global war when he inevitably enters a paranoid rage as things start crumbling around him.
Talk about lowered expectations.... :sigh:

salttee

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Francoflier has it right, I couldn't have said it better.

bgm

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:46 pm

AAPilot wrote:
Trump has already delivered on many of his campaign promises.

Umm, nope, he definitely hasn't.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... rumpometer

p.s. You may want to read post #140. ;)

aviationaware

Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:15 pm

bgm wrote:
AAPilot wrote:

So to prove he hasn't delivered you post a link that proves he has delivered on many more than he has broken. Did you even click that link before posting it here?

bgm

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:26 pm

aviationaware wrote:
bgm wrote:
AAPilot wrote:

So to prove he hasn't delivered you post a link that proves he has delivered on many more than he has broken. Did you even click that link before posting it here?

Do you know what stalled means? It certainly doesn't mean he's delivered.

Let me make it easy for you:

Green = delivered
Everything else = not yet delivered. (stalled/broken/etc).

aviationaware

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Let me put it so even you understand it:

Red = not delivered
Everything else = delivered or standing the chance of being delivered yet.

WarRI1

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:31 am

Francoflier wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I'm afraid the root of the problem for the US lies in the electorate. The beauty and the danger of democracy is that a country gets the government it deserves.
When so much of the electorate looks at Trump, at what he does, hear the things he says and still believe that this man is not only fit to preside, but doing a decent job, then the problem is that these people have abandoned any degree of reason, human decency, pragmatism and completely lost the will to look at facts and observations.

What the man says is now gospel to some, no matter how wrong he is repeatedly proven... His actions are welcomed like miracles from the prophet himself, no matter how much experts and those competent in the relevant field say otherwise. What you have here is not a government, it's almost a cult: "Don't listen to anyone else, only I know the truth"...

So, I agree. Pence wouldn't be any better than Trump. He is a much more intelligent man, but his intentions are only to further the hard lined Republican agenda of helping the rich and impose religious social values on everyone else. It would be a breath of fresh air to have a president who's not only interested in his own massive ego and his own money and who would be more mentally stable, but the result for America at large would be equally as damaging.

There is still a large proportion of decent and intelligent people in the US, but their voices have been drowned out by the overriding loud delirium coming from the backwards areas of the country.

The crazies have taken over the wheel, and everyone is along for the ride. I personally don't think the US has ever had such a bad president/government. Seeing how Trump manages to somehow maintain his popularity through his propaganda despite all the evidences mounting against him, there is no indication that this was a mistake...

As his predecessor Bush Jr famously couldn't say: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

Here's to hoping the moron doesn't start a global war when he inevitably enters a paranoid rage as things start crumbling around him.
Talk about lowered expectations.... :sigh:

I have to agree, we are to blame and he is a Moron little rich kid used to getting his own way.

bmacleod

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Now David Gergen is saying Trump might get re-elected....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/21/politics/david-gergen-donald-trump-victory-lap-rally-erin-burnett-outfront-cnntv/index.html

Economists are predicting another significant downturn in 2019...whether that can play into Democrats advantage like the big crash of 2008 remains to be seen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/12/07/trump-set-force-us-boom-bust-recession-2019-says-lg

AlexAmsterdam

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:09 pm

It's a bit early to speculate. A lot will happen until 2020. Better to focus on what's going on right now, outside of the political capitals.

bmacleod

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Forget re-election, for Trump just winning the nomination again is going to be like climbing Mt. Everest.

Also - history is not kind to POTUS's elected on November 8.

JFK - Nov 8 1960 - assassinated.

George H W Bush (41) - Nov 8 1988 - defeated by Bill Clinton.

Merely its just coincidence but Trump's electoral margin is closest to JFK which might make historians very worried/nervous....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1960

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016

spencer32

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Trump won't make it to 2020. Behind the scenes the words 'make it look like an unfortunate accident' have probably already been uttered.