Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WarRI1

Re: Trump likely to be re-elected in 2020

Wed May 17, 2017 2:59 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

They are having a slow start for sure on that slogan. :banghead:

Actually, that's the front of a t-shirt that's selling well over at InfoWars.com :checkmark:

That I can understand, I am talking about real accomplishments for the American people such as heathcare and jobs.

DIRECTFLT

Wed May 17, 2017 4:03 am

WarRI1 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

They are having a slow start for sure on that slogan. :banghead:

Actually, that's the front of a t-shirt that's selling well over at InfoWars.com :checkmark:

That I can understand, I am talking about real accomplishments for the American people such as heathcare and jobs.

Trying to "fix" healthcare, is about as easy as auditing the Defense Dept., which I don't think has ever been done.

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 5:30 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Trying to "fix" healthcare, is about as easy as auditing the Defense Dept., which I don't think has ever been done.

Well, the guy currently occupying the White House said it is easy and it is going to be great. He has to be held to that, because everybody with an about average amount of brain cells and a minimum of Education knew that health care is hard.

The rest was just "Uh, i can get a tax cut? What do i care how many US citizens have to die for it".

best regards
Thomass

aerosreenivas

Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 am

Trump's speech made on October 17th last year as he said in his own words, I quote, "It is time to drain the swamp in Washington DC".

At the moment, Trump seems to be draining himself out of his Presidency.

treetreeseven

Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 am

On the actual thread topic, I think Trump has no shot in 2020. It's not gonna happen. I also think there will be a 2018 Dem sweep in Congress, and they won't even take off their jackets before getting the impeachment ball rolling if it isn't already.

I'd give very good odds that Trump will depart office one way or another by mid-late 2019. He isn't even six months in. He is fundamentally not capable of avoiding running afoul of the law, as we have seen and will see again.

I wonder what a Bernie administration would have been like. The career DNC hacks and the Clintonistas, intent on their coronation, were so concerned about his potential for disruption! :bored:

Dutchy

Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 am

treetreeseven wrote:
On the actual thread topic, I think Trump has no shot in 2020. It's not gonna happen. I also think there will be a 2018 Dem sweep in Congress, and they won't even take off their jackets before getting the impeachment ball rolling if it isn't already.

Because of the mid-term elections, I think Trump might get impeached in spring-mid 2018. Why would republicans continue to support this president? A president whom isn't capable to understand basic politics or basic principles of the law. He is incapable of going one week without shooting himself in the foot. He is incapable of going one week without causing controversy or causing another incident. The impeachment list long, so very very long. From day1 he is breaking the law by getting himself sworn in: the Washington hotel, he can't be representing both sides of the lease, explicitly forbidden in lease contract. There you go............. US Congress do your job! ;)

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Ah yes, just to grab any chance to have a go at Moslims, well done. And indeed you can't be denied any, shell we say, moral flexibility, grabbing this subject and linking Trump and defending women's rights.

I had a go at rapists and those who defend them, I'm deeply disgusted by the way you are linking Muslims and rape together.

BobPatterson wrote:
Are you suggesting that a rapist is dissuaded from raping merely by granting him asylum?

Seems to me that kind of thinking should earn one space in an asylum of some sort.

Nah, in fact I believe they would also rape if they got their asylum application accepted. But as long as they had pending asylum applications they had a motivation to try behave at least somewhat decently.

LMP737 wrote:
Here's the thing, Americans have more to fear from their fellow Americans than immigrants.

Weird, our statistics show exact opposite as far as criminality of different demographic groups go.

330west

Wed May 17, 2017 1:46 pm

pvjin wrote:
Weird, our statistics show exact opposite as far as criminality of different demographic groups go.

We all know what your agenda is.

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 pm

330west wrote:
pvjin wrote:

My agenda doesn't matter, facts do and my statements are based on them. I'm a voice of reason in this post-truth era where increasingly many people place their personal subjective feelings over science and statistics.

sebolino

Wed May 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Let's change the title.

"Trump likely not going to the end of his term."

Actually it has been predicted from day 1 that the clown won't finish his presidency. I'm personally not so sure because it looks very difficult to impeach a president, but this guy is so special and unpredictable that it's really possible. A dozen new blunders and maybe he will be kicked out.

LMP737

Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm

pvjin wrote:

What statistics show is happening in your country is not my concern.

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 4:05 pm

LMP737 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

What statistics show is happening in your country is not my concern.

Sure, but what is happening here might also happen in your country if you decide to take a similar approach to refugee crisis.

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 4:18 pm

330west wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Well, and we know he made up numbers to support his argument before, when he was talking about Sweden..so there is only reason to expect him to pick his data more careful, but it is perfectly clear that he has zero interest in facts. At least no more than "fair and balanced" Fox news...

pvjin wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Are you suggesting that a rapist is dissuaded from raping merely by granting him asylum?

Seems to me that kind of thinking should earn one space in an asylum of some sort.

Nah, in fact I believe they would also rape if they got their asylum application accepted. But as long as they had pending asylum applications they had a motivation to try behave at least somewhat decently.

Oh, you mean how hard and long prison time keeps people law-abiding? Aside from, well,.that it doesn't. ..

Best regards
Thomas

330west

Wed May 17, 2017 4:47 pm

He even used his commencement address at the Coast Guard Academy as an excuse to whine about the way the media has treated him.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/ ... rd-speech/

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 4:54 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Well, and we know he made up numbers to support his argument before, when he was talking about Sweden..so there is only reason to expect him to pick his data more careful, but it is perfectly clear that he has zero interest in facts. At least no more than "fair and balanced" Fox news...

The data which proves huge rise in rape and sexual harassment in Finland was created by the Finnish police academy, and released by Helsingin Sanomat, this country's most trusted news website. Here's the article:

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005206976.html

Another report, "Reported rapes committed by foreigners increased by 40%":

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005062854.html

I'm not making up numbers, I'm simply telling the truth. I never made up any numbers when I was talking about Sweden either. I have full interest in facts, you clearly don't.

tommy1808 wrote:
Oh, you mean how hard and long prison time keeps people law-abiding? Aside from, well,.that it doesn't. ..

Long prison time keeps criminals away from ordinary law abiding citizen, and that's its main function. Obviously it won't turn the criminals into law abiding citizen, but as far as Iraqi rapists go I think they are a lost case anyway.

LMP737

Wed May 17, 2017 5:04 pm

pvjin wrote:

Sure, but what is happening here might also happen in your country if you decide to take a similar approach to refugee crisis.

You are aware that most of the people in the United States are the result of someone one fleeing, for whatever reason, from another country?

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 5:09 pm

LMP737 wrote:
You are aware that most of the people in the United States are the result of someone one fleeing, for whatever reason, from another country?

Sure I am. I'm also aware of the problems this has created as there's quite a bit of tension between certain ethnic groups in your country.

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 5:15 pm

pvjin wrote:
Another report, "Reported rapes committed by foreigners increased by 40%":

*Reported* rapes increased by 40%....
We have People of your kind making up rape stories here all the time too, you know... Police actually starts going after people reporting made up rapes by refugees. From the stories circulating about it on Facebook, zero had any merrit... Not a single one.

I'm not making up numbers, I'm simply telling the truth. I never made up any numbers

Of course you did. You kept talking about explodding rape cases, when the fact was the line barely twitched. ..

Long prison time keeps criminals away from ordinary law abiding citizen, and that's its main function.

The year 1900 called and wants your outdated and socially damaging philosophy about the *correction* system back and Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria is laughing at you from his grave, being that much smarter than you in the 1760s...

Best regards
Thomas

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
*Reported* rapes increased by 40%....
Wenn habe People of your kind making up rape stories here all the time too, you know... Police actually starts going after people reporting rapes by refugees.

Aha, perhaps that explains why your rape statistics differ from ours. Instead of pursuing rapists German police goes after the victims in true Sharia fashion! How progressive.

A quote from the news article:

Many policemen and investigators interviewed by HS.fi say that the high rate of sexual crimes among Iraqis is heavily influenced by the circumstances in Iraq.

Iraq has been a war zone for a long time, and the young men coming from there have grown in the middle of violence. Some of them have also participated in the battles themselves.

Many have broken families, and in Finland social control of the Iraqi community and the family is lacking.

In addition, according to a number of experts the crime rate is also influenced by different ideas of women's rights.

What do the Iraqis think themselves? Also Iraqi interviewed by HS highlighted cultural differences.

The Iraqi woman working for Finnish refugee assistance estimates that the situation is greatly affected by the weak position of women in Iraq.

According to her, in Iraq children are raisedto the fact that boys and men have completely different rights than girls and women. Women and men, in her view, are not equal in Iraq even before the law.

"Men are growing in this culture and they think they have the same rights here," she says.

She also notes, that during the war a very large number of women have been raped in Iraq, and the situation has gotten any better with rise of ISIS.

An Iraqi man tells he knows many Iraqi men and women who think woman can't say no to sex in marriage.

He also estimates that Iraqi men may interpret behaviour of Finnish women wrongly for many reasons.

Iraq has no dating culture, so men might not know how to behave during a date, and read correctly what women mean with their behaviour. Iraqi men also aren't used to seeing women drunk, which can cause misunderstandings.

Another Iraqi man says that some of the asylum seekers originally came to Finland simply for a short vacation, and they had no intent whatsoever to integrate to Finnish society and its rules.

Should I believe the Finnish police forces, experts and Iraqis themselves, or a far left liberal from Germany? Not a difficult choice for me.

tommy1808 wrote:
Of course you did. You kept talking about explodding rape cases, when the fact was the line barely twitched. ..

No, you simply chose to misunderstand what I was talking about. I never claimed exploding amount of rape cases in Sweden as a result of newest refugee crisis, they've imported so many rapists over the past decades that the latest invasion would hardly cause that much of an impact there. What I was talking about were the long term trends.

tommy1808 wrote:
The year 1900 called and wants your outdated and socially damaging philosophy about the *correction* system back and Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria is laughing at you from his grave, being that much smarter than you in the 1760s...

In the 1760's there were no social welfare or masses of "refugees" invading Europe with no intent to ever integrate. Thoughts from that era are utterly irrelevant nowadays, things have changed.

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 5:45 pm

pvjin wrote:
Instead of pursuing rapists German police goes after the victims in true Sharia fashion! How progressive.

I have no problem to see why you have no problem with made up crimes that never happened and don't think they should be procecuted as long as those made up crimes fit your prejudices.
As far as crime statistics go, counting actual crimes that did happen is in deed a vast improvement over your favorite "guilty, until proven innocent".

A quote from the news article:

Many policemen and investigators interviewed by HS.fi say that the high rate of sexual crimes among Iraqis is heavily influenced by the circumstances in Iraq.

Since you made up numbers before, there is no reason to assume this isn't just a highly selected quote, ripped out of context, Trump/FOX news style.

Should I believe the Finnish police forces, experts and Iraqis themselves, or a far left liberal from Germany? Not a difficult choice for me.

Oh, certainly the police. But since you lied before about that kind of stuff, there just is no reason to believe that is what the police is saying.

No, you simply chose to misunderstand what I was talking about. I never claimed exploding amount of rape cases in Sweden as a result of newest refugee crisis, they've imported so many rapists over the past decades that the latest invasion would hardly cause that much of an impact there. What I was talking about were the long term trends.

A long term effect that somehow isn't phased by a vast import of your main-rapists. Keeping on drumming the same lie doesn't make it true.

In the 1760's there were no social welfare or masses of "refugees" invading Europe with no intent to ever integrate. Thoughts from that era are utterly irrelevant nowadays, things have changed.
[/quote]

Yes. Today we know he was not just a progrestive thinker, but also that he was right. And if your cared about facts, which you demonstrably do not, you would know that.
But since this is of topic and there is no point to argue with liars anyways.....

Best regards
Thomas

LMP737

Wed May 17, 2017 5:46 pm

pvjin wrote:
Sure I am. I'm also aware of the problems this has created as there's quite a bit of tension between certain ethnic groups in your country.

Please elaborate.

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 6:00 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Oh, certainly the police. But since you lied before about that kind of stuff, there just is no reason to believe that is what the police is saying.

As I said I never lied, you are the one lying here. Anyway it's 2017, you can use Google Translate to get a good idea of what the page is saying.

tommy1808 wrote:
Since you made up numbers before, there is no reason to assume this isn't just a highly selected quote, ripped out of context, Trump/FOX news style.

It's Helsingin Sanomat, the most respected newspaper in Finland. Comparing them to FOX news shows you don't know a single thing about my country even though you continue to act as if you were an expert of what's going on here.

tommy1808 wrote:
But since this is of topic and there is no point to argue with liars anyways.....

And this I agree with, no point arguing with somebody who has to lie to support his twisted fairytale world view where cultural differences do not exist and women's rights are respected equally much everywhere.

LMP737 wrote:
Please elaborate.

Mainly Black Lives Matter and other racial tension caused by deep demographic inequality in the American society.

LMP737

Wed May 17, 2017 6:12 pm

pvjin wrote:
Mainly Black Lives Matter and other racial tension caused by deep demographic inequality in the American society.

That has nothing to do with immigration and or refugees.

Dutchy

Wed May 17, 2017 6:17 pm

pvjin wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Ah yes, just to grab any chance to have a go at Moslims, well done. And indeed you can't be denied any, shell we say, moral flexibility, grabbing this subject and linking Trump and defending women's rights.

I had a go at rapists and those who defend them, I'm deeply disgusted by the way you are linking Muslims and rape together.

Ah yes, black is white and white is black. I am done with you, not going to react to you anymore.

pvjin wrote:
I'm not making up numbers, I'm simply telling the truth. I never made up any numbers when I was talking about Sweden either. I have full interest in facts, you clearly don't.

You are telling what you believe to be the truth, not a universal truth. You are spinning numbers to suit your xenophobe agenda. You are only interested in facts that suit you. And that's why I am not going to react to you anymore. Only your big mouth is the result, not an exchange of ideas or you show any respect. You think you know the truth, you think you know the absolute truth, well buddy, hate to be the one to tell you, but you don't. Go and learn your history lesson, hopefully, you learn one thing or two, because you have shown that you don't understand the first thing about it.

Good luck with your continued rant of the Muslim world, good luck with your continued admiring of the Russian autocrat and mega corruption artist, good luck with pissing all over the culture and human rights you enjoy. I am done, you won this, I have nothing to add. I am not going to react yo you anymore.
Last edited by Dutchy on Wed May 17, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 6:17 pm

LMP737 wrote:
That has nothing to do with immigration and or refugees.

It has, the problem wouldn't exist if nobody ever emigrated to Americas after its original inhabitants arrived there from Asia.

LMP737

Wed May 17, 2017 6:19 pm

pvjin wrote:

It has, the problem wouldn't exist if nobody ever emigrated to Americas after its original inhabitants arrived there from Asia.

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?

pvjin

Wed May 17, 2017 6:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Only your big mouth is the result, not an exchange of ideas or you show any respect.

You don't want to exchange ideas, you've already made up your mind. That's what is common with all of your European liberals, you absolutely refuse to listen to any information that conflicts with your world view. No matter how many facts I present you about problems with migration you deny them all. This is the "post-truth" world we live in.

Anyway, I've enjoyed these discussions. You people have convinced me that the West indeed has no hope left, and in fact Western cultures and societies deserve their demise. In the end conservatism will win and Europe will once again be populated by people who respect their own culture, laws and traditions, this time they are simply Muslim instead of Christian.

PS. I've never really ranted about Muslims and Muslim world, but Western world and its weakness. I have utmost respect for Muslims and Islamic world, for they resist the degeneracy which has taken over most of the West. They are strong, and I like strong people.

LMP737 wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+write+good+arguments%3F
Last edited by pvjin on Wed May 17, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LMP737

Wed May 17, 2017 6:33 pm

pvjin wrote:

Thank you for proving my point.

treetreeseven

Thu May 18, 2017 12:37 am

In after everyone feeds the troll :bored:

Braniff1

Thu May 18, 2017 1:10 am

LittleFokker wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Quick question: Does he really want to be re-elected? As I see him, he always wants to become something, not be something. By 2020 he`s probably bored by the whole circus and just wants to leave DC. And he will be 74 by then.

He doesn't want to be President now, it's obvious based on all the leaks of his (lack of) work ethic. However, his fragile little ego couldn't handle being labelled a quitter.

I sometimes can't tell if he really is a megalomaniac dictator wannabe with evil in his heart or just a cocky rich asshole who wants to stir the pot and not have any negative consequences for doing so. Whichever is more true, he is still entirely unfit for the office and a hazard for national security.

The megalomaniac for certain, the King who has a Baron waiting in the wings. Also, the asshole without question. He is the most pathetic person to ever attain a position of public trust and be such a complete and utter POS. The bastard is crazy and is following Heir Hitlers guide for leadership. He wants the FBI, CIA, ICE et al, to be his personal Nazi SS. We live in a sad country today.

WarRI1

Thu May 18, 2017 1:42 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yet as Trump said when talking to the Australian PM, they have and many others in the civilized world. Not us though, too much corruption here to do it. The wealthy are getting too much wealth from our for profit system to reform just as in the defense industry as you say.

Braniff1

Thu May 18, 2017 2:38 am

[quote="pvjin"]

PS. I've never really ranted about Muslims and Muslim world, but Western world and its weakness. I have utmost respect for Muslims and Islamic world, for they resist the degeneracy which has taken over most of the West. They are strong, and I like strong people.

Oh yes, the Muslim world, suppression of human rights, torture, murder and hatred against everyone different; where women are treated with less respect than a camel. It is easy to believe that you may be that fat crazy kid in your avatar. Obviously you are the greatest fool on the board. Your writing bespeaks what you really are; why do you hide behind a mental idiots face, put a real picture in that avatar. But then, I'm sure you're to embarrassed to show your face. No need to respond, classless clown.

BobPatterson

Thu May 18, 2017 2:58 am

pvjin wrote:
My agenda doesn't matter, facts do and my statements are based on them. I'm a voice of reason in this post-truth era where increasingly many people place their personal subjective feelings over science and statistics.

Your agenda does matter.

Please put Putin back as Avatar. The Ugly Clown does you no good. It makes you look silly.

pvjin

Thu May 18, 2017 5:35 am

Braniff1 wrote:
Oh yes, the Muslim world, suppression of human rights, torture, murder and hatred against everyone different; where women are treated with less respect than a camel. It is easy to believe that you may be that fat crazy kid in your avatar. Obviously you are the greatest fool on the board. Your writing bespeaks what you really are; why do you hide behind a mental idiots face, put a real picture in that avatar. But then, I'm sure you're to embarrassed to show your face. No need to respond, classless clown.

Again we can see another privileged white male making generalizations about Islamic world. What are you, British or American? In either case you are clearly a dumb asshole.

And don't tell me what avatar to use, you have none.

BobPatterson wrote:
Your agenda does matter.

Please put Putin back as Avatar. The Ugly Clown does you no good. It makes you look silly.

Naah, I'm getting seriously bored of fooling around in this forum with the quality of discussion going downhill year after year. All the funny guys are gone, mostly just hateful Atheist douchebags like Braniff left.

Revelation

Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 am

BobPatterson wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
Also, another big factor is the economy. A recession or at the very least, minimal growth, in late 2018 into most of 2019 could spell doom.

I won't predict in terms of percentage of chances, but I strongly suspect that Republicans will pay heavily in the 2018 mid-term elections, and that President Trump is likely to be impeached and found guilty (or to have resigned) prior to the 2020 presidential election.

He's not a young man. Just sayin'...

BobPatterson

Thu May 18, 2017 4:17 pm

pvjin wrote:
And don't tell me what avatar to use, you have none.

BobPatterson wrote:
Your agenda does matter.

Naah, I'm getting seriously bored of fooling around in this forum with the quality of discussion going downhill year after year. All the funny guys are gone, mostly just hateful Atheist douchebags like Braniff left.

Thanks for making the Avatar upgrade. Very nice.

Spend some time outdoors and watch the glorious rebirth of the surroundings. The mundane cares of the world seem less important, at least for a while.

Recharge your batteries.

Ken777

Thu May 18, 2017 8:19 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

The US system ignores the most basic issue in health care - intelligent funding, just like civilized countries have, Until we stop cost shifting (which requires federal funding for core health care for all) we will continue with our FUBARs and pay for more then we should be paying.

Sadly the insurance industry has the money to keep the politicians ignorant or alternatives. If you're not on Medicare all I can say is "get your checkbook out" - yet again.

Braniff1

Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 pm

pvjin wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Only your big mouth is the result, not an exchange of ideas or you show any respect.

You don't want to exchange ideas, you've already made up your mind. That's what is common with all of your European liberals, you absolutely refuse to listen to any information that conflicts with your world view. No matter how many facts I present you about problems with migration you deny them all. This is the "post-truth" world we live in.

Anyway, I've enjoyed these discussions. You people have convinced me that the West indeed has no hope left, and in fact Western cultures and societies deserve their demise. In the end conservatism will win and Europe will once again be populated by people who respect their own culture, laws and traditions, this time they are simply Muslim instead of Christian.

LMP737 wrote:

Just a question, why do any of you pander to this moron? It is all too obvious that he is bored with a pathetic life. He somehow believes he knows all the facts pertinent to all facets of human existence. I have rarely listen to or read of someone so out of touch with reality. His user-name is an astronumerology acronym so pumped full with self-serving reference that any weak person could apply it to their own shallow ego to feel better. This guy is a clown; so I ask again, why do any of you pander to this moron? .

BobPatterson

Fri May 19, 2017 12:16 am

Braniff1 wrote:
Just a question, why do any of you pander to this moron? It is all too obvious that he is bored with a pathetic life. He somehow believes he knows all the facts pertinent to all facets of human existence. I have rarely listen to or read of someone so out of touch with reality. His user-name is an astronumerology acronym so pumped full with self-serving reference that any weak person could apply it to their own shallow ego to feel better. This guy is a clown; so I ask again, why do any of you pander to this moron? .

You ended up quoting three people, so I'm guessing that you are referring to "pvjin".

If that is the person/poster that you mean, I find his posts to usually be interesting and sometimes even intriguing.

Plus, if you ask him nicely, he will change a funky avatar for you. Well, he did for me, I don't know if he will for you since you are not being nice.

I don't know anything about astronumerology. Is that something like "alternate science"?

Do you think earth was seeded by sperm from space?

salttee

Fri May 19, 2017 12:50 am

BobPatterson wrote:
I find his posts to usually be interesting and sometimes even intriguing.

Really?

You never noticed that they are always coated in a most juvenile form of arrogance and completely devoid of substance?
You must just like the sound of his hollow words.
Sort of like an Evangelical sermon I suppose.

I don't see why the site lets him post here, he fits every definition of a troll that I know.

DIRECTFLT

Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 am

BobPatterson

Fri May 19, 2017 2:13 am

salttee wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
I find his posts to usually be interesting and sometimes even intriguing.

Really?

You never noticed that they are always coated in a most juvenile form of arrogance and completely devoid of substance?
You must just like the sound of his hollow words.
Sort of like an Evangelical sermon I suppose.

I don't see why the site lets him post here, he fits every definition of a troll that I know.

Sometimes we need to look in a mirror.

Your recent "Times Square Incident" posting was utter nonsense. I suppose you thought it humorous.

For a truly humorous post, scroll down to MY post in that thread.

Look, this forum is of the type where we abide each other with great tolerance or we end up talking only to ourselves.

If you don't want to see our friend's posts, just unfriend him. Fi, FOE, fum and he's gone.

salttee

Fri May 19, 2017 3:05 am

BobPatterson wrote:

Wow! You tell a joke and then publicly make the claim that your joke was the best joke.

I thought that was something only Donald Trump would do.

BobPatterson

Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 am

salttee wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Wow! You tell a joke and then publicly make the claim that your joke was the best joke.

I thought that was something only Donald Trump would do.

Pity, I had hoped you might understand the message, that instead of suggesting that someone whose views you don't like should be banned from the forum, that you instead try to be more tolerant while firmly expressing your own views.

I don't know if anyone will be interested in looking at the two attempts at humor. The thread was viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1363515&p=19551031#p19551031 on the Times Square drunk driver incident.

Salttee's post is # 5

My post is at # 10

Francoflier

Fri May 19, 2017 5:01 am

Revelation wrote:

Nor does he lead a very healthy life...

The stress of a 'normal' presidency seemed to take its toll on his predecessors, all of whom were younger than him when they took office (except Reagan I think) and seemed to take better care of themselves. I can't imagine what his presidency will do to him.

Then again that might be why he's only doing it part-time.

salttee

Fri May 19, 2017 5:33 am

BobPatterson wrote:
someone whose views you don't like

It runs deeper than that; and as I said, he fits every definition of a troll that I know.
You missed the acronym and obviously a lot more.

But I'm now done with you and this conversation.

BobPatterson

Fri May 19, 2017 7:34 pm

salttee wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
someone whose views you don't like

It runs deeper than that; and as I said, he fits every definition of a troll that I know.
You missed the acronym and obviously a lot more.

But I'm now done with you and this conversation.

Aaaah, the Imperial Dismissal. With a wave of the hand, Free at Last.

ER757

Fri May 19, 2017 9:21 pm

Francoflier wrote:
Revelation wrote:

The stress of a 'normal' presidency seemed to take its toll on his predecessors, all of whom were younger than him when they took office (except Reagan I think) and seemed to take better care of themselves. I can't imagine what his presidency will do to him.

I think this is his ticket out - and I think some in his party are quietly going to "suggest" to him in the not too distant future that he is having health problems that prevent him from fulfilling his duties and he will need to step down. He walks away with his record un-tarnished by being impeached and/or removed from office and the party gets what they want, a true conservative in the oval office while not having to go through the public spectacle of having to throw one of their own under the bus in an impeachment hearing.

BobPatterson

Fri May 19, 2017 11:49 pm

ER757 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
Revelation wrote:

I think this is his ticket out - and I think some in his party are quietly going to "suggest" to him in the not too distant future that he is having health problems that prevent him from fulfilling his duties and he will need to step down. He walks away with his record un-tarnished by being impeached and/or removed from office and the party gets what they want, a true conservative in the oval office while not having to go through the public spectacle of having to throw one of their own under the bus in an impeachment hearing.

Nah. Mr. Trump will willingly sacrifice himself by faithfully serving to the end. Resigning over poor health would be a sign of weakness.

ER757

Sat May 20, 2017 1:52 am

BobPatterson wrote:
ER757 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

Nah. Mr. Trump will willingly sacrifice himself by faithfully serving to the end. Resigning over poor health would be a sign of weakness.

I am not so sure - if (and this is a big "if") it appears inevitable that he'll get impeached, he may want to avoid the public humiliation and take the resignation route. Nixon, a man of no small ego himself, did exactly that