Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Huckabee daughter to replace Sean Spicer?

Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Internet started talking about it two days ago, now mainstream media is picking up on it as well.

Due to his alleged refusal to continue defending Trump's firing of James Comey, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders has been sitting in as a temporary White House press secretary, and now many outlets are speculating that she might have the job permanently.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/10/spicer-cou ... ing-trump/
http://www.mediaite.com/online/white-ho ... om-spicer/

Gotta admit, I'll miss this guy, if it's true.
On one hand, I'd call him TERRIBLE at his job... but on the other hand, at least he tried. No one else would, at first.

On the other hand, this is sorta atypical of Trump, as (by his own admission) he values women's looks/appearance on TV above all else.... and she's got a face that looks like a cemetery after an earthquake. Not being mean, just being honest.

So in a sense, this would actually be a rare instance of substance demonstrated by the President. Progress?

Poor Spicy. :D

socalgeo

Re: Huckabee daughter to replace Sean Spicer?

Thu May 11, 2017 7:43 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Internet started talking about it two days ago, now mainstream media is picking up on it as well.

Due to his alleged refusal to continue defending Trump's firing of James Comey, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders has been sitting in as a temporary White House press secretary, and now many outlets are speculating that she might have the job permanently.

On one hand, I'd call him TERRIBLE at his job... but on the other hand, at least he tried. No one else would, at first.

On the other hand, this is sorta atypical of Trump, as (by his own admission) he values women's looks/appearance on TV above all else.... and she's got a face that looks like a cemetery after an earthquake. Not being mean, just being honest.

So in a sense, this would actually be a rare instance of substance demonstrated by the President. Progress?

Typical liberal. Calling Trump a mysoginist while saying the the woman in question is not qualified for the job because she (in your opinion) isn't good looking enough.

I am so tired of this shit. You are the worst person I have encountered on this forum. Shame on you.

Scorpio

Thu May 11, 2017 7:56 pm

socalgeo wrote:
Typical liberal. Calling Trump a mysoginist while saying the the woman in question is not qualified for the job because she (in your opinion) isn't good looking enough.

I am so tired of this shit. You are the worst person I have encountered on this forum. Shame on you.

You can't possibly be serious to have THAT go so impressively over your head.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Thu May 11, 2017 7:57 pm

socalgeo wrote:

Hmm, since reading comprehension is apparently not your strong suit.... let's go through it bit by bit. :roll:

Quote in question:
LAX772LR wrote:
as (by his own admission) he values women's looks/appearance on TV above all else.

Quote that you apparently missed:
LAX772LR wrote:
this would actually be a rare instance of substance demonstrated by the President.

Summary of what CLEARLY flew straight over your head:
Trump might be putting a homely-looking woman on TV. Thus, him valuing a woman's substance over her appearance, appears to be a departure from his typical patterns. We could even call that progress.

socalgeo

Thu May 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Ohhh, so the cemetery after an earthquake thing was a ringing endorsement?

Typical liberal fracking whack job - get a life

NoTime

Thu May 11, 2017 8:11 pm

I think socalgeo's point is that, if Trump had said "she's got a face that looks like a cemetery after an earthquake. Not being mean, just being honest" you and many others would likely point to that as evidence of mysoginism... and yet, you posted that very comment while pointing out someone else's mysoginism (or departure therefrom).

Brick

Thu May 11, 2017 8:32 pm

I too am really getting sick of this shit. About to leave AN for good...

Aesma

Thu May 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Can she talk ?

If yes, it seems it's enough qualification for the job, no ?

johns624

Thu May 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Aesma wrote:
Can she LIE ?

If yes, it seems it's enough qualification for the job, no ?
FIFY :)

Hillis

Thu May 11, 2017 9:15 pm

As a straight male, I prefer Spicer: he's better looking. :duck:

BobPatterson

Thu May 11, 2017 9:36 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
.... and she's got a face that looks like a cemetery after an earthquake. Not being mean, just being honest.

I'd suggest that honesty requires acknowledging that the comment was indeed mean.

Ms. Huckabee seems to me to be a vast improvement over Mr. Spicer in a very, very tough job.

Defending the indefensible isn't often part of a job description.

MaverickM11

Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Well anything that has sprung forth from her dreadful father's loins is already primed for dishonesty and vengeance, so she's probably perfect for the job!
socalgeo wrote:

LOL get off your cross we need the wood. No one's buyin' it. Shall we go through Trump's statements re: various women? Do you have a spare week to sit through all of them? I'm not sure what's worse--defending Trump's outrageous behavior or feigning faux outrage when someone else does something that could be construed as *remotely* similar. I bet you think Colber is homophobic, right?
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Thu May 11, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nitepilot79

Thu May 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Hillis wrote:

Sarah is not a 10, but she does have a nice mouth :stirthepot:

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Thu May 11, 2017 10:26 pm

socalgeo wrote:
Ohhh, so the cemetery after an earthquake thing was a ringing endorsement?

Considering that the only thing I'd endorse for anyone related to this administration is a stint in a jail or psych ward... no.

socalgeo wrote:
Typical liberal fracking whack job - get a life

Here, shiny object, get distracted a bit more.

MaverickM11 wrote:
socalgeo wrote:

LOL get off your cross we need the wood. No one's buyin' it. Shall we go through Trump's statements re: various women? Do you have a spare week to sit through all of them? I'm not sure what's worse--defending Trump's outrageous behavior or feigning faux outrage

^This

NoTime

Thu May 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Yet again, you guys are missing the point...

It's not simply the statement LAX772LR made about Ms. Huckabee-Sanders. It's the outright hypocrisy on display by lambasting Trump for "misogyny" (not just in this thread) and then engaging in a bit of it, yourself.

No one is getting on a cross, they're just pointing out the typical liberal hypocrisy that is on display. It's completely expected, though, since if we've learned anything from the left over the last 8 years, it's that they completely ignore their own "standards" if/when the woman in question is a conservative. They'll wail and foam at the mouth about Trump's comments, but fall into the most disgusting of misogyny if the woman in question is a conservative.

In fact, I bet if we looked hard enough on these very forums, we would probably find instances in which these very same pearl clutching liberals were spouting hateful, misoginystic things about Ann Coulter or Sarah Palin or Carly Fiorina or Condi Rice, etc. And, of course, we already have a few examples of such comments directed at Ms. Huckabee-Sanders.
Last edited by NoTime on Thu May 11, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiamondFlyer

Thu May 11, 2017 11:13 pm

NoTime wrote:

It's not simply the statement LAX772LR made about Ms. Huckabee-Sanders. It's the outright hypocrisy on display by lambasting Trump for "misogyny" (not just in this thread) and then engaging in a bit of it, yourself.

No one is getting on a cross, they're just pointing out the typical liberal hypocrisy that is on display. It's completed expected, though, since if we've learned anything from the left over the last 8 years, it's that they completely ignore their own "standards" if/when the woman in question is a conservative. They'll wail and foam at the mouth about Trump's comments, but fall into the most disgusting of misogyny if the woman in question is a conservative.

In fact, I bet if we looked hard enough on these very forums, we would probably find instances in which these very same pearl clutching liberals were spouting hateful, misoginystic things about Ann Coulter or Sarah Palin or Carly Fiorina or Condi Rice, etc. And, of course, we already have a few examples of such comments directed at Ms. Huckabee-Sanders.

Typical liberal mentality, "do as I say, not as I do". It's been plainly obvious since Al "invented the internet" Gore put out his global warming sham movie, yet did nothing to curb his lifestyle of business jets and huge houses.

TWA772LR

Thu May 11, 2017 11:30 pm

This reeks of Soviet-style, friends-of-the-party cronyism. Had he picked anyone who is not related to anyone in the party and is more than just a Republican, I wouldn't say that. But she is the daughter of a huge, outspoken righty. The cronyism is real.

Hillis wrote:

Gonna have to agree with you on this one.

Signed,
A fellow straight male

socalgeo wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

*Michael Jackson popcorn meme here*

MaverickM11

Fri May 12, 2017 12:00 am

NoTime wrote:

DiamondFlyer wrote:
Typical liberal mentality, "do as I say, not as I do".

Oh yawn. Must not be a lot of oxygen up there on your high horses. Have you met your party's leader? Your party won't even recognize misogyny as existing.Trump could fill libraries with the nasty things he's said/done to women, and when someone uses a remotely similar tactic you clutch your pearls and turn on the faux outrage fire hose. If this was Milo or R Spencer saying it you'd be saying how wonderful free speech is. Sit down.

dragon-wings

Fri May 12, 2017 12:01 am

So no more Melissa McCarthy playing Spicy on SNL? Dam you Trump! :mad:

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri May 12, 2017 12:03 am

NoTime wrote:

No, you're missing the point in that you're assuming wayyyyy too much, in order to turn this into a self-righteous tirade that's so clearly feigned that even the blind can see such.

There's no hypocrisy here, as I'm:
1) not all that liberal, so not sure how you can confer what I say into being a reflection of an entire ideology
2) not even lambasting Trump for his misogyny, just noting that he seems to be getting past it
3) not impugning on her womanhood in any way

I'm just remarking that this person ain't winning any beauty contests any time soon-- and noting that Trump seems to be getting past his M.O. of preferring looks over capability in a TV employee, which he himself previously admitted.

dragon-wings wrote:

Oh, you KNOW they're going to give him one hell of a send-off, if he indeed turns out to be gone.

socalgeo

Fri May 12, 2017 12:06 am

Defending the indefensible - this should be the new slogan for the Democrat Party......

BobPatterson

Fri May 12, 2017 12:18 am

socalgeo wrote:
Defending the indefensible - this should be the new slogan for the Democrat Party......

Glad you like the wording. But it is offered as a life-long Republican in judgement of our current President (for whom I admit I did not vote).

MaverickM11

Fri May 12, 2017 12:20 am

socalgeo wrote:

Maybe it will be once Donald Trump goes back to being a democrat...

NIKV69

Fri May 12, 2017 12:20 am

I like her and she would be a welcome change. Spicer is horrible.

NoTime

Fri May 12, 2017 1:07 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

DiamondFlyer wrote:
Typical liberal mentality, "do as I say, not as I do".

Oh yawn. Must not be a lot of oxygen up there on your high horses. Have you met your party's leader? Your party won't even recognize misogyny as existing.Trump could fill libraries with the nasty things he's said/done to women, and when someone uses a remotely similar tactic you clutch your pearls and turn on the faux outrage fire hose. If this was Milo or R Spencer saying it you'd be saying how wonderful free speech is. Sit down.

Once more - it's not about the fact that the left is overtly misogynistic. I really couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks of this woman. It's the hypocrisy. I'm assuming you know what that word means, but just in case - "the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform."

In this specific case, it would be "the practice of claiming to abhor misogynistic people, while simultaneously being misogynistic."

It clearly doesn't bother you or many other liberals to demean a woman because of her appearance. I don't care about that. But when you then head for the fainting couches because someone else does the exact same thing... that's pitiful, and to be quite honest, it's why that tactic doesn't work anymore for the left or the media. People see it for what it is - outright hypocrisy.

If this explanation doesn't do the job. I'm afraid you're beyond hope. You're either being intentionally obtuse, or you simply have no business trying to carry on a discussion in this manner.

dtw2hyd

Fri May 12, 2017 1:11 am

Spicey has 18 years PR experience, he is close to most of the reporters, if he cannot do, no one can.

They ALL including POTUS need to get the story straight before showing up on TV. If that doesn't work, just read from prepared talking points.

Question: Is ObamaCare that bad.
Response: Sky is blue.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 am

NoTime wrote:
It's the hypocrisy. I'm assuming you know what that word means.

Your grasp of the concept, on the other hand, is given no such favorable assumption... after you've been shown that there's no hypocrisy as applied here, yet continue to ignore it.

Scroll up to Reply#20 if you need a refresher.
So for the umpteenth time: no one is questioning her capability based on her looks, only remarking that her boss is (finally) now not doing so either.

einsteinboricua

Fri May 12, 2017 1:37 am

dragon-wings wrote:

I think THAT'S the bigger story...though Melissa McCarthy can certainly attempt to play SHS.

ltbewr

Fri May 12, 2017 1:54 am

Spicer is too much like the infamous 'Baghdad Bob' spokesperson for Iraq's Saddam Hussain in his last days. He has lost the trust of mainstream news media, is losing his ability to lie and has to cover for a overt fool in Pres. Trump. He is going to either be fired or quit before getting fired.

salttee

Fri May 12, 2017 2:04 am

ltbewr wrote:
Spicer is too much like the infamous 'Baghdad Bob

DING!!

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri May 12, 2017 4:33 am

ltbewr wrote:
Spicer is too much like the infamous 'Baghdad Bob'

Not really-- because despite the obvious propaganda in his pre-war statements, what a lot of people never realized about Baghdad Bob, AKA Comical Ali, (nee Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf), is that many of his bombastic proclamations and predictions turned out to be 100% ACCURATE in retrospect.

For example:
"The crook Rumsfeld said yesterday that they are hunting mass destruction weapons in Baghdad and Tikrit, and yesterday I replied to that cheap lie . . . I assure you that those villains will recognize, will discover in appropriate time in the future how stupid they are and how they are pretending things which have never taken place."

"They are trying to say that the Iraqi is easy to capture, in order to deceive the world that it is a picnic. One day, they [will] start facing bitter facts."

"Faltering forces of infidels cannot just enter a country of 26 million people and lay besiege to them! They are the ones who will find themselves under siege."

"The simple fact is this: they are foreigners inside a country which has rejected them. Therefore, these foreigners, wherever they go or travel, they will be rained down with bullets from everyone."

....and then, there's what's perhaps his most infamous quote of all:
"The infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of Baghdad."

He nailed the issue, just missed on the location.

2008-2010 saw an enormous spike in military suicides. By year-end 2010, an average of 22 soldiers and veterans were committing suicide EVERY DAY. Even as of last year, it's only gone down to 20.
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/vete ... /86788332/

doug_or

Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 am

ltbewr wrote:
Spicer is too much like the infamous 'Baghdad Bob' spokesperson for Iraq's Saddam Hussain in his last days. He has lost the trust of mainstream news media, is losing his ability to lie and has to cover for a overt fool in Pres. Trump. He is going to either be fired or quit before getting fired.

Isn't that inevitable, though? How can you defend the actions of Trump without lying, denying reality, and constantly tying yourself up in mental gymnastics?

salttee

Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 am

LAX772LR wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Spicer is too much like the infamous 'Baghdad Bob'

Not really-- because despite the obvious propaganda in his pre-war statements, what a lot of people never realized about Baghdad Bob, AKA Comical Ali, (nee Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf), is that many of his bombastic proclamations and predictions turned out to be 100% ACCURATE in retrospect.

For example:
"The crook Rumsfeld said yesterday that they are hunting mass destruction weapons in Baghdad and Tikrit, and yesterday I replied to that cheap lie . . . I assure you that those villains will recognize, will discover in appropriate time in the future how stupid they are and how they are pretending things which have never taken place."

"They are trying to say that the Iraqi is easy to capture, in order to deceive the world that it is a picnic. One day, they [will] start facing bitter facts."

"Faltering forces of infidels cannot just enter a country of 26 million people and lay besiege to them! They are the ones who will find themselves under siege."

"The simple fact is this: they are foreigners inside a country which has rejected them. Therefore, these foreigners, wherever they go or travel, they will be rained down with bullets from everyone."

....and then, there's what's perhaps his most infamous quote of all:
"The infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of Baghdad."

He nailed the issue, just missed on the location.

2008-2010 saw an enormous spike in military suicides. By year-end 2010, an average of 22 soldiers and veterans were committing suicide EVERY DAY. Even as of last year, it's only gone down to 20.

You so often disparage anyone or anything you talk about, I wondered if there was anything you liked.
Now I've found it: Baghdad Bob.

Yes, the fact that veterans' suicide rate is about double the national average is worthy of mention, but I don't think that fact validifies any of Baghdad Bob's hyperbole. Keep in mind that the 20 a day figure is from a pool of fifty million, and the last 40 years of veterans are from an all volunteer force which comprises citizens all of whom abandoned their homes, communities and contact with their families to join an unknown adventure. That was a high risk group from the get go.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri May 12, 2017 5:35 am

salttee wrote:
You so often disparage anyone or anything you talk about

Not really, just the ones that have it coming.

salttee wrote:
I wondered if there was anything you liked.

Why are you spending any amount of time thinking about my preferences? That's pretty creepy dude.

salttee wrote:
Now I've found it: Baghdad Bob.

Meh, that sure doesn't say much for your perceptive capability.

salttee wrote:
Yes, the fact that veterans' suicide rate is about double the national average is worthy of mention, but I don't think that fact validifies any of Baghdad Bob's hyperbole.

Indeed, THAT doesn't.

The fact that his hyperbole ended up being accurate in retrospect, does.

salttee wrote:
That was a high risk group from the get go.

So? It's not as though that lessens the effect/tragedy of the matter.
Last edited by LAX772LR on Fri May 12, 2017 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aesma

Fri May 12, 2017 5:36 am

Typical conservative to not grasp the concept of hypocrisy. How could they live otherwise ?

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri May 12, 2017 5:42 am

Oh, this is great-- it's like these morons don't realize they have a tweet history!

https://twitter.com/sarahhuckabee/statu ... 8448020480

DIRECTFLT

Fri May 12, 2017 8:33 am

I'd much prefer seeing and listening to Mike Huckabee officiating the Pressers.

He knows how to get up on a soapbox!!

MaverickM11

Fri May 12, 2017 4:13 pm

NoTime wrote:
In this specific case, it would be "the practice of claiming to abhor misogynistic people, while simultaneously being misogynistic."

You might have a case if you weren't arguing from the side of Donald bloody Trump and Milo et al. Trump values attractiveness in women above all, and Huckabee does not seem to fit the bill. That may be an opinion, but it certainly isn't instructive on her ability to get the job done well (she can't regardless). But let's make the leap that an opinion on attractiveness is misogyny. That flickering candle of misogyny is nothing compared to the quasar of poisonous misogyny that is Trump and the republican party. No one on the left will tell you they're perfect and misogyny free. Most on the right however will swear that it simply does not even exist in the first place.

LAX772LR wrote:

And of course the totally non hypocritical party of rah rah support the troops and all lives matter is deeply concerned about the issue and busy finding a way to solve it....right after they vaporize mental health care and ensure every last mentally challenged person has unhindered access to guns.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
though Melissa McCarthy can certainly attempt to play SHS.

She's back!
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wat ... d=47371095

Who knows, you might get your wish tomorrow after all! ;)

bhill

Fri May 12, 2017 6:27 pm

socalgeo wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

Then go to bed...he IS on recording of GRABBING a woman's' genitals....what more do you need to be labeled a misogynist???

scbriml

Fri May 12, 2017 7:10 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
she's got a face that looks like a cemetery after an earthquake. Not being mean, just being honest.

Says the man(?) hiding behind an avatar of an elf! :rotfl:

Ken777

Fri May 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Overall I'm not impressed with her. She does have a hick accent (but then I'm from Oklahoma so I can't talk) but she can really bring out the knives very quickly. I don't know how the press will like that approach.

dragon-wings wrote:

With Melissa driving her podium down the streets of NYC for tomorrow's show so he is probably safe this week. If Trump sees the show things might change rather fast.

johns624

Fri May 12, 2017 8:49 pm

She has a face for radio...

BobPatterson

Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 pm

scbriml wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
she's got a face that looks like a cemetery after an earthquake. Not being mean, just being honest.

Says the man(?) hiding behind an avatar of an elf! :rotfl:

It amazes me what people will say.

einsteinboricua

Sat May 13, 2017 12:26 am

Mrs. Betty Bowers had something to say about SHS.

BobPatterson

Sat May 13, 2017 1:56 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Mrs. Betty Bowers had something to say about SHS.

Now you just stop that !!!!

That's so terrible -- darn it, I can't stop laughing.

LAX772LR might visit and take some lessons there. :-) :-(

WarRI1

Sat May 13, 2017 3:22 am

Does anyone really think that she would be in that job if not for her Father. Have they no pride? It is becoming very commonplace in this country to see family names as the source of employment rather than qualifications in politics.

BobPatterson

Sat May 13, 2017 4:14 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Does anyone really think that she would be in that job if not for her Father. Have they no pride? It is becoming very commonplace in this country to see family names as the source of employment rather than qualifications in politics.

Don't you think she could have become very qualified to be a spin doctor just by watching her father's operations?

MaverickM11

Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 am

NoTime wrote:
these very same pearl clutching liberals were spouting hateful, misoginystic things about Ann Coulter.

It cracks me up how transparently ridiculous it is that you are worried about snowflake Ann's lil feelings being hurt... The same woman who viciously went after 9-11 widows calling them witches who enjoyed their husbands' deaths, who wished Timothy Mcveigh blew up the NYTimes, who called for liberals' speech to be repressed ("Let's repress them. ... Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the First Amendment"--ironic considering her bitching today), and that's just the tip of the snow-white supremacist iceberg. Gosh, how could anyone be mean to this angelic woman? She's the real victim here of some totally undeserved mean words! :hissyfit:

WarRI1

Thu May 18, 2017 1:56 am

BobPatterson wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Don't you think she could have become very qualified to be a spin doctor just by watching her father's operations?

No question about that, but one has to see a tendency to hire politically connected more openly than before, or so it seems to me. Just funny how they with the same names are the most qualified. Unions are always badmouthed for this by union haters. Political payback for favors done, always been so and it will remain so.