Dutchy

Re: Donald Trump to FBI Director James Comey: "You're Fired!"

Fri May 12, 2017 2:28 pm

alberchico wrote:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333081-trump-warns-comey-better-hope-there-are-no-tapes-of-our-meeting

''Trump warns Comey: Better hope there are no tapes''

The President of the United States just publicly threatened a private American citizen.

Let that sink in. Take a moment to just imagine if at any point in his eight years Obama said this. Our nation would have burned to the ground

And Trump just takes it yet another step further. What's next? Death squads like Rodrigo Duterte has.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Tugger

Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

And listening to my radio shows this morning they are in full defense mode of Trump and his statements and actions. They can barely catch their breath to do or discuss anything else. Like DIRECTFLT and SoCalGeo above they like to try to use "squirrel" ("Oh look! Over there!") attacks on previous things distract or use as some kind of weak justification to explain why or what Trump is saying.

Of course the whole healthcare debacle has fallen completely out of the news as well as the proposed/supposed tax changes.

It appears that Trump is a doddering, though forceful, old rich man who does not fully understand how to handle or manage what he has gotten himself into (the Presidency). Just look at his interviews with The Economist and Time. Of course I am sure certain posters here will rebut those interviews with something like "Both of those are liberal biased junk media rags filled with FAKE NEWS!!!!" or something similar. But seriously, read the interviews, they are cringe-worthy, his lack of coherence or a grasp on the issues is pretty bad. He just doesn't appear to know about the topics (and the "prime the pump" idiocy is, I think, really just his age related dodderingness showing through, he really does just appear to forget that he has said or discussed things and thinks he is just sharing something new. It truly concerns me. As well as his desire for people who are "loyal" to him (as opposed to being loyal to the country or task at hand). He has shown that to be a trait of his for years in his businesses.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Fri May 12, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

tommy1808

Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:
And Trump just takes it yet another step further. What's next? Death squads like Rodrigo Duterte has.

Polonium poisoning or convenient lethal robberies.....

President Trump has already some designs made for his new outfit, these are the early drafts...
Bild "whatsappimage2017-05t7xq2.jpeg" anzeigen.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

casinterest

Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 pm

alberchico wrote:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333081-trump-warns-comey-better-hope-there-are-no-tapes-of-our-meeting

The President of the United States just publicly threatened a private American citizen.

Let that sink in. Take a moment to just imagine if at any point in his eight years Obama said this. Our nation would have burned to the ground

What's wrong with a little bit of blackmail? :stirthepot: :flamed:
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

MaverickM11

Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Tugger wrote:
And listening to my radio shows this morning they are in full defense mode of Trump and his statements and actions. They can barely catch their breath to do or discuss anything else. Like DIRECTFLT and SoCalGeo above they like to try to use "squirrel" ("Oh look! Over there!") attacks on previous things distract or use as some kind of weak justification to explain why or what Trump is saying.

Which statements are they defending? I've lost track of the different versions of the official WH story on the firing. I don't know how trumpanzees even keep up with the constantly changing party line.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Francoflier

Fri May 12, 2017 3:53 pm

This is beyond crazy...

Trump has always reminded me a Hugo Chavez (except stupider). A dictator wannabe, seeking only to further his own agenda and establish his tightly controlled monocracy in the country, aided by his charismatic skills and populist discourse which he used to wow the uneducated masses.

When he got himself elected, he started to control the media and shut down his opponents by using his presidential powers and the courts, as well as surrounding himself by an army of loyal stooges he kept happy through lucrative deals and corruption.

Sounds familiar?

Phase three, of course, were the threats, and eventually the political assassinations, while the country was descending into the economic and social chaos it is today.

Trump is utterly transparent. As Tugger and others have mentioned above, his lack of competences, his thin skin, his dangerous penchant for absolute control, his massive and fragile ego, his narcissism, his illiteracy, his disdain for conventional democratic processes, his attraction to those who pledge loyalty to him, regardless of how heinous those individuals might be, his pledges to foreign powers in exchange for helping him achieve his power grab, his desire to use his powers to enrich himself, his laziness, the lot... It was all in plain sight the very day he started his campaign. It was all written on the wall, and those who could read it were sounding the alarm bells already. But the media, and America at large, couldn't take their eyes off the decadent and depraved maelstrom of malevolence and hatred and succumbed to the dark side.

What's unfolding today, as shocking as it may be, and entertaining to some degree, is only the logical consequence of having an individual like Trump in the oval office. It quite simply could not have been unfolding any other way.

jetero wrote:
All of the above said, and all of the idiotic (my opinion) presidential tweets, how cool is it that (1) I can publish a post in a public forum without any fear of being tracked or being thrown into jail; and (2) forget about Trump's Twitter--take a look at the responses--literally calling the president a loser. This is democracy. I think both sides of can agree on the importance of that.

This is indeed democracy... so far. What it is now is a massive stress test of the American democratic system. We have an incompetent President with despotic tendencies and a congress devoted to protect and defend him.

We are about to see whether the checks and balances established by the founding fathers are strong enough to wisthand the mother of all attacks on democracy and the average American.

Good luck, America... This will get uglier before it gets better.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

DLFREEBIRD

Fri May 12, 2017 3:54 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Which statements are they defending? I've lost track of the different versions of the official WH story on the firing. I don't know how trumpanzees even keep up with the constantly changing party line.

thanks for the laugh, yep Trumpanzee has been flinging his shit WH staff been busy trying to clean it up.

DLFREEBIRD

Fri May 12, 2017 4:01 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

thanks for the laugh, yep Trumpanzee has been flinging a lot of shit lately. Poor WH staff looks like they can't keep up with the clean up.

Ken777

Fri May 12, 2017 4:51 pm

socalgeo wrote:

I understand that you don't like the fact the Pres Trump had fired some people. That's fine with me.

As far as CNN is concerned, I totally disagree with you. This link has a video of an interview that Wolf Blitzer did with Senator Dianne Feinstein in the last few months. https://mobile.twitter.com/pamela_moore ... 0003748864

Watch the clip. No reasonable person can disagree that:
1) Senator Feinstein says that there is no evidence that shows collusion between the President and the Russians.
2) Blitzers reaction to her statement clearly shows that he wanted a different answer that he could spin.
And
3) They ended the interview very quickly once they did not get what they wanted from her.

It's clear that CNN is totally biased against the President and will shape any and every story to make him look bad.

This is irresponsible and dangerous. The logical outcome of their efforts to cast President Trump as a traitor to the US is only violence and bloodshed. Anyone who participates in this shape will be complicit.

The relationship between Trump, his campaign and the Russians have been a hot topic in the media for months and Blitzer's eagerness to get a scoop is pretty understandable to me.

You need to remember that the news media (from both wings and moderates) were the key in investigating Nixon and it is pretty clear that they are the driving force in exposing Trump.

Remember Preet Bharara? Top Federal Attorney in New York City, with Trump Tower inside his overview. Trump had actually talked to him to stay on after the election - probably because of his top ranking after prosecuting crime. Then the media started talking about the Emoluments Clause in the Constitution and the potential for conflict with Russians paying rent in Trump Tower. Shortly thereafter Trump gets rid of all Federal Attorneys, but Preet did not resign, citing Trumps previous request to stay on. Next day Trump fired him. IF all of that was to get rid of Preet to avoid issues with the Emoluments Clause then we are talking about Obstruction.

Then there was Sally Yates. She delivers the information on General Flynn and is lined up for firing. Trump drops her when she (correctly) determines that the Muslim Executive Order was unconstitutional. He really wanted to get rid of her and the risks she held re Flynn. Held onto Flynn until a story hit the news 18 days later. More Obstruction? Getting too similar a situation in my mind.

And now Director Comey who went to the AG asking for more resources to expand the Russia - Trump investigation. He's gone in less than a week (far faster than Flynn) based on BS excuses. Far too similar for me - I'm now on the obstruction side. BTW, did you hear Trump actually say he had decided to get rid of Comey before of that silly letter?

Looking at Trump's problems it is obvious that the new media in this country has been the driving force in exposing these serious problem. There is no question that if politics was like Hockey the news media would have scored a hat trick.

tommy1808

Fri May 12, 2017 5:08 pm

casinterest wrote:
alberchico wrote:

What's wrong with a little bit of blackmail? :stirthepot: :flamed:

Plus a good dose of witness intimidation, considering he is about to testify.

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

johnboy

Fri May 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Don't forget subpoenas flying everywhere for those "tapes" now that Cheeto von F*ckstick has revealed they "might" exist.

He's not very bright.

casinterest

Fri May 12, 2017 8:13 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

Plus a good dose of witness intimidation, considering he is about to testify.

Best regards
Thomas

Yes,
and on top of it all, it probably ruins Trump's credibility amongst many top level government workers. It seems that this environment is a pay to play one, and Trump is demanding the cut. People will be going behind his back on everything.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

wingman

Fri May 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Cheeto von F*ckstick? I've been waiting for "the one" and this is it. It literally snaps right out the pie-hole with those beautiful hard consonants that sum up all my feelings.

BobPatterson

Fri May 12, 2017 10:04 pm

Francoflier wrote:
When he got himself elected, he started to control the media and shut down his opponents by using his presidential powers and the courts, as well as surrounding himself by an army of loyal stooges he kept happy through lucrative deals and corruption.

Sounds familiar?

I'm not a defender of Mr. Trump, but this sounds very much like a lot of BS to me.

Please be good enough to list just one squad out of your army of stooges, together with their specific lucrative deals and corruption.

If you are convincing you will win me over.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

Hillis

Fri May 12, 2017 10:57 pm

B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

Ken777

Sat May 13, 2017 1:53 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Please be good enough to list just one squad out of your army of stooges, together with their specific lucrative deals and corruption.

Could be what you are looking for is in the documents that Treasure are sending to the House/Senate Investigations. That would be related to money laundering. Understand that the story hit the WSJ today and should be in the general media in the next day of so.

LMP737

Sun May 14, 2017 3:24 pm

NoTime wrote:
Do people on the left realize that Trump didn't fire the entire FBI? Just the Director of the FBI...?

Do people on the right remember going after Bill Clinton over a BJ? And now you guys are "Nothing to see here" over something much more serious. Don't you realize how odd that seems?
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

tommy1808

Mon May 15, 2017 5:35 am

LMP737 wrote:
Do people on the right remember going after Bill Clinton over a BJ? And now you guys are "Nothing to see here" over something much more serious. Don't you realize how odd that seems?

Oh come on, don´t be absurd. You can´t compare those two things, a blowjob is immoral and Trump is the poor victim of Russian blackmail ... he needs help, not judgement.

best rgards
Thomas

Dutchy

Mon May 15, 2017 7:37 am

Oh yes, John Oliver did it again, nailed it in his show. Got to the core of the issue in a hilarious, but sadly truthful way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voMtHigbU9Y

(also taking a piss at the New Zealand prime minister)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

CPH-R

Tue May 16, 2017 10:30 pm

And now we're getting reports that Trump directly asked Comey to 'let go' of the Flynn investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... use-denial

socalgeo

Tue May 16, 2017 10:57 pm

CPH-R wrote:
And now we're getting reports that Trump directly asked Comey to 'let go' of the Flynn investigation.

Sounds damning on the face of it..... except for the fact that the NYT is reporting third hand on a memo that they haven't actually seen. One would think that before going to press with something so semmingly important they would have the journalistic ethics that actually view the alleged memo. What the heck - how about you publish the actual memo, since it's unclassified.....

Oh well, once more into the breach - more outrage and calls for impeachment based on innuendo and rumors. Will this turn out to be fake like so many of the NYT and WaPo "bombshells" of the past 12 months? Or will the left finally be able to subvert the results of the election? Time will tell.....

jetero

Tue May 16, 2017 11:34 pm

socalgeo wrote:
CPH-R wrote:

Sounds damning on the face of it..... except for the fact that the NYT is reporting third hand on a memo that they haven't actually seen. One would think that before going to press with something so semmingly important they would have the journalistic ethics that actually view the alleged memo. What the heck - how about you publish the actual memo, since it's unclassified.....

Oh well, once more into the breach - more outrage and calls for impeachment based on innuendo and rumors. Will this turn out to be fake like so many of the NYT and WaPo "bombshells" of the past 12 months? Or will the left finally be able to subvert the results of the election? Time will tell.....

What "so many" fake NYT and WaPo "bombshells" over the past 12 months? Please illuminate us.

socalgeo

Tue May 16, 2017 11:42 pm

jetero wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
CPH-R wrote:

What "so many" fake NYT and WaPo "bombshells" over the past 12 months? Please illuminate us.

Here is one: January 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day article on Trump being wire tapped....

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... n-january/

socalgeo

Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 am

Here is an oldie but goodie - NYT making fun of Mitt Romney for saying that Russia is our biggest threat in 2012.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/03/29/o ... amp_js_v=9

Priceless

jetero

Wed May 17, 2017 1:29 am

socalgeo wrote:
jetero wrote:
socalgeo wrote:

Here is one: January 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day article on Trump being wire tapped....

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... n-january/

NY Times article accurate. Trump claim was not--article did not say Obama ordered wiretapping of Trump. It was incidental surveillance of (equally idiotic) aides.

jetero

Wed May 17, 2017 1:30 am

socalgeo wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cdn.relaymedia.com/amp/www.poynter.org/2017/time-editor-on-mlk-bust-we-regret-the-error/446501/

That's Time, not the NY Times or the Post. Story retracted. And, yeah, it's definitely of the same consequence as the stories circulating today.

jetero

Wed May 17, 2017 1:31 am

socalgeo wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/10/comey-sought-more-money-for-russia-probe-days-before-he-was-fired-officials-say/?utm_term=.19c64cda293a

DOJ said this was false - in fact a lie....
https://mobile.twitter.com/BretBaier/st ... 2770870273

This same article that you quoted quotes the DoJ source calling it false. Don't understand your point.

jetero

Wed May 17, 2017 1:33 am

socalgeo wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-trumps-anger-and-impatience-prompted-him-to-fire-the-fbi-director/2017/05/10/d9642334-359c-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.f4153169e1af

https://mobile.twitter.com/LizMcKernan

OK? How about the lying of the administration as to why Comey was fired in the first place. Does that matter for anything in your eyes, or just pure and innocent Trumpists with no time to prepare?

jetero

Wed May 17, 2017 1:34 am

socalgeo wrote:
http://www.aim.org/special-report/the-final-truth-about-the-trump-dossier-part-three/

This has not been put to bed yet. (BTW, interesting name for a website on this issue . . . AIM.)

jetero

Wed May 17, 2017 1:35 am

socalgeo wrote:
http://www.aim.org/special-report/just-who-was-the-russian-agent-after-all/

Ha! Fake news!

(Do you see what sources you are quoting?!)

I'll go no further. Garbage in, garbage out.

alberchico

Wed May 17, 2017 1:52 am

So if Comey himself confirms that Trump directly asked him to drop the investigation into Flynn then what ???

If we have a smoking gun that points to obstruction of justice who makes the next move ?

I have a feeling that something spectacular will happen to distract us over this issue. Maybe Spicer and Bannon might get the boot....
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

treetreeseven

Wed May 17, 2017 2:20 am

alberchico wrote:
So if Comey himself confirms that Trump directly asked him to drop the investigation into Flynn then what ???

If we have a smoking gun that points to obstruction of justice who makes the next move ?

I have a feeling that something spectacular will happen to distract us over this issue. Maybe Spicer and Bannon might get the boot....

Something tells me this is precisely why Comey declined to testify - unless it was public. 8-)

ThePointblank

Wed May 17, 2017 3:33 am

socalgeo wrote:
CPH-R wrote:

Here's the problem per David French at National Review:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/44 ... od-outcome

There's no good outcome from this news story. It's either:

1. There is now compelling evidence that Trump committed a serious abuse of power and thus should be impeached, or
2. The nation’s leading press outlets are dupes for a vindictive, misleading story and this story is one of the worst betrayals of journalistic ethics in modern history

Neither one is good for the trust in our public institutions.

With the House Oversight Committee demanding the FBI turn over all memos, documents, or information pertaining to communications between Trump and Comey, we'll find out by a week's time if the NYT report is true.

alberchico

Wed May 17, 2017 3:39 am

Doesn't the NYT run a story with explosive allegations like this through some sort of check and verification before going public to avoid the chance of being burned ???
You know if they got this wrong Trump would use it as a stick to beat them with it for the next 4 years...
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

ThePointblank

Wed May 17, 2017 3:50 am

alberchico wrote:
Doesn't the NYT run a story with explosive allegations like this through some sort of check and verification before going public to avoid the chance of being burned ???
You know if they got this wrong Trump would use it as a stick to beat them with it for the next 4 years...

They should. Basic journalist integrity. But now, NBC News has independently confirmed that such a memo exists regarding Trump asking Comey to drop the investigation:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/com ... on-n760471

tommy1808

Wed May 17, 2017 5:13 am

socalgeo wrote:

If your reading comprehension isn´t up to the use on Englisch by the New York Times, you shouldn´t be reading or quoting it, it is only embarrassing for you.

The article does in no way confirm Trumps insane lies.

best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:18 am

Apparently it is pretty hard to find a cop in the USA that is dishonest enough, or bribeable enough to shut down the Russia investigation:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59322 ... pmg0000000

Best regards
Thomas

seahawk

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:31 am

Lies and fake news. Trump is taking time to find the most qualified person for the job, nothing more.

Aesma

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:13 am

I read something on Fox website yesterday. The argument was that there was no pressure from Trump on James Comey because if there had been, he would have resigned.

I found that funny, I hope they find better ones to defend Trump !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

dragon-wings

Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:20 am

There is a possibility that Trump will block Comey from speaking to the Senate intelligence panel on Thursday.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/judic ... le/2624868

If he does block Comey from speaking it will look like Trump is trying to prevent the truth from being told.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano