socalgeo

Re: Donald Trump to FBI Director James Comey: "You're Fired!"

Thu May 11, 2017 1:59 am

dragon-wings wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
Hillis wrote:
According to the lead on CNN.com right now, Comey's people are saying he was dumped because he never swore loyalty to The Orange Menace and that the investigation into the Orange Menace-Russia dealings was heating up.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/ ... index.html

Former President Teddy Roosevelt, who was a pretty damn good POTUS in his day once said "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country." Good man, Teddy was.

The President is NOT the country. This one has a messiah complex where he clearly feels everyone should bow to him, not the Constitution of the United States. And the story that he fired him for his role in the Clinton email scandal is so beyond any sense of credibility that it's truly frightening. Of course, I'm sure some of the apologists for this scumbag believe every word coming from Sean Spicer. The intelligent among us can see what an insult that is to the intelligence of the American people.

CNN is not a valid source for news. TMZ is more objective. Do try to do better in the future please...seriously ..... this post is just embarrassing and awkward.

So what is a credible source for you? Here is a Fox news story saying Comey was asking for more resources into the Trump/Russia probe right before he was fired.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... s-say.html

Come on man, two different stories.......

DLFREEBIRD

Thu May 11, 2017 3:59 am

socalgeo wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
After this last incident. , it's obvious to me that he's hiding more than just his taxes. I'm going to have a wait and see attitude. Maybe American votes
will allow Trump's wealthcare era to end or continue. It's not the first time that American's have voted against their best interest.

Some voters will vote for their party no matter what.

Objectively, I think you are off the mark. If history tells us anything about FBI Directors it's that they have sometimes been able to stay in power because of the dirt they have on the professional politicians. It's accepted as fact that J Edgar Hoover had dirt on many, many of them.

If there is anything to be learned from this is that President Trump is not afraid of anything that Comey knows about him. Let that sink in for a moment. J Edgar Hover is spinning in his grave not because Trump fired Comey, but because Comey didn't have the dirt to keep his job......

Just a little dose of reality for all of you this fine morning....

Word of the day:
syc·o·phant
ˈsikəˌfant,ˈsikəfənt/
noun
plural noun: sycophants
a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.
synonyms: yes-man, bootlicker, brown-noser, toady, lickspittle, flatterer, flunky, lackey, spaniel, doormat, stooge, cringer, suck, suck-up
"I thought you wanted a competent FBI director, not a nodding sycophant"

Francoflier

Thu May 11, 2017 4:38 am

The general belief that seems to be floating to the top is that Trump didn't trust Comey.

This would seem to fit with the picture and coincide with his general trust issues with his entourage, the fact that he doesn't seem to trust anyone and is unable to find enough trustworthy people which would be completely devoted to him to fill his government. Also the reason why his son in law keeps piling on the jobs.

Trump's management style has always been autocratic. Of course, having one strong leader calling every shot in a business is not that rare and is perfectly acceptable (if not very efficient), but a government does not work like that.
A government is all about checks and balances, with forces acting against each other to cancel out the wish of a wannabe autocrat and incite compromise and negotiation.
This does not seem to fit with Trump very much... And it certainly wouldn't if he has something to hide.

Comey wasn't a stellar head of the FBI, obviously. But firing everyone who disagrees with him or tries to investigate him does nothing but arousing suspicions about Trump, especially when his allies in congress keep defending him at all costs by refusing to further the investigations or answering calls to appoint special investigators. There's also the fact that the reason cited for his dismissal doesn't hold a lot of ground from the man who incited his adoring electorate to chant 'lock her up' during (and after) his campaign.

Not to mention the fact that he fired him after being told do so by his AG, himself under fire and having had to step down from the investigation of the Trump campaign's ties to Russia...

And then there's the meeting with Russia officials the very next day, unusually held at the WH, with no press invited, and the only photo coming out of it was taken by an official Russian photograph...

You can't make this shit up. There's a hell of a lot of smoke coming from that door, and a hell of a lot of Trump die-hards standing in front of it trying to prevent anyone from opening it.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

seb146

Thu May 11, 2017 5:13 am

socalgeo wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:
socalgeo wrote:

CNN is not a valid source for news. TMZ is more objective. Do try to do better in the future please...seriously ..... this post is just embarrassing and awkward.

So what is a credible source for you? Here is a Fox news story saying Comey was asking for more resources into the Trump/Russia probe right before he was fired.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... s-say.html

Come on man, two different stories.......

You don't think they go together? I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you....
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

seb146

Thu May 11, 2017 5:15 am

I wonder who Russia will install as FBI director. Dollars to doughnuts he will immediately put a stop to all Russian probes.

Francoflier

Thu May 11, 2017 5:42 am

seb146 wrote:
I wonder who Russia will install as FBI director. Dollars to doughnuts he will immediately put a stop to all Russian probes.

Trump's appointee to replace Comey will indeed expose the entire endgame...

When Clinton fired William Sessions in 93 (the only other instance of a President firing the head of the FBI), he replaced him with a universally respected judge who had been nominated by a Republican, in an effort of political appeasement, transparency and to please both sides.

So what will Trump do? Will he follow in Bill's footsteps and hire a straight shooter, one everyone respects in the field and who will do his job regardless of the political circumstances as he should?
Or will he appoint one of his loyal henchmen to try and control the FBI from the inside and snuff the investigations on him?

I know where my money is...
:sarcastic:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Aesma

Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 am

NoTime wrote:
Not to interrupt all of the hyperventilating going on around here, but the WSJ makes a few good points in an article today - Comey’s Deserved Dismissal.

It points out that Comey was fired on the advice of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who was only recently confirmed (the end of April). That would explain the timing. It also presents the case for his firing which, in addition to the top 10 FBI fails that that I linked to yesterday, make it clear this guy should've been kicked to the curb long ago. (And, of course, don't forget that the left was calling for his head just a few months ago... but, I guess "the enemy of my enemy..." holds true, here.)

Granted, I'm sure many of you consider anything to the right of the huffington post to be biased media, but it might be worth a read for the handful of you that are rational.

The left doesn't care about Comey, or rather they still hate him. What is bad here is not the firing of Comey, it's the firing of the man investigating Trump for treason.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

NoTime

Thu May 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Aesma wrote:
NoTime wrote:
Not to interrupt all of the hyperventilating going on around here, but the WSJ makes a few good points in an article today - Comey’s Deserved Dismissal.

It points out that Comey was fired on the advice of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who was only recently confirmed (the end of April). That would explain the timing. It also presents the case for his firing which, in addition to the top 10 FBI fails that that I linked to yesterday, make it clear this guy should've been kicked to the curb long ago. (And, of course, don't forget that the left was calling for his head just a few months ago... but, I guess "the enemy of my enemy..." holds true, here.)

Granted, I'm sure many of you consider anything to the right of the huffington post to be biased media, but it might be worth a read for the handful of you that are rational.

The left doesn't care about Comey, or rather they still hate him. What is bad here is not the firing of Comey, it's the firing of the man investigating Trump for treason.

That's fine, but how much of the actual investigating do you think this specific man was doing? Is the left so out of touch with reality that they think Comey was sitting at his desk, late at night, connecting the dots between Trump and the Russians? Maybe sipping from his scotch while the film noir narrator explains things? The whole thing shot in black and white, perhaps?
"Anyone who doesn't accept the results of an election is a danger to democracy"- Hillary Clinton

seb146

Thu May 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Aesma wrote:
NoTime wrote:

"The left" does not "hate" Comey. "The left" hates that the media focused on the wrong story and the wrong elements of a second story. That is: Comey already warned us of Russian interference. The media did not do it's job in reporting that, yet spun Comey's investigation of Huma Abedin as opening the closed Hillary investigation. What was the real story there? Was it Hillary?

https://www.propublica.org/article/come ... inaccurate

And why is the media not reporting on this?

Aesma

Thu May 11, 2017 3:16 pm

ALTF4 wrote:
Aesma wrote:
I received a notification about this on my phone at 6AM. It's a French app not one supposed to give me news about internal US matters.

Seems like an issue to take up with the app maker, not the A.nut tech non-support forum? Maybe your signature gives a few hints as to the cause? :lol:

Not an issue, I meant it's a big deal worldwide.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Ken777

Thu May 11, 2017 4:27 pm

socalgeo wrote:

CNN is not a valid source for news.

CNN does an aggressive job at identifying and delivering the news. They have a solid international network and delivers the who, what, when, where and why. In addition they give comments and information to fill out the core news.

CNN is fine with me because they are pretty careful to bring in both sides of an argument. Conservatives and Liberals are given sufficient time to present their case.

MSNBC is only doing a good job at showing both sides. Michael Steel (former head of RNC) is on frequently and presents his conservative opinions with ease. George Will, a leading conservative intellect, has now joined them.

Looking at the Trump Administration it has been the print and media that has been the driving force in exposing all of the problems and failures of Trump and his monkeys. One thing is clear though - Trump has been firing government professionals who might be getting too close to problems, starting with the NYC Federal Prosecutor who had Trump Tower in his territory. Toss in the Acting AG who gave the heads up on on a Gone Bad General and the FBI Director who was asking for more resources to go after Trump. All getting too close?

wingman

Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 pm

The lark about Rosenstein is yet another exposed lie and one that led him to threaten quitting when he saw the White House lies about it. This story is fast becoming the most embarrassing episode yet and comes closer than ever to cementing Donald Trump and his White House staff as the the most ineffective and pathetic team to lead this nation in its history.

Quinnipiac now out with new polling putting Trump at 36% approval and rapidly losing support from his core base of white high school graduates and white men in general. Even his voters are starting to see the truth of what they've done. We are witnessing a true catastrophe unfolding before our very eyes.

Editing to add another bombshell - Acting Director McCabe in front of the Senate today completely contradicts Trump's back up reason for firing Comey after realizing the bullshit about Rosenstein was too stinky..says Comey had widespread and strong backing in the FBI community. I guess McCabe won't be acting for long. Also says he's going to pursue the Russia probe to the very end of the trail. Whoops, uuge and bigly mistake.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat ... 57990eec9d
Last edited by wingman on Thu May 11, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

socalgeo

Thu May 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Ken777 wrote:
socalgeo wrote:

CNN does an aggressive job at identifying and delivering the news. They have a solid international network and delivers the who, what, when, where and why. In addition they give comments and information to fill out the core news.

CNN is fine with me because they are pretty careful to bring in both sides of an argument. Conservatives and Liberals are given sufficient time to present their case.

MSNBC is only doing a good job at showing both sides. Michael Steel (former head of RNC) is on frequently and presents his conservative opinions with ease. George Will, a leading conservative intellect, has now joined them.

Looking at the Trump Administration it has been the print and media that has been the driving force in exposing all of the problems and failures of Trump and his monkeys. One thing is clear though - Trump has been firing government professionals who might be getting too close to problems, starting with the NYC Federal Prosecutor who had Trump Tower in his territory. Toss in the Acting AG who gave the heads up on on a Gone Bad General and the FBI Director who was asking for more resources to go after Trump. All getting too close?

I understand that you don't like the fact the Pres Trump had fired some people. That's fine with me.

As far as CNN is concerned, I totally disagree with you. This link has a video of an interview that Wolf Blitzer did with Senator Dianne Feinstein in the last few months. https://mobile.twitter.com/pamela_moore ... 0003748864

Watch the clip. No reasonable person can disagree that:
1) Senator Feinstein says that there is no evidence that shows collusion between the President and the Russians.
2) Blitzers reaction to her statement clearly shows that he wanted a different answer that he could spin.
And
3) They ended the interview very quickly once they did not get what they wanted from her.

It's clear that CNN is totally biased against the President and will shape any and every story to make him look bad.

This is irresponsible and dangerous. The logical outcome of their efforts to cast President Trump as a traitor to the US is only violence and bloodshed. Anyone who participates in this shape will be complicit.

socalgeo

Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm

wingman wrote:
The lark about Rosenstein is yet another exposed lie and one that led him to threaten quitting when he saw the White House lies about it. This story is fast becoming the most embarrassing episode yet and comes closer than ever to cementing Donald Trump and his White House staff as the the most ineffective and pathetic team to lead this nation in its history.

Quinnipiac now out with new polling putting Trump at 36% approval and rapidly losing support from his core base of white high school graduates and white men in general. Even his voters are starting to see the truth of what they've done. We are witnessing a true catastrophe unfolding before our very eyes.

Editing to add another bombshell - Acting Director McCabe in front of the Senate today completely contradicts Trump's back up reason for firing Comey after realizing the bullshit about Rosenstein was too stinky..says Comey had widespread and strong backing in the FBI community. I guess McCabe won't be acting for long. Also says he's going to pursue the Russia probe to the very end of the trail. Whoops, uuge and bigly mistake.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat ... 57990eec9d

LOL - isn't Quinnipiac the same poll that said Hillary would win in a landslide?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busine ... ide-2016-8

wingman

Thu May 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Haha, you may find it funny but I guarantee you Trump and his merry band of lying scumbags don't. He's probably screaming at the TV right now.

Your man's a joke, across the board now.

socalgeo

Thu May 11, 2017 5:27 pm

wingman wrote:
Haha, you may find it funny but I guarantee you Trump and his merry band of lying scumbags don't. He's probably screaming at the TV right now.

Your man's a joke, across the board now.

I guess I dont get it. You are acting as if something has changed since the election and now the left is really mad, and wow, this time it really really means something. How can anyone objectively take this seriously? The day of the inauguration had the NYT and WaPo headlines about this same shit. CNN ran a whole week on the the fake news about Trump pissing on hookers in St Petersburg and Putin having videos. Buzzfeed actually published the fake dossier. They were breathlessly talking about Trumps personal lawyer traveling to Europe to coordinate their treasonous activities with the FSB. All proven fake. Simple character assassination.

This shit was included by Comey in a briefing to President Obama that was then provided to Pelosi and Shumer, who then leaked it to the MSM.

Ohhh, but now somehow it's different! The outrage is real and boy you guys are gonna get him this time.

Please...... spare me this bullshit.

Firing Comey has changed nothing. It cost Trump nothing. What are you going to do? Make up more fake stories about him pissing on hookers? Because that didn't work then and it won't work now.

The left has gone so far off of the deep end that there is no coming back from it. Trump can just ignore your noise because you are not credible.

DIRECTFLT

Thu May 11, 2017 5:39 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I think Republicans really want to lose the House and Senate.

McConnell just came out saying he opposes any further Russia investigation.

Gee, I've seen this Movie before.... The Liberal Leftist MSM all predicting and prognosticating the political demise of Trump, with Trump yet again rising from their ashes... :yawn:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Dutchy

Thu May 11, 2017 6:56 pm

Why is every surprised by the American president doing this? In 3,5 years time you can elect another.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

socalgeo

Thu May 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Mispost.......

wingman

Thu May 11, 2017 8:09 pm

socalgeo wrote:
The left has gone so far off of the deep end that there is no coming back from it. Trump can just ignore your noise because you are not credible.

Hey SoCal..is this you?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3156568

socalgeo

Thu May 11, 2017 8:20 pm

wingman wrote:
socalgeo wrote:

Hey SoCal..is this you?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3156568

Reprehensible behavior on that jerks part.

But not related to this discussion about Comey being fired in any possible way. Just a misdirection because you have lost the argument and cannot admit that you don't have the intellectual tools to comprehend and intelligently discuss what is going on in this country.

It's exactly this type of lack of focus and flawed logic that cost the Democrats the last election. If you don't get your shit together soon you are going to lose the next 10.........

Pitiful

wingman

Thu May 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Come on man, just having some fun. From your energetic posts I'm guessing you're never much further than 2 IPAs from being that guy. Just sub out "Muslim" for "Libtard" and it has Socalgeo written all over it.

But to the topic at hand, I think Trump is the most unqalified asshiole to ever serve. And I laugh at his flailing antics 99% of the time. But on occasion his bullshit becomes so egregious it does piss me off bigly that our political process engineered such a flaming moron into the White House.

socalgeo

Thu May 11, 2017 8:54 pm

wingman wrote:
Come on man, just having some fun. From your energetic posts I'm guessing you're never much further than 2 IPAs from being that guy. Just sub out "Muslim" for "Libtard" and it has Socalgeo written all over it.

But to the topic at hand, I think Trump is the most unqalified asshiole to ever serve. And I laugh at his flailing antics 99% of the time. But on occasion his bullshit becomes so egregious it does piss me off bigly that our political process engineered such a flaming moron into the White House.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Tugger

Thu May 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Interesting thing is that there has been a significant shift in conservative media and talk radio. It is usually on the attack, focused on issues and screw ups or policies of the Dems and liberals. NO the are almost always in full defend mode, defending and explaining and re-framing what Trump has done or said. They also will attack the left wing about their focus on the odd things Trumps spouts but that is about all the attacking they are doing lately, and in fact that has been a form of defense as they are discussing reason why Trump's actions/words are justified.

It is quite a change.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

wingman

Thu May 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Well dude, we'll always have that in common. Just knowing you admire Lebowski gives me great confidence that you'll soon come around to abide my position on Trump, even if you never admit it here.

Hillis

Thu May 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Headline on CNN.com as I got home from work today: White House: Removing Comey will help bring Russia investigation to end

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/ ... index.html

Oh, there's no doubt about that. Whatever brown-noser The orange menace installs, they'll wrap it up, nice and neat, and cut off any further investigation into this matter.

This bullshit is crying for a Special Prosecutor.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

Hillis

Thu May 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Ken777 wrote:
socalgeo wrote:

Ken, just do like I did and put socalgeo on your ignore list. It makes life on here so much more bearable.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

Hillis

Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 pm

BobPatterson

Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Hillis wrote:

That's worth buying the magazine and framing the cover!
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

socalgeo

Thu May 11, 2017 9:55 pm

wingman wrote:
Well dude, we'll always have that in common. Just knowing you admire Lebowski gives me great confidence that you'll soon come around to abide my position on Trump, even if you never admit it here.

"Nihilists! Say what you want about the tenets of national socialism Dude, at least it's an ethos."

Mir

Thu May 11, 2017 11:19 pm

They're really not very good at this.

Huckabee Sanders admitting to Trump committing obstruction of justice: https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/862777190030725122

Trump himself admitting to obstruction of justice: https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status ... 9196656640
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

dragon-wings

Thu May 11, 2017 11:37 pm

The White House can' even get their own story straight! Yesterday Pence and Huckabee said Trump fired Comey because of the recommendation from the deputy AG. Now today Trump himself said he was going to fire Comey before the recommendation.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

dragon-wings

Thu May 11, 2017 11:40 pm

And which one is worse? Loretta Lynch meeting Bill Clinton on a plane in Phoenix? Or Trump asking Comey if he was under investigation? (they both sound real bad to me, but honestly I don't know which one is worse)
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Mir

Fri May 12, 2017 12:14 am

dragon-wings wrote:
And which one is worse? Loretta Lynch meeting Bill Clinton on a plane in Phoenix? Or Trump asking Comey if he was under investigation? (they both sound real bad to me, but honestly I don't know which one is worse)

Well, one has the potential for impropriety. One is a definite example of impropriety.

It's entirely possible that Clinton and Lynch never discussed Hillary's case. It's pretty much impossible to claim that Trump and Comey didn't discuss Trump's case if Trump asked Comey about the case.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

salttee

Fri May 12, 2017 1:04 am

As with the election the real story is not Trump, but how can it be that so many people still support him?

The comparison to the Bill Clinton - Loretta Lynch meeting vs the Trump questioning of Comey and the fact that (Trump claims) Comey repeatedly told Trump that he's not under investigation is so revealing. And let's not forget that not only did Trump fire Comey he also fired Preet Bharara, who was the federal prosecutor for Manhattan where Trump lived. Then to top it all off we have Huckabee Sanders admitting to Trump committing obstruction of justice as Mir told us above.

How can this show continue? How can any sane person still support this fraud?

einsteinboricua

Fri May 12, 2017 1:41 am

Dutchy wrote:
Why is every surprised by the American president doing this? In 3,5 years time you can elect another.

What makes you sure we'll even have elections by then? Will I be able to vote? Will I be alive to vote?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

alberchico

Fri May 12, 2017 2:52 am

Well on the plus side, there no need to watch shows like House of Cards or Game of Thrones anymore because watching this presidency is 10 times more entertaining :spin: :rotfl: :boggled:

I call it America: The Final season...
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

tommy1808

Fri May 12, 2017 5:57 am

socalgeo wrote:
All proven fake. Simple character assassination.

Only in your dream world. But, go on defending proven Rapist Trump....

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

DIRECTFLT

Fri May 12, 2017 6:23 am

Hillis wrote:
Headline on CNN.com as I got home from work today: White House: Removing Comey will help bring Russia investigation to end

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/ ... index.html

Oh, there's no doubt about that. Whatever brown-noser The orange menace installs, they'll wrap it up, nice and neat, and cut off any further investigation into this matter.

This bullshit is crying for a Special Prosecutor.

When I see the words Special Prosecutor, the first thing that comes to my mind that needs one, is The 2012 Benghazi attack.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

jetero

Fri May 12, 2017 6:26 am

The Republicans are so hopelessly ineffective at governing they have to create an "opposition" so they have something to blame. Sadly, I think they may be winning. Hillary would've been lynched at this point.

All so put upon, sick with persecution syndrome and ready to persecute everyone else. All in the name of "freedom" and "God." Spoiler alert: They're the only people who get to define that.

They've gotten worse and worse and worse and worse is all I have to say (they were always hypocrites but the smug hypocrisy has spun out of control like a tornado with willing victims standing up and clapping), and now they're perfectly fine with ITAR/TASS in the Oval Office. On a day like yesterday! You've got to be friggin kidding me!

For you Republicans out there, what is your endgame? The black-and-white moralistic crap I can kind of understand, although I don't know why people who supposedly "love the constitution" want to make the country some sort of religious state a la Iran. (Again, this is the party that gets to decide what freedom means.) If it's about the economy and national security, do you really think Republicans have done it any better than Democrats over the past 40 years?

And when it comes to health care, if the Republican Party is going to save us from the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare ... evidently that's totally acceptable for the Grand Ole Party of Hypocrisy, but calling Trump's EO a "Muslim Ban" is not), are they really so damned incompetent and inept that they can't convey the "disaster" to the country in any credible way? Aren't these supposed to be executives of Blue Chip companies? Give me a break. They are parasites and feed on peoples' insecurities and prejudices.

The death panels are finally here. Somehow 10 years from now in this dystopia we will be told it was all Obama's intention.

Anyone who stands behind that charlatan of a president is equally delusional and is supporting someone whose only conscious interest is himself and his primary subconscious interest is to concentrate wealth for the poor put-upon real estate developer types from Queens who never could stack up against the "elite," never will be a member of it, but is hopelessly obsessed with it.

The guy is a fool. I doubt he has done anything with Russia but in his endless desire for acclimation at all costs while steamrolling everyone else he has associated himself with some very BAD HOMBRES.

Somebody needs to get the guy a teddy bear and a pacifier.

Rant over.

DIRECTFLT

Fri May 12, 2017 6:28 am

salttee wrote:
How can any sane person still support this fraud?

Well... she lost the Election, so it's obvious she did not even have enough of her base supporting her, sane or insane..

Oh, but you were talking about someone else.... MY bad.

Dutchy

Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

What makes you sure we'll even have elections by then? Will I be able to vote? Will I be alive to vote?

Whether you are alive or not, is not going to influence the elections, I am so sorry that I am the one to bring you this news, but you aren't that important :D I, for one, would be quite surprised if there weren't any elections held in 3,5years, don't you? That would be unprecedented.

tommy1808

Fri May 12, 2017 6:53 am

[twoid][/twoid]
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Oh, but you were talking about someone else.... MY bad.

and you just stumbled across the difference between libel, calling Hillary a fraut, and facts, calling Trump a fraut.... maybe you can learn more about the difference at Trump University.

Plus of course, if you win the popular vote by some 3 Million votes, lack of support wasn´t really a problem, that is a rather staggering 2.5% lead after all.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

jetero

Fri May 12, 2017 6:58 am

All of the above said, and all of the idiotic (my opinion) presidential tweets, how cool is it that (1) I can publish a post in a public forum without any fear of being tracked or being thrown into jail; and (2) forget about Trump's Twitter--take a look at the responses--literally calling the president a loser. This is democracy. I think both sides of can agree on the importance of that.

I guess it's also democracy that thousands listen to a guy who thinks Hillary Clinton and Chobani have time for child sex trafficking operations. I guess I'd defend his right to BLOW HARD, but I'd also say that's the opposite of patriotism.

U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!

tommy1808

Fri May 12, 2017 7:00 am

Dutchy wrote:
Whether you are alive or not, is not going to influence the elections, I am so sorry that I am the one to bring you this news, but you aren't that important :D I, for one, would be quite surprised if there weren't any elections held in 3,5years, don't you? That would be unprecedented.

Nah, they will just Gerrymander his vote out of relevance, push for Voter IDs laws and cut DMW founding, so there are less places to apply (somehow only in areas where people vote republican), find out that drivers licenses have to be biometric RFID gold plated for 100 USD/Piece to prevent voter fraut...... they will be creative.

best regards
Thomas

T

Dutchy

Fri May 12, 2017 7:01 am

alberchico wrote:
Well on the plus side, there no need to watch shows like House of Cards or Game of Thrones anymore because watching this presidency is 10 times more entertaining :spin: :rotfl: :boggled:

I call it America: The Final season...

Southpark seized to cover the elections because reality was more bizarre than anything they came up with. :D

seahawk

Fri May 12, 2017 7:01 am

Firing the guy is one thing, The throwing of dirt after the firing is really tasteless. Somebody should tell President Trump that being the president is not a reality TV show.

seahawk wrote:
Firing the guy is one thing, The throwing of dirt after the firing is really tasteless. Somebody should tell President Trump that being the president is not a reality TV show.

Just re-watch Hot Shots 2. It is a kind of creepy feeling to see that president Benson suddenly does not seem so bad.
Last edited by seahawk on Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

DIRECTFLT

Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am

dragon-wings wrote:
The White House can' even get their own story straight!

dragon-wings, are you talking about the Susan Rice "show", explainin' about the reason for the Benghazi attack???

NO, of course you weren't !!

Someone died.

Someone got fired.

Even today, there's still a difference. :yes:

tommy1808

Fri May 12, 2017 9:01 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Someone died.

And a 100 million USD or so taxpayer money couldn't show anyone is at fault, while

Someone got fired.

to prevent spending 100 million on investigating treason.

Even today, there's still a difference. :yes:

Yup, one is a a sad and in deed very tragic loss of life, the other is betraying ones country to an enemy government.

Best regards
Thomas

alberchico

Fri May 12, 2017 1:48 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ur-meeting

''Trump warns Comey: Better hope there are no tapes''

The President of the United States just publicly threatened a private American citizen.

Let that sink in. Take a moment to just imagine if at any point in his eight years Obama said this. Our nation would have burned to the ground
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !