AirplaneWizard
Topic Author

Donald Trump to FBI Director James Comey: "You're Fired!"

Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 pm

James Comey, the FBI director has been fired by President Donald Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... comey.html
Last edited by AirplaneWizard on Tue May 09, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alberchico

Re: Donald Trump to FBI Director James Comey: "You're Fired!"

Tue May 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Why ??? He interfered and swung the election in Trump's favor....
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

eaa3

Tue May 09, 2017 10:08 pm

I am shocked. Fire the guy that is investigating you (Trump) and your people for treason. You just can't do that in a western country. That's more like something that would be done in a dictatorship.

What's next, have the FBI destroy the evidence against you?

DfwRevolution

Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 pm

alberchico wrote:
Why ???

Because he's lost the confidence of everyone. The right thinks Comey let Clinton and her team skate free for a long rap sheet that includes espionage act violations. The left thinks Comey threw the election to Trump. His continued leadership of the FBI only served to undermine confidence in the agency. He needed to go so that the FBI can move on.

I just hope Comey writes a memoir someday so that we can understand why - for the love of God - he made the press conference that he did on July 5, 2016. It's still just totally bewildering why he did that.

alberchico wrote:
He interfered and swung the election in Trump's favor....

A claim not found in evidence.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

johnboy

Tue May 09, 2017 10:12 pm

I've taken screenshots of all the dumbasses in here smugly pontificating about 8 years of Trump.

Cannot WAIT to rub it in their faces.

salttee

Tue May 09, 2017 10:20 pm

alberchico wrote:

But he is conducting an investigation into the connections between Trump's people and the Russians.

DfwRevolution

Tue May 09, 2017 10:22 pm

eaa3 wrote:
I am shocked. Fire the guy that is investigating you (Trump) and your people for treason. You just can't do that in a western country. That's more like something that would be done in a dictatorship.

The FBI Director is an executive branch employee. The President is the sole elected leader of the executive branch. If executive branch employees - especially those with police power like the FBI - are not accountable to an elected official, then that lends itself to tyranny, too. All executive branch employees must serve at the pleasure of the President or we don't live in a representative government.

Firing the FBI Director also doesn't liberate Trump from any wrongdoing. It is Congress that retains the power to impeach the President and Congress can investigate the President with or without the FBI.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

salttee

Tue May 09, 2017 10:31 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
Firing the FBI Director also doesn't liberate Trump from any wrongdoing.

You're absolutely correct. It highlights Trump's nefarious wrongdoings.

This is directly akin to Nixon's firing of two attorney's general in a row.
Trump may have quashed the FBI investigation, but there is no way his Russian dealings can ever be swept under the rug now.

alberchico

Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
eaa3 wrote:
Firing the FBI Director also doesn't liberate Trump from any wrongdoing. It is Congress that retains the power to impeach the President and Congress can investigate the President with or without the FBI.

You really believe that a Republican majority Congress and Senate will want to investigate and possibly impeach A Republican president ???
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

eaa3

Tue May 09, 2017 10:35 pm

alberchico wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:
eaa3 wrote:

You really believe that a Republican majority Congress and Senate will want to investigate and possibly impeach A Republican president ???

Treason with the Russians to undermine the election is the perhaps one of the most serious crimes you could commit. Even the republicans are not ok with treason with the Russians... I hope at least.

Hillis

Tue May 09, 2017 10:48 pm

AirplaneWizard wrote:

First of all, stop with the bullshit of using his Apprentice slogan. This isn't a reality show. This is a serious matter and should be treated as such.

alberchico wrote:

For the same reason he fired Sally Yates: they're getting closer to uncovering the mess about Russia that will get him impeached and put in prison.

eaa3 wrote:

I'm anything but shocked with this Dictator. This is proof positive that he's hiding something big, and the ongoing investigation into him has been finding some juicy stuff about The Orange Menace.
DfwRevolution wrote:
alberchico wrote:
Why ???

Because he's lost the confidence of everyone. The right thinks Comey let Clinton and her team skate free for a long rap sheet that includes espionage act violations. The left thinks Comey threw the election to Trump. His continued leadership of the FBI only served to undermine confidence in the agency. He needed to go so that the FBI can move on.

I just hope Comey writes a memoir someday so that we can understand why - for the love of God - he made the press conference that he did on July 5, 2016. It's still just totally bewildering why he did that.

alberchico wrote:

Maybe you should just bend over and kiss The Orange Menace's arse? And, yes, DFR, his idiocy swung the election to this buffoon that you think is so hot. Well, you're buffoon is going to get thrown out of Washington on his ass.

johnboy wrote:
I've taken screenshots of all the dumbasses in here smugly pontificating about 8 years of Trump.

Screenshots pontificating FOR or AGAINST him?

As for you taking screenshots, you need a life.
salttee wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:

Trump may have quashed the FBI investigation, but there is no way his Russian dealings can ever be swept under the rug now.

It was no different than Nixon fired Archibold Cox and asked for Elliot Richardson and William Ruckelshaus to resign in the Saturday Night Massacre. Fortunately, back then, the Republicans had a backbone and put nation over party and threw Dick Nixon out of office. I don't think today's Republicans neither have the morals, the desire or the backbone to do the same. They'd rather see the nation torn to shreds than do anything against a Republican President.
alberchico wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:

eaa3 wrote:

I hold out hope, but that's all it is. Many of them have their noses so far up 45's ass that they'll never see the light of day again. The hope is that in 2018, the Democrats win the House and Senate and then justice might be served.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

eaa3

Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 pm

This smells of desperation....

Ken777

Tue May 09, 2017 11:11 pm

There have already been comments about the Tuesday Afternoon Massacre - a strong reference of Nixon firing Archibald Cox, who was investigating him. FBI Director Comey WAS investigating Trump associates, and maybe Trump himself.

If Trump got wind that he was in trouble then this firing could be the start of the end of Trump. Very Nixonian indeed!

TWA772LR

Tue May 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Hillis wrote:
AirplaneWizard wrote:

First of all, stop with the bullshit of using his Apprentice slogan. This isn't a reality show. This is a serious matter and should be treated as such.

alberchico wrote:

For the same reason he fired Sally Yates: they're getting closer to uncovering the mess about Russia that will get him impeached and put in prison.

eaa3 wrote:

I'm anything but shocked with this Dictator. This is proof positive that he's hiding something big, and the ongoing investigation into him has been finding some juicy stuff about The Orange Menace.
DfwRevolution wrote:
alberchico wrote:
Why ???

alberchico wrote:

Maybe you should just bend over and kiss The Orange Menace's arse? And, yes, DFR, his idiocy swung the election to this buffoon that you think is so hot. Well, you're buffoon is going to get thrown out of Washington on his ass.

johnboy wrote:

Screenshots pontificating FOR or AGAINST him?

As for you taking screenshots, you need a life.
salttee wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:

It was no different than Nixon fired Archibold Cox and asked for Elliot Richardson and William Ruckelshaus to resign in the Saturday Night Massacre. Fortunately, back then, the Republicans had a backbone and put nation over party and threw Dick Nixon out of office. I don't think today's Republicans neither have the morals, the desire or the backbone to do the same. They'd rather see the nation torn to shreds than do anything against a Republican President.
alberchico wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:

I hold out hope, but that's all it is. Many of them have their noses so far up 45's ass that they'll never see the light of day again. The hope is that in 2018, the Democrats win the House and Senate and then justice might be served.

People will take you seriously when you grow a pair and refer to your President by his name. I haven't seen this level of immaturity since I was in 5th grade.

Also don't forget that Justice doesn't just mean a guilty verdict. I'm not speaking for or against Trump, but what would you do in 2018/19 if the Democrats take the House and Senate, impeach him, and legitimately find nothing wrong with Trump himself, cronies notwithstanding?
"It's not getting to the land of the nonrev that's the problem, it's getting back." ~~Captain Hector Barbossa
The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer.

alberchico

Tue May 09, 2017 11:32 pm

Ken777 wrote:
There have already been comments about the Tuesday Afternoon Massacre - a strong reference of Nixon firing Archibald Cox, who was investigating him. FBI Director Comey WAS investigating Trump associates, and maybe Trump himself.

If Trump got wind that he was in trouble then this firing could be the start of the end of Trump. Very Nixonian indeed!

The thing is Trump himself was not under any active investigation. In the worse case scenario it would it have been his ex associates like Flynn who would have been hung out to dry.

Okie

Tue May 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Looking like Trey Gowdy for a replacement?

Okie

NIKV69

Tue May 09, 2017 11:36 pm

alberchico wrote:

Not really you could have held the election the day after the primaries and the result would have been the same. The moment Hillary set up her own server she was toast.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

ER757

Tue May 09, 2017 11:46 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
alberchico wrote:
Why ???

Because he's lost the confidence of everyone. ....

This........ He really had to do it. I don't support much of what Trump's done so far, but really, Comey had to go.

NoTime

Wed May 10, 2017 12:00 am

johnboy wrote:

Wow. I don't know whether to laugh or feel really sad for you. Get outside every once in a while and get a life, man.

alberchico wrote:
Why ???

Well, here's a start...

10 FBI Scandals on Comey's Watch

dragon-wings

Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 am

If he was fired because of his handling of Clinton's email's then why didn't Trump fire him during his first week in office? Why did he wait until now?
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

BobPatterson

Wed May 10, 2017 12:12 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Also don't forget that Justice doesn't just mean a guilty verdict. I'm not speaking for or against Trump, but what would you do in 2018/19 if the Democrats take the House and Senate, impeach him, and legitimately find nothing wrong with Trump himself, cronies notwithstanding?

Excepting the fact that I do not agree with the wording of his rhetoric, I am happy that I find myself in agreement with Hillis on this issue.

Are you serious? Do you honestly think that the Senate sitting as a jury will find no fault with Mr. Trump after the House presents it with a lengthy list of indictments?

They've been piling up. Just the other day Mr. Trump issued an executive order to IRS telling them not to enforce a LAW.

Yet the Constitution that he has sworn to preserve, protect and defend specifies (Article II, Section 3) "...... he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed......"

It would not surprise me to see Mr. Trump resign, perhaps before the 2018 elections, and receive from President Pence a full and complete pardon in an attempt to put this sordid mess behind us.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

Mir

Wed May 10, 2017 12:12 am

DfwRevolution wrote:

Bull. Congress isn't a law-enforcement agency, nor an intelligence agency. It needs the expertise of the FBI in order to conduct a proper investigation, and if a Trump stooge is put at the head of the FBI and prevents the FBI from doing its job, whatever investigation Congress conducts will be handcuffed.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Mir

Wed May 10, 2017 12:13 am

dragon-wings wrote:
If he was fired because of his handling of Clinton's email's then why didn't Trump fire him during his first week in office? Why did he wait until now?

Because he wasn't fired over his handling of Clinton's emails, obviously.

dragon-wings

Wed May 10, 2017 12:19 am

Mir wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:

Because he wasn't fired over his handling of Clinton's emails, obviously.

Well I am watching TV now and they are saying that both the Deputy Attorney General and the Attorney General that the emails was the reason.

(The first line of this article says it)
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tru ... ey-n757101

salttee

Wed May 10, 2017 12:24 am

dragon-wings wrote:

Comey was fired the day after Sally Yates made several references to the fact that she could not divulge information that she knew about investigations into the Russian connection while the guy sitting next to her, James Clapper could say that he knew nothing about any Russian connection investigation. This could only be because Sally Yates had seen information of an FBI investigation that Clapper would have had no reason to have had access to.

Comey was obviously fired for his Russian connection investigation.

alberchico

Wed May 10, 2017 12:26 am

TWA772LR

BobPatterson wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

Excepting the fact that I do not agree with the wording of his rhetoric, I am happy that I find myself in agreement with Hillis on this issue.

Are you serious? Do you honestly think that the Senate sitting as a jury will find no fault with Mr. Trump after the House presents it with a lengthy list of indictments?

They've been piling up. Just the other day Mr. Trump issued an executive order to IRS telling them not to enforce a LAW.

Yet the Constitution that he has sworn to preserve, protect and defend specifies (Article II, Section 3) "...... he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed......"

It would not surprise me to see Mr. Trump resign, perhaps before the 2018 elections, and receive from President Pence a full and complete pardon in an attempt to put this sordid mess behind us.

The fact you think Pence won't be worse than Trump is laughable.
"It's not getting to the land of the nonrev that's the problem, it's getting back." ~~Captain Hector Barbossa
The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer.

NoTime

BobPatterson wrote:

Come on, Bob. That's a precedent set by the previous administration - the outright ignoring (and non-enforcement) of the "LAW."

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/06/o ... aws-077486

http://dailysignal.com/2014/02/14/7-tim ... tive-will/

Mir

Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 am

dragon-wings wrote:

Well I am watching TV now and they are saying that both the Deputy Attorney General and the Attorney General that the emails was the reason.

And you believe them?

dragon-wings

Wed May 10, 2017 12:32 am

Hopefully this will mark the start of his impeachment!

dragon-wings

Wed May 10, 2017 12:34 am

Mir wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:

And you believe them?

Nope. It's just a lame excuse.

Ken777

Wed May 10, 2017 12:38 am

alberchico wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

The thing is Trump himself was not under any active investigation. In the worse case scenario it would it have been his ex associates like Flynn who would have been hung out to dry.

We really don't know if Trump was identified as a subject of an investigation.

In my mind Trump might have been reacting (firing) two Federal Attorneys and now the Head of the FBI when there was a hint of a legal problem for Trump. That is, IMO, why there have been a lot of comments about the Nixonian nature of the firings.

Mir wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:

Bull. Congress isn't a law-enforcement agency, nor an intelligence agency. It needs the expertise of the FBI in order to conduct a proper investigation, and if a Trump stooge is put at the head of the FBI and prevents the FBI from doing its job, whatever investigation Congress conducts will be handcuffed.

A Congressional investigation can carry out an investigation and it is an Impeachment Committee in the House that can issue articles of impeachment. It is the Senate that acts as a jury.

If Sessions appoints a Trump Lap Dog to replace Comey then all hell is going to break loose within the FBI and Congress (and the news media) will get all the leaks needed to down Trump.

Trump's FUMARs will probably end up being a university level course for Political Science Departments. :tombstone:

ltbewr

Wed May 10, 2017 12:44 am

It isn't just the investigations of the possible involvement of Russia in the elections or of people in his administration or HRC's e-mails and the way Comey handled that investigations, but possible investigations as to Trump's violations of the Emoluments Clause, of his corrupting foreign investments and debts that could have triggered this firing.
To me it is an impeachable charge vs. Trump. It will be interesting how this will play out, and hopefully like Nixon, even his own party forcing him to resign and soon.

johnboy

Wed May 10, 2017 12:51 am

Oh trust me. I have a life. I'm in one of the top PhD programs in the country. I've marched with Occupy and Black Lives Matters. I've protested that rancid SF Archbishop and give to numerous liberal causes.

I'm not one of those snowflakes -- on the contrary, I wanna stick it to conservatives and make them pay for their collusion in helping denigrate this amazing country.

You know, the ones that looked the other way when Trump spouted misogynistic, racist BS during his campaign. The ones that continue to support his imperial agenda of hate and plutocracy. The ones that are ok with kicking 24 million people off of health care insurance.

You call it immature -- I call it payback.

(PS: this ain't the f'ing Vatican Curia, it's a message board. Get over yourselves.)

salttee

Wed May 10, 2017 12:56 am

IMO, in yesterday's testimony before the Senate, Sally Yates put the noose around Comey's neck. She all but announced that there was (or had been) an FBI investigation of the Russian connection taking place. Comey could no longer sweep any such investigation under the rug if he wanted to after her testimony.

And I believe that Trump took the bait she planted.

BobPatterson

Wed May 10, 2017 12:59 am

TWA772LR wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

I made no comment regarding the quality of Pence vs Trump.

However, he can't possibly be worse. C'mon.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

LAX772LR

Wed May 10, 2017 1:11 am

eaa3 wrote:
Treason with the Russians to undermine the election is the perhaps one of the most serious crimes you could commit. Even the republicans are not ok with treason with the Russians... I hope at least.

They'll throw 20million+ people off of healthcare, then throw themselves a congratulatory party about it......... but you don't believe they'd be okay with treason? Um, why?

TWA772LR wrote:

How do you figure?

Pence is nothing new to us-- just a religious yokel too afraid to try critical-thinking.
We've successfully dealt with that plenty of times in the past, so what's new?

Trump however, is unlike anything we've seen: a demagogue who not only defies political convention, but oftentimes linear logic. Yet, there's 25-33% of the country so enraptured by his cult of of personality, that they will endure any degree of logical contortion in order to rationalize the things he says..... often to the point of willful suspension of belief.

We've never seen anything like that before. And assuredly the likes of Pence or Ryan could never duplicate it.

Thus, getting back to the question at hand-- how on Earth would, or could, Pence be "worse" than Trump?
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

DIRECTFLT

Wed May 10, 2017 2:13 am

Golf Clap
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

salttee

Wed May 10, 2017 2:13 am

LAX772LR wrote:
how on Earth would, or could, Pence be "worse" than Trump?

If Trump blows it and is gone before a year is out and Pence lasts 3 years, you'll probably find out.

Pence is pretty far gone with his magic man in the sky and all.

WarRI1

Wed May 10, 2017 2:30 am

Oh! what a tangled web Trump weaves and he sure practices to deceive. :liar: :liar: :liar:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

stlgph

Wed May 10, 2017 2:40 am

1. If you're surprised by the firing of Comey, wow, you're just dumb.

2. On the argument of Pence being worse than Trump ... remember kids, Pence knows the system and knows how to play ball and will drive the ship right into his extreme right views. Trump is an outsider and just makes shit up as he goes along. Trump is a gift compared to Pence.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Hillis

Wed May 10, 2017 2:43 am

B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

Hillis

Wed May 10, 2017 2:45 am

BobPatterson wrote:
However, he can't possibly be worse. C'mon.

Watch "The Handmaid's Tale". That's the kind of world Pence and far too many in the GOP want to create.

Yes, he could be worse, but on a different plane.

Francoflier

Wed May 10, 2017 2:50 am

Trump is cutting heads like they're lit fuses burning straight towards him... It does reek of desperation, even if Comey was genuinely starting to be a semi permanent fixture in the news for all the wrong reasons, which is not where someone who heads the FBI belongs.

It will be interesting to see who supersedes Comey, in so far as anybody does as the Trump administration is still mostly an empty shell of a government, due to the very fact that Trump himself can't trust most people...

But as someone said above, he'd have to fire everybody in the FBI to make that investigation go away, and I'm pretty sure most people in there are no very sympathetic to him, he made sure of that when he led a full on attack on government intelligence agencies almost literally on his first day in office.

At least the Trump administration has the merit of being entertaining. The man might be absolutely incompetent for the job he currently holds, but he never stopped being good at attracting attention, which is his only quality and the one he gloats about the most to prop his massive ego up.

LAX772LR wrote:
Trump however, is unlike anything we've seen: a demagogue who not only defies political convention, but oftentimes linear logic. Yet, there's 25-33% of the country so enraptured by his cult of of personality, that they will endure any degree of logical contortion in order to rationalize the things he says..... often to the point of willful suspension of belief.

Great summary. I love it.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

alberchico

Wed May 10, 2017 3:41 am

What happens now ? Trump appoints a stooge that squelches any Russia investigations and the Republicans block all attempts by the Dems to appoint a special prosecutor ???

Francoflier

Wed May 10, 2017 4:18 am

alberchico wrote:
What happens now ? Trump appoints a stooge that squelches any Russia investigations and the Republicans block all attempts by the Dems to appoint a special prosecutor ???

Republicans enjoy a firm grip on the Government, one that many only ever dreamed of. They seemingly want to take advantage of this opportunity to tighten their grip even more, and to pass as many of the laws that help the rich and corporations at the expense of the average American as possible while they're there.

And if retaining that golden opportunity means harboring and defending a traitor because he's their ticket to power, then so be it.
They seem to have no problem with their conscience when pushing laws which will drive millions off healthcare, possibly to their death, cutting taxes for the rich, helping corporations consolidate their grasp on the market and the public by deregulating and allowing them to destroy the environment further... So I doubt helping Trump hide his ties to Russia, his tax return and the personal financial gains he's achieving by using the office will prevent them from sleeping at night.

However, the investigation might reach a critical mass from where the Republicans who support him will suddenly want to distance themselves from him for fear of going down in flames with him. When that happens, they will run away from him like flies from a cow pie that's been set on fire.

Trump appears to be trying hard to prevent the investigation from reaching that point of no return...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

LAX772LR

Wed May 10, 2017 4:39 am

salttee wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
how on Earth would, or could, Pence be "worse" than Trump?

If Trump blows it and is gone before a year is out and Pence lasts 3 years, you'll probably find out.
Pence is pretty far gone with his magic man in the sky and all.

Hillis wrote:
Watch "The Handmaid's Tale". That's the kind of world Pence and far too many in the GOP want to create.

stlgph wrote:
remember kids, Pence knows the system and knows how to play ball and will drive the ship right into his extreme right views.

That's heavy on fearmongering rhetoric, but short on any specifics as requested.

Again, we've handled religious fanatics before, at all levels of government; some incredibly savvy, some blatantly stupid. That is not new to us.
What then makes Pence any different than the other religious loonies that we've successfully dealt with before?
Last edited by LAX772LR on Wed May 10, 2017 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

seahawk

Wed May 10, 2017 4:57 am

Well done. He did spent too much time investigating a lie, time he should have spent bringing Hillary to justice and behind the bars.

Aesma

Wed May 10, 2017 4:59 am

I received a notification about this on my phone at 6AM. It's a French app not one supposed to give me news about internal US matters.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

LAX772LR

Wed May 10, 2017 5:00 am

seahawk wrote:
He did spent too much time investigating a lie

That all the other 16 intelligence agencies (plus the UK's in addition) all unanimously agree concurred?

See folks-- that right there is the "willful suspension of belief" that I mentioned earlier:
Facts be damned, I already have my opinion!