Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

stratosphere
Topic Author

Aaron Hernandez found dead in cell

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:58 am

Here ya go folks. Here is a guy who had it all but chose to live the thug life and is a murderer. I am glad he offed himself will save the taxpayer some money and the world will be better off without him. Wish we could get Michael Vick to follow suit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/5809fb78-f6c7 ... found.html

WarRI1

Re: Aaron Hernandez found dead in cell

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 am

I have no sympathy, he had every chance to succeed in sports and life and he blew it. The gang mentality was too strong along with his ego.

TWA772LR

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:55 am

The man who had it all, to throw it all away.
stratosphere wrote:
Here ya go folks. Here is a guy who had it all but chose to live the thug life and is a murderer. I am glad he offed himself will save the taxpayer some money and the world will be better off without him. Wish we could get Michael Vick to follow suit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/5809fb78-f6c7 ... found.html

Supporting a dog fighting ring is no where near the level of murder and Vick actually was reformed by the system. Your comment on Vick is way uncalled for.

vikkyvik

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:01 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Wish we could get Michael Vick to follow suit.

That's quite extreme, no?

I don't even wish that Hernandez had committed suicide, as much as I despise him.

jetwet1

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:46 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
I have no sympathy, he had every chance to succeed in sports and life and he blew it. The gang mentality was too strong along with his ego.

Could not have said it better.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 pm

apparently he committed suicide because under the state of Massachusetts law. If you die during a appeal of a conviction automatically the original conviction becomes null and void which means he never violated the New England Patriots contract thus his daughter is entitled to million's the patriots withheld in bonus and base salary.

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/0 ... r-suicide/

i did want to add, that he and the person he killed were living the american dream thanks to sports world. I think Hernandez and Vicks are both sociopaths. They were and are pure evil. Vick may have modified his behavior but he's not reformed.once a sociopath always a sociopath imo

case in point. Hernandez committed suicide for the sole purpose of scamming the Patriots. Vicks reforming his behavior to make the big bucks professionally.

DDR

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm

No matter what, it's sad when someone feels that they would be better off dead. This was a troubled young man and I feel sorry for his four year old daughter. And no, she won't grow up rich. Most of Aaron's money went to the lawyers.

TWA772LR

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
case in point. Hernandez committed suicide for the sole purpose of scamming the Patriots. Vicks reforming his behavior to make the big bucks professionally.

He might as well do something right for his daughter since he was going to die in prison anyway. As for Vick, he has stated and shown that he is sorry for what he did, even by lobbying for an anti-dog fighting bill prohibiting spectators from bringing children to the matches (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/19/washin ... hpt=po_bn1). And judging by the fact that he is still playing shows that he actually is a good quarterback to the point where a team has him as the starter; but in February announced his retirement. There are many other convicts in the league. Plaxico Burress returned to the league after he was arrested for having an unlicensed firearm (that they only found because he accidentally shot himself in the leg), for an example.

MaverickM11

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Sounds like he really lost his way after his father died, and then there was an abusive step father, but I haven't followed the story closely. In any case sad for all the lives destroyed, and I wonder what could have set him on a better path.

ltbewr

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:38 am

After a bit of hassle by the local coroner, Arron's brain will go to the CTE study group at Boston University, a group supported by the NFL. One has to wonder if brain damage was a factor in his violent behavior. At least something good will come out of him.

LAX772LR

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Dude just got acquitted on a double-murder, and was set to file an appeal on his original conviction-- which, if one, could've potentially salvaged some of the money he was contracted for.

THEN he offs HIMSELF?
....fishy.

I don't have all the facts, obviously. But just seems so odd on its face.

TWA772LR

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Dude just got acquitted on a double-murder, and was set to file an appeal on his original conviction-- which, if one, could've potentially salvaged some of the money he was contracted for.

THEN he offs HIMSELF?
....fishy.

I don't have all the facts, obviously. But just seems so odd on its face.

The conscience can weigh heavy on the soul.

LAX772LR

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:51 pm

TWA772LR wrote:

Perhaps, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say:
Not when you stand to potentially regain your freedom and millions of bucks, especially if you're still holding out that you didn't do it.

Now had he been convicted of the double-murder on top of the current one, then yeah, I can totally see it.

This? Fishy AF.

TWA772LR

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

Perhaps, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say:
Not when you stand to potentially regain your freedom and millions of bucks, especially if you're still holding out that you didn't do it.

Now had he been convicted of the double-murder on top of the current one, then yeah, I can totally see it.

This? Fishy AF.

As far as I see it, it is a guilty plea. He knew what he did and I probably would do the same as him if I were in prison with a life term without parole. Similar to how Nixon knew he would lose any impeachment/indictment because he knew of the evidence the House and Senate had, so he took the quick way and resigned.

LAX772LR

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:07 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
As far as I see it, it is a guilty plea. He knew what he did and I probably would do the same as him if I were in prison with a life term without parole. Similar to how Nixon knew he would lose any impeachment/indictment because he knew of the evidence the House and Senate had, so he took the quick way and resigned.

We're branching off into different things:
I'm saying, I find it suspect that this was a suicide at all. I don't trust prison cops for a second to tell the real truth, so of course we'll never know, barring some forensic shocker.

You seem to be describing what might be the motive, behind what's assuredly suicide.

727LOVER

Tue May 09, 2017 4:05 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
apparently he committed suicide because under the state of Massachusetts law. If you die during a appeal of a conviction automatically the original conviction becomes null and void which means he never violated the New England Patriots contract thus his daughter is entitled to million's the patriots withheld in bonus and base salary..

...and the judge just vacated the conviction.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aaron ... 10324.html