Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

golfradio

Re: Muslim man lynched in India by Hindu extremists

Mon May 01, 2017 6:38 pm

ElPistolero wrote:
Interesting that you voted Conservative federally, given the whole C-24 issue (two classes of citizenship) and the 905's rejection of it. As a society/community defining issue, it was far more consequential than M-103. But then again, I accept that some immigrants might find it easier to vote in favour of two-tiered citizenship than to vote for people of certain faiths.

Maybe Leitch is right; maybe we do need more testing for potential immigrants on values.

Not sure if your insinuation was toward me but if it is, I take exception to it. C-24 applies to me as I am a landed immigrant and now a naturalized citizen. I always question the underlying motive for any issue. Am I likely to commit and found guilty of serious criminal activities? No. Do I need to get worried no. Yes if I was a kook, I could hypothesize that I am unfairly arrested and charged and hence could lose my citizenship. But then I don't suffer from persecution complex and don't need a tin foil hat. I have faith in the judicial system of Canada. This is my country now and I am sure it won't fail me.

Now M-103 is something that seriously affects me personally. It prevents my right to speak up about issues that affect me and my kids every day in the Peel region. I am not going to go into details but Google and search about Friday prayers in Peel schools. This is just a minor issue. There are some major issues currently plaguing schools in the GTA. Forget about drawings but even simple voices that are genuine and meant to initiate a dialog can now be easily deemed islamophobic. In a country which represents every imaginable religion from the world, the last thing I wanted for Canada was to go down this path of religious identity and protections. A muslim in Canada needs no more protections than a hindu or a sikh.

For me the two issues are not dichotomous. Easy to view it objectively. Any way I understand that for most people things are black and white and not shades of grey.

ElPistolero

Mon May 01, 2017 7:29 pm

golfradio wrote:

Not sure if your insinuation was toward me but if it is, I take exception to it. C-24 applies to me as I am a landed immigrant and now a naturalized citizen. I always question the underlying motive for any issue. Am I likely to commit and found guilty of serious criminal activities? No. Do I need to get worried no. Yes if I was a kook, I could hypothesize that I am unfairly arrested and charged and hence could lose my citizenship. But then I don't suffer from persecution complex and don't need a tin foil hat. I have faith in the judicial system of Canada. This is my country now and I am sure it won't fail me.

Now M-103 is something that seriously affects me personally. It prevents my right to speak up about issues that affect me and my kids every day in the Peel region. I am not going to go into details but Google and search about Friday prayers in Peel schools. This is just a minor issue. There are some major issues currently plaguing schools in the GTA. Forget about drawings but even simple voices that are genuine and meant to initiate a dialog can now be easily deemed islamophobic. In a country which represents every imaginable religion from the world, the last thing I wanted for Canada was to go down this path of religious identity and protections. A muslim in Canada needs no more protections than a hindu or a sikh.

For me the two issues are not dichotomous. Easy to view it objectively. Any way I understand that for most people things are black and white and not shades of grey.

Very interesting. Certainly provides a lot of insight into your arguments.

To be clear, C-24 was (or rather, became) a law that would revoke some Canadians citizenship (but not others) for committing the exact same crime(s). It was eventually repealed because it was seen as being unequal (and primarily affecting recent immigrants).

M-103 was/is a relatively meaningless motion that likely wasn't even conceived when the election took place. The timelines suggest that M-103 couldn't have decided your vote. Based on your comments, I'll leave it to others to decide if the religion of the candidates had any bearing on how you voted, which in turn may help us all understand your views on the treatment of Muslims in India.

It's also interesting that you view issues exclusively through the prism of how they affect you (ie - I won't do XYZ, therefore this law creating two classes of citizens doesn't affect me and is of no consequence to me). For some of us (evidently the majority of those who live in the 905) the idea of two classes of citizenship is unacceptable.

I think that's the fundamental crux in our disagreement. I see issues as being problematic on the basis of their intellectual merit: should a minority's rights be impeded to suit the whims of the majority - like the beef ban and its implicit support for punitive action against those who eat beef? Or should we have two classes of citizens?

Doesn't surprise me, then, that you have no issue with the treatment of Muslims in this case. After all, you don't eat beef and you're not a Muslim, so no problem eh? As for the bans, nothing wrong with impeding others rights since it only affects people who're not Hindu.

And on M-103, no it doesn't stop you from voicing your views. The municipality might, but the motion doesn't. Pretty sure it does not stop you from saying or doing whatever you want. After all, it's not a law.

Also, what happened at Peel wasn't about starting a dialog. Tearing books and ranting rarely leads to dialog.

golfradio

Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 pm

I never claimed I voted conservative because of M-103. Look at the history that riding before 2013 when the boundaries were redrawn and look at the kook that used to represent it. I don't think Carolyn Parrish follows the same religion as the incumbent. No matter how you redraw that riding it is always a left wing nut on the ticket.

I know M-103 is not a law but it has forever changed how religious dialog is carried out here. Islam is the second biggest religion in Canada but number of followers yet M-103 had to be only about Islamophobia. The MP refused any compromise on rewording the motion to include other minority religions.

Regarding Peel, have you been following the issue since it started? Given your understanding of the issue which seems to be from a quick google search, I think not.
You can follow the media and come to the quick conclusion you came to or do more research and understand how things evolved. I was in the PDSB meetings since September 2016. And that brings me full circle to why I participated in this thread. Question the role of a biased media in shaping popular opinions.

I have spent enough of my time here.

ElPistolero

Mon May 01, 2017 11:16 pm

golfradio wrote:
I never claimed I voted conservative because of M-103. Look at the history that riding before 2013 when the boundaries were redrawn and look at the kook that used to represent it. I don't think Carolyn Parrish follows the same religion as the incumbent. No matter how you redraw that riding it is always a left wing nut on the ticket.

I know M-103 is not a law but it has forever changed how religious dialog is carried out here. Islam is the second biggest religion in Canada but number of followers yet M-103 had to be only about Islamophobia. The MP refused any compromise on rewording the motion to include other minority religions.

Regarding Peel, have you been following the issue since it started? Given your understanding of the issue which seems to be from a quick google search, I think not.
You can follow the media and come to the quick conclusion you came to or do more research and understand how things evolved. I was in the PDSB meetings since September 2016. And that brings me full circle to why I participated in this thread. Question the role of a biased media in shaping popular opinions.

I have spent enough of my time here.

Let's be clear: M-103 condemns "Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination", which in theory covers every religion. You seem to be upset that it only refers to Islamophobia.

Alright, but it's hardly unique or new. Previous motions have referred to only Coptic Christians in one motion (Oct 2011), Yazidis in another motion (Oct 2016) and Jews in a third motion (Feb 2016). Those were all uncontroversial; why is this controversial? Because it involves Islam?

Biased media or not, it looks like you're deliberately misrepresenting reality. First you say that you voted conservative while referencing the fact that your Muslim Liberal MP was behind M-103 (what might one reasonably infer from that?). Then you argue that M-103 "prevents"your "right to speak up about issues", when it quite clearly does not. Then you criticize the fact that M-103 referred to only one minority religion even though this is common practice in Parliament.

M-103 has no impact on any dialog. Or indeed anything. The leader of the Conservative Party has said as much. The Canadian Civil Liberties Association has made it clear that it has no impact on freedom of speech. I think it's quite clear it isn't going to change religious dialogue (or anything) "forever".

Yet here you are characterizing attacks on Muslims as "situation normal" (Human Rights Watch disagrees), and propagating falsehoods about a fairly meaningless motion (that has precedent) solely because it condemns attacks on Muslims.

Careful - your words may be measured, but your mask is slipping.

golfradio

Tue May 02, 2017 12:36 am

Careful, you are now attempting ad hominem. Here's what I wrote:

I vote conservative federally if you must know. The liberal MP is the left wing nut who proposed and had others like her pass the motion M-103. Provincially, I voted for the Green Party when I was in a different riding. The conservative candidate was too far right off the centre and the liberal was a bleeding heart.

And here's how you choose to read it

ElPistolero wrote:
The timelines suggest that M-103 couldn't have decided your vote. Based on your comments, I'll leave it to others to decide if the religion of the candidates had any bearing on how you voted, which in turn may help us all understand your views on the treatment of Muslims in India.

I restated again in #63 to check on the history of the riding to the time of Carolyn Parrish, yet you deliberately choose to infer that I voted conservative only because of M-103 or because of the religion of the incumbent. Looks like you want to discredit me.

ElPistolero wrote:
Yet here you are characterizing attacks on Muslims as "situation normal" (Human Rights Watch disagrees), and propagating falsehoods about a fairly meaningless motion (that has precedent) solely because it condemns attacks on Muslims.

About M-103, you seem to be hung up on the semantics of the word "prevent". OK if you are going to read it literally then I will change it to "discourage". M-103 is going to discourage me from speaking up hence forth. That is a truth. It is how I and many other people (Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews and others. All the people who were in those PDSB meetings and signed a petition ) are going to feel. Particularly due to folks like you who are going to question the motives and automatically deem it as Islamophobic. Shame people as being Islamophobic to stop any dialog or expressing how they feel about certain issues.

You claim I am spreading falsehoods on the basis of a two line reference in a BBC article? Sloppy. How about some actual data?

Here's some:

https://factly.in/communal-incidents-in ... n-8-states

ElPistolero

Tue May 02, 2017 1:54 am

golfradio wrote:
Careful, you are now attempting ad hominem. Here's what I wrote:

I vote conservative federally if you must know. The liberal MP is the left wing nut who proposed and had others like her pass the motion M-103. Provincially, I voted for the Green Party when I was in a different riding. The conservative candidate was too far right off the centre and the liberal was a bleeding heart.

And here's how you choose to read it

ElPistolero wrote:
The timelines suggest that M-103 couldn't have decided your vote. Based on your comments, I'll leave it to others to decide if the religion of the candidates had any bearing on how you voted, which in turn may help us all understand your views on the treatment of Muslims in India.

I restated again in #63 to check on the history of the riding to the time of Carolyn Parrish, yet you deliberately choose to infer that I voted conservative only because of M-103 or because of the religion of the incumbent. Looks like you want to discredit me.

ElPistolero wrote:

About M-103, you seem to be hung up on the semantics of the word "prevent". OK if you are going to read it literally then I will change it to "discourage". M-103 is going to discourage me from speaking up hence forth. That is a truth. It is how I and many other people (Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews and others. All the people who were in those PDSB meetings and signed a petition ) are going to feel. Particularly due to folks like you who are going to question the motives and automatically deem it as Islamophobic. Shame people as being Islamophobic to stop any dialog or expressing how they feel about certain issues.

You claim I am spreading falsehoods on the basis of a two line reference in a BBC article? Sloppy. How about some actual data?

Here's some:

https://factly.in/communal-incidents-in ... n-8-states

Not really. Just found your decision to mention M-103 in the context of your federal election vote very odd.

As for M-103, it contains no punitive measures of any sort. It can't. It's not a law. It doesn't have the tools to "prevent" or "discourage" anything. It only condemns islamophobia and religious discrimination. Again, the leader of the opposition and the Canadian Civil Liberties Association have made it clear that it has no impact on freedom of speech. You appear to be insisting that it does because it condemns islamophobia. I suppose that's problematic if one wants to engage in Islamophobia, but it seems innocuous in every other respect. It doesn't prescribe any sort of punishment nor does it demand the end of all critiques of Islam, so it's hard to see how it can discourage anything (even the soldiers of Odin). After all, does condemnation of anti-semitism / anti-Christianity / anti-Yazidi actions have the same "discouraging" effect?

As for sloppy reporting, here's more than two lines of sloppy reporting on what the issue being discussed in this thread is. It was published days ago.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/04/27/ind ... e-violence

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 am

9w748capt wrote:
The hell? You are 110% WRONG on that one. Absolutely off base. Indian-Americans (irrespective of religion) are among the most successful ethnic groups (if not the most successful) in the US and Canada.

They are successful yes, but are they integrated into the mainstream? Have they assimilated Canadian/American values fully? Would disagree with you on that one. Well if desis had integrated as successfully into the mainstream and had assimilated the Western values, you wouldnt see the kind of despicable defense of bigotry that we have seen on this board from golfradio & BarfBag.

9w748capt wrote:
On a side note - we all agree that the crimes against minorities in India are wrong and uncalled for. No one disagrees there. But you also seem to completely gloss over the history of Islam and it's spread throughout the subcontinent (and world, really). You seem to totally forgive aurangzeb and his ilk for attempting to wipe out Hinduism/Buddhism/Jainism but demonize the radical Hindus and their actions today. I have to say attitudes like yours do nothing but motivate the RSS-types today.

Sorry! But that is classic whataboutery! Crimes against minority Muslims & Christians are wrong. PERIOD.

What Aurangzeb did 400 years ago was despicable, but it cannot be an excuse for public lynching of Muslims today. You ask that we understand the "historical perspective" on why the RSS exists and why they do all that they do? ISIS/al-Qaeda supporters spin similar excuses on why they exist and why they do what they do. Should we "understand the historical perspective" with them too and go easy on them?

I am a proud Hindu too. Proud of my culture and our tradition of inclusion. That is what Hinduism teaches us. And what the RSS is doing goes against the very grain of Hindu Dharma. Lynching people who think & live differently is NOT our culture. And I will not stand by and watch as RSS terrorists hijack my religion for political gain.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue May 02, 2017 2:18 am

ElPistolero wrote:
As for sloppy reporting, here's more than two lines of sloppy reporting on what the issue being discussed in this thread is. It was published days ago.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/04/27/ind ... e-violence

HRW and other media like Guardian & NYT that cover these anti-RSS stories are "left wing kooks" with no credibility.

- Signed -
Shoot the messenger brigade

9w748capt

Tue May 02, 2017 3:24 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
The hell? You are 110% WRONG on that one. Absolutely off base. Indian-Americans (irrespective of religion) are among the most successful ethnic groups (if not the most successful) in the US and Canada.

They are successful yes, but are they integrated into the mainstream? Have they assimilated Canadian/American values fully? Would disagree with you on that one. Well if desis had integrated as successfully into the mainstream and had assimilated the Western values, you wouldnt see the kind of despicable defense of bigotry that we have seen on this board from golfradio & BarfBag.

WTF? Are you effing kidding me? What does that even mean? What does assimilating Canadian/American values fully mean? Having a job? A family? Buying a house? Going to the gym? Having American/Canadian friends? Going out for a drink or two after work? Buying a car? Going out with friends to watch the Cubbies? Just curious - have you actually been to the US or Canada? Do you actually have any friends or family here? Just curious what your experience has been. There has to be a reason that you're spouting off such unbelievable nonsense.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 am

9w748capt wrote:
WTF? Are you effing kidding me? What does that even mean? What does assimilating Canadian/American values fully mean? Having a job? A family? Buying a house? Going to the gym? Having American/Canadian friends? Going out for a drink or two after work? Buying a car? Going out with friends to watch the Cubbies? Just curious - have you actually been to the US or Canada? Do you actually have any friends or family here? Just curious what your experience has been. There has to be a reason that you're spouting off such unbelievable nonsense.

Thank you @9w748capt for that wonderful post. I couldn't have better explained the US/Canada resident bhakt myself.

Canadian/American values are not just about having a job or buying a house. The fact that you define these values with such a narrow perspective shows you haven't even begun to understand what these mean.

9w748capt wrote:
Just curious - have you actually been to the US or Canada? Do you actually have any friends or family here? Just curious what your experience has been. There has to be a reason that you're spouting off such unbelievable nonsense.

Yes. Speaking about Western values of freedom, rationalism, self-criticism, separation of church and state, rule of law, equality before law, freedom of conscience & expression, human rights, liberal democracy - these are all "unbelievable nonsense".

Using the brutality of some medieval emperor 400 years back to justify the lynching of innocents today - Now that is the satwik truth ain't it? Shows how well you have integrated within society in your adopted country.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Fri May 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Another incident yesterday - this time in Bulandshahar, UP. 3 incidents/week on average since Hindu Yuva Vahini Chief became Chief Minister of the state.

Mob lynches Muslim man in UP’s Bulandshahr

Police said the suspects were enraged over a Muslim boy and a Hindu girl eloping last week and thrashed 55-year-old Gulam Mohammad on Tuesday when he was unable to divulge details of the absconding couple.

3 accused have been arrested. It remains to be seen if charges are pressed and followed through. In most cases so far, the police/home department fail to press the charges in court allowing the accused to get bail within a month.

ElPistolero

Fri May 05, 2017 4:19 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
Another incident yesterday - this time in Bulandshahar, UP. 3 incidents/week on average since Hindu Yuva Vahini Chief became Chief Minister of the state.

Mob lynches Muslim man in UP’s Bulandshahr

Police said the suspects were enraged over a Muslim boy and a Hindu girl eloping last week and thrashed 55-year-old Gulam Mohammad on Tuesday when he was unable to divulge details of the absconding couple.

3 accused have been arrested. It remains to be seen if charges are pressed and followed through. In most cases so far, the police/home department fail to press the charges in court allowing the accused to get bail within a month.

Meh. "Situation normal" and all that.

Imagine this: "Hindu-American beaten up in America by Christian mob after Hindu son elopes with Christian girl"

What kind of response do you think that would get from some of the posters here?

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Fri May 05, 2017 4:32 pm

ElPistolero wrote:

Meh. "Situation normal" and all that.

Imagine this: "Hindu-American beaten up in America by Christian mob after Hindu son elopes with Christian girl"

What kind of response do you think that would get from some of the posters here?

As one teenaged "defender of the faith" on the Hate Crime Thread put it: "White Christian Terrorist attack innocent Hindus."

Yet another attack today in Noida, just a few miles away from the Nation's capital. That's 4 incidents this week alone.

Mistaken as Muslims, 2 men thrashed by Hindu vigilantes in Greater Noida

9w748capt

Wed May 10, 2017 9:25 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

Thank you @9w748capt for that wonderful post. I couldn't have better explained the US/Canada resident bhakt myself.

Canadian/American values are not just about having a job or buying a house. The fact that you define these values with such a narrow perspective shows you haven't even begun to understand what these mean.

9w748capt wrote:
Just curious - have you actually been to the US or Canada? Do you actually have any friends or family here? Just curious what your experience has been. There has to be a reason that you're spouting off such unbelievable nonsense.

Yes. Speaking about Western values of freedom, rationalism, self-criticism, separation of church and state, rule of law, equality before law, freedom of conscience & expression, human rights, liberal democracy - these are all "unbelievable nonsense".

Using the brutality of some medieval emperor 400 years back to justify the lynching of innocents today - Now that is the satwik truth ain't it? Shows how well you have integrated within society in your adopted country.

Hahaha I haven't begun to understand what they mean? Who the hell do you think you are? Have you even ever set foot in the US or Canada? Do you at all know what life is actually like here? Or have you just bought into the lies and propaganda of god knows what? Do you actually read the nonsense you're spewing? Hahaha and okay - yeah clearly my post above was the whole and entire definition of what "US/Canadian values are". So now you're saying that Indian-Americans in the US don't believe in freedom of religion? We don't believe in laws? In freedom of speech? We don't believe in the ability to vote for our current fascist dictator? What the hell are you smoking?

News flash, the democratic ideals of freedom, separation of church and state, human rights - they aren't at all limited to the "West." Many Eastern countries also espouse these values. Many citizens of eastern countries also enjoy similar freedoms and rights.

You continue to pound the straw man - neither me nor anyone else has justified the murder of innocent civilians today - of any religion. But you continue to accuse us of the same. Either your reading comprehension is just that poor or you're in denial - which is it?

Oh but my bad - because you don't think we've assimilated into American/Canadian society, that means we haven't. Hahahah because you would know! GTFO dude.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Thu May 11, 2017 12:49 am

9w748capt wrote:
You continue to pound the straw man - neither me nor anyone else has justified the murder of innocent civilians today - of any religion. But you continue to accuse us of the same.

Scroll up this thread. Read the whataboutery in every post made by you and some other US resident desi's. The references to Aurangzeb's bigotry. And so on.

9w748capt wrote:
Either your reading comprehension is just that poor or you're in denial - which is it?

Exactly. Either your reading comprehension is poor or you are in denial. Which is it?

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Mon May 22, 2017 12:14 am

Friday, May 19: SEVEN lynching incidents in ONE day - this has got to be a new record. A shameful milestone in India's rapid descent into anarchy.

Pictures of Jharkhand Muslim Begging for Life Capture Brutality of Continuing Killings and New Mob Rule

JAMSHEDPUR (Jharkhand) In the last photographs taken of him, Mohammed Naeem is pleading to a group of villagers as blood trickles down from his head. Half of his body is soaked in red. His shirt presumably ripped away, and dirt marks on his pants suggest he was kicked repeatedly. Hands folded, the father of three struggles to convince the people surrounding him that he is innocent.

But they lynch him anyway.

Naeem was the last of four people to be beaten to death on Thursday by villagers in Sobhapur, less than an hour’s drive from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand’s most populous city.

Another group of three were lynched less than 20 kilometres away.

Naeem’s last moments became the face of a string of attacks in the state triggered by rumours spread on WhatsApp that child abduction gangs are on the prowl.

blrsea

Mon May 22, 2017 3:27 am

In India, especially in rural areas, the police strength is very less. And when its spread out like in forest and tribal areas like Jharkhand , and also no proper roads etc, it becomes difficult to cover them fully.

Initially, when some muslims were killed, the Huffington Post first had the article blaming it on cow-protectors and calling it communal (similar to the strategy in the above post ). Not to be left behind, our "secular" journos started tweeting that mobs are killing muslims all over the country! Then when the truth came out that similar lynchings had happened and hindus too were killed, they quietly changed the headline and continued as though nothing happened. Look at the article above, trying to portray as though it was religion based killing just to justify their bias and promote that only community is being targeted!

Jharkhand lynching: Our outrage is selective, and also possibly discriminatory

In a day-long orgy of violence triggered by a WhatsApp message spreading unfounded rumours of traffickers on the prowl to abduct children, villagers in the interiors of Jharkhand turned into blood-thirsty killers and lynched seven people.

A week earlier, other villagers had killed two others in the same region. The victims begged and pleaded to be spared, but the mob was unsparing. The crime was as brutal as it could get.
It would, of course, have been a far bigger story had the murderous mob stopped in the morning after killing three Muslim traders. That would have fitted into the current dominant narrative on rising communal strife sweeping the country. But by evening, several Hindus also fell victim to the mindless violence, and the story lost its sting .

Jamshedpur simmers after seven brutal lynchings

On Thursday seven people were lynched in two separate incidents — four at Raj Nagar in Saraikela-Kharwawan district and three at Nagadih under Bagbera police station. Those killed at Raj Nagar were Muslims, said to be cattle traders while in Nagadi the dead were all Hindus.

“14 persons have been arrested from Mango in the Jamsedhpur town. While ten of them were involved in stone pelting on Saturday, four have been behind orchestrating the violence on Saturday,” Mr Kumar said.

It took the police by surprise, as it was spontaneous.

Jharkhand lynching: Community leaders, activists blame ‘curse of social media’

A WhatsApp message warning against gangs of traffickers accompanied with graphic pictures of wounded and murdered children whipped up fears, driving parents over the edge.

“This is the curse of social media, which has become a frenzy in villages. For nearly a fortnight, people were guarding villages with weapons,” a tribal leader and BJP state committee member Ramesh Hansda said on Saturday.

He visited some of the violence-hit areas and was trying to calm people’s fear but it was a sensitive issue.

High rate of illiteracy among tribals is a problem, too. People believe every message or picture they receive, without questioning their veracity.
The fear for their children was so deep that people were not willing to listen to any political leader or social worker, Amar Murmu, a resident of Kudada village, said.

“Whoever tries to stop them from attacking strangers is branded an agent of child-lifters and is threatened with similar consequences,” he said.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Mon May 22, 2017 8:55 am

blrsea wrote:
In India, especially in rural areas, the police strength is very less. And when its spread out like in forest and tribal areas like Jharkhand , and also no proper roads etc, it becomes difficult to cover them fully.

Initially, when some muslims were killed, the Huffington Post first had the article blaming it on cow-protectors and calling it communal (similar to the strategy in the above post ).

Nice Try! But WHERE in the "post above" have I blamed cow-protectors? But now that you mention it, atleast a dozen "tribals" involved in the latest Jharkhand episode were members of the Vanvasi Kalyan Sangh - an affiliate of the RSS.

Lets understand the defense strategy of these GauMutra drinking bhakts. First there is the whataboutery - What about Malda? What about Godhra? Then there is Aurangzeb defense! Then we have seen the "its not very common", "it happens only in the villages" defense - as if Alwar, Noida, Jhajjar and other places were lynchings happened within the last 30 days were small villages.

But pretending that the incidents of lynchings (over 50 in the past year - almost all of Muslim) were not communal involves a whole new level of hypocrisy. But NRI desi's, whether in Vancourver or Seattle, have shown us on this thread and others how they excel at double-standards!

blrsea

Mon May 22, 2017 9:18 am

BawliBooch wrote:
blrsea wrote:

Initially, when some muslims were killed, the Huffington Post first had the article blaming it on cow-protectors and calling it communal (similar to the strategy in the above post ).

Nice Try! But WHERE in the "post above" have I blamed cow-protectors? But now that you mention it, atleast a dozen "tribals" involved in the latest Jharkhand episode were members of the Vanvasi Kalyan Sangh - an affiliate of the RSS.

Your link to an article which implies only muslims were killed(note that it doesn't mention hindus were killed too), and posting it in a thread about muslim lynchings shows your mischief. If the members of vanvasi kalyan sangh were involved(again no one else is saying this), why are they lynching hindus too, unless the issue is NOT about hindus or muslims?? But why spoil your delusions, keep at it.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2017 2:55 am

blrsea wrote:
Your link to an article which implies only muslims were killed(note that it doesn't mention hindus were killed too), and posting it in a thread about muslim lynchings shows your mischief. If the members of vanvasi kalyan sangh were involved(again no one else is saying this), why are they lynching hindus too, unless the issue is NOT about hindus or muslims?? But why spoil your delusions, keep at it.

Read the link within the article. It clearly says "4 Muslims & 3 Hindus were killed after false rumors spread on WhatsApp".

It really shouldnt matter since the core issue is of lynch mobs running wild all over India targetting people and the complete breakdown of law & order machinery in Modi Raj! But since you bring it up, of the 42 lynchings in the past few months, how many were Hindus & how many were Muslims? One cannot deny that the victims in a majority of these lynchings have been Muslims. In atleast one case last week, 3 Hindu's were lynched by a mob of "Cow Protection vigilantes" on suspicion of being Muslim! And the perpetrators have been terrorists associated with the RSS or one of its numerous subsidiaries.

So lets see: the NRI defenders of the lynch mobs have gone from "What About Godhra" to Aurangzeb and now conspiracy theories about "mischief" to defend the lynching of innocent Indian's by lynch mobs protected by the state. Well done!

The journalists did not lynch the 7 Indians in Jharkhand. Or the 34 others. But we are being abused and called names because we choose to report about it?

Is that what you want American Media to do when Indian's are lynched in America @blrsea?

blrsea

Tue May 23, 2017 3:14 am

BawliBooch wrote:
blrsea wrote:

Read the link within the article. It clearly says "4 Muslims & 3 Hindus were killed after false rumors spread on WhatsApp".

It really shouldnt matter since the core issue is of lynch mobs running wild all over India targetting people and the complete breakdown of law & order machinery in Modi Raj! But since you bring it up, of the 42 lynchings in the past few months, how many were Hindus & how many were Muslims? One cannot deny that the victims in a majority of these lynchings have been Muslims. In atleast one case last week, 3 Hindu's were lynched by a mob of "Cow Protection vigilantes" on suspicion of being Muslim! And the perpetrators have been terrorists associated with the RSS or one of its numerous subsidiaries.

So lets see: the NRI defenders of the lynch mobs have gone from "What About Godhra" to Aurangzeb and now conspiracy theories about "mischief" to defend the lynching of innocent Indian's by lynch mobs protected by the state. Well done!

The journalists did not lynch the 7 Indians in Jharkhand. Or the 34 others. But we are being abused and called names because we choose to report about it?

Is that what you want American Media to do when Indian's are lynched in America @blrsea?

Very clever of you to post an article which primarily talks about only muslims being lynched, connecting it to 2002 riots and then have a link inside it which then talks about both hindus and muslims. You could have linked that first, or both, but you didn't. Don't try to think that if a cat closes its eyes and drinks milk, no one can see it :D

If you want to keep this thread about only muslims being lynched, feel free to do it. I am not opposing your right to do that . What I oppose is slyly imputing motives or posting in such a way that even something which is not connected to any communal issue is being linked to it .

No one is defending the lynchings, don't try to distract it from your actions. I am just calling out your tactics. Not that anyone who has followed you will doubt your dishonesty or motives, but just calling it out when I see it.

What America meadia does is up to it and I give two hoots about it. Indians living there understand the risks and if they want to live there, its up to them. At least American media is truthful in their ideological & political affiliation and display it, instead of in India where they try to fool people into believing they are factual and neutral, when they are the worst possible abusers of facts !

Something for you & your ilk (which you have actually proved on this thread, and many before) :D ...

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2017 5:14 am

blrsea wrote:
Very clever of you to post an article which primarily talks about only muslims being lynched, connecting it to 2002 riots and then have a link inside it which then talks about both hindus and muslims. You could have linked that first, or both, but you didn't.

There are a dozen articles on the Jharkhand lynching. The only connection being made to the 2002 riots is that the image of the man being lynched in Jharkhand brings back memories of something similar in 2002 riots in Gujarat (incidentally at a time when #DearLeader was Chief Minister!).

Gujarat 2002:

Jharkhand, 2017

You tell me: Is this a fair assessment by journalists? Nothing similar in the 2 images?

blrsea wrote:
If you want to keep this thread about only muslims being lynched, feel free to do it. I am not opposing your right to do that . What I oppose is slyly imputing motives or posting in such a way that even something which is not connected to any communal issue is being linked to it .

What motives would justify the lynching of innocent Indian's by religious fundoo's who move around with impunity because they know that they now have the protection of the state as they go about their business. What happened to law & Order? Whatever happened to human rights? Whatever happened to liberty?

Whats even more saddening is that educated Indian's living in the West are shamefully defending not the victims but the lynch mobs. Shame on you! Despite living in the West you clearly have not learnt the importance of Democratic values. I wonder how your neighbours in Seattle would feel if they read your posts defending the lynching of minorities in the name of Religion. What if your neighbours used your sick logic against you in your adopted country @blrsea?

SICK!

blrsea

Tue May 23, 2017 5:36 am

BawliBooch wrote:
What motives would justify the lynching of innocent Indian's by religious fundoo's who move around with impunity because they know that they now have the protection of the state as they go about their business. What happened to law & Order? Whatever happened to human rights? Whatever happened to liberty?

Whats even more saddening is that educated Indian's living in the West are shamefully defending not the victims but the lynch mobs. Shame on you! Despite living in the West you clearly have not learnt the importance of Democratic values. I wonder how your neighbours in Seattle would feel if they read your posts defending the lynching of minorities in the name of Religion. What if your neighbours used your sick logic against you in your adopted country @blrsea?

SICK!

No one is justifying lynching, show me once where I have justified it or brushed it under the carpet. Some of the accused have been arrested along with section 144 imposed in many areas. You are back to your popular "create a strawman and beat it and claim victim" whining! You had done it before in multiple threads too.

You are again back to religions fundoos, which was not the case in these incidents. I have made clear multiple times I am calling you out on your wily tactics. And you are continuing to do that. No one is calling the Jharkand incidents as communal ones, other than you. You still haven't answered why you didn't link both articles, and selected specifically this article, though other articles confirmed that this wasn't a communal incident or lynching anyone based on their religion. Dude, at least give up when you are caught with pants down.

There is no adopted country, I am an Indian in India, not like you looking to hightail out of India as your career wasn't going well. But why shatter your delusions, I feel sorry for you, living in your delusions and repeating lies thousand times hoping it would become true. Believe what you want in your bubble, if thats what makes you feel good.

Anyway, you were caught with your hand in the cookie jar. There is no denying that.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2017 5:47 am

I have bought up incidents that "defenders of the faith" such as yourself find uncomfortable. It riles you. So you, like some of the other NRI's on this board choose to shoot the messenger. Like you have done before and are doing now.

blrsea wrote:
No one is justifying lynching, show me once where I have justified it or brushed it under the carpet. Some of the accused have been arrested along with section 144 imposed in many areas.

And how many of the accused who have been arrested in the many incidents before this have been charged? How many of the accused were members of organisations affliated to the RSS or BJP? How many faced prosecution and how many had the charges quietly dropped? Alwar? Noida? Jhajjar? Can you show us the records?

First you bring up Aurangzeb, then 1984 then Malda - as if those somehow justify these lynchings.

Whataboutery is no defense, no matter what you were taught in your shakha! You are back to your popular "What about 1984?" "Its all a conspiracy to defame DearLeader" whining! You have done it before in multiple threads too.

Its simple! There can be no excuse for this sort of behavior in any modern society. The fact that these incidents are happening so regularly shows India's rapid descent into Religious Bigotry - the same path that Afghanistan chose post 1979. That does not bode well!

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2017 5:54 am

blrsea wrote:
No one is justifying lynching, show me once where I have justified it or brushed it under the carpet.

But yet you dismiss media reports on the incidents as a conspiracy by left wing journalists to defame the Govt & RSS!

Let me shorten your spiel for you: Are you denying these incidents took place? Are you denying that an overwhelming majority of the victims were either Muslim or lower-caste Dalits? Are you denying that the perpetrators of the violence were in over 95% of the cases members of organisations that are affiliated to the Govt in power at the center? Are you denying that the perpetrators of the violence are not getting prosecuted because of their affiliation?

Denial, my friend is the worst kind of defense!

blrsea

Tue May 23, 2017 6:07 am

BawliBooch wrote:
I have bought up incidents that "defenders of the faith" such as yourself find uncomfortable. It riles you. So you, like some of the other NRI's on this board choose to shoot the messenger. Like you have done before and are doing now.

You are the typical journo based on whom the flowchart I had linked above is made. I can show multiple incidents in Kerala, W Bengal etc where hindus were killed over the last two years, and it was brushed under the carpet. Selective reporting is bane of your profession.

BawliBooch wrote:
And how many of the accused who have been arrested in the many incidents before this have been charged? How many of the accused were members of organisations affliated to the RSS or BJP? How many faced prosecution and how many had the charges quietly dropped? Alwar? Noida? Jhajjar? Can you show us the records?

First you bring up Aurangzeb, then 1984 then Malda - as if those somehow justify these lynchings.

Whataboutery is no defense, no matter what you were taught in your shakha! You are back to your popular "What about 1984?" "Its all a conspiracy to defame DearLeader" whining! You have done it before in multiple threads too.

Its simple! There can be no excuse for this sort of behavior in any modern society. The fact that these incidents are happening so regularly shows India's rapid descent into Religious Bigotry - the same path that Afghanistan chose post 1979. That does not bode well!

Dude, this is exactly what I am talking about. This wasn't a communal incident to link it to anything else. But you are persisting with it, trying to give it a communal colour. The media is the one which actually whips up communal frenzy more than any political leaders, like what Huffington Post, Sagarika, Rana Ayyub etc did in this Jharkand case. At least HuffPost & Sagarika withdrew their tweets once they realized it wasn't communal incident, but u still persist with it.

One, this is not communal. Two, I didn't bring up anything 1984, Aurangazeb etc or anyone to justify the lynchings. Look at my posts and tell me where I have brought in any other issues other than calling you out on your shennanigans. Three, importantly, I never justified it. Fourth, you are dredging up unrelated events for this particular incident. My posts have been related to Jharkhand lynchings and I have neither justified it, nor brought in any extraneous issues like you are doing. If I have brought in 1984, Aurangazeb or anything to justify these lynchings, please show me so, the posts are there for all to read. I don't even know if you are reading the posts or a voice in your head is telling you strange things. Honestly, if this is how you read and interpret things when they are in black and white, I feel for you, no wonder your career isn't going anywhere.

BawliBooch wrote:
Its simple! There can be no excuse for this sort of behavior in any modern society. That does not bode well!

This is the only thing I agree with you on about these lynchings incident. Shouldn't happen and should have never happened. The police should have taken the villagers' complaints more seriously and dispelled the rumours.

blrsea

Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 am

BawliBooch wrote:
blrsea wrote:
No one is justifying lynching, show me once where I have justified it or brushed it under the carpet.

But yet you dismiss media reports on the incidents as a conspiracy by left wing journalists to defame the Govt & RSS!

Let me shorten your spiel for you: Are you denying these incidents took place? Are you denying that an overwhelming majority of the victims were either Muslim or lower-caste Dalits? Are you denying that the perpetrators of the violence were in over 95% of the cases members of organisations that are affiliated to the Govt in power at the center? Are you denying that the perpetrators of the violence are not getting prosecuted because of their affiliation?

Denial, my friend is the worst kind of defense!

Can you please tell me where I have dismissed the media reports or denied them? In fact, I have provided more links and articles about the incident than yours. Again, read whats written, not what you want to read.

Out of 7 members killed, 4 are muslims, 3 hindus. The hindus were traders too, with names in the list doesn't appear to be dalits, but from business class. So no overwhelming particular religion killed. None of the reports from media, even from The Hindu etc mention that the perpetrators were members of any organization affiliated to govt in power, that's your wish. You keep repeating the lies 1000 tiimes hoping it would stick. The villagers, majority of whom were tribals did it, and no, they weren't affiliated to any organization.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2017 6:39 am

blrsea wrote:
The media is the one which actually whips up communal frenzy more than any political leaders, like what Huffington Post, Sagarika, Rana Ayyub etc did in this Jharkand case.

It is not the media that is going around lynching Muslims & Dalits. As journalists, we report the incidents. That is our job. The bhakt crowd like @blrsea prefers some Supari Journalists who see their job as defending DearLeader and "the Republic"! (Geddit?!) I am not that kind of journalist. You see bias because these incidents clearly highlight the evil being perpetrated by the side you support - ie the RSS terrorists.

blrsea wrote:
I can show multiple incidents in Kerala, W Bengal etc where hindus were killed over the last two years, and it was brushed under the carpet. Selective reporting is bane of your profession.

The ongoing incidents of violence in Kerala & Bengal are a fallout of the political war between the entrenched Left Wing and a resurgent RSS - none of those are "lynchings" - very different from the kind of mob lynchings we are talking about here. Selective reading of news is the bane of the Bhakt crowd dependent on WhatsApp for their news.

blrsea wrote:
This wasn't a communal incident to link it to anything else. But you are persisting with it, trying to give it a communal colour.

So if it wasnt "communal" by your definition, so its ok? And I didnt give it a communal color - merely shared a link of the latest incident. Scroll back and see who first bought up Hindu and Muslim into the discussion.

This particular incident had almost equal number of victims from "both sides". But the perpetrators were the same? And of all the incidents that have happened so far, have they also not been communal considering all the victims there happened to be from one community and the perpetrators from the other?

Make up your mind. If its wrong its wrong! Period! Why the long winded justifications that follow?

blrsea

Tue May 23, 2017 7:50 am

BawliBooch wrote:
It is not the media that is going around lynching Muslims & Dalits. As journalists, we report the incidents. That is our job. The bhakt crowd like @blrsea prefers some Supari Journalists who see their job as defending DearLeader and "the Republic"! (Geddit?!) I am not that kind of journalist. You see bias because these incidents clearly highlight the evil being perpetrated by the side you support - ie the RSS terrorists.

You report the incidents you want to report, while brushing others under the carpet. In West Bengal, there were multiple attacks on ordinary hindus that was never reported. You are not any kind of journalist, you are just an opinion-maker and you suck at that too!

BawliBooch wrote:
So if it wasnt "communal" by your definition, so its ok? And I didnt give it a communal color - merely shared a link of the latest incident. Scroll back and see who first bought up Hindu and Muslim into the discussion.

This particular incident had almost equal number of victims from "both sides". But the perpetrators were the same? And of all the incidents that have happened so far, have they also not been communal considering all the victims there happened to be from one community and the perpetrators from the other?

Make up your mind. If its wrong its wrong! Period! Why the long winded justifications that follow?

Its NOT OK under any circumstance. Its also not OK to make it a communal incident or to imply that, and no, the perpetrators were NOT the same. No one other than you is claiming these perpetrators to belong to any organization. Just how many times will you keep repeating that lie?

Again, you can't comprehend. I am not justifying anything, I am just calling you out on trying to imply it's a communal incident. Gosh, looks like you couldn't get into any other profession, so became a journo because you had some influence or because of shared ideology. Nothing else can explain your lack of comprehension, ability to read whats written instead of reading what you want to, or your delusions. And coincidentally, those are the desired qualities by some of our esteemed media organizations.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 am

blrsea wrote:
You report the incidents you want to report, while brushing others under the carpet. In West Bengal, there were multiple attacks on ordinary hindus that was never reported. You are not any kind of journalist, you are just an opinion-maker and you suck at that too!

There we have it! You say you are not defending the lynching incident, but bring up other alleged incidents and ask why we dont talk of that? Classic whataboutery defense! "What about Malda" is not a defense @blrsea! Malda is West Bengal BTW.

blrsea wrote:
Its also not OK to make it a communal incident or to imply that, and no, the perpetrators were NOT the same.

Nobody made it a communal incident. When Hindu's attack Muslims (or vice-versa) the communalism is implied. As for who the perpetrators were: Do you have any evidence to show that the perpetrators of this lynching (and the 42 other incidents in the past few months) were not related to the RSS? Go through the news reports on all the incidents and see the pattern. All perpetrators of these heinous acts of violence are associated with the RSS or BJP - many are office bearers of the party. You have to be particularly delusional (or hypocritical) to deny that.

blrsea wrote:
Again, you can't comprehend. I am not justifying anything, I am just calling you out on trying to imply it's a communal incident.

Again! You are in denial! You just re-used the whataboutery defense for the umpteenth time by asking why journalists are silent on "incidents in West Bengal". I am calling you out on your hypocrisy and your lies!

blrsea wrote:
Gosh, looks like you couldn't get into any other profession, so became a journo because you had some influence or because of shared ideology. Nothing else can explain your lack of comprehension, ability to read whats written instead of reading what you want to, or your delusions. And coincidentally, those are the desired qualities by some of our esteemed media organizations.

Ha ha ha! Shooting the messenger again! Just like DearLeader! When you resort to cheap personal attacks & innuendo like you just did, it is just further evidence of how weak your argument is!

Are these lynchings of Indian's right? That is the only question! Yes or No! Don't shoot journalists for asking that question!

blrsea

Tue May 23, 2017 10:40 am

BawliBooch wrote:
blrsea wrote:

There we have it! You say you are not defending the lynching incident, but bring up other alleged incidents and ask why we dont talk of that? Classic whataboutery defense! "What about Malda" is not a defense @blrsea! Malda is West Bengal BTW.

This is why I doubt your comprehension skills. This comment was made wrt your "journalistic skills" and equating non-communal violence to communal violence. This comment was made about presstitiutes masquerading as journalists, not for justifying lynchings. However, I can't help it if you are too thick to understand that.

BawliBooch wrote:
blrsea wrote:
Its also not OK to make it a communal incident or to imply that, and no, the perpetrators were NOT the same.

Nobody made it a communal incident. When Hindu's attack Muslims (or vice-versa) the communalism is implied. As for who the perpetrators were: Do you have any evidence to show that the perpetrators of this lynching (and the 42 other incidents in the past few months) were not related to the RSS? Go through the news reports on all the incidents and see the pattern. All perpetrators of these heinous acts of violence are associated with the RSS or BJP - many are office bearers of the party. You have to be particularly delusional (or hypocritical) to deny that.

You made the assertion that this was committed by perpetrators who belonged to RSS affiliated orgs. Onus is on you to provide the proof. This incident is not similar to the lynchings by cow-protectors. So how can perpetrators be the same? In fact, you are delusional to imply all violence is by RSS. That's like saying most of the terrorist attacks were by muslims across the world, so all muslims are violent! See the effect of bad extrapolation?? Logic is anyway not your forte, so please don't venture into it.

BawliBooch wrote:
blrsea wrote:
Again, you can't comprehend. I am not justifying anything, I am just calling you out on trying to imply it's a communal incident.

Again! You are in denial! You just re-used the whataboutery defense for the umpteenth time by asking why journalists are silent on "incidents in West Bengal". I am calling you out on your hypocrisy and your lies!

Comprehension ! Comprehension! Read the context in which the comments were made. It was made regarding your skills, and no where is it justifying lynchings. Did I say or imply anywhere that lynchings are justified because of Malda? You sir are the poster child for the journos flowchart I posted earlier.

BawliBooch wrote:
blrsea wrote:
Gosh, looks like you couldn't get into any other profession, so became a journo because you had some influence or because of shared ideology. Nothing else can explain your lack of comprehension, ability to read whats written instead of reading what you want to, or your delusions. And coincidentally, those are the desired qualities by some of our esteemed media organizations.

Ha ha ha! Shooting the messenger again! Just like DearLeader! When you resort to cheap personal attacks & innuendo like you just did, it is just further evidence of how weak your argument is!

Are these lynchings of Indian's right? That is the only question! Yes or No! Don't shoot journalists for asking that question!

NO lynchings are NOT right, and neither is your feeble attempt to make it communal issue. You have exhibited nothing but bad comprehension & poor logic . The exchange is there for everyone to read, so whether argument is weak or not is there for everyone to judge, as is your comprehension skills.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 am

Really sad to see this level of denial from so called educated people. Justifying murder, while claiming not to. And blaming not the perpetrators of the crimes, but the journalists who report the news!

This is what happens in societies as they spiral down the path of no return. We couldnt see this before as there was no internet in the 80's in Afghanistan. Watch how educated Indian's like @blrsea justify murder of minorities, even resort to filthy abuse in their defense of the indefensible.

If this is what religion does to people, then I am glad I am not religious. I am thankful to my parents for raising me differently. To be spiritual rather than religious.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Sat May 27, 2017 8:51 am

Another day, another lynching. This time the target was members of the Sikh community.

Mob thrashes Sikhs in Rajasthan

Yet another fake accusation. Yet another mob attack. Yet another minority community targetted. This pattern is becoming all too common across the country.

A video of Sikhs being thrashed by a mob in Rajasthan has gone viral over the last couple of days. The video is highly disturbing and shows a mob mercilessly thrashing and abusing the Sikhs one of whom was an elderly man. At the end of the 51 second video, the elderly man can be seen groaning in pain.

It turns out that the incident took place in Chainpura in Ajmer last month. The Sikhs were Sewadars (volunteers) who were visiting Chainpura. Out of nowhere, a rumour spread that the Sikhs molested local women and they were thrashed.

What's more, a complaint was reportedly filed against the victims! Sure enough, it was found that the Sikhs weren't involved in any act of molestation and the attack was entirely unprovoked.

This is similar to the recent incident in Jharkhand in which men falsely accused of being child-traffickers, were lynched to death.

In Rajasthan itself, cattle trader Pehlu Khan was lynched to death by Hindutva vigilantes in Alwar in March this year.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 am

Another spate of public lynchings by vigilantes just 2 days into this week. 12 total this month.

Tamil Nadu govt officials ferrying cattle attacked in Rajasthan
Four persons were injured late on Sunday in Barmer city when selfstyled 'gau rakshaks' (cow vigilantes) attacked a group of Tamil Nadu animal husbandry department officials and truck drivers, who were transporting cattle from Jaisalmer to Sivaganga in the southern state as part of a breed improvement programme.

Staying with Rajasthan:
Mob ties man to tree, assaults him for an hour over theft suspicion
Two people, including a priest, tied a man to a tree in a Rajasthan town and assaulted him with sticks, punches and kicks for at least an hour after suspecting him of stealing from a temple’s donation box.

Police said the victim appeared to be mentally challenged, and was unable to reveal his identity after he was rescued from the mob assault in Rajasthan’s Dausa district on Saturday.

And this most horrific incident. (Warning: Graphic content)
Brutal Lynching Of A 25-Year-Old In Rajasthan Shows Why India Desperately Needs Anti-Lynching Legislation
A 25-year-old man was beaten and tortured in Rajasthan's Churu district by family members of a girl with whom he allegedly had an affair.

The girl apparently called the boy, named Rajkumar, to visit her at her village in Tara Nagar, which is when a mob comprising her family members got hold of him, stripped him half-naked, beat him up, shaved his hair and pulled off his toe nails.

A video clip of Rajkumar's ordeal has been circulating on social media, showing his perpetrators tearing off clumps of his hair.

The Law & Order situation in India has broken down completely as vigilante groups, many of them with political affiliations are indulging in Taliban style moral policing.

AlexAmsterdam

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Stupid people do what stupid people do, that's unfortunately true all around the world.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:08 am

Most horrific incident on Saturday - 2 Muslim boys lynched in a train by a mob near Delhi.

Rounding off a series of similar incidents across India - over 12 this month alone.
‘The men asked me to attack them, I was drunk’: Man accused

“I was drunk. They told me to attack the boys because they are cow eaters.”

This is what Palwal resident Ramesh told police after his arrest for allegedly stabbing to death a 16-year-old Muslim boy and injuring his three brothers on a Mathura-bound train on Thursday.

Ramesh, who uses only one name, was part of a mob that attacked the four brothers who were on their way back home to Haryana’s Ballabhgarh after Eid shopping at Sadar Bazar on Thursday evening.

Police said on Saturday Ramesh told them that he boarded the train from Ballabhgarh and saw some men fighting over seats. This quickly turned communal as the mob repeatedly called the brothers “anti-nationals” and “beef eaters”, threw their skull caps on the floor and taunted them with terms such as “mulla”.

Since he was drunk, he joined in, police quoted Ramesh as saying.

“He said he heard the boys shouting for help and others calling them names. He said the men had cornered the boys and were instigating the people to thrash them as they were cow eaters,” a police officer told Hindustan Times on condition of anonymity because he is not authorised to speak to journalists.

“He said he got swayed and started hitting them.”

The murder was the latest in a string of similar mob attacks that have triggered outrage across India. In April, a Muslim dairy farmer was lynched in Rajasthan by alleged cow vigilantes. A month later, a frenzied tribal mob killed seven people in 24 hours in Jharkhand over child abduction rumours.

The dead boy was identified as Hafiz Junaid. His three brothers – Hashim, Moin and Sakir – who joined the victim in Ballabhgarh, were hospitalised with stab wounds.

Dear Leader who has been known to react to terror attacks all across the world has so far refused to comment on the string of lynchings of Dalits, Muslims & Christians across India. All the attacks have happened in states ruled by his party. In many of the attacks, the accused are associated either with the party or affiliate "Hindu" organisations like the RSS & VHP.

spencer32

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:28 am

The sooner aliens come down and say 'it's all nonsense lads, none of your Gods exist, it was us all along. Now grow up and behave yourselves' the better.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:26 pm

As tens of thousands of peace loving Hindus marched in the #NotInMyName campaign yesterday (28 June 2017), another number was added to the gruesome statistic of people killed in the name of Cows & Hinduism.

Man Thrashed, House Set On Fire By Mob In Jharkhand Over Dead Cow

A man was severely beaten up by a mob of over 100 people in a Jharkhand village about 200 km from state capital Ranchi, after a dead cow was allegedly found outside his house. The mob that attacked Usman Ansari also set his house on fire.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 pm

29 Jun, 2017: Hours after Dear Leader tweeted to his hordes to not indulge in violence, another horrific lynching again in Jharkhand. The second lynching from the state in 2 days!

Jharkhand man accused of carrying beef beaten to death

A man accused of carrying beef was beaten to death on Thursday in Jharkhand’s Ramgarh district.

Police sources said Alimuddin alias Asgar Ansari was carrying the “banned meat” in a Maruti van.

A group of people stopped him near Bajartand village and brutally attacked him, the sources said. His van was set on fire too.

Police personnel rescued him and took him to a hospital where he died during the course of treatment.

The madness continues. :(

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:15 am

New York Times editorial pulls no punches in its Jul17 editorial.
India’s Turn Toward Intolerance

Narendra Modi’s landslide victory as prime minister of India in 2014 was borne on his promises to unleash his country’s economic potential and build a bright future while he played down the Hindu nationalist roots of his Bharatiya Janata Party.

But, under Mr. Modi’s leadership, growth has slowed, jobs have not materialized, and what has actually been unleashed is virulent intolerance that threatens the foundation of the secular nation envisioned by its founders.

Since Mr. Modi took office, there has been an alarming rise in mob attacks against people accused of eating beef or abusing cows, an animal held sacred to Hindus. Most of those killed have been Muslims. Mr. Modi spoke out against the killings only last month, not long after his government banned the sale of cows for slaughter, a move suspended by India’s Supreme Court. The ban, enforcing cultural stigma, would have fallen hardest on Muslims and low-caste Hindus traditionally engaged in the meat and leather industry.

This might seem like merely a farcical move by Hindu fanatics, if it were not so in line with much else that is happening in Mr. Modi’s India, and if the implications for India’s democracy weren’t so chilling. But this is where Mr. Modi has brought the nation as it prepares to celebrate 70 years of independence on Aug. 15.

Glad to see Western media finally begin to take notice and break through the veneer of propaganda.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:26 am

4 lynching incidents in the past week. Did these finally wake up some of our NRI journalist friends who were so far Dear Leader's most enthusiastic cheerleaders?

Meanwhile activists of the Karni Sena, a right wing caste group which has ministers in the state govt as its members, issued a fatwa/death threat against India's top film actress Deepika Padukone for playing a mythical Rajput princess in the film Padmavati.

Karni Sena threatens to chop off Deepika Padukone's nose;

Check out what Sadanand Dhume had to say this week:
Towards a Hindu Pakistan?

Even the faithful like Dhume have gotten off the Modi bandwagon!

BobPatterson

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:41 am

Are you going to resurrect all of your old threads?

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:01 am

BobPatterson wrote:

Keeping all posts on the topic of lynchings in one compact thread. Would it be better to start a new thread each week?

BobPatterson

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:32 am

BawliBooch wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Keeping all posts on the topic of lynchings in one compact thread. Would it be better to start a new thread each week?

No, I'm not suggesting that.

Quite simply, I noticed that no one posted in this thread for about four months.

Perhaps the subject has worn itself out.

On the other hand, we are having an incessant barrage of threads/posts on the subject of sexual improprieties by mainly American politicians, preachers and performers.

Were you away?

DIRECTFLT

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 am

DocLightning wrote:
I'm always amused at Americans of Christian (or sometimes Jewish) extraction trying to take up Hinduism because it preaches a fancy cosmology and is not related to Christianity and preaches oneness and togetherness. Christianity superficially preaches similar concepts of unity, peace, love, and nonjudgmentalism.

But within the Abrahamic religions and Hinduism alike are violent teachings of self-supremacy and intolerance. We don't think of Hinduism as a religion prone to violent fundamentalism but it is. Massive, organized religions generally can be twisted into violence.

Well, wherever Satan has a foothold in a religion, regardless of the religion, or sect of the religion, there will be bloodshed.

Dutchy

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
I'm always amused at Americans of Christian (or sometimes Jewish) extraction trying to take up Hinduism because it preaches a fancy cosmology and is not related to Christianity and preaches oneness and togetherness. Christianity superficially preaches similar concepts of unity, peace, love, and nonjudgmentalism.

But within the Abrahamic religions and Hinduism alike are violent teachings of self-supremacy and intolerance. We don't think of Hinduism as a religion prone to violent fundamentalism but it is. Massive, organized religions generally can be twisted into violence.

Well, wherever Satan has a foothold in a religion, regardless of the religion, or sect of the religion, there will be bloodshed.

Do I understand it right? You have many Gods to worship, but there is only the one Satan?

DIRECTFLT

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:59 am

Dutchy wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
DocLightning wrote:

Do I understand it right? You have many Gods to worship, but there is only the one Satan?

I did not say that I had many Gods to worship. Where did you get that??

Dutchy

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:02 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

You have = one has, but you seem to acknowledge that there are many God to worship.

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:12 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Were you away?

Yes I was.

Lynchings haven't stopped either. So the issue is still alive.

DIRECTFLT

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 am

Dutchy wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You have = one has, but you seem to acknowledge that there are many God to worship.

I'm just gonna let this go...