BestWestern
Topic Author

Bannon removed from NSC

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:14 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 75b5268da4

A senior White House official said that the change is not a demotion, and that Bannon had accomplished what he'd set out to do on the National Security Council.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

WarRI1

Re: Bannon removed from NSC

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Your fired. Guess who liked to say that over and over?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Dutchy

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:51 pm

BestWestern wrote:
and that Bannon had accomplished what he'd set out to do on the National Security Council.

So what has been achieved by Bannon in de last 60plus days.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

OA412
Crew

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
and that Bannon had accomplished what he'd set out to do on the National Security Council.

The Administration is claiming he was installed to keep an eye on Flynn after Sally Yates raised concerns about his credibility. They're also claiming he never actually attended a NSC meeting. Flynn was fired/resigned in disgrace on February 13. Why Bannon remained on the NSC until 4/5 if his role on the NSC was no longer necessary beginning February 14. But I'm sure the administration isn't peddling lies. They don't do such things...
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

salttee

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:53 pm

While he backs off on Bannon he stands by his buddy O'Reilly.

Trump: O'Reilly 'a good person' who shouldn't have settled sexual harassment claims

“I think he shouldn’t have settled; personally I think he shouldn’t have settled,” the president continued. “Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/32742 ... ent-claims

The ole pussygrabber at least is consistent about things he believes in.

casinterest

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:52 pm

BestWestern wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/04/05/white-house-chief-strategist-stephen-bannon-no-longer-part-of-national-security-council/?tid=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.c475b5268da4

Bannon had accomplished what he'd set out to do on the National Security Council.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.

He deconstructed the government? Looks about right.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Zaf

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:57 pm

First good decision by 45. Hopefully can continue like this.

MaverickM11

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Replaced by RIck Perry, and as with everything else in this admin we're left wondering if "dumb" is better than "evil"
E pur si muove -Galileo

cpd

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:05 am

OA412 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
BestWestern wrote:

The Administration is claiming he was installed to keep an eye on Flynn after Sally Yates raised concerns about his credibility. They're also claiming he never actually attended a NSC meeting. Flynn was fired/resigned in disgrace on February 13. Why Bannon remained on the NSC until 4/5 if his role on the NSC was no longer necessary beginning February 14. But I'm sure the administration isn't peddling lies. They don't do such things...

That sounds to me like a creative excuse to get rid of Bannon without making his appontment look like a mistake. Seems like a face saving exercise.

I never did get an answer to the question I asked of one of the Trump supporters about why Bannon wasn't good for that role. Obviously the administration has decided.

More interesting will be what they do about the situation in Syria in the light of what happened there, we are seeing maybe the first signs of a very serious President Trump.

OA412
Crew

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:56 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Replaced by RIck Perry, and as with everything else in this admin we're left wondering if "dumb" is better than "evil"

I googled it hoping against hope that you were just joking. I'm not sure why anything this administration does even surprises me anymore.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

seb146

Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:30 pm

He still has his high security clearance.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... in-shakeup

With Rick Perry heading up the NSC, who will be nominated to tell us how wonderful and clean coal and oil are?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

dtw2hyd

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:59 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:

Obama didn't invest much into human cloning, otherwise multiple copies of Jared will do the job.

Aesma

Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Bannon probably opened his mouth and embarrassed the other people in the room so much that they threatened to resign en masse if he stayed.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

johnboy

Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Breaking!

Jilted, bloated lover lashes out at younger, newer model!
No, not Ivanka and Melania....Steve and Jared!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/06/steve-bannon-calls-jared-kushner-a-cuck-and-globalist-behind-his-back.html

opethfan

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:07 am

Based on the track record of the traditional media outlets assuming POTUS has no idea what he's doing, then acting shocked that he actually does, I'm going to assume that this is all part of a larger scheme.

bhill

Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:40 pm

opethfan wrote:
Based on the track record of the traditional media outlets assuming POTUS has no idea what he's doing, then acting shocked that he actually does, I'm going to assume that this is all part of a larger scheme.

Not assuming anything...he still does not know what he is doing...it was Adm. Rogers that required it. Like Flynn, Bannon was causing too much heat. Give it time, Chief Cheeto will screw another pooch. One should wonder why his bi-polar tweet have stopped...perhaps he is on a different part of the manic phase?
Carpe Pices

opethfan

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:53 pm

bhill wrote:
opethfan wrote:

Not assuming anything...he still does not know what he is doing...it was Adm. Rogers that required it. Like Flynn, Bannon was causing too much heat. Give it time, Chief Cheeto will screw another pooch. One should wonder why his bi-polar tweet have stopped...perhaps he is on a different part of the manic phase?

Call him whatever you want; he's still #winning.

11725Flyer

Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Bannon was most likely the author and prime advocate for the "ban" which led the Trump administration to a disastrous start. It looks like the more moderate and family voices are prevailing right now.