DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:46 pm

This isn't a new story, Bill O'Reilly been sexually harassing women since 2002 . Fox News standard operating procedures is to fire the women who complain. In the past Roger Ailes defend him at all costs, through multiple sexually harrassments allegations. these lawsuits were settled out of court and out of the public eye. So my question is simple, why are they protecting him? Roger's Ailes is gone. Why aren't the Murdoch's doing anything?

This isn't a thread to bash, O'Reilly, i would really like to hear from people who watch his top rated show and enjoy it.

please share why you think Fox News thinks Bill O'Reilly is untouchable? Is it his rating? I just don't get in this day and age, why a network like Fox wouldn't just clean house to protect their brand.and image. especially after the Roger Ailes era
 
bgm
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:02 pm

If we have a president who boasted about grabbing women by the pussy, yet still got elected, why are you surprised?

Society has a long way to go, unfortunately.
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:50 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
This isn't a new story, Bill O'Reilly been sexually harassing women since 2002 . Fox News standard operating procedures is to fire the women who complain. In the past Roger Ailes defend him at all costs, through multiple sexually harrassments allegations. these lawsuits were settled out of court and out of the public eye. So my question is simple, why are they protecting him? Roger's Ailes is gone. Why aren't the Murdoch's doing anything?

This isn't a thread to bash, O'Reilly, i would really like to hear from people who watch his top rated show and enjoy it.

please share why you think Fox News thinks Bill O'Reilly is untouchable? Is it his rating? I just don't get in this day and age, why a network like Fox wouldn't just clean house to protect their brand.and image. especially after the Roger Ailes era


Ok Ill bite. I actually watch all the networks I watch O'Reilly and I also watch Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews and Hannity I bounce all over the place. Lets face it they all have their spin on things but O'Reilly seems to be the less radical of all of them and even though I despise the term fair and balanced he actually tries to be more balanced than the others so that's why I do watch him more.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9503
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:32 am

stratosphere wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
This isn't a new story, Bill O'Reilly been sexually harassing women since 2002 . Fox News standard operating procedures is to fire the women who complain. In the past Roger Ailes defend him at all costs, through multiple sexually harrassments allegations. these lawsuits were settled out of court and out of the public eye. So my question is simple, why are they protecting him? Roger's Ailes is gone. Why aren't the Murdoch's doing anything?

This isn't a thread to bash, O'Reilly, i would really like to hear from people who watch his top rated show and enjoy it.

please share why you think Fox News thinks Bill O'Reilly is untouchable? Is it his rating? I just don't get in this day and age, why a network like Fox wouldn't just clean house to protect their brand.and image. especially after the Roger Ailes era


Ok Ill bite. I actually watch all the networks I watch O'Reilly and I also watch Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews and Hannity I bounce all over the place. Lets face it they all have their spin on things but O'Reilly seems to be the less radical of all of them and even though I despise the term fair and balanced he actually tries to be more balanced than the others so that's why I do watch him more.



I cannot watch him or Chris Mathews, they will not let anyone finish what they are saying. Bill is the King of Bloviating hands down.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
stlgph
Posts: 9286
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:12 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
This isn't a new story, Bill O'Reilly been sexually harassing women since 2002 . Fox News standard operating procedures is to fire the women who complain. In the past Roger Ailes defend him at all costs, through multiple sexually harrassments allegations. these lawsuits were settled out of court and out of the public eye. So my question is simple, why are they protecting him? Roger's Ailes is gone. Why aren't the Murdoch's doing anything?

This isn't a thread to bash, O'Reilly, i would really like to hear from people who watch his top rated show and enjoy it.

please share why you think Fox News thinks Bill O'Reilly is untouchable? Is it his rating? I just don't get in this day and age, why a network like Fox wouldn't just clean house to protect their brand.and image. especially after the Roger Ailes era



O'Reilly maintains his popularity because he does one thing right ... he doesn't mess with his show. The format and style is the same and has consistently been that way for .... forever, maybe longer.
Whereas other shows are constantly trying to switch it up and try new things, new gimmicks or what have you, if O'Reilly in 1996 had spent the :40 minute mark after the hour making pancakes, he'd still be making pancakes today during the :40 minute mark. 60 Minutes and CBS Sunday Morning are the only two shows I think of with great longevity and their success is based on the fact the network has been smart and has left it the hell alone.

Also, Fox News doesn't need to protect their brand and image. It's such a dominant number 1 across TV, web, social media, franchises, etc. etc., it isn't even funny. Quarter 1 2017 just set unprecedented records. Bitch and moan about them all you want because really, good luck with that.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
bgm
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:44 am

Fox News' most popular show is facing an exodus of advertisers because of sexual harassment claims against its host, Bill O'Reilly.

Mercedes-Benz, BMW North America and several others have pulled adverts following the "disturbing" allegations.

The New York Times reported on Saturday that settlements of $13m (£10.4m) were reached with five women who accused him of inappropriate behaviour.

The network said on Tuesday it was working to "address concerns".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39492854
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:41 am

first 3 car companies dropped him, then hours late the number grew to 12 sponsors dropped him. Now a full 24 hours later 21 companies have dropped him.
He was making 18 million a year and bringing in 4 million viewers a night, that's pretty impressive, but it seems right now he's circling the drain with Fox. At first Fox supported him, but now they are distancing themselves.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9503
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:04 am

I watched some of his show last night, just as obnoxious and self serving as usual. The spin stops here. Let us hope it stops completely.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
FriscoHeavy
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:15 pm

I love watching Mr. O'Reilly and tune into his program nearly every night. Very intelligent man and is the most fair and balanced of anyone in TV media. I don't always agree with his stance on things, but he is very fair minded, which I appreciate.
FriscoHeavy
 
seb146
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:19 pm

He uses catch phrases that trick people. Phrases like "no spin zone" and "fair and balanced." He is neither of those things. And, it turns out, when he is outraged over "liberals" his followers are outraged over "liberals." The only time you will see him outraged over righties is if they use the wrong salad fork at Mar-A-Lago or wearing white after Labor Day.

I agree he is very intelligent. He uses small words and just enough spin to make him sound smart. He actually sounds like he knows things. He does not, but he sounds like it.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:39 pm

seb146 wrote:
He uses small words and just enough spin to make him sound smart. He actually sounds like he knows things. He does not, but he sounds like it.


This sounds very much like yourself. Have you noticed?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
FriscoHeavy
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

seb146 wrote:
He uses catch phrases that trick people. Phrases like "no spin zone" and "fair and balanced." He is neither of those things. And, it turns out, when he is outraged over "liberals" his followers are outraged over "liberals." The only time you will see him outraged over righties is if they use the wrong salad fork at Mar-A-Lago or wearing white after Labor Day.

I agree he is very intelligent. He uses small words and just enough spin to make him sound smart. He actually sounds like he knows things. He does not, but he sounds like it.


You're just a quack. I see him giving Republicans a hard time very often and he grills them, just as he does Democrats.

He also objectively states where President Trump is going wrong on various issues.

He's both Fair and Balanced.
FriscoHeavy
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9503
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:25 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
seb146 wrote:
He uses catch phrases that trick people. Phrases like "no spin zone" and "fair and balanced." He is neither of those things. And, it turns out, when he is outraged over "liberals" his followers are outraged over "liberals." The only time you will see him outraged over righties is if they use the wrong salad fork at Mar-A-Lago or wearing white after Labor Day.

I agree he is very intelligent. He uses small words and just enough spin to make him sound smart. He actually sounds like he knows things. He does not, but he sounds like it.


You're just a quack. I see him giving Republicans a hard time very often and he grills them, just as he does Democrats.

He also objectively states where President Trump is going wrong on various issues.

He's both Fair and Balanced.


I guess it is all who he is fair and balanced to. He is certainly not a nice guy when his fair and balanced is off, mostly to Democrats, very dismissive to people he does not agree with. As I said, he bloviates big time.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9503
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:46 am

Dutchy wrote:


Fame and Fortune and Power has been the downfall of many a human being. Big Bill is a classic example, first comes Fame, then Fortune and when those are obtained comes the seeking of Power from the first two. As has been common at Fox, where truth has been replaced with alternate facts and out right lies and exaggerations. The Fame and Fortune and Power has also led to sexual exploitation by some there. This has come about because others seek the same Fame and Fortune and Power from those who had them first. Alas, the Spin Doctor continued down the road to sexual exploitation. Your fired Bill. :eek: :shock:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
seb146
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:40 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
seb146 wrote:
He uses catch phrases that trick people. Phrases like "no spin zone" and "fair and balanced." He is neither of those things. And, it turns out, when he is outraged over "liberals" his followers are outraged over "liberals." The only time you will see him outraged over righties is if they use the wrong salad fork at Mar-A-Lago or wearing white after Labor Day.

I agree he is very intelligent. He uses small words and just enough spin to make him sound smart. He actually sounds like he knows things. He does not, but he sounds like it.


You're just a quack. I see him giving Republicans a hard time very often and he grills them, just as he does Democrats.

He also objectively states where President Trump is going wrong on various issues.

He's both Fair and Balanced.


Nope. He talks over Democrats and does not let them talk. Just like any rightie. He tells all Democrats they are wrong and he tells all those he deem RINO they are wrong. But, because he says "no spin zone" on a network that says "fair and balanced" people believe it.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:15 am

seb146 wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:
seb146 wrote:
He uses catch phrases that trick people. Phrases like "no spin zone" and "fair and balanced." He is neither of those things. And, it turns out, when he is outraged over "liberals" his followers are outraged over "liberals." The only time you will see him outraged over righties is if they use the wrong salad fork at Mar-A-Lago or wearing white after Labor Day.

I agree he is very intelligent. He uses small words and just enough spin to make him sound smart. He actually sounds like he knows things. He does not, but he sounds like it.


You're just a quack. I see him giving Republicans a hard time very often and he grills them, just as he does Democrats.

He also objectively states where President Trump is going wrong on various issues.

He's both Fair and Balanced.


Nope. He talks over Democrats and does not let them talk. Just like any rightie. He tells all Democrats they are wrong and he tells all those he deem RINO they are wrong. But, because he says "no spin zone" on a network that says "fair and balanced" people believe it.


You don't think Don Lemon or Chris Matthews or Van Jones interrupt and talk over conservative guests? They both do it. Hannity is the worst at doing it.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 15557
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:00 am

You have to admit Bill O'Reilly and Trump are doing a helluva job raising awareness of sexual assault, during sexual assault awareness month! That's gotta count for something.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
seb146
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:37 am

stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:

You're just a quack. I see him giving Republicans a hard time very often and he grills them, just as he does Democrats.

He also objectively states where President Trump is going wrong on various issues.

He's both Fair and Balanced.


Nope. He talks over Democrats and does not let them talk. Just like any rightie. He tells all Democrats they are wrong and he tells all those he deem RINO they are wrong. But, because he says "no spin zone" on a network that says "fair and balanced" people believe it.


You don't think Don Lemon or Chris Matthews or Van Jones interrupt and talk over conservative guests? They both do it. Hannity is the worst at doing it.


Another right wing apology because "both sides do it." We are talking about Bill O'Reilly specifically and righties in general. I think all talk show hosts do it because they think it is a ratings draw, but it is stupid and annoying. I listen to Progress on SiriusXM and the main time any hosts start talking over callers is when the caller starts running on about right wing talking points that are weak or have been debunked.

This is why we can not have civilized debate in this country.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
opethfan
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:35 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:04 am

Hmm, I wonder if this thread will be any different from all the other political ones, with the same ol' handful of lefties preaching lefty crap and the same ol' handful of righties preaching righty crap...

... nope!

And yes, O'Reilly is a blowhard and it doesn't surprise me that he apparently gets too handy with women. He loves the sound of his own voice too much to accept the fact that anyone else might not feel the same way.

He gets some points right and has some okay (if obnoxious and conservative) outlooks, but by and large he's the weakest (and apparently sleaziest) FNC personality. I much prefer Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity.
 
11725Flyer
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Now that advertisers are fleeing his show, let's see how long he can hold on.

https://www.axios.com/companies-pulling ... 82807.html
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:56 pm

11725Flyer wrote:
Now that advertisers are fleeing his show, let's see how long he can hold on.

https://www.axios.com/companies-pulling ... 82807.html

The signs are not good. Murdoch apparently hates him, and his main cover Roger Ailes has been dispatched. That leaves BillO The Clown extremely exposed at Fox Noise.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11175
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 pm

11725Flyer wrote:
Now that advertisers are fleeing his show, let's see how long he can hold on.

https://www.axios.com/companies-pulling ... 82807.html


He has been the most watch show every month for going on 16 years. I think he will survive.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
11725Flyer wrote:
Now that advertisers are fleeing his show, let's see how long he can hold on.

https://www.axios.com/companies-pulling ... 82807.html


He has been the most watch show every month for going on 16 years. I think he will survive.


Ratings mean nothing if advertisers won't sponsor the show.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11175
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:46 am

LittleFokker wrote:

Ratings mean nothing if advertisers won't sponsor the show.


Typical knee jerk reaction from the sponsors when the MSM screams for his head. It will blow over and they will return. Just like Bill Clinton, he did same thing and you and the left celebrate him never once calling for his demise.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:38 pm

seb146 wrote:
This is why we can not have civilized debate in this country.


No. In order to have a civilized debate you need civilized participants.

You fail the test. Think about it.

Cheers
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
doug_or
Posts: 3170
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2000 9:55 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:06 am

Play him out.
When in doubt, one B pump off
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9503
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:35 am

NIKV69 wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

Ratings mean nothing if advertisers won't sponsor the show.


Typical knee jerk reaction from the sponsors when the MSM screams for his head. It will blow over and they will return. Just like Bill Clinton, he did same thing and you and the left celebrate him never once calling for his demise.



Just read, Fox to open investigation of Big Bill, and I do not mean Clinton. About time.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
seb146
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:36 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This is why we can not have civilized debate in this country.


No. In order to have a civilized debate you need civilized participants.

You fail the test. Think about it.

Cheers


And when who knows how many people just parrot the same tripe because they heard it from "fair and balanced" that fails the test. Besides, I was going down the "but 'liberals' do it too" rabbit hole. Then maybe you righties should stop doing it if you all hate it so much...
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:11 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This is why we can not have civilized debate in this country.


No. In order to have a civilized debate you need civilized participants.

You fail the test. Think about it.

Cheers


And when who knows how many people just parrot the same tripe because they heard it from "fair and balanced" that fails the test. Besides, I was going down the "but 'liberals' do it too" rabbit hole. Then maybe you righties should stop doing it if you all hate it so much...


You have attempted to write three sentences (kind of) here. You did not stop to consider whether they contained coherent thoughts. I'm not asking that you parse what you write to perfect your English. But I do ask you to at least ask yourself how you can have "civilized" debate using semi-literate language.

When you recognize that what you write is gibberish and nonsense you might think about taking a remedial course in English composition at night school. Don't be concerned whether the teacher is a conservative, liberal or middle-of-the-roader. Proper English is apolitical.

I wish you much success.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Nothing wrong with what they wrote. Most polyglot have learned to get to the point quickly. nitpicking someone English on a multicultural global discussion board is rather mean and definitely pointless. Most people are here because they are interested in hearing world views so of course MOST people posting English will be their second or third language. .
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:47 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I just don't get in this day and age, why a network like Fox wouldn't just clean house to protect their brand.and image. especially after the Roger Ailes era
Are we sure this isn't part of their brand and image?
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:25 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Nothing wrong with what they wrote. Most polyglot have learned to get to the point quickly. nitpicking someone English on a multicultural global discussion board is rather mean and definitely pointless. Most people are here because they are interested in hearing world views so of course MOST people posting English will be their second or third language. .


Do try to take time to understand the matter upon which you are about to comment.

This has nothing to do with a polyglot or person for whom English is a second language.

Have a nice day.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 15557
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:38 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Just like Bill Clinton, he did same thing and you and the left celebrate him never once calling for his demise.

Now I am not a lawyer, but does the "but Clinton" defense work in a court? Can you sexually assault a colleague or call your female coworkers up while clearly masturbating, and then say "but Clinton" and it all goes away? And if impeachment was appropriate for Clinton lying about a consensual sexual incident, what is an appropriate punishment for $13M worth of sexual assault and beating the hell out of one's wife? Or multiple accusations of assault, rape, walking in on underage girls, and admitted pussy grabbing? You don't have to answer; conservatives have long made it crystal clear they're super down w/ sexual assault when it's one of them. In fact the people behind the National Prayer breakfast have been involved in smoothing things over for three GOP politicians who stuck their dick where it don't belong. #praiseHim!
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9503
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:58 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Just like Bill Clinton, he did same thing and you and the left celebrate him never once calling for his demise.

Now I am not a lawyer, but does the "but Clinton" defense work in a court? Can you sexually assault a colleague or call your female coworkers up while clearly masturbating, and then say "but Clinton" and it all goes away? And if impeachment was appropriate for Clinton lying about a consensual sexual incident, what is an appropriate punishment for $13M worth of sexual assault and beating the hell out of one's wife? Or multiple accusations of assault, rape, walking in on underage girls, and admitted pussy grabbing? You don't have to answer; conservatives have long made it crystal clear they're super down w/ sexual assault when it's one of them. In fact the people behind the National Prayer breakfast have been involved in smoothing things over for three GOP politicians who stuck their dick where it don't belong. #praiseHim!


Sounds like the Governor, now resigned of Alabama. A Republican, heavens!!! "But Clinton did it" obviously did not work for him..
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
seb146
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:58 am

BobPatterson wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Nothing wrong with what they wrote. Most polyglot have learned to get to the point quickly. nitpicking someone English on a multicultural global discussion board is rather mean and definitely pointless. Most people are here because they are interested in hearing world views so of course MOST people posting English will be their second or third language. .


Do try to take time to understand the matter upon which you are about to comment.

This has nothing to do with a polyglot or person for whom English is a second language.

Have a nice day.


Prey tell, what is it about? You seem to be the smartest guy in the room, so enlighten us, please.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
bgm
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:04 am

Dutchy wrote:


Wow, Billy-O was doing the 'alternative facts' thing before it was a thing.
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:28 am

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Nothing wrong with what they wrote. Most polyglot have learned to get to the point quickly. nitpicking someone English on a multicultural global discussion board is rather mean and definitely pointless. Most people are here because they are interested in hearing world views so of course MOST people posting English will be their second or third language. .


Do try to take time to understand the matter upon which you are about to comment.

This has nothing to do with a polyglot or person for whom English is a second language.

Have a nice day.


Prey tell, what is it about? You seem to be the smartest guy in the room, so enlighten us, please.


Pray get out get out a dictionary. You need not be semi-literate or incapable of cogent thought.

That's what it's about.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:17 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Do try to take time to understand the matter upon which you are about to comment.

This has nothing to do with a polyglot or person for whom English is a second language.

Have a nice day.


Prey tell, what is it about? You seem to be the smartest guy in the room, so enlighten us, please.


Pray get out get out a dictionary. You need not be semi-literate or incapable of cogent thought.

That's what it's about.


Ah... I see: you do not agree with my opinion but have no actual solid reasoning why, so you attack my grammar. Got it. We are done here.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
nwadeicer
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:17 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:33 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:


Prey tell, what is it about? You seem to be the smartest guy in the room, so enlighten us, please.


Pray get out get out a dictionary. You need not be semi-literate or incapable of cogent thought.

That's what it's about.


Cool, never seen anyone stutter type before. Hey Bob!
I miss the Red Tail
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Prey tell, what is it about? You seem to be the smartest guy in the room, so enlighten us, please.


Pray get out get out a dictionary. You need not be semi-literate or incapable of cogent thought.

That's what it's about.


Ah... I see: you do not agree with my opinion but have no actual solid reasoning why, so you attack my grammar. Got it. We are done here.


Oh, how I wish you really were done here.

You refuse to look at what you wrote and discover that you wrote gibberish, a string of words that can't serve as "opinion". That is, unless you want your opinion to have no meaning.

I apologize for the double "get out". One get out should be enough

Get out.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:44 pm

nwadeicer wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Prey tell, what is it about? You seem to be the smartest guy in the room, so enlighten us, please.


Pray get out get out a dictionary. You need not be semi-literate or incapable of cogent thought.

That's what it's about.


Cool, never seen anyone stutter type before. Hey Bob!


I really do take time to proof read, both before and after posting. It's amazing how you can miss what ought to be the most obvious errors.

Stutter type :-) I love it!
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
bgm
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Seems Billy-O found the United saga rather amusing, and couldn't contain his laughter. Wonder if he would be laughing if it was his sorry, saggy ass that was hauled out of a plane...

http://toofab.com/2017/04/11/bill-oreil ... -laughing/
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin
 
Calder
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Mr. O'Reilly is popular because he is good at his job.

I disagree with just about everything he says, and I bet if he were being honest he would disagree with a lot of what he says too.

The man is an entertainer, not a newscaster. Check his credentials, he's not as stupid as one would think.
C. T.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9503
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 am

Calder wrote:
Mr. O'Reilly is popular because he is good at his job.

I disagree with just about everything he says, and I bet if he were being honest he would disagree with a lot of what he says too.

The man is an entertainer, not a newscaster. Check his credentials, he's not as stupid as one would think.


I will second that, he is an entertainer and smart as his bottom line surely shows. The unfortunate part is how divisive he is to this country in the pursuit of notoriety and wealth.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
seb146
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:22 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Pray get out get out a dictionary. You need not be semi-literate or incapable of cogent thought.

That's what it's about.


Ah... I see: you do not agree with my opinion but have no actual solid reasoning why, so you attack my grammar. Got it. We are done here.


Oh, how I wish you really were done here.

You refuse to look at what you wrote and discover that you wrote gibberish, a string of words that can't serve as "opinion". That is, unless you want your opinion to have no meaning.

I apologize for the double "get out". One get out should be enough

Get out.


I will not "get out" just because you tell me to. Just because you can not (don't want to?) go back and quote what I said and ask for an explanation, that is on you. Instead, you get all high and mighty and think you are talking down to me when, in reality, you sound insane.

It is okay to ask questions. It is okay to think. I know they discourage that in the Republican party, but you really can think for yourself. Your mind is a safe space. This is your last chance to ask questions, otherwise, you need to get outside. You are spending too much time in mommy's basement. Get some sleep, get some fresh air and sunshine. Read a book. Eat a salad. Drink some water. Reset your mind and body.

And calm down.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:09 am

seb146 wrote:

I will not "get out" just because you tell me to. Just because you can not (don't want to?) go back and quote what I said and ask for an explanation, that is on you. Instead, you get all high and mighty and think you are talking down to me when, in reality, you sound insane.

It is okay to ask questions. It is okay to think. I know they discourage that in the Republican party, but you really can think for yourself. Your mind is a safe space. This is your last chance to ask questions, otherwise, you need to get outside. You are spending too much time in mommy's basement. Get some sleep, get some fresh air and sunshine. Read a book. Eat a salad. Drink some water. Reset your mind and body.

And calm down.


There is no explanation for what you said:

seb146 wrote:
"This is why we can not have civilized debate in this country."

You are the "uncivilized debater" who needs to hurl terms such as "righties" and spout utter nonsense and gibberish. Mommy's basement?

When you do write sensibly I compliment you. It actually happened once. I know you can do it again.

Do try.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 14821
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:02 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I will not "get out" just because you tell me to. Just because you can not (don't want to?) go back and quote what I said and ask for an explanation, that is on you. Instead, you get all high and mighty and think you are talking down to me when, in reality, you sound insane.

It is okay to ask questions. It is okay to think. I know they discourage that in the Republican party, but you really can think for yourself. Your mind is a safe space. This is your last chance to ask questions, otherwise, you need to get outside. You are spending too much time in mommy's basement. Get some sleep, get some fresh air and sunshine. Read a book. Eat a salad. Drink some water. Reset your mind and body.

And calm down.


There is no explanation for what you said:

seb146 wrote:
"This is why we can not have civilized debate in this country."

You are the "uncivilized debater" who needs to hurl terms such as "righties" and spout utter nonsense and gibberish. Mommy's basement?

When you do write sensibly I compliment you. It actually happened once. I know you can do it again.

Do try.


Let's go back and see how many times you use the word "liberal" shall we? Because you are a newbie to this site, you should be forgiven for your attitude. There is a reason I use the word "rightie." You could have asked in a civilized manner but no. And I will be a bad person on the same level and say "if you don't know, I won't tell you!"
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
BobPatterson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:51 am

seb146 wrote:
Let's go back and see how many times you use the word "liberal" shall we? Because you are a newbie to this site, you should be forgiven for your attitude. There is a reason I use the word "rightie." You could have asked in a civilized manner but no. And I will be a bad person on the same level and say "if you don't know, I won't tell you!"


By all means, go right ahead and count all the times I've used the word liberal. Just remember to count separately those times when I called myself a "social liberal".

I'll be very interested in your results after searching through 943 posts.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
11725Flyer
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:30 am

I'm not too sure it matters anymore. He's on"vacation" and probably won't be back. I wonder who will replace him.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: petertenthije, salttee, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos