MaverickM11

Re: Please explain Bill O'Reilly Popularity?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Aaaaaaand he's gone. Which sexual predator is going to save us from an imaginary war on Christmas now?? Sad!
https://twitter.com/AP/status/854767546817445889
E pur si muove -Galileo

bgm

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:41 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Aaaaaaand he's gone. Which sexual predator is going to save us from an imaginary war on Christmas now?? Sad!

Maybe there is a God after all!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, you vile, wretched old sexual predator. Good riddance.

Apparently $13 million dollars was paid to silence 5 women who made claims against him, but it's most likely the sponsors dropping like flies that killed his show.

Happy days! :)
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin

ThePointblank

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:42 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:

Fox had to; for one, I bet all of the companies that were advertising on Fox told them that they either get rid of Bill O'Reilly, or they pull their ads and money. The saga hasn't looked good for Fox News, as they could be seen hiding and protecting sexual predators, and I bet there were also concerns about loss of viewership and more lawsuits on the way.

Channex757

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 pm

O'Reilly was a huge blot on the grey face of Fox. As Fox is now international, this clown was broadcast round the world and his brand of buffoonery was more of a comedy act than anything.

If anything Bill-O helped make the careers of people like John Stewart, Stephen Colbert and even cable guy Keith Olbermann globally visible. Bill-O and his threats of sending round "Fox Security" like they were some kind of federal police force were ridiculed constantly. No wonder the Murdochs despised the man.

O'Reilly apparently liked to bask in the attention he got at Fox as their star anchor. Maybe a little too much. Murdoch himself doesn't like strong characters outside of his control and having Bill-O treat Fox like Limbaugh does his little domain in Florida did not go down well.

Has O'Reilly also lost his radio gig? I wonder where he might pitch up next as he's pretty toxic at the moment. Working for way less money with Glenn Beck at The Blaze...?

330west

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:03 pm

So O'Reilly's gone. What does his cult of millions of angry, ignorant white men do now?

DIRECTFLT

Re: Bill O'Reilly is out at Fox News

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Channex757 wrote:
Has O'Reilly also lost his radio gig? I wonder where he might pitch up next as he's pretty toxic at the moment. Working for way less money with Glenn Beck at The Blaze...?

Either that, or maybe Bill will flip and be taken in by MSNBC. :eek:

I Recommend this guy to replace Bill at Fox:

Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Channex757

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Tucker Carlson was straight in there like a rat up a drainpipe. He's Bill-O Mark Two

Dreadnought

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Channex757 wrote:
Has O'Reilly also lost his radio gig?

He stopped doing radio almost 10 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Radio_Factor
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - W. Churchill

ER757

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Fox had to; for one, I bet all of the companies that were advertising on Fox told them that they either get rid of Bill O'Reilly, or they pull their ads and money

This right here - says it all - the free market has spoken. It came down to Fox making or not making $$. No matter how many viewers tune in, if you can't sell ads you are broadcasting for free.

NIKV69

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:46 pm

330west wrote:
So O'Reilly's gone. What does his cult of millions of angry, ignorant white men do now?

Wait a week and he will be on the Blaze.

Funny how when a member of the GOP does this you want his head but when Clinton did it you all said keep his personal life out of it LOL

You have screwed up values
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

MaverickM11

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
330west wrote:
Funny how when a member of the GOP does this you want his head but when Clinton did it you all said keep his personal life out of it LOL

:hissyfit: waaaaaaaaaah but Clinton! ...who was ultimately impeached for the fallout from consensual sex, by Ken Starr who somehow managed to miss all the actual rape right under his nose at Baylor cuz Jesus/football. Sorry babes you can't talk values when Ailes/O'reilly/Trump/Bannon/Bentley have cornered the market on sexual assault, affairs, and divorces, and this administration is setting new lows in terms of "values" daily.
E pur si muove -Galileo

330west

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:25 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
330west wrote:

Wait a week and he will be on the Blaze.

I was 13 when Clinton did what he did but even then I knew there was a difference between a consensual affair and a decades long history of sexual harassment.

I'm relieved to read that I have "screwed up values" though. I wouldn't want one ounce of approval from someone like you.

NIKV69

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 pm

330west wrote:
I was 13 when Clinton did what he did but even then I knew there was a difference between a consensual affair and a decades long history of sexual harassment.

I'm relieved to read that I have "screwed up values" though. I wouldn't want one ounce of approval from someone like you.

Huh?

Can you point out where Kathleen Willey gave him consent?

You are clueless.

330west

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:46 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
330west wrote:

Huh?

Can you point out where Kathleen Willey gave him consent?

You are clueless.

Unfounded accusations.

And besides, we're talking about O'Reilly. What does what Bill Clinton have to do with this? From an economic and geopolitical standpoint he was a good president but I've never defended his private life, nor is it my business.

NIKV69

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:02 pm

330west wrote:

Unfounded accusations.

So can you point out the accusation that was proven against O"Reilly?

If you are going to light the torches when a women claims a sexual crime it has to work both ways.

Ken777

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 pm

No need to shed tear over Bill getting the sack. No doubt he will find other jobs with young girls he can hit up on.

330west

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
330west wrote:

Unfounded accusations.

If you are going to light the torches when a women claims a sexual crime it has to work both ways.

I'm not even condemning O'Reilly. Basically my original statement concerned the coping skills of his loyal followers.

ltbewr

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 am

I just wish that these abusing fools would have to pay for it instead of their employers. Maybe like done with the Catholic Church, insurers will no longer cover liability costs for sexual abuse by Priests, put the dime on the individual, they lose their assets and on companies to lose it all if allow it so have incentives to not allow such behavior to exist. Until there is enough of a penalty for the jerks to realize they will lose it all, not much will happen.

WarRI1

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 am

As has been said over and over and over on here, Fox News is a Corporation, a job creator, with a Right to hire and fire. Well they hired and they fired and that should end the discussion and the defense by the woman's sexual exploiter fans. He deserves no more, no less than anyone else who is employed by a company. When our Conservative friends to attempt to forget this, now that is a ton of Hypocrisy. Imagine if he was Union?????? my goodness what would his right wing fans say then? :tapedshut: :eek: :shock:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

MaverickM11

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 am

NIKV69 wrote:

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. But you HAVE to promise not to tell anyone. Ready? OK. Bill Clinton hasn't been President in 16 years. I know hard to believe. Also? He didn't run for President in 2016. I can only assume you didn't know. But if he did, he probably would have been dragged over the coals like any number of people regardless of where they are on the spectrum. But back to your pussy grabbing 4 Jesus party in a very short time we've had:

Trump, accused by over a dozen women, who admitted to grabbing women by the pussy, and walking in on naked underage girls at his pageants.
:hissyfit: I know but Clinton!

Roger Ailes, who ran Fox News as one giant self serve pussy grab bag, facing multiple accusations, settlements, and ultimately losing his job.

Bill O'Reilly, notorious sleaze bag who tried to hump any colleague that had a pulse, and as we've seen paid a big price for it, at least $13M. He also beat the crap out of his wife but #praiseHim he saved Xmas!

And that is just the tip of the ice berg, especially at Fox, so riddle me this, how many assaults are you super cool with as long as you can say "but Clinton!" Is "but Clinton" a get-out-of-jail-free car for endless GOP assault/rape? Or are you just totally down with sexual assault?

NIKV69 wrote:

They sure settled a lot and paid a ton of money if he was innocent, almost always with the same exact pattern of abuse and general grossness. And have you read this piece de resistance? You'll never guess where he wants to stick a falafel.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... ten-897562

Ken777 wrote:
No need to shed tear over Bill getting the sack. No doubt he will find other jobs with young girls he can hit up on.

I'm not so sure...where? I think he's pretty toxic for anything mainstream on TV at this point. Even Tomi seems like damaged goods. Cabinet position maybe? :D

ltbewr wrote:
I just wish that these abusing fools would have to pay for it instead of their employers

Well he only got away with it for 20 years. Maybe in another decade we'll have that down to only ten.
E pur si muove -Galileo

DIRECTFLT

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:30 am

It's okay.... I hear Bill was absolved by the Pope today for any wrong doings.
Gee, I wonder how much that cost him ? ? ?

Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

einsteinboricua

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 am

Next month, he'll be a contributor to Breitbart and a frequent guest on Alex Jones's show.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

CaliAtenza

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 am

stratosphere wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
This isn't a new story, Bill O'Reilly been sexually harassing women since 2002 . Fox News standard operating procedures is to fire the women who complain. In the past Roger Ailes defend him at all costs, through multiple sexually harrassments allegations. these lawsuits were settled out of court and out of the public eye. So my question is simple, why are they protecting him? Roger's Ailes is gone. Why aren't the Murdoch's doing anything?

This isn't a thread to bash, O'Reilly, i would really like to hear from people who watch his top rated show and enjoy it.

please share why you think Fox News thinks Bill O'Reilly is untouchable? Is it his rating? I just don't get in this day and age, why a network like Fox wouldn't just clean house to protect their brand.and image. especially after the Roger Ailes era

Ok Ill bite. I actually watch all the networks I watch O'Reilly and I also watch Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews and Hannity I bounce all over the place. Lets face it they all have their spin on things but O'Reilly seems to be the less radical of all of them and even though I despise the term fair and balanced he actually tries to be more balanced than the others so that's why I do watch him more.

I'm sorry but this has to be one of the most delusional things I've heard on here. O'Reilly is a disgusting, racist pig...and is one of the direct contributors of why society is the way it is in this country today.

DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:07 pm

finally fox news got rid of Archie Bunker. . His viewers will of course will be crushed and blame everybody but Bill.