Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Do you prefer Spring or Fall fashion?

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:58 pm

I previously did a thread on how fashion companies come up with their seasonal collections, with their major seasons being Spring and Fall.

Now, I ask you, do you prefer Spring or Fall collections of fashion companies?

I personally prefer the Spring collections, and anyone can take a wild guess why. This year I bought everything I can find in Fairy Tale from IZOD's Spring 2017 collection.

stlgph

Re: Do you prefer Spring or Fall fashion?

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:52 am

i'm more fall fashion.

B777LRF

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:18 am

I'm fashionable roughly every 20 years, when fashion once agains catches up with me. It'll last a couple of years, then fashion - unlike me - will change. Still, jeans and a shirt has worked for decades, and will likely continue to do so until we're all wearing Star Trek jumpsuits.

coolian2

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:14 am

Fashion by season for me is whether I wear shorts/board shorts or a jacket.

BartSimpson

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 am

So, how much do get from IZOD for each thread?

Just in case you run out of topics, how about
- Should salegirls be paid more if they have to sell non-pink shirts?
- Are people who burp in pink T-shirts less obnoxious than others?
- Should your T-shirt match the colour of your car?

seahawk

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Spring, as it often has some fabulous colours like Peacot, Sheer Lilac or Light Sour Orange.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:39 pm

seahawk wrote:
Spring, as it often has some fabulous colours like Peacot, Sheer Lilac or Light Sour Orange.

For Spring 2016, these are the colors that I bought from IZOD:

• Cradle Pink (two shirts)
  • Absinthe Green
  • Blue Radiance
  • Tea Rose
  • Real Red
  • Dusted Peri
  • Bright White

These are the colors that I bought for Spring 2017:

• Fairy Tale (several different shirts)
  • Mazarine Blue
  • Peony
  • Powder Blue
  • Rapture Rose (a button down shirt given as a gift)

If you were wondering the difference between Cradle Pink and Fairy Tale, Fairy Tale is slightly pinker while Cradle Pink is slightly lighter and warmer in hue.

BestWestern

Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:07 pm

I thought izod was a sexually transmitted disease.

scbriml

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:53 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
If you were wondering the difference between Cradle Pink and Fairy Tale, Fairy Tale is slightly pinker while Cradle Pink is slightly lighter and warmer in hue.

I was wondering. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ken777

Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:08 am

Personally my favorite season is the one coming up when it comes to clothes. Worked in a nice men's store some years back and ny the time restarted changing over I was rather tired of what was left in the old season.

Otherwise I am too traditional to get too worried about new styles.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 pm

I just bought another color from IZOD's Spring 2017 collection - Sheer Lilac. It is a Feeder Stripe Advantage Polo (which I also have in Fairy Tale and Mazarine Blue).

johns624

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Jeans and tshirts that I buy on vacation mostly. So if I go on vacation in the Spring, I guess that I like Spring fashion and if I go in the Fall, then I like that. That being said, I don't think that "destination" tshirts or Levis have seasons.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:05 pm

I just got an email from IZOD, and they actually have four different season codes. In addition to Spring (S) and Fall (F), the other two are not Summer and Winter as you would expect, but Holiday (H) and Basic (B).

Holiday are limited run items sold during the holiday season between the Fall season and next year's Spring season.

Basic is for core items that remain in production indefintely unless they decide to discontinue the color or style.

johns624

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 am

Do straight men really care?

coolian2

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
I just got an email from IZOD, and they actually have four different season codes. In addition to Spring (S) and Fall (F), the other two are not Summer and Winter as you would expect, but Holiday (H) and Basic (B).

Holiday are limited run items sold during the holiday season between the Fall season and next year's Spring season.

Basic is for core items that remain in production indefintely unless they decide to discontinue the color or style.

Well I can die happy now

scbriml

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:37 am

coolian2 wrote:
Well I can die happy now

What? Before you know what the pink menace will wear for Easter? :o

coolian2

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:46 am

scbriml wrote:
coolian2 wrote:
Well I can die happy now

What? Before you know what the pink menace will wear for Easter? :o

Looks like that's sorted now.

seahawk

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:27 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
I just bought another color from IZOD's Spring 2017 collection - Sheer Lilac. It is a Feeder Stripe Advantage Polo (which I also have in Fairy Tale and Mazarine Blue).

It is a fabulous colour - isn´t it?

Kiwirob

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 am

johns624 wrote:

I don't even think the forums gays really care for that matter.

Olddog

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 pm

I am straight and I care as the spring fashion girls wear way less :)

nitepilot79

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:23 pm

johns624 wrote:

Depends on the country. Depends on the culture.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 pm

coolian2 wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

Well I can die happy now

I don't think I have seen the "B" code on any of IZOD's shirts in Fairy Tale. All of my Fairy Tale shirts have "S" codes for Spring, which means they are part of that year's Spring collection.

Nicoeddf

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:08 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
I don't think I have seen the "B" code on any of IZOD's shirts in Fairy Tale. All of my Fairy Tale shirts have "S" codes for Spring, which means they are part of that year's Spring collection.

And do you plan on getting "B"s? Just to try them out? Maybe the fabric is softer. Or rougher...whatever you prefer

coolian2

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:26 pm

I don't got no time for basic bitches

Nicoeddf

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:26 pm

coolian2 wrote:
I don't got no time for basic bitches

Philistine!

I do like me some Basics!

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Nicoeddf wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

And do you plan on getting "B"s? Just to try them out? Maybe the fabric is softer. Or rougher...whatever you prefer

The polo shirts are the same material for all season codes; however, some colors are exclusive to specific seasons (Fairy Tale is exclusive to Spring, for example). I think I have seen a Heritage Polo (which is essentially IZOD's traditional style polo shirt) in Blue Revival before that had a "B" code. I think some dress shirts may have "B" codes as well.

I have lately been a fan of the Advantage Polo, which is a 60/40 moisture wicking/UPF-15 polo shirt introduced last year. I now have it in 11 different colors (Cradle Pink, Absinthe Green, Blue Radiance, Tea Rose, Real Red, Dusted Peri, Bright White, Fairy Tale, Mazarine Blue, Peony, and Sheer Lilac), with the former seven being the Spring 2016 colors and the latter four being the Spring 2017 colors.

ElliottM

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:59 am

Is there a difference? I literally didn't know there was a difference. I wear the same clothes in fall and spring because the temperature is about the same. Then I have warmer clothes for winter and shorts for summer. A couple moderate weather jackets, a full on winter jacket, windbreaker, boots, running shoes, work shoes. What else do you need lol?

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 am

ElliottM wrote:
Is there a difference? I literally didn't know there was a difference. I wear the same clothes in fall and spring because the temperature is about the same. Then I have warmer clothes for winter and shorts for summer. A couple moderate weather jackets, a full on winter jacket, windbreaker, boots, running shoes, work shoes. What else do you need lol?

While the weather may be similar, typically fashion companies sell their warm weather clothes in their spring collections and their cold weather clothes in their fall collections; you usually don't see entire collections devoted to summer nor winter, since those seasons are usually covered by the spring and fall collections, respectively.

Also, the colors sold in spring vs. fall are usually different - spring usually includes more bright colors and pastels (think Fairy Tale), while fall usually includes more dark colors, neutrals, and earthy colors (think Rooibos Tea). This is reflected in the colors offered with IZOD's polo shirts in the Spring vs. Fall collections. I didn't buy any polo shirts from IZOD's Fall collection for myself last year, although I did buy an Advantage Polo in True Blue for a friend in Puerto Rico for Christmas.

Kiwirob

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:30 am

Does anyone else think the op is a weeeee bit OCD?

Nicoeddf

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 am

Oh this Topic and those participating in all seriousness are a whole lot things. And not only pretty ones.
What means OCD specifically?

Kiwirob

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:13 am

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Siren

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm definitely more of a fall fashion kind of girl. I like sophisticated vintage clothing, but I don't like BRIGHT colors. My go-to store if I'm buying is usually ModCloth... My last boyfriend said my typical style resembled an oversexed librarian, which I took as a compliment. Black opaque tights (I hate bare legs, and I don't like skin visible through tights) are a must if I'm not wearing pants. Brightest color I will wear is red - a rich red, which is definitely my color. Aside from that, I'm into patterns and such - I like black/white, grays, earth tones - greens, blues, rarely orange.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:13 am

Siren wrote:
I'm definitely more of a fall fashion kind of girl. I like sophisticated vintage clothing, but I don't like BRIGHT colors. My go-to store if I'm buying is usually ModCloth... My last boyfriend said my typical style resembled an oversexed librarian, which I took as a compliment. Black opaque tights (I hate bare legs, and I don't like skin visible through tights) are a must if I'm not wearing pants. Brightest color I will wear is red - a rich red, which is definitely my color. Aside from that, I'm into patterns and such - I like black/white, grays, earth tones - greens, blues, rarely orange.

Note that my Real Red polo shirts from IZOD (an Advantage Polo and a Windward Cool Interlock Polo) were part of their Spring 2016 lineup, with the former making a return in the Spring 2017 lineup; the bright reds are usually part of their Spring collections. However, I do have a Jester Red (slightly darker) fleece that was part of their Fall 2015 lineup.

ElliottM

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:37 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
ElliottM wrote:

While the weather may be similar, typically fashion companies sell their warm weather clothes in their spring collections and their cold weather clothes in their fall collections; you usually don't see entire collections devoted to summer nor winter, since those seasons are usually covered by the spring and fall collections, respectively.

Also, the colors sold in spring vs. fall are usually different - spring usually includes more bright colors and pastels (think Fairy Tale), while fall usually includes more dark colors, neutrals, and earthy colors (think Rooibos Tea). This is reflected in the colors offered with IZOD's polo shirts in the Spring vs. Fall collections. I didn't buy any polo shirts from IZOD's Fall collection for myself last year, although I did buy an Advantage Polo in True Blue for a friend in Puerto Rico for Christmas.

Thanks for your patient explanation. TBH I didn't think of it like this before but I can see it. Thanks.

And no I don't think you're OCD haha. We're all much more obsessed with aviation in the first place, else this forum wouldn't exist. So if that's not OCD then this certainly isn't.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:06 am

Turns out I was wrong about my Real Red Advantage Polo; it is actually part of the Basic (B) collection. The same is true with my Bright White Advantage Polo. The rest of my Advantage Polos, as well as my other polo shirts in Fairy Tale are Spring though. Also, my Real Red Windward Cool Interlock Polo is also a Spring; I don't think I have ever seen an interlock polo in IZOD's Fall collections.

Pellegrine

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:53 am

Spring is so effervescent and lovely; a new beginning. I love to get bundled up in a fur, but I love taking all that mess off.

I have special a pair of suede Gucci sneakers from S/S2007 that I pull out every year...they give me memories. :cloudnine:

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:55 pm

If you wonder what colors of IZOD Advantage Polos I bought for my friends and family, here they are:

For my father, I have bought him three, in Blue Revival, Peacoat, and Kombu Green. The former two are Basic 2016 while the latter is a Spring 2016.

For my grandfather, I have so far bought him one in Absinthe Green (Spring 2016), and will soon give him one in Fairy Tale (Spring 2017).

For my pastor, I have bought him one in Cradle Pink (Spring 2016) and Real Red (Basic 2016), and will soon give him one in Fairy Tale (Spring 2017).

For my younger cousin, I bought him a slim-fit one in Peacoat (don't know the exact season since it is slim-fit).

For my second cousin-in-law, I have bought him one in True Blue (Fall 2016).

Avinamaine

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:40 pm

I guess I prefer Fall collections, because of warmer and darker colors

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Avinamaine wrote:

I presume the term you are looking for is "earthy". There are some warm colors that are included in IZOD's Spring lineup such as Sundress (bright yellow), Sour Orange (light orange), Rapture Rose (pinkish red), and Rose of Sharon (similar to Rapture Rose but slightly lighter).

Avinamaine

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 pm

thanks a lot! :smile:

1337Delta764 wrote:
Avinamaine wrote:

I presume the term you are looking for is "earthy". There are some warm colors that are included in IZOD's Spring lineup such as Sundress (bright yellow), Sour Orange (light orange), Rapture Rose (pinkish red), and Rose of Sharon (similar to Rapture Rose but slightly lighter).

Kiwirob

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Any recommendations on shoes? I'm quite partial to chukka or Chelsea boots and cap toe derby shoes, I can't wear oxfords my feat are too wide.

Chaostheory

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Any recommendations on shoes? I'm quite partial to chukka or Chelsea boots and cap toe derby shoes, I can't wear oxfords my feat are too wide.

Spring is the perfect season for

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:16 pm

For shoes, I usually wear Skechers. Crocs are not my thing.

Kiwirob

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
For shoes, I usually wear Skechers. Crocs are not my thing.

I never realised Skechers made shoes for men.