• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:05 pm

I'll wait for the usual apologists for this man to show up and explain this away. But the guy is clearly off his rocker. As usual, he makes this charge without any proof or any solid eveidence. And it's absurd to even think this would happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/ ... index.html

There is something psychologically wrong with this man. He takes responsibility for nothing, and he blames everyone for his own and many shortcomings. This is just tragic to watch.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:57 pm

i take it, the Kushner family headed home for Shabbat and not there to monitor him, Melania probably in NY. Hopefully someone keeping him away from the nuclear codes..


If this is true, that means a federal judged ruled there was enough evidence to proceed with tapping Trump Towers. Either way, our president is a idiot for announcing this.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5985
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:06 pm

I guess he doesn't know that it needs a court order to do that.
So, perhaps he ordered a bunch of wiretaps himself and no one dared to tell him that he can't do that yet....

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4139
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Oh boy, another tantrum...

Can one of his handlers aides please come tell him how smart, beautiful and popular he is and how none of it is his fault so he can calm down again? Maybe have him watch Fox and friends on a loop for a few hours or have him gaze at one of his many portraits of himself?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
seb146
Posts: 15132
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:15 pm

And he said he would release his tax returns after the elections. Or after the non-existent audit. More lies from cheeto-lini

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-aide- ... -complete/
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
socalgeo
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Hillis wrote:
I'll wait for the usual apologists for this man to show up and explain this away. But the guy is clearly off his rocker. As usual, he makes this charge without any proof or any solid eveidence. And it's absurd to even think this would happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/ ... index.html

There is something psychologically wrong with this man. He takes responsibility for nothing, and he blames everyone for his own and many shortcomings. This is just tragic to watch.


So you have direct knowledge that President Trump is lying? Other than your opinion? If so then produce it here and now. As they say on the interwebs - linky linky, or you stinky.....

Its a serious charge that the President is making. Seemingly, do or die for him. If it is a lie, then the Trump presidency may be effectively over, if it is true then Obama may end up in jail. Pretty heavy stuff actually...

I know you believe that President Trump is insane and out of control, so you really don't need to repeat it over and over. Just consider this: This person (Trump) that you say is "off his rocker", and a liar, and many other nefarious and insane things, has effectively dismantled 80 plus years of conventional electoral politics in this country by knowing exactly the right thing to say or tweet at exactly the right time. Even you Thomas, have to admit that President Trumps epic roll through the 17 other Republican candidates was not just a lucky happenstance of an insane man.

There has been more than a few times in the last 18 months where now President Trump was written off by his enemies, only to beat them badly. So, I don't consider myself an apologist at all, I consider myself a realist. Any objective observer of this situation, being a realist, knowing what President Trump has done in the last 18 months, would take pause at the development of this morning.

Based on objective analysis, I doubt that the President would come out with this kind of thing if there wasn't some truth to it. Depending on the actual circumstances, It is entirely possible that we could see Obama arrested in the next 2 weeks. Given the unhinged state of the left I an very concerned about what they will do when this happens. I suspect that nationwide violence and uprising will be the result, and potentially the end of our republic. And if you doubt that the people who voted for President Trump will tolerate an uprising from the left you are wrong - not a threat, just an observation.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11215
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Hillis wrote:
As usual, he makes this charge without any proof or any solid eveidence.


That is the norm now. CNN ran with a story that said Pres Trump slept with hookers and his lawyer had regular meetings with Putin's guys. Both of which where false. That is how each side tries to destroy itself. It was born from the fact the DNC thought they would cruise to victory with President Hilllary, and Speaker of the house Pelosi and majority leader Schumer. When that didn't happen the DNC had to accept the fact they were old news.

The county doesn't want their high tax, high spend class warfare anymore. Their party is split and fighting the far left zealots that won't move to the middle like it did when Bill Clinton won. So it's off to 2018 and with no policy to run on the thing to do is lie and keep repeating it.

You socialists created this and now when it's thrown back in your direction you cry foul?

It's going to be a great 8 years! :yes:
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
DfwRevolution
Posts: 8901
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Why the trend of calling Trump "45?" Obama was not - or only rarely - referred to as 44. It made sense to distinguish GHWB and GWB as 41 and 43, but there's no previous President Trump we're going to confuse. Just can't bring yourself to write President Trump?
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5985
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:07 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
That is the norm now. CNN ran with a story that said Pres Trump slept with hookers and his lawyer had regular meetings with Putin's guys.


They said a myriad of times alleged and supposedly and such. You don't have to make that obvious that you didn't even read/see the coverage before judging it.

But hey, good news, apparently the FBI (!) Issued an arrest warrant against Obama. At least in the alternative news world you get you "news" from...

http://americainformer.com/breaking-fbi ... r-wiretap/

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
rfields5421
Posts: 5887
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:18 pm

socalgeo wrote:
if it is true then Obama may end up in jail.


Nope. Richard Nixon could not have been sent to jail for ordering the Watergate breakin. However, he might possibly have been prosecutable for lying to the FBI about during the investigation. Even that is subject to debate because of the broad immunity a person holds while president.

I do wonder if this is another dream or there is some basis to the claim.

A bigger question if there is evidence of bugging, who did it? I doubt the Obama White House did it. There is no upside and plenty of negative in such an action. Obama also knows after 8 years in the job that such things always get made public.

If there was bugging my list of candidates are:
1 Republican National Committee
2 Russian intelligence
3 Intelligence operatives of a 'NATO or similar ally
4 Other Republican candidates
5 Democratic National Committee
 
User avatar
cpd
Posts: 5012
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
As usual, he makes this charge without any proof or any solid eveidence.


That is the norm now. CNN ran with a story that said Pres Trump slept with hookers and his lawyer had regular meetings with Putin's guys. Both of which where false. That is how each side tries to destroy itself. It was born from the fact the DNC thought they would cruise to victory with President Hilllary, and Speaker of the house Pelosi and majority leader Schumer. When that didn't happen the DNC had to accept the fact they were old news.

The county doesn't want their high tax, high spend class warfare anymore. Their party is split and fighting the far left zealots that won't move to the middle like it did when Bill Clinton won. So it's off to 2018 and with no policy to run on the thing to do is lie and keep repeating it.

You socialists created this and now when it's thrown back in your direction you cry foul?

It's going to be a great 8 years! :yes:


Your side makes up plenty of half truths as well.

It's so much fun watching the conservatives writhing and convulsing about trying to defend their leader to the death, even when he is indefensible.

Even if he was bugged, they are doing this to protect your national security. Someone has to protect America from the scourge of Communist influence on the right. ;)
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:33 pm

I suspect the FBI got a FISA warrant authorized surveillance of FOREIGN spies in communication with someone at Trump Towers.

a wiretap under the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) A traditional wire tape requires evidence amounting to probably cause of commission of a crime. A FISA wiretap requires no showing of a crime, just evidence amounting to probably cause that the target of the wiretaps is an agent of a foreign power. ( a foreign power can be another country or a foreign terrorist organization,)
 
johnboy
Posts: 2604
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Obviously he knows something YUUUUGE is coming down the pike (actually it's probably Sauron Bannon who has his talon in the wind on this).

He's merely trying to obfuscate by getting ahead of the news and send out today's newest meme for the Deplorables

Btw, the POTUS can't just order a tap without the Justice Department going to a judge with evidence to trigger a tap. I'm sure colluding with the Russians would be enough to get that permission.

Moral of the story: don't trash talk your predecessors, don't fuck over the intelligence community, and take your meds, Red Don.
 
salttee
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:56 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I suspect the FBI got a FISA warrant authorized surveillance of FOREIGN spies in communication with someone at Trump Towers.


You mean like:
EXCLUSIVE: FBI ‘Granted FISA Warrant’ Covering Trump Camp’s Ties To Russia
https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi- ... to-russia/
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 pm

socalgeo wrote:
Its a serious charge that the President is making. Seemingly, do or die for him. If it is a lie, then the Trump presidency may be effectively over, if it is true then Obama may end up in jail. Pretty heavy stuff actually...


I am pretty certain that if this turns out to be a lie there won't be any further jeopardizing of his presidency. I couldn't imagine why, it'll just be another lie. It's not like him - or his camp - blatantly lying to the public did him any harm at all.
That being said I firmly believe it is just that, another lie, because if he had even the slightest bit of evidence, he would have tweeted it along. I can actually imagine quite well where this came from. I guess all we'll have to do is take a good look at what Limbaugh talk radio, Breitbart or Fox published in the hours before the tweet.

The only way this might seriously hurt him is if it in fact turned out true because that would mean that (leaving aside the entirely crazy idea that Obama personally send one of his SecretService agents there on a special mission to tap the Tower) there was an order from some judge who thinks there was reason enough to start bugging the apartment. Which would inevitably link to the Russia story again.
Q400 E175 CRJ9 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B738 B788
X3 LH 4U TP US YX SN EI LA
FRA STR HAM TXL ACE BRU BLL DUB MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT
 
KLDC10
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:03 pm

lugie wrote:
The only way this might seriously hurt him is if it in fact turned out true because that would mean that (leaving aside the entirely crazy idea that Obama personally send one of his SecretService agents there on a special mission to tap the Tower) there was an order from some judge who thinks there was reason enough to start bugging the apartment. Which would inevitably link to the Russia story again.


True, but if such a warrant had indeed been granted, then it would appear that nothing has yet come of it. Which would open the door to claiming political persecution.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/772/A320/A332/A333/E190
 
KLDC10
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:08 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
I do wonder if this is another dream or there is some basis to the claim.

A bigger question if there is evidence of bugging, who did it? I doubt the Obama White House did it. There is no upside and plenty of negative in such an action. Obama also knows after 8 years in the job that such things always get made public.

If there was bugging my list of candidates are:
1 Republican National Committee
2 Russian intelligence
3 Intelligence operatives of a 'NATO or similar ally
4 Other Republican candidates
5 Democratic National Committee


I'm holding out judgement for the time being, since it seemed to come right out of the blue. However, it is such a serious allegation to make that it would be incredibly unusual to make it without evidence. So let's wait and see.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/772/A320/A332/A333/E190
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:12 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
Why the trend of calling Trump "45?" Obama was not - or only rarely - referred to as 44. It made sense to distinguish GHWB and GWB as 41 and 43, but there's no previous President Trump we're going to confuse. Just can't bring yourself to write President Trump?


Because I refuse to say his name.

NIKV69 wrote:
That is the norm now. CNN ran with a story that said Pres Trump slept with hookers and his lawyer had regular meetings with Putin's guys. Both of which where false.


You're missing something here: Trump made the tweet, not CNN. CNN and other outlets just reported on it. So what you said makes no sense.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:36 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:
I do wonder if this is another dream or there is some basis to the claim.

A bigger question if there is evidence of bugging, who did it? I doubt the Obama White House did it. There is no upside and plenty of negative in such an action. Obama also knows after 8 years in the job that such things always get made public.

If there was bugging my list of candidates are:
1 Republican National Committee
2 Russian intelligence
3 Intelligence operatives of a 'NATO or similar ally
4 Other Republican candidates
5 Democratic National Committee


I'm holding out judgement for the time being, since it seemed to come right out of the blue. However, it is such a serious allegation to make that it would be incredibly unusual to make it without evidence. So let's wait and see.
Claiming that millions voted illegally is a serious allegation to make. That was made without any evidence.
 
salttee
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Hillis wrote:
Trump made the tweet, not CNN. CNN and other outlets just reported on it. So what you said makes no sense.


That's an example of why I consider this guy to be just a troll. He's not a serious poster, and shouldn't be engaged in reason based conversation.
If you respond to him at all, I'd suggest just giving back what he puts out.
 
salttee
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:07 pm

BTW
Here's an interesting background piece,

Trump accused Obama of 'McCarthyism.' But Trump's lifelong mentor had a crucial role in its rise.
(Trump's) lifelong attorney and mentor - Roy Cohn, one of the men who helped mold Trump into Trump

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:12 pm

salttee wrote:
Hillis wrote:
Trump made the tweet, not CNN. CNN and other outlets just reported on it. So what you said makes no sense.


That's an example of why I consider this guy to be just a troll. He's not a serious poster, and shouldn't be engaged in reason based conversation.
If you respond to him at all, I'd suggest just giving back what he puts out.


That's the idea. And I honestly think he believes all that stuff. Which makes it that much more tragic.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146
 
salttee
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Hillis wrote:
I honestly think he believes all that stuff.

I don't think so, he's just trolling IMO.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:20 pm

salttee wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I suspect the FBI got a FISA warrant authorized surveillance of FOREIGN spies in communication with someone at Trump Towers.


You mean like:
EXCLUSIVE: FBI ‘Granted FISA Warrant’ Covering Trump Camp’s Ties To Russia
https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi- ... to-russia/


i read that several weeks ago, but since the FBI didn't confirm or deny. I figured it was a open investigation or it wasn't true.

What has been confirmed. is that the FBI went to Federal judge to get a FISA warrant in July to tap Trump Towers because of Trump campaign members connections with Russia.

the judge denied the request saying the scope was too broad.. Are you positive that they got it approved the second time? If so why isn't anybody confirming? Catching Trump Top cabinet members lying about visiting the Russians ambassador is easily explainable if they were wiretapping the Russian Ambassador I suspect they would of got a wiretap for that since he is well know as a spy recruiter and top spy back in the day and especially since everyone wants to visit him in the Trump organization.
I think that's what hanged Flynn, and will probably hang Sessions.

Where i'm baffled, is at why Trump would take to twitter to try to turn his base against Obama? I give up, trying to figure him out, since he tweeted about the celebrity apprentice ratings right after accusing Obama of wiretapping.
 
apodino
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:35 pm

A non objective look at the situation.

Trump is making some very serious allegations here. If these allegations can be proven, which they have not so far, it raises questions on both sides of the issue.

1. Did Obama wiretap without a warrant? I don't think he would even do this, but you never know.
2. Assuming that a warrant was issued, what was the scope and probable cause of the warrant. Was the wiretapping limited to just this scope, or did they go beyond this.
3. If the probable cause is something legit against trump, are there grounds for impeachment?
4. If there was no wiretapping at all, then what does Trump have to gain by making these allegations? Even he cant be stupid enough to make baseless allegations of this severity, knowing if they are false that his credibility takes a big hit, even among those who support him.

I want more facts to come out before I take a side on this. There is a lot of shouting on both sides, and with very few facts coming out and a press that seems to have an agenda one way or the other, the truth is something we are still not getting. Kind of related to this, a couple of more questions were raised this week.

1. I find it very odd that Valerie Jarrett decided to move in with Obama. Valerie Jarrett is not a poor woman by any stretch, and Obama is a married man. Jarrett can easily afford her own place. This makes no sense to me at all. I am not sure what they are up to here.
2. Sessions was ridiculed about the Russian Ambassador thing. The issue is, that the reporting on this was incomplete as the answer he gave to Al Franken's full question (Not the cliff notes version) was truthful as important context was omitted. Many other Senators, including several in the Democratic Party, met with the same man. If Sessions meeting was for campaign purposes, which appears unlikely, then what was the Democrats context of the meetings.

It seems like the Swamp in DC is getting murkier and murkier. Not because of Trumps Cabinet, but because of all the rest of the stuff going on here. And we are all paying for it.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11215
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:39 pm

Hillis wrote:
You're missing something here: Trump made the tweet, not CNN. CNN and other outlets just reported on it. So what you said makes no sense.


No he didn't. Buzzfeed reported both Trump had sex with Russian hookers and his lawyer Michael Cohen met with Russia and CNN ran with it while even MSNBC waited to see if these stories were valid and didn't report it. The hooker story was made up and they and had the wrong Cohen. Just because CNN said they weren't sure it was true doesn't absolve them from blame, As journalists you have a duty to investigate the story before you report it. You can't do it to destroy someone then when it fails because it's not true claim ignorance and say "We get it wrong sometimes" that isn't how a news network is supposed to work. It's like George Constanza having sex with the cleaning lady in his office at work. You can't claim to not have not known that is wrong.

As usual sir, you missed it. My point is valid. If you are going to attack it please have facts and not propaganda.

As for the calling President Trump "45" that is their way of being in denial that HIllary lost. Don't even say his name. Can you imagine if we did that with Obama? I never called Obama "44" I still gave him the respect he deserved and called him President Obama.

Again the fringe left really needs to check themselves and really should seek some professional help on dealing with their emotions. It's sad.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
apodino
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:42 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
You're missing something here: Trump made the tweet, not CNN. CNN and other outlets just reported on it. So what you said makes no sense.


No he didn't. Buzzfeed reported both Trump had sex with Russian hookers and his lawyer Michael Cohen met with Russia and CNN ran with it while even MSNBC waited to see if these stories were valid and didn't report it. The hooker story was made up and they and had the wrong Cohen. Just because CNN said they weren't sure it was true doesn't absolve them from blame, As journalists you have a duty to investigate the story before you report it. You can't do it to destroy someone then when it fails because it's not true claim ignorance and say "We get it wrong sometimes" that isn't how a news network is supposed to work. It's like George Constanza having sex with the cleaning lady in his office at work. You can't claim to not have not known that is wrong.

As usual sir, you missed it. My point is valid. If you are going to attack it please have facts and not propaganda.

As for the calling President Trump "45" that is their way of being in denial that HIllary lost. Don't even say his name. Can you imagine if we did that with Obama? I never called Obama "44" I still gave him the respect he deserved and called him President Obama.

Again the fringe left really needs to check themselves and really should seek some professional help on dealing with their emotions. It's sad.

The Tweet he was referring to was the Tweet about the Wiretapping, not the Russian hooker story. If you are going to disagree with Liberals, at least understand what they are arguing.
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:44 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
You're missing something here: Trump made the tweet, not CNN. CNN and other outlets just reported on it. So what you said makes no sense.


No he didn't.


Yes, he did tweet it, even FOX News says so. Don't insult my intelligence with your lack of same.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146
 
ltbewr
Posts: 12831
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Manfort left or was pushed out of Trump's campaign due to allegations and investigations of his working for the Russians or pro-Russian Ukrainians. It would not be improbable he was being wiretapped and the FBI went to the FISA court to get a broader wiretap order but denied. Denials of wiretaps by the FISA court are very rare, as the standards required to get such a warrant are very strict.
The problem here is likely the expansion of a story of the FBI going to the FISA court, denied, then the story goes down the rumor lines it gets embellished, mutating into a story of there was an actual wiretap.
The other part of the story here is President Trump trying to trash former President Obama for his own political gain and to drum up his supporters, 1000's of them just happen to be doing 'March 4 Trump' rallies in NYC at 5th Av. Trump Tower and in other locations in the USA.
 
User avatar
cpd
Posts: 5012
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
Why the trend of calling Trump "45?" Obama was not - or only rarely - referred to as 44. It made sense to distinguish GHWB and GWB as 41 and 43, but there's no previous President Trump we're going to confuse. Just can't bring yourself to write President Trump?


And the right never called "44" President Obama, they all called him "Hussein" all the time, but never President Obama. Why was that? Hmm.
 
salttee
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:06 pm

apodino wrote:
2. Sessions was ridiculed about the Russian Ambassador thing. The issue is, that the reporting on this was incomplete as the answer he gave to Al Franken's full question (Not the cliff notes version) was truthful as important context was omitted.

This is the actual transcript of the conversation (Not the cliff notes version).
He said under oath (the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth) while answering the question: "If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

His answer was:
"Senator Frankin I am not aware of any of those activities I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign, I did not have communications with the Russians, I am unable to comment on it."
Sessions out and out lied while trying to evade Frankin's question.

apodino wrote:
Many other Senators, including several in the Democratic Party, met with the same man. If Sessions meeting was for campaign purposes, which appears unlikely, then what was the Democrats context of the meetings.
Various members of the US government met with the Russian Ambassador over the years for various legitimate reasons, but none of them except Trump and his team have tried to soft sell Putin to the American people. And it is significant to note that the Russian Ambassador did not attend the Democratic convention.

apodino wrote:
It seems like the Swamp in DC is getting murkier and murkier.
It seems like your objective in posting is to increase the murkiness.
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 pm

KLDC10 wrote:

True, but if such a warrant had indeed been granted, then it would appear that nothing has yet come of it. Which would open the door to claiming political persecution.


Agreed, so I think this should all be handled with a lot of care until concrete evidence for either outcome surfaces. It's up to Trump to provide that but until then speculations and allegations (from both sides) won't really be of any use. I don't have much hope though that him not bringing forward any proof whatsoever will further damage his reputation among those by whom he isn't already loathed.
Q400 E175 CRJ9 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B738 B788
X3 LH 4U TP US YX SN EI LA
FRA STR HAM TXL ACE BRU BLL DUB MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT
 
FlyDeltaJetsATL
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:39 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 pm

I've refrained from participating in these threads but these ongoing, childish temper tantrums from the anti-right / anti-President Trump crowd are something worth commenting on.

In a nutshell, the left lost, and lost badly. Consequently, many, many sore losers from the left are now carrying on in a manner that explains why the left is losing; they offer nothing of substance. So much for the tolerant left. Who would have guessed that the left was once associated with tolerance now that they have shown their true colors after this massive and humiliating loss.

Donald Trump, yes, Donald Trump, actually, President Donald Trump now, destroyed the career of Hillary Clinton and is going to destroy most things left leaning so get used to it.

Hillis wrote:
There is something psychologically wrong with this man.


Given the frequency of your online-rants and temper tantrums post Nov 8 I wonder if you are speaking from experience?

Hillis wrote:
Don't insult my intelligence with your lack of same.


What intelligence? Fair question given your recent form.

Hillis wrote:
Because I refuse to say his name.


Very mature! Very mature!

Almost as mature as when your side of politics says "well, since your side trashed Obama for the last eight years, we will do the same to Trump".

Reminds me of a crying child saying "they started it!", or, "but they did it first".

Bravo! Bravo!

Jesse
 
salttee
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:28 pm

FlyDeltaJetsATL wrote:
I've refrained from participating in these threads but these ongoing, childish temper tantrums from the anti-right / anti-President Trump crowd are something worth commenting

But the fact that your populist carpetbagger president (who was a personal friend of Roy Cohn) has just accused the previous PTOUS of "McCarthyism" is not worth your comment?
 
Kent350787
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:44 pm

What is the Trump camp trying to cover up by getting in first with an outrageous claim?
 
330west
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:23 am

Simply winning an election, especially one skewed to over-represent useless white trash in flyover country, is not a great measure of what is right or just.
 
afcjets
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:31 am

Hillis wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:
Why the trend of calling Trump "45?"


Because I refuse to say his name.

You're missing something here: Trump made the tweet, not CNN... So what you said makes no sense.


Oops :banghead:
 
KLDC10
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:45 am

Kent350787 wrote:
What is the Trump camp trying to cover up by getting in first with an outrageous claim?


You sure it isn't the other way? Take the heat off Sessions?
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/772/A320/A332/A333/E190
 
salttee
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:48 am

This story sure has legs.

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska demanded in a statement on Saturday that President Donald Trump further explain his allegations that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during the election campaign.

"The President today made some very serious allegations, and the informed citizens that a republic requires deserve more information," Sasse said.

He continued: "We are in the midst of a civilization-warping crisis of public trust, and the President's allegations today demand the thorough and dispassionate attention of serious patriots. A quest for the full truth, rather than knee-jerk partisanship, must be our guide if we are going to rebuild civic trust and health."
http://www.businessinsider.com/sasse-de ... ims-2017-3


This one is very likely to blow up in Trump's face.
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4007
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:32 am

seb146 wrote:
And he said he would release his tax returns after the elections. Or after the non-existent audit. More lies from cheeto-lini

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-aide- ... -complete/


He has also said that there was millions of illegal people voting in the election, and he would set up a special commission to look into it. He said he had a private investigator in Hawaii looking into Obama's birth certificate and that he found some "interesting" things. Has said the was a attack in Sweden that never happened. There is probably more but these are the ones that come to mind.

DfwRevolution wrote:
Why the trend of calling Trump "45?" Obama was not - or only rarely - referred to as 44. It made sense to distinguish GHWB and GWB as 41 and 43, but there's no previous President Trump we're going to confuse. Just can't bring yourself to write President Trump?


I have yet to call Trump President Trump. I refuse to!
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9885
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:41 am

dragon-wings wrote:
seb146 wrote:
And he said he would release his tax returns after the elections. Or after the non-existent audit. More lies from cheeto-lini

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-aide- ... -complete/


He has also said that there was millions of illegal people voting in the election, and he would set up a special commission to look into it. He said he had a private investigator in Hawaii looking into Obama's birth certificate and that he found some "interesting" things. Has said the was a attack in Sweden that never happened. There is probably more but these are the ones that come to mind.

DfwRevolution wrote:
Why the trend of calling Trump "45?" Obama was not - or only rarely - referred to as 44. It made sense to distinguish GHWB and GWB as 41 and 43, but there's no previous President Trump we're going to confuse. Just can't bring yourself to write President Trump?


I have yet to call Trump President Trump. I refuse to!


I agree, and I do not really call him President Trump either. Of course the title President of the US should should convey respect when used, and there in lies a problem.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
vikkyvik
Posts: 12051
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:44 am

socalgeo wrote:
So you have direct knowledge that President Trump is lying? Other than your opinion? If so then produce it here and now. As they say on the interwebs - linky linky, or you stinky.....


You mean the same way President Trump produced evidence "here and now" when he made his tweets? Oh wait....
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11215
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:56 am

330west wrote:
Simply winning an election, especially one skewed to over-represent useless white trash in flyover country, is not a great measure of what is right or just.


This hatred for the working class is exactly why the DNC may never win another election.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
CaliAtenza
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:43 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:58 am

socalgeo wrote:
Hillis wrote:
I'll wait for the usual apologists for this man to show up and explain this away. But the guy is clearly off his rocker. As usual, he makes this charge without any proof or any solid eveidence. And it's absurd to even think this would happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/ ... index.html

There is something psychologically wrong with this man. He takes responsibility for nothing, and he blames everyone for his own and many shortcomings. This is just tragic to watch.


So you have direct knowledge that President Trump is lying? Other than your opinion? If so then produce it here and now. As they say on the interwebs - linky linky, or you stinky.....

Its a serious charge that the President is making. Seemingly, do or die for him. If it is a lie, then the Trump presidency may be effectively over, if it is true then Obama may end up in jail. Pretty heavy stuff actually...

I know you believe that President Trump is insane and out of control, so you really don't need to repeat it over and over. Just consider this: This person (Trump) that you say is "off his rocker", and a liar, and many other nefarious and insane things, has effectively dismantled 80 plus years of conventional electoral politics in this country by knowing exactly the right thing to say or tweet at exactly the right time. Even you Thomas, have to admit that President Trumps epic roll through the 17 other Republican candidates was not just a lucky happenstance of an insane man.

There has been more than a few times in the last 18 months where now President Trump was written off by his enemies, only to beat them badly. So, I don't consider myself an apologist at all, I consider myself a realist. Any objective observer of this situation, being a realist, knowing what President Trump has done in the last 18 months, would take pause at the development of this morning.

Based on objective analysis, I doubt that the President would come out with this kind of thing if there wasn't some truth to it. Depending on the actual circumstances, It is entirely possible that we could see Obama arrested in the next 2 weeks. Given the unhinged state of the left I an very concerned about what they will do when this happens. I suspect that nationwide violence and uprising will be the result, and potentially the end of our republic. And if you doubt that the people who voted for President Trump will tolerate an uprising from the left you are wrong - not a threat, just an observation.


Um, it's already been widely stated that Presidents nor anyone who works within the White House, cannot obtain a warrant from the FISA court, so you can stop with your crazy dreams about Obama being arrested.
 
TheF15Ace
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:09 am

NIKV69 wrote:
330west wrote:
Simply winning an election, especially one skewed to over-represent useless white trash in flyover country, is not a great measure of what is right or just.


This hatred for the working class is exactly why the DNC may never win another election.


Funny how the uneducated, unemployed hicks with no marketable skills, who spend most of their time shouting ''muh jobssss'' are suddenly considered the working class.
Last edited by TheF15Ace on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 9885
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:11 am

NIKV69 wrote:
330west wrote:
Simply winning an election, especially one skewed to over-represent useless white trash in flyover country, is not a great measure of what is right or just.


This hatred for the working class is exactly why the DNC may never win another election.


This hatred for the working class?????? Surely you jest? Trump and the Republicans now represents the working class? This too bizarre for me. Talk about an upside down world the Alternate Universe is. Watch his Agenda and then methinks he may lose a few of those working class voters. He got what he did because of promises, and they remain promises, nothing else along with a bunch of lies. This working class guy wants to see his tax returns, I have been retired for almost twenty years and I still pay taxes on every dime of earnings along with my wife. I have never declared bankruptcy either.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
coolian2
Posts: 2248
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:17 am

vikkyvik wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
So you have direct knowledge that President Trump is lying? Other than your opinion? If so then produce it here and now. As they say on the interwebs - linky linky, or you stinky.....


You mean the same way President Trump produced evidence "here and now" when he made his tweets? Oh wait....

Evidence and perjury is for Liberals only.
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/CRJ-700/-900
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:32 am

KLDC10 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
What is the Trump camp trying to cover up by getting in first with an outrageous claim?


You sure it isn't the other way? Take the heat off Sessions?


It isn't about taking the heat off Sessions. 45 Will throw old Jeff under the bus if he has to. It's about deflecting attention away from the fact that he isn't fit to be president, and that his entire administation is in bed with Russia, not just the AG. And at the end of that list is the current President.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146
 
330west
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:36 am

NIKV69 wrote:
330west wrote:
Simply winning an election, especially one skewed to over-represent useless white trash in flyover country, is not a great measure of what is right or just.


This hatred for the working class is exactly why the DNC may never win another election.


The people you refer to as the working class neither work nor contribute anything of intellectual or cultural value to the US. The vast majority of them live in recipient states that pay less in federal taxes than they receive in government aide.
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7644
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: 45 Says Obama Bugged His Office

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:57 am

On Twitter, President Trump went from accusing Obama of wiretapping to trolling Arnold within a few moments and then went to play golf.

Donald just doesn't understand the presidency.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aerlingus747, Bing [Bot], L410Turbolet, MrHMSH, OMP777X, RedTailDTW and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos