afcjets

Re: How Trump treats other heads of state...

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:26 pm

vfw614 wrote:
It's called a sense of humor. Not surprisingly CNN.com has the headline "Trump at Prayer Breakfast: 'Pray for Arnold'. I don't remember them having the headline though "Hillary Clinton endorses SnapChat for self-disappearing emails". The only difference is Trump is joking about polls and ratings, whereas Hillary was joking about national security.

Did I miss something - when exactly was Hillary POTUS like Trump and made a fool of herself as head of state?

Yes, you did.

Hillis

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:08 am

afcjets wrote:
vfw614 wrote:
It's called a sense of humor. Not surprisingly CNN.com has the headline "Trump at Prayer Breakfast: 'Pray for Arnold'. I don't remember them having the headline though "Hillary Clinton endorses SnapChat for self-disappearing emails". The only difference is Trump is joking about polls and ratings, whereas Hillary was joking about national security.

Did I miss something - when exactly was Hillary POTUS like Trump and made a fool of herself as head of state?

Yes, you did.

What did he miss? Care to put in any facts. Remember, alternative facts don't count.
B737-100, B737-200, B737-300, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B727, B-707 DC-10, MD-11, 763, 764, 777, 757-200, 757-300, A-319, A-320, A-321, A-300, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, DASH-2, DASH-3, DASH-8, BAE-146

tommy1808

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:24 am

afcjets wrote:
vfw614 wrote:

Yes, you did.

So, when exactly did Hillary serve as president of the United States?

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

cpd

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:19 am

mariner wrote:
cpd wrote:
Trump should be thankful he is dealing with Turnbull. Bob Carr, Julia Gillard would have roasted Trump. And old Paul Keating, that would have been fun.... ;) (a firestorm of vitriol)

Indeed. But while roasting Mr. Trump may have been entertaining - and a salve to thin-skinned Australian egos - it may also have been destructive.

Yes, Keating was entertaining that's for sure, but he might have been very destructive.

Carr is very clever as well, but without resorting to the level of vitriol of Keating. Both of them I'd say are very, very smart. They can argue a policy position and handle the fine minutiae without bother. That's not so easy to do. And it's something Trump doesn't have. And he won't have it with people like Bannon and Kellyanne Conway. And even worse, Trump is rushing into things. If the reports are right, Bannon is basically out of control and Trump looks to be way out of his depth at this point in time.

If anything, he needs an old, steadying influence and not Bannon or Conway. Someone who knows the processes and the traps too.

seahawk

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:21 am

Hillis wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Nice to see that Trump has a realistic view of Russia and Putin.

I don't call giving him a cyber blowjob 24/7 a realistic view. That, in essence, is what he does to Putin. He clearly loves Putin more than most of his fellow Americans.

I find very refreshing when the US president calls the US not better than Russia when it comes to murdering and killing people its government dislikes. It is kind of what anti-American factions have been saying all along. Trump is so effective at reshaping the public image of the US, that I would call it amazing.

tommy1808

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:30 am

seahawk wrote:
Trump is so effective at reshaping the public image of the US, that I would call it amazing.

Making his own country look bad to make another court look good isn't exactly presidential.
What he basically is sayin is "Russia is an asshole, so was the US and since I have no intention to change that, I can't complain about others doing it.

In pricipal he is admitting to planning crimes against humanity.

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

Francoflier

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:35 am

seahawk wrote:
Trump is so effective at reshaping the public image of the US, that I would call it amazing.

If by 'reshaping' you mean 'destroying', then yes, he is doing an amazing job.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

vfw614

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:50 am

Undoubtedly somewhat hypocritical, but nevertheless quite telling that the speaker of the British Parliament has made his point that while Chinese presidents and Saudi-Arabian kings were, Trump will not be invited to speak in the British Parliament - this because of his sexist and racist views (not my words, his words).

Trump is quickly becoming the pariah of the world community of politicians, despite all the might and power of the US. Quite funny that the British government can force Trump on poor old HM The Queen, but he gets the cold shoulder from Parliament. But it is probably easier for him to meet the queen and talk golfing, dogs and horses than show up in Parliament and talk world trade, diplomacy and defence.

Yes, you did.

Well, at least I did not miss that Donnie was blasting Hillary for the use of a private email server, while for him it appears to be perfectly okay to keep using his private android mobile as POTUS: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2 ... potential/

Speaking of POTUS, when exactly was Hillary POTUS?

zkojq

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 pm

cpd wrote:
Carr is very clever as well, but without resorting to the level of vitriol of Keating. Both of them I'd say are very, very smart. They can argue a policy position and handle the fine minutiae without bother. That's not so easy to do. And it's something Trump doesn't have.

Carr wrote an interesting column on the matter recently:

Gareth Evans’s advice, delivered at the time of Trump’s election, rings true for Australian policymakers: “More Asia. Less US.” It is a matter of just rendering the alliance more matter-of-fact and practical, with Australian leaders ready at all times to reciprocate and deliver the White House a firm “no”, especially when they seek to enlist us for another dubious international adventure, like Vietnam, Afghanistan or Iraq.

In the meantime, we can speculate why the Australian embassy in Washington chose to set up this phone call so soon after Trump signed his executive order freezing Muslim immigration.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion ... bb2bf14f9d

I think that we will see a lot of the 'more Asia, less US' bit from western years in the times ahead.

vfw614 wrote:
Undoubtedly somewhat hypocritical, but nevertheless quite telling that the speaker of the British Parliament has made his point that while Chinese presidents and Saudi-Arabian kings were, Trump will not be invited to speak in the British Parliament - this because of his sexist and racist views (not my words, his words).

I wonder if someone will conveniently forget to arrange a meeting with the Queen for Trump.
First to fly the 787-9 (ZK-NZE, NZ103, 2014-10-09)

LMP737

Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:47 am

Dreadnought wrote:

Australia has all these illegals that they have looked at and decided "we don't want these people in our country". If Australia doesn't want them, why in the hell should we take them? Send them back to wherever they came from.

To send these people back would be a death sentence for some of these people. If I were Australian my attitude would be for those refugees from say Iraq would be one of "You guys had more of a hand in creating them so it's your problem now".
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

cpd

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:02 am

Everything is all smoothed over again courtesy of the Secretary of State:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-stresses ... u7vl2.html

I still suspect our government will be quite cautious in their dealings with the new US administration.

tommy1808

Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi folks,

those crazy lying Journalists, you know they are very bad people, are now actually making fake CGI Trump interviews. Those look perfectly real and they even claim they are....

http://www.msnbc.com/thomas-roberts/wat ... 6112707862

Those lying scum lying Media, we all know perfectly well that Trump never met Putin, tries to paint our great president, the greatest that ever was, as liar.....

Best regards
Thomas

bmacleod

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Very Interesting...in Trump speech to Congress on Tuesday Canadian PM Justin Trudeau was the only foreign leader mentioned.

In 2001 Canadian PM Jean Chretien had to send his Minister of Foreign Affairs to DC to meet with Sec Colin Powell after George W Bush seemed ignorant of Canada and rather focused on strengthening ties with Mexico.

Only after 9/11 - when we provided shelter and hospitality to 1,000 of stranded travelers did Bush officially visit Canada to say "Thank You" - and that wasn't until he was reelected in 2004.

https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/US_president_Bush_visits_Canada

Seems Trump is well aware of this....but due to his huge unpopularity in Canada a visit here is unlikely at least in near future.
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

tommy1808

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 am

One picture that perfectly sums up his latest meeting with a head of state:

best regards
Thomas

zkojq

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
One picture that perfectly sums up his latest meeting with a head of state

Well it was never going to go well, was it? They're intellectual opposites. Merkel has a PHD in quantum chemistry, for crying out loud.

Investigation of the mechanism of decay reactions with single bond breaking and calculation of their velocity constants on the basis of quantum chemical and statistical methods

Trump on the other hand:
Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1321425920

Apparently Merkel prepared for meeting with Trump by reading his interview with Playboy. :rotfl:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 38916.html
First to fly the 787-9 (ZK-NZE, NZ103, 2014-10-09)

Dutchy

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:56 pm

In the end we still have comedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQ8Ai69zEE
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

dtw2hyd

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm

I doubt he intentionally does it, but he is a nervous wreck, with so many reporters and a foreign dignitary he is probably not comfortable with the setting. One option is to have a confidant like an interpreter next to him. What is Ivanka doing now-a-days.

BTW he shook Chancellor Merkel's hand twice, but for some reason he froze here keeping an eye on enemies AKA reporters.