Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aesma

Re: Shots fired at Quebec mosque, at least 5 killed...

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:09 am

6 dead, 2 arrested after shooting at Quebec City mosque
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard call shooting an act of terrorism

A witness, who asked to remain anonymous, told CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.

"It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head," said the witness.

Strange if true, could it be Islamists attacking moderate Muslims ?

TheFlyingDisk

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:45 am

Aesma wrote:
6 dead, 2 arrested after shooting at Quebec City mosque
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard call shooting an act of terrorism

A witness, who asked to remain anonymous, told CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.

"It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head," said the witness.

If that's the case then they can forget about being martyrs.

Or it could be that the gunmen are aping Islamists shouting Allahu akbar before killing people/explode.

anshabhi

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:49 am

Aesma wrote:

Islamists always keep fighting among themselves. Life is hell for Shia Muslims in majority of Middle East.

tommy1808

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:49 am

Aesma wrote:

They want to reinforce traitor Trumps policy to maximize its propaganda value.

Since terror dead used to be Obama´s fault, i´d say those go on Trumps butchers bill.

best regards
Thomas

alberchico
Topic Author

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Why haven't the authorities releases the names of those arrested ? What are they waiting for ???

KLDC10

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:00 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Since terror dead used to be Obama´s fault, i´d say those go on Trumps butchers bill.

best regards
Thomas

You know that Canada and the United States are two separate countries, right? This has nothing to do with the United States.

tommy1808

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:02 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
You know that Canada and the United States are two separate countries, right? This has nothing to do with the United States.

In case you haven´t noticed, terrorism has always been fairly globalized.

best regards
Thomas

DDR

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:31 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

best regards
Thomas

I'm sorry but your post doesn't even make sense. What is terror dead? Actually, what are you even going on about?

Okie

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:51 pm

alberchico wrote:
Why haven't the authorities releases the names of those arrested ? What are they waiting for ???

Because the names are not Smith and Jones from Alabama.

I suspect unless the story can be spun into global warming that there will be little if any mention by evening news cycle.

Okie

mham001

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Give them time, they are apparently still looking for another suspect.

If they are not white men though, there will be great disappointment among those ready to blame Trump.

KWexpress

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:03 pm

DDR wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

best regards
Thomas

I'm sorry but your post doesn't even make sense. What is terror dead? Actually, what are you even going on about?

Thomas tries hard to act reasonable and intellectual, but it is painfully obvious, that he will blame/twist anything and everything as Trump fault. The above comment is yet another example.

KLDC10

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Okie wrote:
alberchico wrote:

I suspect unless the story can be spun into global warming that there will be little if any mention by evening news cycle.

Okie

If it could be found to fit the media agenda, it would be all over the news and splashed across newspaper front pages tomorrow. As it is, it seems like it is being treated as something of a footnote while the media focuses their wrath on the administration. I try to give news outlets the benefit of the doubt, but the bias on display here is just staggering.

Hillis

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:41 pm

mham001 wrote:

If they are not white men though, there will be great disappointment among those ready to blame Trump.

If they are white men, I'm sure you'll find a way to somehow justify it.

mham001

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Hillis wrote:
mham001 wrote:

If they are white men, I'm sure you'll find a way to somehow justify it.

I am sure no matter what I say, you will find some way to spin and twist into something it isn't. It's how you operate.

falstaff

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:45 pm

alberchico wrote:

What is the policy for the releasing of suspect names in Quebec?

Aesma wrote:

Seems to happen frequently in the middle east. It's happened in the US too, but not on a large scale. I remember reading a story in the Detroit Free Press a few years ago where there was religious based violence between Iraqis in Dearborn.

Okie wrote:
Because the names are not Smith and Jones from Alabama

There is likely some truth to that. When there is that kind of violence there are those that are quick to speculate that it is some sort of right wing group or individual. Usually they are proven wrong...

tommy1808 wrote:
In case you haven´t noticed, terrorism has always been fairly globalized.

And around long before most people ever heard of Donald Trump.

WildcatYXU

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:17 pm

flanker

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:35 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed el Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette,

Tugger

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:59 pm

flanker wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed el Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette,

Incorrect. The names released were of one suspect and one witness. I have not yet seen them identify which is which.

Tugg

Scorpio

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Okie wrote:

Okie

I'm sorry, but this nonsense from some on the right really is getting tiresome.

Each and every time there is a shooting or another kind of attack, we hear the same people making up conspiracy theories on the spot about how the names aren't being reported 'because they're not the right kind of names' (i.e. 'because they're muslims', with the clear insinuation that the media and authorities don't pay much attention to these kinds of attacks if they're committed by Muslims).

Then, the names ARE released, also when they're muslims, and the story IS a huge deal. Each and every time. You'd think you guys would learn from that, but no: the BS argument is simply stored, for use at the next occasion that comes along, when you again trot it out, to yet again be proven wrong when the names are released and reported, and the story yet again is a big deal everywhere.

Is this really the kind of nonsense conpiracy crap the Breitbarts of this world are feeding you?

Scorpio

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Tugger wrote:
Incorrect. The names released were of one suspect and one witness. I have not yet seen them identify which is which.

Tugg

Bissonnette is the suspect, el Khadir the witness: http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/01/30/les-deux-suspects-sont-alexandre-bissonnette-et-mohamed-khadir

Tugger

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Scorpio wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Bissonnette is the suspect, el Khadir the witness: http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/01/30/les-deux-suspects-sont-alexandre-bissonnette-et-mohamed-khadir

Thanks, and it makes sense regarding the witnesses name since the attack to place at a mosque.

Tugg

coolian2

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:28 pm

I miss having a leader like Justin Trudeau.

falstaff

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Tugger wrote:
Thanks, and it makes sense regarding the witnesses name since the attack to place at a mosque.

Makes perfect sense... I would think there would be more than one witness though.

Scorpio wrote:
we hear the same people making up conspiracy theories

The left does it too. I recall when Gabby Giffords was shot it was reported that a TEA party guy was the shooter and he went after her because he was influenced by the likes of Rush Limbaugh. Turns out that wasn't the case and the TEA party guy just happened to have the same name as the shooter. More recently the left jumped all over Trump and his supporters when the black church was burned and vote Trump painted on it. That fire was set by a black man, who went to that church, who used the Trump thing to throw people off the trail. The left jumps to as many conclusions as the right and neither side see themselves as part of the problem.

Scorpio wrote:
Bissonnette is the suspect,

It was reported there were two shooters; why only one name?

Scorpio

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:32 pm

falstaff wrote:
The left does it too.

What is this, kindergarten? 'But Miss, he did it too!!'. Irrelevant who did what too, it doesn't justify this particular nonsense.

Tugger

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:35 pm

falstaff wrote:
The left jumps to as many conclusions as the right and neither side see themselves as part of the problem.

Glad you accept that "the right" is as big a problem as "the left". (Or vice versa if that sounds better).

Tugg

NIKV69

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Scorpio wrote:
Okie wrote:

Okie

I'm sorry, but this nonsense from some on the right really is getting tiresome.

Each and every time there is a shooting or another kind of attack, we hear the same people making up conspiracy theories on the spot about how the names aren't being reported 'because they're not the right kind of names' (i.e. 'because they're muslims', with the clear insinuation that the media and authorities don't pay much attention to these kinds of attacks if they're committed by Muslims).

Then, the names ARE released, also when they're muslims, and the story IS a huge deal. Each and every time. You'd think you guys would learn from that, but no: the BS argument is simply stored, for use at the next occasion that comes along, when you again trot it out, to yet again be proven wrong when the names are released and reported, and the story yet again is a big deal everywhere.

Is this really the kind of nonsense conpiracy crap the Breitbarts of this world are feeding you?

No it's because when it's a far right nutbag the MSM uses it to assail the GOP and blame the shootings on any and all GOP.

Or there is always these gems. Where MSNBC was mad a shooter wasn't white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRmPTN07Iz4

MaverickM11

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:

No it's because when it's a far right nutbag the MSM uses it to assail the GOP and blame the shootings on any and all GOP.

Uh...do you say that with zero irony or a truckload of sarcasm? Because this administration plans to keep a tally of immigrant crime, and you can bet if a shooter is Muslim you'll hear about it first from our dear leader. This administration is nothing *but* assailing whole groups based on individual actions. By the way the Quebec shooter was apparently a 'UGE fan of Twitler, and loved to troll refugees and immigrants. I'm sure it's just a coincidence though.

lebda

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:39 am

Y'all got no empathy. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon...

tommy1808

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:34 am

Tugger wrote:
flanker wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

Tugg

And not much surprise here, he is a Trump/Le Pen supporter.
We should have a travel ban on countries with strong trumpism, who knows where else his terrorists show up.
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/0 ... la-mosquee

Best regards
Thomas

Scorpio

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:14 am

NIKV69 wrote:

You really believe it too, don't you?

Or there is always these gems. Where MSNBC was mad a shooter wasn't white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRmPTN07Iz4

Except of course that she doesn't.

tommy1808

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:18 am

Scorpio wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

You really believe it too, don't you?.

Isn´t it cute how they get their panties in a twist when someone refuses to call 1.3 Billion people terrorists over the action of a few, but when tables are reversed don´t want to have any of it?

best regards
Thomas

Tugger

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Gee, mostly silence on this. No real gigantic story in the press being pushed by some mythical "side" (or the falsely identified "MSM" of which "right wing radio" and Fox are part of so I don't know how it is used by some people as a method to dismiss or attack stories). And no one coming one here to finish their arguments about who this would turn out to be caused by.

Instead law enforcement is doing its job and will prosecute the shooter and that will be the end.

Tugg

A332DTW

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:25 pm

When you think about how the Islamic prayer works, it's a truly grim picture to imagine this attack. Muslims use prostration during prayer and are usually turned away from any entrances to avoid distractions. The terrorist basically shot those worshippers in their backs. He never saw their faces.