• 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
User avatar
neutrino
Topic Author
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Hey, I still want my wisky, my good fellow, won it fair and square :D


Here, have a drink with me:
Image
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:30 pm

neutrino wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Hey, I still want my wisky, my good fellow, won it fair and square :D


Here, have a drink with me:
Image



cheers mate, but no ice :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
neutrino
Topic Author
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:58 am

Dutchy wrote:
cheers mate, but no ice :D


True connoisseur of heavenly poison, eh? Here you go:
Image
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:58 pm

neutrino wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
cheers mate, but no ice :D


True connoisseur of heavenly poison, eh? Here you go:
Image


Thanks. Now Spyhunter :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:51 am

I do indeed owe Dutchy a whisky! I thought that the Dutch PM was given very timely help by the Turkish Govt, which is pretty much run from Berlin, who were of course anxious to keep Gert out.

Happily German machinations in London were not so successful, and the assassination attempt on Theresa May failed!

Stalin was taken out by the Russian GRU after they discovered the existence of the DVD and the fact that he was a German agent, hence the attacks on the Red Army and Russia's lack of preparedness for WW2. Churchill didn't know that Joe was working the Germans, indeed talking to his late grandson in the Navy Club in Mayfair a couple of years before his untimely death it is clear that poor old Winnie was kept in the dark until he died.

I like to deliver on my promises Dutchy, so let me know when and where I can buy you that drink!

Sorry I've been slow in replying, but it's been a busy couple of weeks. Assassination attempts invariably increase my workload.
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
Happily German machinations in London were not so successful, and the assassination attempt on Theresa May failed!

Stalin was taken out by the Russian GRU after they discovered the existence of the DVD and the fact that he was a German agent, hence the attacks on the Red Army and Russia's lack of preparedness for WW2. Churchill didn't know that Joe was working the Germans, indeed talking to his late grandson in the Navy Club in Mayfair a couple of years before his untimely death it is clear that poor old Winnie was kept in the dark until he died.

Wow, Spyhunter in full swing...

Spyhunter wrote:
I like to deliver on my promises Dutchy, so let me know when and where I can buy you that drink!

A drink?!?! You owe him a full bottle...
 
georgiabill
Posts: 906
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:53 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Spyhunter what about the luna landings?
 
WIederling
Posts: 3245
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:44 pm

georgiabill wrote:
Spyhunter what about the luna landings?

As in Luna 1.2.3.....17 ( Lunochod 1) ... 21( Lunochod 2 ) ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_prog ... hievements

?
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:14 pm

georgiabill wrote:
Spyhunter what about the luna landings?

He already commented on the lunar landings. Don't be disappointed - he thinks they really happened...
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:59 pm

N14AZ wrote:
Spyhunter wrote:
I like to deliver on my promises Dutchy, so let me know when and where I can buy you that drink!

A drink?!?! You owe him a full bottle...


True and easier to arrange ;)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:32 pm

I'll make it a double then! And Single Malt too! Dutchy - let me know next time you're headed to Little Old England. I daresay you land here from to time to time.

The lunar landings happened, at least the American ones did. The flags and the laser reflectors are still up there, where the Apollo astronauts left them. Remember I've had the privilege of meeting two Apollo mission commanders, General Tom Stafford and Captain Jim Lovell, both very fine men.

Jim's spacemanship after the murderous Germans sabotaged his spacecraft was outstanding. The survival of the Apollo XIII crew was a huge blow to the German DVD. I still have an Apollo XIII patch, which a nice lady from NASA was handing out at a space conference, and a book signed by Jim Lovell.

Sorry again about the delays in replying. After the failed German attempt to assassinate Theresa May there came the false flag gas attack in Idlib Province.

General McMaster is toast. It's now been confirmed that the agent used was NOT Sarin, but either chlorine or a chlorine compound like phosgene. Nothing to do with Damascus - no wonder Pooters was looking so chipper on the evening news. He's really going to hammer the State Department and the Foreign Office over this.

The attack was co-ordinated by Turkish Intelligence, using local al Qaeda assets. We've had people on the ground at Khan Shaykhun and they've got the name of the operational commander, a bird colonel in Turkish Intelligence.

I rejected both Sarin and Syrian government involvement in an article published on Sunday night. By Monday night VT went public with the name of the Turkish intel guy and the leader of the terrorist unit responsible. Putin and Lavrov have seen the VT report, and my article, and went on the offensive today.

The Russians have some good WMD scientists, who have been able to rule Sarin out conclusively. Apart from anything else Sarin can be absorbed dermally - had it been used the medical staff would be dead.

Copies of my article are now circulating on the Hill and in the House of Commons. A back-channel copy for the White House went out a few hours ago.

Boris Johnson and Rex Tillerson are being made to look like house-trained idiots, no offense intended. Only way out for Tillerson is to blame Langley and McMaster. HUGE implications for CIA - they called this one spectacularly wrong and will I am sure be made to pay the institutional price for the greatest intelligence blunder of the 21st century so far. CIA never learnt the lessons of their failures to report the links between Saddam and 9-11 and their screw-up over Iraq's WMD programs, which by the way included both chlorine and phosgene. They tend to politicise intelligence and did so in this case, distorting their analysis in an attempt to match the intel to the agency's political priorities, which in this case included worsening US/Russian relations. They abandoned objectivity completely and produced politically-motivated trash, which is now falling apart like trash intel reports always do when serious intelligence professionals get involved.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
I'll make it a double then! And Single Malt too! Dutchy - let me know next time you're headed to Little Old England. I daresay you land here from to time to time.


That is quite disappointing. ;)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:59 am

Oh dear, did I promise a bottle? I'm only a poor, humble lawyer!

It is a great pity that Hollywood does not make greater use of people with aircraft recognition skills - an old episode of Ironside (No Motive For Murder, 1971) was rerun in England this week, on ITV4. Ironside flies to Tokyo and in one of the more spectacular aircraft continuity boo-boos he changes mid-fight from a Boeing Stratocruiser to a 747!

The producers then go on to depict a US amphibious assault in the Pacific by using footage of a British Town-class cruiser, complete with Battle Ensigns, from that fine war movie The Battle of the River Plate!

I was right about Syria - a complete phoney.
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:00 am

Oh dear, did I promise a bottle? I'm only a poor, humble lawyer!

It is a great pity that Hollywood does not make greater use of people with aircraft recognition skills - an old episode of Ironside (No Motive For Murder, 1971) was rerun in England this week, on ITV4. Ironside flies to Tokyo and in one of the more spectacular aircraft continuity boo-boos he changes mid-fight from a Boeing Stratocruiser to a 747!

The producers then go on to depict a US amphibious assault in the Pacific by using footage of a British Town-class cruiser, complete with Battle Ensigns, from that fine war movie The Battle of the River Plate!

I was right about Syria - a complete phoney.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 5203
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:30 am

Moose135 wrote:
Oh, I've learned a lot already...


Let me guess, what you have learned made you a huge proponent of government sponsored mental health programs?

This thread is like passing a horrible wreck on the highway.


I just come here to see how powerful Germany is :D

best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3355
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:05 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
I just come here to see how powerful Germany is :D

best regards
Thomas

I came for the Malaysian tragedies,
I stayed for the Greek tragedy.
Attamottamotta!
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3355
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
I'm only a poor, humble lawyer!

Please provide your definition of humble. :-)
Attamottamotta!
 
WIederling
Posts: 3245
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:27 pm

petertenthije wrote:
Spyhunter wrote:
I'm only a poor, humble lawyer!

Please provide your definition of humble. :-)


Scale goes from "James Britt Donovan" down to Matt666 ? ;-)
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
neutrino
Topic Author
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
Oh dear, did I promise a bottle?

May I take the unsolicited, self-granted liberty of chipping in as a follower of the exchanges between you two fine gentlemen? The bet was agreed circa five months ago and as we are not getting any younger, (I am assuming all three of us are above fifty), details of certain not-so-important matters might slip our minds. So allow me to dig out and refresh the relevant facts pertaining to the points of the agreement. Here we go:
Dutchy wrote:
But lets make it interesting. If you want to put your money were your mouth is, let's put a good bottle of wiskey on it, whether Wilders / PVV is going to be the largest party in the '17 Dutch national elections. Deal?!

Spyhunter wrote:
Deal! Or would you prefer a bottle of Bols, if I lose?

Dutchy wrote:
Nope, no Jenever for me, don't like it, I prefer a smooth Scottish one ;-).


I note that you gentlemen reside in different countries but in these days of e-commerce, it is at the tips of our fingers to place an order of tons of stuffs and have them delivered to the vast majority of countries in the world. If you don't mind me being a busybody, I would like to respectfully suggest that Spyhunter order a bottle of whiskey, the type of which is to be mutually agreed, from one of the many online sellers based in the Netherlands and have it delivered to Dutchy's to-be-specified address.QED!
Here's one of the many examples of online whisky dealers:
https://www.whiskysite.nl/en/ and also a sample page; https://www.whiskysite.nl/en/search/singleton/

I am only an occasional whisky drinker (haven't touched it in years till recently) but a few months ago I happened to have won a bottle of Singleton (pic below) at a dinner event. It taste good and I would recommend it but then I am no authority on whiskys.
Image
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:23 pm

neutrino wrote:
Spyhunter wrote:
Oh dear, did I promise a bottle?

May I take the unsolicited, self-granted liberty of chipping in as a follower of the exchanges between you two fine gentlemen? The bet was agreed circa five months ago and as we are not getting any younger, (I am assuming all three of us are above fifty), details of certain not-so-important matters might slip our minds. So allow me to dig out and refresh the relevant facts pertaining to the points of the agreement. Here we go:
Dutchy wrote:
But lets make it interesting. If you want to put your money were your mouth is, let's put a good bottle of wiskey on it, whether Wilders / PVV is going to be the largest party in the '17 Dutch national elections. Deal?!

Spyhunter wrote:
Deal! Or would you prefer a bottle of Bols, if I lose?

Dutchy wrote:
Nope, no Jenever for me, don't like it, I prefer a smooth Scottish one ;-).


I note that you gentlemen reside in different countries but in these days of e-commerce, it is at the tips of our fingers to place an order of tons of stuffs and have them delivered to the vast majority of countries in the world. If you don't mind me being a busybody, I would like to respectfully suggest that Spyhunter order a bottle of whiskey, the type of which is to be mutually agreed, from one of the many online sellers based in the Netherlands and have it delivered to Dutchy's to-be-specified address.QED!
Here's one of the many examples of online whisky dealers:
https://www.whiskysite.nl/en/ and also a sample page; https://www.whiskysite.nl/en/search/singleton/

I am only an occasional whisky drinker (haven't touched it in years till recently) but a few months ago I happened to have won a bottle of Singleton (pic below) at a dinner event. It taste good and I would recommend it but then I am no authority on whiskys.
Image


Sounds good to me ;-).
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Let me know your address Dutchy! And thank you Neutrino!

If you want a definition of humble I expect I would be it! (!)

Interested to see the Independent Group's questioning of CSIRO re MH370. It's time the flaperon flap was over - the plane was shot down over the South China Sea, period. I want an aeroplane, even in bits, not a flaperon off a Chinese 777 in for maintenance.

Looks like Jared Kushner and Reince Priebus are in trouble over Syria. Like MH370 we have have evidence without an audit trail, in this case some sarin samples. I'd be a lot more impressed if MI6 actually had some assets on the ground in Khan Shaykhun. Always look at the chain of evidence.

For readers of British Mensa's excellent Flypaper the latest issue (159) has an interesting article by Martin Holloway on AF447. That was another case with a missing link in the chain of evidence, to wit the linking of the black boxes to the shot-down aircraft.

Martin knows his stuff. Whilst he accepts the OVE, up to a point, and does not query the authenticity of the black boxes, he is clearly startled by the degree of incompetence attributed to the pilots. He also makes the point I have been making since the shoot-down - the boys had GPS, which no more needs a pitot tube to give a ground speed indication than my Daimler. 117 knots ground speed in a laden A330? 17 deg pitch up? And they didn't know they were stalled?

You'd be worrying about stalling a laden DC-6 at 117 knots, never mind a wide-body. And 17 degrees? Stuff would have rolling back towards the cockpit door - coffee cups, pens, you name it. How could any trained pilot, let alone an experienced airline pilot, not know the plane had stalled at 17 deg, working ADIs or not, and the ADIs were working.

The OVE is fatuous nonsense. Sadly Marine isn't likely to win on 7th May, so we won't be seeing a serious investigation in France any time soon.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:55 am

Sure, send you a PM with my address, looking forward to receiving it. I will make the first toast to your health.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
117 knots ground speed in a laden A330? 17 deg pitch up? And they didn't know they were stalled?


I might be being a bit of a wally or something, but I'm sure AF447's wings couldn't care less about their groundspeed. Of course aircraft need pilot tubes, airspeed is the name of the game with flying you know.
 
Flighty
Posts: 8384
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:54 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Spyhunter wrote:
117 knots ground speed in a laden A330? 17 deg pitch up? And they didn't know they were stalled?


I might be being a bit of a wally or something, but I'm sure AF447's wings couldn't care less about their groundspeed. Of course aircraft need pilot tubes, airspeed is the name of the game with flying you know.


You're not wrong, but Spyhunter is not wrong either. 117 knots ground speed in a laden A330, that is something a pilot would find meaningful.
 
User avatar
neutrino
Topic Author
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:37 am

Dutchy wrote:
Sure, send you a PM with my address, looking forward to receiving it. I will make the first toast to your health.

And the second to me. ;)
Spyhunter, I'm joining you in the ranks of published author pretty soon. :)
Two years in the making, including more than a year of production delays due to sponsorship issues, my 200 page, 90,000 words, 11"x11" illustrated tome on the three postwar generations of 50 professional photographers and a brief history of professional photography in Singapore will be out within the next two months. Like yours, it is quite niche, and it will be on very limited sales, with the majority of the 1,000 copies given free to public libraries and schools as per agreement with the sponsors. And no, I'm not as humble as your good self though much poorer. :oops:
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:34 am

neutrino wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Sure, send you a PM with my address, looking forward to receiving it. I will make the first toast to your health.

And the second to me. ;)
Spyhunter, I'm joining you in the ranks of published author pretty soon. :)
Two years in the making, including more than a year of production delays due to sponsorship issues, my 200 page, 90,000 words, 11"x11" illustrated tome on the three postwar generations of 50 professional photographers and a brief history of professional photography in Singapore will be out within the next two months. Like yours, it is quite niche, and it will be on very limited sales, with the majority of the 1,000 copies given free to public libraries and schools as per agreement with the sponsors. And no, I'm not as humble as your good self though much poorer. :oops:


I drink to that! Seriously, well done! Quite an achievement to get published! I hope I will get the chance to do it one day. I am writing a novel, but I haven't worked on it for over a year :(
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sat May 06, 2017 11:48 am

Good luck with the book Neutrino! Very few people are as humble as myself!

Well said Flighty - of course pilots are going to notice 117 knots ground speed in a laden 330! That says one thing and one thing only - you're falling out of the sky.

300 knot headwinds are thankfully rare! Of course airspeed is what matters - my point is that if your pitot tubes have all failed and you have no ASI the GPS ground speed readout will give you an indication of your airspeed. You should have a rough idea of the wind speed and direction, indeed if you're pitots have all gone U/S suddenly you'll have a fairly good idea, enough to keep you from stalling anyway.

Sadly, it looks as though Macron will win tomorrow and we'll have another 5 years of cover-up in Paris. Along with Concorde the AF447 cover-up has destroyed the credibility of French aircraft 'accident' investigation. The Fifth Republic continues to be mired in sleaze, like its Vichy forerunner.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sun May 07, 2017 8:58 am

What is it about the Concorde crash, that was covered up, Spyhunter?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
VSMUT
Posts: 799
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Sun May 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Flighty wrote:
117 knots ground speed in a laden A330, that is something a pilot would find meaningful.


Spyhunter wrote:
Well said Flighty - of course pilots are going to notice 117 knots ground speed in a laden 330! That says one thing and one thing only - you're falling out of the sky.


No it isn't. When I fly, I only ever look for the ground speed when I need to know the ETA, calculate rate of descent, or out of pure curiousity. That's it. It absolutely certainly is one of the last places a pilot would look for if the aircraft was doing strange things. It also tends to be a pretty finicky piece of equipment too, on a couple of recent flights I caught it displaying 20 knots during approach.


Spyhunter wrote:
300 knot headwinds are thankfully rare!


No they aren't. 300 knots is pretty common, especially in the tropics where you have a lot more energy in the air.


Spyhunter wrote:
Of course airspeed is what matters - my point is that if your pitot tubes have all failed and you have no ASI the GPS ground speed readout will give you an indication of your airspeed.


If you lose the pitot tubes, the method is to maintain pitch and power. Correcting your flight based on ground speed will only get you killed.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 4622
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Mon May 08, 2017 6:12 am

Ground speed could have been an indicator on what was going on, just like angle of attack, rate of climb,....
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Wed May 10, 2017 6:27 pm

I agree with Seahawk, with respect. Ground speed gives you an indication. If all your pitots suddenly go u/s, you should have enough situational awareness to know roughly what the wind is doing and work out your approximate airspeed from your groundspeed.

I must confess that I've never encountered a headwind of 300 knots - I can't believe they're as common as all that. Journeys would be seriously delayed if aircraft were only doing a ground speed of say 200 knots! Of course in my old Bulldog we would have been flying backwards with a 300 knot headwind! Most probably upside down as well, if I were at the controls.

Well done to Singapore by the way - they apparently looked after my old man, now in his late 80s, on a very rare trip home from Oz recently, and back to Eagle Farm via Changi. They're a good airline. Dad was a Sabre jockey back in the day.

Anybody know anything about Baltic Air, BTW? I've been asked to pop over to Riga in July and they seem to be the only option from the UK. They seem to fly fairly antique 73s, but perhaps I'm just being a bit sniffy!

Dutchy: the French covered up the missing spacer on the port bogie, for some time, along with the fact that the aircraft was overweight and had been given the wrong runway, which resulted in her taking off downwind. Then they invented that story about the missing titanium strip from the Continental DC-10-30. That aircraft was inspected on arrival in Houston and the wear trips were intact. I'm the one who warned Gordon Bethune that his fine airline was being set up.

I rather liked Continental and was sorry to see them swallowed up by the fluffy-bunny-killers.

Their Business First was an excellent product, as indeed was their old First Class. I seem to recall a rather good selection of ports and liqueurs on a flight home from Houston during the battle to save Rolls from our community partner the Hun.
 
VSMUT
Posts: 799
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
I agree with Seahawk, with respect. Ground speed gives you an indication. If all your pitots suddenly go u/s, you should have enough situational awareness to know roughly what the wind is doing and work out your approximate airspeed from your groundspeed.


Which would be assuming you knew the exact windspeed and direction, and that it remains a constant. Breaking news, winds rarely remain the same for very long at those altitudes.

Pitch and power is the correct way to do it, not playing about with unknown variables that aren't even used for flying the aircraft in the first place. It would have worked for AF447 too, much better than your suicidal ground speed method in any case. Not to mention situational awareness from using the weather radar properly and looking outside as well.
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: MH370 & MH17: Spyhunter theories for his fans

Thu May 18, 2017 7:09 pm

My last post seems to have got lost! No-one sensible is saying you fly a plane without a functioning ASI by the groundspeed. The argument is that the groundspeed readout from the GPS can be used to work out a rough airspeed whilst you stabilise the aircraft and turn towards land. Of course you should look outside the aircraft and watch your pitch and power.

Once you're in radar range (it's no accident that unlike TWA800, AF447 was shot down outside radar range - the Germans and Iranians learnt from their mistake) you can ask for radar guidance. ATC should be able to give a reasonable Met report as well and if need be a chase plane could be sent up.

The old man was saved by a chase plane over West Germany once, a fellow Sabre, after he lost his pitot tube when putting in a spot of low-level aviating, so low level in fact that he was below the top of the nearest tree!
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 330west, bananaboy, salttee, WildcatYXU and 3 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos