seb146

RE: Musician Prince Dies Aged 57

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:09 am

Quoting mham001 (Reply 48):
Will we have to revile Prince now that we know he was against gay marriage?

What does that have to do with anything? My father was a closed minded bigot.

Was Prince against us getting married? I don't know.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

DIRECTFLT

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:30 am

I love Prince.... That summer of 1984 was so incredible.... The Jacksons, Van Halen, and Purple Rain...

Saw Prince perform NYE 1984.

From the Daily Mail:
EXCLUSIVE: Prince's former drug dealer tells how the legend spent $40,000 at a time on six-month supplies of Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches - highly addictive opioid pain killers - for 25 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aler-reveals-extent-addiction.html

[Edited 2016-04-23 23:32:29]
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

LAX772LR

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:54 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 50):

Yes.

In 2001, he became a rather strict Jehovah's Witness* and later voiced his disagreement with same-sex marriage.... but it stopped there. He never said that people shouldn't be able to do it.

Even more to that point, he actually got into a rather public tussle with Rolling Stone, after the magazine claimed that he supported a ban on gay marriage. He demanded clarification and admission of a misquote.

*FUNNY STORY: Prince did do the door2door ministry after his conversion, for a short time in 2003. His very first encounter was a Jewish couple, who thought that it was a prank by a lookalike. They invited them in, and watched part of a Vikings game before leaving. Only later did they find out it was really him, after reading about it in a tabloid.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

SaschaYHZ

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Braybuddy

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:10 pm

Quoting SaschaYHZ (Reply 53):

Nice one!

National broadcaster RTE's weatherwoman Joanna Donnelly gave a nice tribute to Prince when giving the weather forecast last Thursday:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...le-tribute-to-prince-34650584.html

Thunderboltdrgn

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:20 pm

The Boss started his concert in Brooklyn with a cover version of Purple Rain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOxeKA2WNE
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

DIRECTFLT

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Quoting bmacleod (Reply 40):
Prince seemed like Lenny Kravitz or Elvis mixed with Michael Jackson.

I would say, Prince is/was Jimi Hendrix mixed with Elvis.

--------------------------------
BTW, What was the private jet Prince was flying in on the way back to Minnesota? Is the jet owned or leased by exclusively by Prince??
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

caoimhin

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Aretha Franklin asks the important question: was it the Zika virus?

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/ce...ince-die-zika-virus-aretha-7809948

Redd

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Quoting Airstud (Reply 16):
If it killed Prince at 57, I might be singing a different tune next season.

Prince was a Jehovah’s Witness, so many medical treatments and I think medicines were technically unavailable to him (I'm not exactly sure about what they can and can't do). Being a Jehovah's Witness has killed many people due to refusing things like blood transfusions, hopefully his death wasn't due to religious stupidity.

DIRECTFLT

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:49 am

The Prairie Home Companion tribute to Prince / Purple Rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2NZIdShewo

[Edited 2016-04-26 02:50:38]

Kiwirob

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 43):
Would've been even better with Freddie Mercury in the middle......

I made that same comment on FB and got dozens of angry comments from Whitney fans, god only knows why someone who likes Prince would also like that POS????

Quoting seb146 (Reply 50):

Here's the quote.

Quote:
Then there was the time Prince came out against gay marriage. In a New Yorker profile in 2008, he slighted Republicans and Democrats — “neither of them is getting it right,” he said — but singled out same-sex marriage as part of the Democrats’ notion that “‘You can do whatever you want.”

“God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out,” he told the magazine. “He was, like, ‘Enough’.”

Don't worry he's not alone even high profile members of your LGBT community are against same sex marriage!

Pyrex

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:22 am

When I first saw the news and the report that he had been sick I thought to myself "Wow, that's different, a celebrity that did not die from an opioid overdose". Seems like my surprise might have been a bit premature...
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

DIRECTFLT

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:30 am

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 61):
"Wow, that's different, a celebrity that did not die from an opioid overdose". Seems like my surprise might have been a bit premature...

Tonight on CNN, Dr. Drew mentioned that most stars do not actually overdose on opiates. What kills them, are the prescription drugs that they mix and/or over medicate with the opiates, that creates the lethal combination. He said with almost every drug death, there, on the nightstand, are the prescriptions.

DIRECTFLT

Re: Musician Prince Dies Aged 57

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:55 pm

http://www.wfaa.com/news/prince-docs-re ... /431848290

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - The long-awaited search warrants in Prince's death have been unsealed, revealing a lengthy list of prescription medications found throughout the singer's estate, some in the name of one of his oldest confidants -- and several containing controlled substances.

The search warrants, made public Monday morning, show more than 100 white capsules labeled Watson 853 were hidden in Aleve and Bayer Aspirin bottles and found in numerous rooms inside Paisley Park.

An online search reveals a multitude of sources that say that capsule is a mixture of acetaminophen and hydrocodone, a prescription classified as a narcotic.

CVS prescription bottles under the name Kirk Johnson -- Prince's former drummer, bodyguard and close, personal friend -- were found in the dressing room and mirror room. Each contained several different kinds of controlled substances.

Johnson has been working with Prince since the early 1980s. He is one of the only people who had unrestricted access to Paisley Park.

Schulenberg is the same doctor who was at Paisley Park on April 21 (the day of Prince's death) when deputies arrived on scene and the same doctor who admitted to authorities, he prescribed Oxycodone for Prince on April 14, the day before he overdosed while returning from a show in Atlanta, forcing his plane into an emergency landing.

Schulenberg told detectives he put that prescription in Johnson's name for Prince's privacy. *****Is that even Legal????*****

It's been nearly a year since Prince died from an accidental overdose at the Paisley Park estate, after being found unresponsive in one of the elevators.

Despite the search warrants which reveal Prince's access to other controlled substances, investigators still haven't traced the source of the Fentanyl that killed him, according to the latest search warrants filed last September.

DocLightning

Re: Musician Prince Dies Aged 57

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:13 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Schulenberg told detectives he put that prescription in Johnson's name for Prince's privacy. *****Is that even Legal????*****

Why, no! Not even a little bit! Good question, though.

-M.D., M.S., FAAP
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan