Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Louis
Topic Author

Any Baseball Fans?

Thu Oct 12, 2000 3:10 am

OK, I have a question. Why the hell was Jim Fergosi fired? He did an amazing job with the Blue Jays! It's not his fault that morons like Carpenter, Halladay and Kelvim Escobar can't throw a strike!

Anyways, what are your favorite teams? Lest favorite teams? Who are your favorite players? Most hated players?

Here are mine:
Favorite Teams
AL: Toronto Blue Jays, Texas Rangers
NL: New York Mets

Most Hated Teams
AL: Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees (but I like Derick Jeter), Cleveland Indians
NL: Montreal Expos (C'mon! They should have left ages ago), L.A. Dodgers, Atlanta Braves, St. Louis Cardinals

Favorite Players
Carlos Delgado, Mike Piazza, Manny Ramirez, Ken Griffey Jr., Pedro Martinez, David Wells, Alex Rodrigez, Andres Galarraga (pure heart), Juan Gonzalez, Derick Jeter, Edgardo Alfonso.

Least Favorite Players
Mark McGwire (all he can do is hit home runs -- the most one-dimensional player ever. Funny how the Cards started doing well after he got injured. Hmmmmm...), Albert Belle (I need not say more), Roger Clemens (Fat, wasted, greedy has been who has no loyalty), Chipper Jones (I can't stand his name), Barry Bonds, John Rocker (complete moron), Sammy Sosa.

TWFirst

RE: Any Baseball Fans?

Thu Oct 12, 2000 3:15 am

GO CARDS!!!!! Sorry Louis, but STL is going to cream the Mets (I hope).

Saint Louis: Championship city in 2000!!!! (Super Bowl & World Series... and they could've also won the Stanley Cup if the Blues hadn't screwed up against the Sharks)

KROC

Thu Oct 12, 2000 3:30 am

I am one of the few reamaining DIEHARD baseball fans (that I know). The NFL doesn't even start for me until after the World Series. Here are my best, and worst's.

Favorite Teams
AL: Baltimore/Oakland (tie)
NL: New York Mets (Love the Mets)

Most Hated Teams
AL: New York Yankees, White Sox, Blue Jays
NL: Montreal Expos, L.A. Dodgers, Atlanta Braves

Favorite Players
Mike Piazza, Manny Ramirez, David Wells, Alex Rodrigez, Edgardo Alfonso, Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux Mark McGwire (He can control a game, and is far from one dimentional. He can hit home runs, drive in runs, take walks, hits over .300, and plays good defense. Plus, under intense media pressure, he never cracked, and has never done anything stupid!)

Least Favorite Players
Albert Belle (I need not say more), Roger Clemens (Fat, wasted, greedy has been who has no loyalty, not to mention a head hunter, as I firmly believe he hit Piazza in the head on purpose, since Piazza eats him alive), Barry Bonds, John Rocker (complete moron), Sammy Sosa, Bobby Bonilla.

I agree with Louis on alot!

Mike

TWFirst

Thu Oct 12, 2000 3:43 am

Forgot my most hated team: ATLANTA

Also don't like the Yankees.

Thu Oct 12, 2000 4:57 am

Favorite Team: 2001 World Series Champs - Texas Rangers

Least Favorite Team: New York Yankees, Seattle Mariners, Atlanta Braves

Favorite Players: Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez, Vladimir Guerrero, Roger Clemens (I have his autograph $$$), Ruben Sierra, Nomar Garciaparra, Nolan Ryan

Least Favorite Players: Derek Jeter, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Rodriguez, Alex Jeter, Entire NYYankees roster, Todd Zeile, Robin Ventura, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Chuck Knoblauch, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez

Louis
Topic Author

Texasairport

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:04 am

Why all the hostility against Jeter and Rodrigez? One player I also like that forgot to mention is Larry Walker. That guy can do it ALL! Gold Glover, basestealer, hits .350+, 40+HRs and 120+ RBI's each season. And he's a nice guy. I like Vladimir Guererro too. He has most potential of any of the youngsters I've seen.

KROC

Thu Oct 12, 2000 6:06 am

I'd like to add Nomar Garciapara to my favorite players list. Can't believe I forgot him.

RE: Louis

Thu Oct 12, 2000 7:00 am

I have to say that Big Mac may appear to people as just a homerun hitter, but anyone who lives in STL knows much more.
Mark McGwire is a caring man. Out of his salary, he puts a very good part of it into charity and abused children funds. Mark cares greatly and loves his son Matt, and he is always encouraging other teamates after rough games. On interviews on the STL Sports Stations, other players (Edmonds, Tatis) will often comment that he is one of the greatest teamates they have ever played with. Not just because he hits homeruns, but he respects other people's views, and is a persistent and terrific human being.

Go Cards tonight against Mets!

TurboTristar

Louis
Topic Author

RE: Louis

Thu Oct 12, 2000 9:24 am

I'm not saying he's a bad person. I have heard about what he does for charity and about his "Big MacLand" program. I just don't think he's that complete or that skilled of a ball player.

DeltaRNOmd-80

Thu Oct 12, 2000 12:21 pm

I like the Braves. But since they were booted out I hope the Cards win. Cards pitching aint the best (Ankiel and Kyle are their only two above average pitchers) but they have a great young infield who can hit. I read an ESPN The Magazine article on Jim Edmonds, he could be the World Series MVP.

Thu Oct 12, 2000 1:35 pm

I'm a huge baseball fan, but unfortunately, it's a bad year to be a ball fan in H-town.

Fav. Team
AL- I love the Yanks
NL- Astros (gotta pull for the hometown team)

Fav. players
1st base- Jeff Bagwell, the most underrated 1st bagger in the buisness! (And the best defensive 1st baseman in the bigs)

2nd base- Another Astro, Craig Biggio, he's so old-school and he broke Tris Speaker's record for most doubles in a season, a record which has been around since the 20's (I think)

SS- Nomar (self explanitory)

3rd base- I hate his team, but I'd have to go with Chipper Jones

Outfielders- anyone but Sosa and Griffey Jr

Catcher- Piazza, defense sux, but he can lay the wood!

Pitcher- The ball of hate, Pedro Martinez, 'cause he's not afraid to pitch inside!

Most Hated teams: Atlanta, LA, Cincy, and the Cubs

jkelley480

Fri Oct 13, 2000 5:26 am

Just want to add...GO MARINERS!

Fri Oct 13, 2000 8:30 am

Favorite Team: SEATTLE MARINERS!!!!!

I stood in line AGAIN for tickets for the ALCS, but they sold out before I got to the window again. TWENTY MINUTES and they were GONE! Next time I am taking my sleeping bag and camping out at Safeco Field.

KROC

Sat Oct 14, 2000 5:12 am

How about them MET'S?!