Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Planning A Car Trip - Where Should I Go?

Thu Oct 05, 2000 5:08 am

Hey everyone,
I'm planning a little car trip, but I don't really know the nice places in USA. It would have to be a place in the North East US, but not Boston nor NYC (already went there). If anyone knows please tell me. Thanks  

Nicolas Bourbillon
Montreal, Canada

TWFirst

RE: Planning A Car Trip - Where Should I Go?

Thu Oct 05, 2000 5:19 am

How about Vermont? This time of the year, the scenery is beautiful.

Or you could come over to Minnesota and walk around and look handsome  .

Ilyushin96M

Thu Oct 05, 2000 5:24 am

Nicolas, how long are you planning the trip for? You won't want to drive TOO far down, otherwise you'll be spending alot of time on the road. And it all depends on what you want to see and do.

TWFirst has a good idea about Vermont; you could also go to New Hampshire. My parents have been to both and loved being there!

Thu Oct 05, 2000 5:34 am

Thanks guys, I've been a couple of times in Vermont and New york states, they are both awesome, especially in autumn as you said TWFirst. But this time I'd like to do a little more road. I'd like to see some nice sceneries such as the ones in Vermont. I heard Virginia was nice ...anyone knows? I've never been to New Hampshire, but I will look up if they have a website for tourism.
TWFirst, Minnesota might be a bit too far lol  

Thanks a lot guys

Nicolas Bourbillon
Montreal, Canada

N312RC

Thu Oct 05, 2000 5:37 am

How bout Niagra Falls??

WorldTraveller

Thu Oct 05, 2000 5:41 am

I'd recommend Niagara Falls too. In case you've already been there, try Washington D.C. or have fun in Atlantic City!

Regards
the WorldTraveller

RE: Planning A Car Trip - Where Should I

Thu Oct 05, 2000 6:42 am

Forget Atlantic City. Virginia is very nice and scenic. How about Maine?

Thu Oct 05, 2000 7:02 am

Agreed Atlantic City is crap and theres already gaming in Canada. Plus thats a hell of a a trip. If you like to ski Killington, Stowe, and Mt. Snowe are awesome. Not colorado of course, but easy great for the east, experienced skiiers too because it doesnt get a lot of clueless tourists. Upstate NY is gorges. Niagra is a fun for a few hours, and Buffalo really isn;t that special. Rochester has seen a resurgence. But come bring a tent, hiking boots, and do some gorgeous camping and hiking. Now if you had a warm body in that tent with yo.........well.

bon voyage

DeltaRNOmd-80

Thu Oct 05, 2000 9:50 am

fer some legal hookers, go to Nevada, we are the only state that has them  

Thu Oct 05, 2000 9:55 am

whats that famous brothel err ranch?  

ishky15

Fri Oct 06, 2000 4:35 am

Personally, I think that the Northeast has most of my favorite major cities. I love driving up to Massachusetts and driving through the outskirts of those large but very large ciites in Connecticut, such as Stamford, New Haven, bla bla bla. I also like Baltimore and Philadelphia, you cna do so much just by driving through.

From my opinion, start in Boston and drive down all the way to Washington and try and see the industrial cites of the Northeast from a non-toursit point of view.

DeltaRNOmd-80

Fri Oct 06, 2000 9:44 am

TWAneedsNOhelp-
Which one   There is the (now shut down) Mustang Ranch about 15 miles east of Reno, there is the Moonlight Bunny Ranch and Kit Kat Ranch on the outskirts of Carson City. There is Salt Wells (which was featured on an episode of MTV's True Life) which is 5 miles east of Fallon. There are a LOT of them here, take US 95 from Fallon to Las Vegas and you will see a lot just on that highway.

Aussiemite

To The Moon

Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:23 pm

To the Moon of course thats were I would go if I could go anywhere.

Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:38 pm

DeltaRNO,

Do you do guided tours of these um, er, ranches?

mb

Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:50 pm

California's Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1): Santa Monica to Point Mugu; Morro Bay to Carmel/Monterey; Muir Woods to Fort Bragg.

---
DeltaRNOmd-80,
Exit 23 on I-80 and follow frontage road (or so I've heard  ).

Fri Oct 06, 2000 3:57 pm

Not that I'm into this sillyness, but what does a uhm...playdate with these uhmm..ranchers cost a normal unsuspecting good American?

dk

Fri Oct 06, 2000 10:46 pm

Hi, hey don't forget the state of Maine! We have some beautiful coastal scenery here and are only about 6-8 hours by car from Montreal. ( Where I live is about 6 hours from Montreal and then another 1-3 hours to the coast depending on where you go) I would drive to Burlington Vt. then take route 2 through N.H. to Maine which goes through the White Mountains, it's a beautiful drive. After entering Maine you can take route 302 ( I think; I will have to look that up) through Bethel, Maine and down through the lakes region into our largest city of Portland. From Portland take route 1 north. Route 1 follows the coast and has some great scenery! Actually you don't have to go all the way to Portland to get to route 1, you can pick it up most anywhere. Feel free to e-mail me if you like and I can give you more detailed info. (my address is in my user info).
Dale.

Sat Oct 07, 2000 12:22 am

Thank you guys for sunmitting your fav. places. I'll be sure to take a closer look at Maine since it's pretty close and if it's like Dk describe it should be great.

Sorry DeltaRNOmd-80, I'm not very attracted to the hooker idea, i have what i need here lol  

Nicolas Bourbillon
Montreal, Canada

RE: TWAneedsNOhelp

Sat Oct 07, 2000 1:49 am

Depends on what kind of service you want: everything or half and half; do you need a limo or cab ride (drivers get certain percentage). Negotiate and bargain, and like many gas stations, pay first...or so I've heard. 

TWFirst, please don't comment. It's not really me, just the devil in me. 

TWFirst

RE: Lucifer Cstar 666

Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:03 am

We all have our dark sides, it's what makes us complete  .

RE: DeltaRNOmd-80

Sat Oct 07, 2000 1:55 pm

How come you know this stuff, was your father in the navy?