Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

pandora
Topic Author

Survivor!

Wed Aug 09, 2000 7:27 pm

perhaps this is one of the biggest load of crap, but I really hate the show survivor.

I find the whole thing is rigged and ridiculus. what is the rave about it? i don't see the show interesting at all.

and now they have all these crappy real-life shows like "love rules", "the cruise", (a copy of airline), and some crappy surviving show which i forgot its name-5 aussies are put in london for 10 days or so and they are given 13 pounds each).

the world has gone mad!

VirginLover

RE: Survivor!

Wed Aug 09, 2000 11:42 pm

I Love Survivor! I think it's neat to pick out the annoying people *cough* RICH *cough* and hope they get kicked off. It's the only "Real" show I watch, the others I don't bother with.

blink182

Thu Aug 10, 2000 1:34 am

Survivor rocks! it is the one show that probably isn't rigged by the station(in this case CBS) i hope Rich get's voted out tonight and I want Sean to win! I do not like colleen at all I sorta like susan and i think kelley is awesome-i hope sean beats her though, who do you think will win?
real world,road rules,making the band,big brother-especially big brother and making the band, i have the biggest feeling ABC and CBS will pick the winner, C'MON, yeah Jordan the stripper would be voted off by north america- yeah right,curtis probably lost, those shows are so rigged it's not funny but survivor is definately not. just my 2 cents.
blink182

blink182

Thu Aug 10, 2000 1:44 am

I also wanted to add that you do not know what you are missing since about 18 hours of those shows are edited into 30 minutes! so the cast could be totally different people, even Jordan said that(the stripper who got voted off) but survivor edits the boring parts(the parts that is not worth seeing) and it the public cannot vote,that makes it better and the cast members do not know what the viewers are seeing.
blink182

VirginLover

Survivor

Thu Aug 10, 2000 2:44 am

Ugh! I hate Susan! If Rich wasn't gay, I'd swear that there was something going on between them. I think in some ways the show is rigged. I really don't think Jenna's family forgot to send a tape.. I think CBS kept it away for more drama. As mean as it sounds, the TV business does that, I know from a friend who works in the business.  

Thu Aug 10, 2000 5:12 am

My Theory Is The Show Was Filmed Earlier This Year Like They Do With Real World And They Are Now Just Showing The Tapes. Becuase I Think That A Tabloid Would Have Gotten Pictures Of The Group By Now If It Was Realy Being Done Right Now!!!

Thu Aug 10, 2000 5:43 am

I agree with the original poster. All these shows are SHIT. People seem to wast time watching it though...

Prolly people who have never had or don't watch MTV...

USAirways737

Thu Aug 10, 2000 5:51 am

If Surivivor is such shit then why is it getting some of the highest ratings on record??

VirginLover

Thu Aug 10, 2000 6:33 am

It was taped earlier... in Feburary... they needed time to edit and put together actual shows.

Survivor for 2001 (Austrailian Outback) is being taped this October, and being released in the Spring.

I have/watch MTV... I just don't like the Real World.

copper1

Thu Aug 10, 2000 6:35 am

The only thing sadder than the show are the brain dead fools that watch it.

Copper1

Thu Aug 10, 2000 8:58 am

It's getting the highest ratings on record becuase the people who watch it are idiots to find stuff like that "entertainment" (And for many of them, this is a "new" concept). Well frick MTV has only done the same sort of thing since 1992 (first Real World, then Road Rules)!

P.S. And for all you smart alecky types out there, YES I know that Bunim-Murray based their idea on the 1972 PBS documentary "An American Family".

Carioca Canuck

Thu Aug 10, 2000 9:27 am

I agree with Copper1.......it's a load of crap like almost all mainstream network broadcasting these days.

I only watch news on TV as well as sports and the occasional comedy show....that's it. I spend more time digesting the crap on the internet instead.

Thu Aug 10, 2000 2:42 pm

Well, Survivor is rigged! If you watched closely tonight they showed THREE people write down Sean's name. But when they "tallied the votes" there were only TWO cards with his name written on it, and FOUR with Colleen's. Just a concindeince? I think not. But it is rigged, just like most game shows. So this show isn't so "real life" i guess is it? Maybe not, but I still watch it...

Thu Aug 10, 2000 3:08 pm

Ugh! Please! We have that crap (Survivor) on the TV networks in oz here at the moment as well as an equally insipid British version called "Shipwrecked". Imagine a bunch of whingeing poms left on a deserted Island?

Add to that another vile "real life" show about some young Aussies trying to crack it in Hollywood......

Has the world gone mad? At least "Worlds wildest Police chases" was remotely amusing...

Network Television - fodder for the brainless.

mb

polaris

Fri Aug 11, 2000 8:21 am

I am pleased to say I haven't seen an episode of "Survivor". What is it's appeal? Are people's lives so empty that they watch unrealistic "real" shows...or is it that humans will believe anything? Stranded on an island...and voting people off...please! For money, of course. Brace yourselves, though. Have you heard all the new copycat "real life" shows that are about to debut? Very heavy sigh! Luckily, there are a lot of other channels to watch! CLICK!

VirginLover

Fri Aug 11, 2000 8:22 am

Derek- I thought so too, but Rich wrote down Colleen.

Sat Aug 12, 2000 6:22 am

Survivor, BigBrother, RealWorld...are all crap!