Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

firefly_cyhz
Screener
Topic Author

Legalize Marijuana? Yes Or No

Thu Aug 03, 2000 2:00 am

Up here in Canada an Ontario court has ruled that the law prohibiting the possession of marijuana is unconstitutional. I was just wondering how everyone else feels about legalization of marijuana and why. I think it should be legalized, although I doubt it will happen because the U.S. government sees marijuana the same as cocaine and heroine and they have way to much say in how this country is run. The Nethterlands have it right by legalizing marijuana and I only wish Canada would follow. The benefits of this would be the government getting tax money and the courts would not be all tied up with people who have been charged for possessing a few grams of it.

AC_A340

RE: Legalize Marijuana? Yes Or No

Thu Aug 03, 2000 2:33 am

I agree because it is a natural substance, it is just dried up leaves. By the gov't's logic I can't pull a few leaves off of an oak tree, dry them and smoke them with getting busted for posession of a controlled substance.

bacardi182

Thu Aug 03, 2000 3:04 am

yes! i dont see how it is possible for alchohol to be legal but for canabis to be illegal! 1 comes from nature and one comes from man, which one do you trust? don't forget that there have been 0, i said ZERO marijuana related deaths (just marijuana). people die everyday from alchohol!

if you take a completely drunk guy and a completely stoned guy, which one would be a threat to society? the drunk guy could throw up everywhere or get very violent while a stoned guy is willing to sit down for a while and his only problem is the hunger growing in his stomach!

LGW

Yes!

Thu Aug 03, 2000 4:22 am

Legalise it, it makes my life complete  

ATA757

Thu Aug 03, 2000 5:02 am

NO, DON'T LEGALIZE IT!!! I AM ALLERGIC TO CIGARETTE SMOKE, AND GOD KNOWS WHAT MARIJUANA SMOKE WOULD DO!?!? I HOPE ANY KIND OF SMOKING IS BANNED (IN PUBLIC)!!!

SAVE THE NON-SMOKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWFirst

Thu Aug 03, 2000 5:29 am

Wait a minute ATA757, I thought you said you were perfectly normal. Is it normal to be allergic to cigarette smoke?????

Thu Aug 03, 2000 5:58 am

TWFirst, ATA757 is normal, he wasn't born with a chimney on his head.

Westjet_yhm, why did you stop printing yes, stop for a puff maybe? Just think, if every yes was a chimney on your head, you'd look like a porcupine on fire. 

Sorry about that, I'm in a fun mood and I don't smoke so there's no need to legalise it.

Purdue Arrow

Thu Aug 03, 2000 6:01 am

Yes, TWFirst, it is perfectly normal to have a negative reaction to cigarette smoke - it's filled with thousands of lethal carcinogens! I agree that smoking should be banned in enclosed public places, as it is in California, and I would certainly not object to it being banned in open-air public places as well. If I have chosen not to inhale carcinogens, then other people who choose to kill themselves in a slow, agonizing death should not be able to encroach on my decision. As for marijuana, I don't see any reason for it to be less legal than tobacco products. Here in California, marijuana is allowed for "medicinal purposes," although the US government doesn't agree with that.

TWFirst

Thu Aug 03, 2000 6:02 am

My comment refers to something ATA757 said in another thread.

Purdue Arrow

Thu Aug 03, 2000 8:46 am

I know exactly what your post refers to, but you asked "Is it normal to be allergic to cigarette smoke?????" and the answer is yes. Is there some special reason that you have to keep bringing the homosexuality thing into EVERY SINGLE thread? You're gay - congratulations! That doesn't mean that it has to come up every time anybody asks a question or makes a comment! If you don't like ATA757's opinions, then just drop it - you're not getting anywhere by immaturely harping on an issue on which neither of you is likely to change your mind.

redngold

Thu Aug 03, 2000 8:50 am

I think it should be legal only for medicinal purposes. Make it a Schedule III like the narcotics (I'm referring to U.S. drug law).
And I too am allergic to tobacco. I can't even walk into a tobacconnier shop without sneezing like crazy (why I even walk in I don't know...)

Thu Aug 03, 2000 9:12 am

Doesn't Marijuana have a charming nickname? "DOPE!".

Marijuana cause birth defects and god knows what other awful things. Just because it's natural doesn't mean its harmless to you. And reading bollocks about "Zero Marijuana" deaths? What about people driving their cars when they are stoned?

I have seen so many Marijuana abusers in this country it's not funny. If you like to look like a "dope" then do dope.

mb

Matt D

Thu Aug 03, 2000 9:31 am

Let's be honest with each other, and cut the rhetoric about "medicinal" purposes.
Anyone that is an advocate of legalizing marijuana just wants to get stoned out of his gourd without risk of arrest. It's that simple and cut and dry. I don't begrudge you for that, and I applaud those of you on this thread that have answered along those lines.
As to how I feel about it? Well to be honest, I have mixed feelings. I think that the hypocrisy argument about alcohol and tobacco being legalized yet why isn't pot a valid one.
On the other hand, as with alcohol and other drugs, there are lots and lots of authenticated detrimental effects to it that perhaps justifies it's illegality; natural substance or not. But then again, so do tobacco and even alcohol.
What to do? Prohibition was a failure. Maybe that's part of the allure and mystique to the popularity of Mary Jane.
Perhaps if it was legalized, then that in and of itself will take the lions share of the getting stoned experience away because you'll no longer have to do it in "secret".
Who knows?
I have never tried pot. Perhaps if I had the balls, maybe someday I will just so I can have a firsthand experience about what is so cool about it.
So I guess I have to come to the conclusion that I say with great trepidation: Legalize it. But regulate who gets it, and how much, where you can and can't smoke it, and tax the shit out of it.
I think that we all should be entitled to make our own choices and live with the consequences of our actions. Those that want to corrode their brain and emaciate their bodies by getting high every day should be free to do so if they so choose. Of course that legalization will have to come to come with a price: you just threw your rights to be treated at a hospital for a marijuana related emergency out the window. No government funded rehab will be available to you. You're on your own buddy!!! Legalizing will not take away my ability to refuse the joint if that's my perogative.

Carioca Canuck

Thu Aug 03, 2000 9:51 am

Yes...legalize it.

Purdue Arrow

Thu Aug 03, 2000 10:41 am

Very well said, Matt!

airbus60

Thu Aug 03, 2000 10:51 am

it makes me sleep good, so yes

bacardi182

Thu Aug 03, 2000 11:32 am

it is one of my beliefs that if you dont want it to be legal, then you have never tried it..........

if everybody tryed it (i should be in a DARE comercial) then they wouldn't mind if it were legal.

the problem is that the government doesn't know much about it (does it cause cancer?). remember in 5th grade when the police man came to your school and gave you a T-shirt and said someone will offer you a joint when you are leaving school, but dont smoke it because you will become addicted and will ruin your life.

You really can't lie to kids, they are too smart   All i know is that nobody has come up to ME to give ME free weed!

legalize the ganja bush!

blink182

Thu Aug 03, 2000 12:15 pm

i say no but if you take in 2 grams, C'MON, that should be legalized, in the states, you would not believe how many cells are occupied because people sneaked in one gram of mirajuana, they do need to give some slack
blink182

copper1

Fri Aug 04, 2000 12:18 am

If it were to be legalized, would those of you who partake, be willing to provide a blood sample without warrant to the Police when they catch you smoking and driving or under the influence.

There is no doubt that THC has an effect on the human body and this effect will impair your ability to operate a motor vehicle.

With alcohol, a breath sample will provide the evidence the Police need to lay an over .08 ( in Canada) charge. To the best of my knowledge the only way to test for THC is through blood or other body fluids.

It seems to me that if you want it legalized badly enough then you would be willing to provide the blood sample that the Police require. I know you will all be responsible users and you would never drive under the influence of marijuana.

The blood sample would have to be taken by a medically qualified person.

One has to remember that Impaired Driving is a separate offence from Drive Over .08. ( Canadian law ). Parliament would have to set a THC level that is felt to impair one's ability and then allow for some sort of testing without warrant.

I have the feeling however that those of you who wish it to be legalized would be the first to whine about YOUR civil rights being infringed upon if the Police were allowed to demand a blood sample.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Copper1

mbmbos

Fri Aug 04, 2000 2:13 am

Oh Copper1...

I believe urine will suffice - blood-letting is not necessary.

And I will be happy to pee-pee in a cup as long as the government can determine, based on scientific principles, the degree to which marijuana impairs a driver, the THC threshold where impairment occurs AND they stop me for reasonable cause.

Lindy

Fri Aug 04, 2000 2:33 am

Marijuana should be NOT and WONT be legalized! Thats a DRUG, and only stupid people smoke ganja and takes drugs.

AC_A340

Blood Alcohol Limits

Fri Aug 04, 2000 2:38 am

In Manitoba it is .05. After 1 beer I'm legally drunk. That's stupid.

tupolev154b2

RE: Legalize Marijuana? No!

Fri Aug 04, 2000 2:38 am

NO!!!!! It is an addictive drug that should not be legalized! Just like asking, should we legalize prostitution? HELL NO! NEVER!

Fri Aug 04, 2000 4:23 am

Here in the Western Australian prison system, if a prisoner is caught with alcohol or under the influence of alcohol, they are given punishment, i.e. a period from 28 days up of solitary. Here in the Western Australian prison system, if a prisoner is caught with pot or under the influence of pot, they are given a total of 3, yes THREE, chances, before they get solitary. Why is it, that in a prison, that a legal drug is not tolerated, whereas an illegal drug is tolerated up to a maximum of 3 times? Because the prison authorities know that a prison on pot, is a quiet, happy, well-run prison, whereas a prison on the piss is violent and flared.

To the people who doubt the medicinal benefits (especially regarding Matt D's comments). Have you got a friend who has a severe case of MS, and legal prescribed drugs do nothing for him. However, when *John* smokes a joint or has mull tea, it eases his pain DRAMATICALLY. The World Health Organisation has even gone so far as to put marijuana back on the list of drugs which do have genuine medicinal use, especially for diseases such as AIDS, MS, Parkinsons, etc. Who are we as a society to deny these people the right to live a pain free life, when mainstream drugs do not work?

Using marijuana does not lead to using harder drugs. This is a common misconception that the general public holds. I, until recently, smoked pot and drank it (in mull beer) on a regular basis. In the past I have also used harder drugs such as heroine (once only), cocaine, ecstacy and speed on a sporadic social basis. However, my use of these *harder* drugs was not a direct result of my smoking pot, rather is was a result of the drugs being available at the time, and being in a situation/location in which the use of these drugs was prevalent and accepted.

The main problem in any government legalising pot is the issue of, not medical, but that of, taxation. Because pot is so widespread, if you were to legalise it, people would be growing it left, right and centre, without fear of prosecution. The government cannot tax this. A way around it is to bring in a licencing system, whereby I pay X amount of dollars per year to be permitted to grow Y amount of plants for my personal use. I, for one, would be willing to pay a reasonable amount, as would a lot of others.

To Copper1...I would have no problem in submitting myself to a urine sample to the monartch if so requested. As a citizen, I understand the law regarding drinking and driving, and if I am caught, I expect the full arm of the law to punish me. The same goes for driving while under the influence of mull.

To Tupolev Tu154B2...regarding your comments regarding prostitution. Why shouldn't it be legalised? They pay their taxes. Yet they are not covered by any of the OH&S or other laws, that *normal* workers are. Is that fair?

Also, to anyone who is against the legalisation of pot. Can you answer me this one question. For what reason was marijuana made illegal in the first place?

BTW....I write this from the view of someone who has researched this topic quite thoroughly, and just wish I could expand on the topic more, but I don't wish to bore you all with statistics and the like.

OK..I have now stepped down from my soapbox.

Cheers

Scotty

Lindy

Fri Aug 04, 2000 4:40 am

Also, to anyone who is against the legalisation of pot. Can you answer me this one question. For what reason was marijuana made illegal in the first place?

Because this is a drug!

Fri Aug 04, 2000 5:16 am

I also wish to state, that I am not only all for the legalisation of marijuana/hemp for personal consumption, but for the following reasons:

* One acre of hemp produces an amount of paper from what would take 3-4 acres of trees.
* Hemp is ready for harvest only 120 days after seeding, whereas a tree takes years to reach the harvesting stage.
* Hempseeds are more nutritious than soybean, and the seeds do not contain THC, and can be substituted in any food which used soybeans.
* US Presidents Washington and Jefferson grew hemp themselves, and even sang the praises of it.
* Cotton require warmer climes and considerable amounts of irrigation, whereas hemp grows just about everywhere and only needs moderate amounts of irrigation. And 1 acre of hemp produces the same amount of fibre as 2-3 acres of cotton. Hemp also requires not pesticides. Over half of all agricultural chemicals used in the US today are used solely on cotton crops.
* Hemp seed oil can be used to make paint, detergent, diesel fuel plus others.

There are more facts on the wonders of the marijuana and hemp plants, but I will leave it for people to discover on their own (try looking away from government sources, especially the DEA).

Also for you Yanks reading this thread, the Declaration of Independence, the document which defined your country's freedoms was, ironically, written on paper made from hemp.

And no, Lindy, it was not made illegal because it is a drug. I will wait and see if there are any other people who have researched this subject in the past, and see if they don't know.

Cheers

Scotty

dazeflight

Lindy, Mx5_boy

Fri Aug 04, 2000 5:20 am

Hi Lindy...

>>Because this is a drug!

and why are we allowed to drink us to death with alcohol or kill ourselfs by getting loung cancer. 'Saying 'it is a drug' is a pretty cheap argument. Your body gets addicted to alcohol and tobacco, the worst thing you can get from Marijuana is a psychial addicition. If it was legalized, young people 'who want to try it out' would not need to go to the next dealer who maybe tries to raise his profit by trying to convince them to buy 'harder' drugs.

Lindy, shall I tell you why hemp was prohibited in the beginning? It was a serious competitor for the wood industry. Hemp is a better material to make paper and so on. So, there had to be a reason to forbid hemp, and that reason was found pretty soon. "The weed from hell"... If you don't believe me, get some old books about the prohibition and you'll see.

mx5_boy wrote the following:
>>>Marijuana cause birth defects and god knows what other awful things.

could you maybe tell me a link or source where you got that from?

>> Just because it's natural doesn't mean its harmless to you.

right

>> And reading bollocks about "Zero Marijuana" deaths? What about people driving their cars when they are stoned?

that actually shows that you never tried it out and that you did not think too long about your argument. First of all, after most accidents, alcohol and drug tests are made. The amount of people involved in accidents being stoned is actually microscopical small compared to those who where drunken. Being stoned is totally different from being drunken, as you still have the control over your body, unlike alcohol, when nothing other than a long sleep helps if you are drunken.

To all those who are against legalization - ever thought about how mayn carreers have already been destroyed just because someone smoked a spliff? In Germany, a soccer club used a player they just transfered from a dutch soccer club in the indoor soccer championship final. His club won the title and the player got tested after the game and the title was deprived. Remember, he came from the Netherlands where he was allowed to smoke, and Marijuana is not really sth. that makes you play soccer better....

CU
Daniel

tupolev154b2

Fri Aug 04, 2000 11:09 am

Lindy:

>> Also, to anyone who is against the legalisation of pot. Can you answer me this one question. For what reason was marijuana made illegal in the first place?

Effects of marijuana:

1. Impaired learning, attention, judgement, perception, motor coordination, etc, etc.

2. Difficulty concentrating, dreamlike states.

3. The pleasure centers in the brain activated by marijuana are the same as those target by other illegal narcotics.

4. An alteration of heart rate, intense anxiety, paranoia, and panic attacks.

Brissie_lions:

>> To Tupolev Tu154B2...regarding your comments regarding prostitution. Why shouldn't it be legalised? They pay their taxes. Yet they are not covered by any of the OH&S or other laws, that *normal* workers are. Is that fair?

Ever heard of decency laws? Prostitution should be banned for the same reason as why running around nude on city streets should be so.

Regards,

Tupolev154B2

Fri Aug 04, 2000 8:52 pm

WEED IS GOOD..VERY GOOD..TO ME IT WOULDN'T MATTER AT ALL..I'D RATHER NOT HAVE IT BECOME A LEGAL SUBSTANCE..I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING OR SMOKING IT EVERY DAY...IT IS A PART OF MY EVERYDAY LIFE..IF THE GOVERNMENT GOT AHOLD OF ITS DISTRIBUTION IT WOULD GET ALL F***ED AND THAT WOULDN'T BE GOOD..IT IS GOOD AS IT IS..IF THE LAW WAS JUST TO LEAVE US ALONE..I AS A SMOKER DO NOT HARM ANYONE BY DOING SO..

...DAVE

AC_A340

Fri Aug 04, 2000 11:25 pm

Prostitution is leagl in some places.

RE: Legalise Marijuana? Yes Or No

Sat Aug 05, 2000 12:26 am

Dazeflight

Marijuana can in fact cause defects in unborn babies, but then again so can tobacco, alcohol, panadeine and a range of other drugs. This is FACT!

Also, I would like to add on why hemp was made illegal. It did have a little to do with the timber industry, but more to do with the cotton industry. Back in the late 1800s, miners clothing was made from hemp. Along came Levi Strauss with a fabulous new invention called denim, which is made from cotton. As years went by, the cotton industry was able to convince the US government of the immorality of utilising hemp, and in the end the US government supported what must be one of the most environmentally unfriendly industries, in cotton.

Tupolev154B2

All of the facts that you mentioned regarding marijuana also hold true to other legal drugs, i.e. alcohol and tobacco. Anxiety attacks and paranoia does not affect every pot user, although, yes some are affected in this way, much in the same way that some alcohol users get violent when drunk, and others aren't

Also, now you are comparing the legal use of marijuana and hemp to running thru the streets naked and legalising prostitution. These are your morals which you are entitled to, yet you have not presented any argument to show me exactly what your morals are. BTW, what decency laws exactly are you talking about? I do not know of any in your country. And who defines what is decent?

Prostitution is legal in many countries, as the authorities realise it is here to stay and is not going to go away just because it is illegal. Is it not better for it to be legal and out in the open and regulated, than for it to go underground where sex workers are not given any protection under the law, and are subject to stand-over tactics by shady figures?

WESTJET#1

Is pot a part of your everyday life because you want it to be, or is it because you are addicted.

Also, further to you highly contradictory comments.

You state "I'D RATHER NOT HAVE IT BECOME A LEGAL SUBSTANCE" and then go on to say "IF THE LAW WAS JUST TO LEAVE US ALONE".

The reason the law will not leave us alone, is because marijuana is an ILLEGAL substance, and as such, under the law, you have to be prosecuted. Also, do you realise that by legalising marijuana, even with any taxes the government may put on the sale of it, you will in the long run be paying less for it, than what you would dealing with a dealer, who marks the product up by astronomical amounts.

Also by government being involved in the *distribution network*, as you put it, does not necessarily mean that they will stuff it up. Prime example. The Netherlands. Need I say more?

By your comments, I conclude that you are not a serious marijuana user, but merely someone who does it because of the kick you get out of it by it being illegal, and have become pyschologically dependant on it. Get help for that, coz your life does not have to revolve around pot. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

Scotty

Sat Aug 05, 2000 12:33 am

If the pot-smokers got this legalized then they would want crack legalized!!!!

USAirways A330

Sat Aug 05, 2000 1:00 am

Thank you very your very well thought out and well backed up statement.  

What on earth are you talking about? Do you have any idea at all? I don't think you do.

Firstly, marijuana is a naturally occurring substance. Other drugs such as heroine, crack, cigarettes, alcohol are not naturally occurring and require much processing to get them ready for market.

Secondly, drugs such as heroine, crack, ice, etc, are very highly addictive (not like marijuana), and their use is highly endangers the life of the user.

Thirdly, by your statement you are inferring that pot users also use harder drugs. Please show me evidence where it says that smoking pot leads to harder drugs.

So when you have the ability to argue a point with facts, then please come again.

Cheers

Scotty

Lindy

AC_A340

Sat Aug 05, 2000 3:26 am

AC_A340 Wrote:
"Prostitution is legal in some places. "

So is marijuana in Holland, but thats the only place where you can legally smoke it in the public.

WestJet#1

You are just drug addict. Thats worst then being an alcoholic.
You are just waisted.....

Sat Aug 05, 2000 6:15 am

Yes.

I believe Switzerland recently "decriminalized" marijuana too. Canada may be next.

The police began the process awhile ago. They do not usually arrest people found with small quantities (~4 grams or less). They know that marijuana smokers do not pose a great threat to society or themselves. They will confiscate the pot and tell you to move along. This helps keep the courts and jails free for 'real' criminals.

The current issue my province, Ontario, Canada concerns the way medicinal marijuana 'prescriptions' are handled. By law, the sick have to receive special permission from some government official (and a doctor). Ok. So far so good. But unfortunately, the patient often now has to find a street dealer for filling his/her 'prescription since the legal supply falls short of the demand. This is what was deemed unconstitutional. The Ontario Parliament has one year to rewrite the law or it will be void.

Cheers,

Marc

Hole_Courtney

Sat Aug 05, 2000 7:01 am

Why do people want to argue this topic. It gets kind of old and most people grow out of it when they get out of college. GET A JOB!

RE: Brissie_lions

Sat Aug 05, 2000 8:49 am

hey...this is canada... if the government got ahold of it..it would get all f**ked trust me..it would be legal for medicinal purposes and the thc levels would be decreased...i read about this in a local paper..
marijuana is a part of my life cause i want it to be...i am not addicted to it..nor will i ever be...i also smoke tabbacco and that too is a part of my everyday...but that now is not by choice..
maybe to you i contradicted myself...the point is leave me alone..don't label me as a criminal for crying out loud...obviously you've never just sat down and burned one off..to me ..it looks like you think it's the worst thing...no!!!
when it comes to cost....hell when you know alot of people, you can get it for real cheap..no trades...keep the dealers.
futhermore...how would you know about me and being a serious smoker...if i don't have any weed i don't need to smoke it and i don't need to commit crimes for it...weed isn't a fix like all those harder addictive drugs...if you have tryed some of these drugs and knew what they do to you you'd understand...
dave

Aussiemite

What The F^%k Would I Care

Sat Aug 05, 2000 1:02 pm

I don't smoke, if it was legal I woudn't smoke it and I coudn't give a f%$k if it was legal.. as for giving urine/breath tests I consider this an insult why the fuck should I blow into some stupid machine. I don't do anything wrong I dont hurt people, why should I be treated like a criminal..

Regards,

Aussiemite

LH423

Sat Aug 05, 2000 1:39 pm

Mx5_boy: While I'm not advocating nor condemning the legalisation of Cannibis, I do disagree with the tone of your quote "Marijuana causes birth defects". While this may be true, it implies that other legalised substances don't cause these defects. Apparantly you've never heard "Foetal Alcohol Syndrome". Or babies being born addicted to nicotine, and being born mentally retarded due to early smoke inhalation. I vehemently oppose any substance taking during pregnancy, and I feel it is up to the mother to decide whether she will take legalised, or otherwise, substances which can be harmful to the pregnancy. Either way, whether marijuana is legalised or not, it will not matter, as there are other substances that can do just as much harm to the mother and foetus.

LH423

nwa man

Just An Observation...

Sat Aug 05, 2000 2:46 pm

Must be something in the air in BC (no pun intended), cause pretty much everyone with "Westjet" in their user name likes to blaze it...

I don't, in case we're takin' a poll...

NWA Man

RE: Brissie_lions

Sat Aug 05, 2000 10:21 pm

Westjet

You have it all wrong mate. Maybe if you took the time to read my previous posts on this subject, you would see what my stand on marijuana is.

You would also know exactly what drugs I have used in the past, and also what these drugs to you.

In your original post, you came across as a kid who does it because it is illegal. Now that you have made your point clear, I understand where you are coming from (maybe if people made themselves clear in the first place, it would be better...ahhhh....utopia).

But how, in all honesty, can you ask the police to leave you alone and then in the same breath, say that you hope they keep it illegal? That is what I was having a go at. Do you believe everything you read in the papers or see on tellie?

And I am sorry, I am a criminal, you are a criminal. We both use a drug which is illegal, and if we are caught, we are prosecuted, even if it is a case of unnecessary prohibition.

Also, for you and myself, knowing people who grow their own is handy, but what about for the people who want to smoke it and don't have access to it (very rare I admit), they will pay top dollar.

Also another point. In all honesty, how many dealers do you know who only sell mull. Just about every dealer I know of also sells LSD, cocaine, speed, ecstasy, and a few also do heroine. Is this what we want our kids being around? I for one do not!

And to finish, my home town of Denmark in Western Australia is well known as the best place in Australia for growing wild pot (sorry, but hydro does not sit well with me.....too many chemicals, and takes away from the natural experience), so if you are ever over this way, be sure to visit.

Cheers

Scotty

RE:brissie_lions

Sat Aug 05, 2000 10:36 pm

scotty,,

after past experiences the fuzz went totally overboard one time back home in little town where the pigs do nothing. so a drug bust was big, the tele (which i don't watch much) influences...lets be big gun hoe cops...yaH LIKE ON TV!! they kick in my door with guns drawn...i woke up with this fat pig in blue pointing a gun at me..for a bag a of weed and a plant..(thinking (where this idea came from who knows???) there was big trouble here)..give me a break. that was a load of crap..that should never of happened..for what it is..who cares, leave us alone...

now you see what i mean....dave

Aussiemite

Brissie_lions Correction

Sat Aug 05, 2000 11:22 pm

I grew up in Mullumbimby NSW east coasts capital of dope haha I always thought it was bigger then anywhere in WA but anyways.. And what the hell do you mean your children I thought you were homo

Delta15

Sun Aug 06, 2000 6:45 am

Pot needs to legalized, the govt spends big$ every year trying to stop people from smoking it, and pot really isnt to bad for you if ya dont smoke to much of it  

LGW

Women SMokers?

Sun Aug 06, 2000 7:52 am

I love women smokers it makes them look so sexy  

ATA757

Sun Aug 06, 2000 12:59 pm

Bullshit, It makes them look lifeless!!!!!!

Sun Aug 06, 2000 1:49 pm

Aussiemite.....In my post I did say the *best* not the most. Denmark is a lot like Mullumbimby, i.e. great soil, plenty of sun, and heaps of rain, but I have tried the best from both towns, and Denmark is the kuta I must say.

Also, when I talk about *our kids* I am talking about the children in society as a whole, although this does not discount the fact that I may have kids one of these days (but this is another topic for another time).

LGW.....you have no idea do you? Smoking pot does not make one sexy. You don't smoke pot coz it is cool, you smoke pot because you are into the natural stuff and want to do it.

ATA757.......maybe a lifeless woman is the only type that LGW can get  

Cheers

Scotty

bacardi182

Sun Aug 06, 2000 2:51 pm

i think that if you have never smoked pot, then you should not have an opinion on this topic. smoke a joint, and then we will see if you want it to be legal....

lets compare the effects against alcohol...
beer- makes you pee allot
weed- makes you eat allot
beer- gives nasty hangovers
weed-no hangovers
beer- impares your judgement
weed- makes you not want to move but doesnt impare your judgment when you do move
beer- causes damage to fetus'
caffine- causes damage to infants (no coffee for mom)
weed- not yet known to cause damage to brain, fetus, or lungs (no marijuana related cancer to this date)

helps people with cancer, emphasema, aids, caterax, and tons of other sicknesses.

weed- stays in your system from 2 weeks to 6 months, depending on your metabolism
alcohol- stays in your system for about 24 hours
weed- if tested positive, the FAA will not let you become a pilot! You will not be givin a lisence for any drug crimes. UND's web site has the specifics http://www.aero.und.edu/Student-Services/medicalcertdrugpro.php3

weed is semi-legal in many countrys. In argentina i had a friend who got busted by the cops and took away his pipe and stash without any penalty (it is legal to have a small amount for personal consumption but not a large amount for sale purposes). and portugal has just made a law that when anybody is comits a heroin or marijuana related crime, they will not be givin a ticket but will be forced to go to rehab.

for lots of info on every drug (including caffene, nicotene, and alcohol) go to http://www.erowid.com

B-707

Sun Aug 06, 2000 11:55 pm

I could not care less. As long as people do not get high around me, then it's none of my business.

Just one thing. It does stink. Anybody who smokes this stuff can be smelt a mile away. It's a different smell from the tobacco some people like to smoke.

Mon Aug 07, 2000 1:35 am

Those of you that are clamoring to get it legalized by yelling "yeah yeah huh huh" just like Beavis and Butthead are exactly the reason it continues to remain illegal.