Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airbus60
Topic Author

I've Seen...........

Wed Jun 21, 2000 9:23 pm

Hey there,

During our lives we may see people that are famous in their own special way. For example, I was in Sydney and I saw Michael Douglas, and Kenny G. Some may say "BIG DEAL", but in actual fact, you feel quite good about it, and you can't stop talking about it to others.

Anways, who is the most famous person you've seen or met??

Airbus60

blink182

RE: I've Seen...........

Thu Jun 22, 2000 1:16 am

I have several dallas stars autographs that I got in person, I also have Tatu's autograph(hes that really good guy on the dallas sidekicks) and pretty recently, I was at a really nice dinner place and I saw barry melrose,Al michaels,Brian Engblom,John Saunders,John Davidson,AL Morganti,Steve Levy,and Bill Clement(the ESPN hockey crew) but Gary Thorne and Darren Pang weren't there but I talked to Barry Melrose and John Saunders, it was soo freaken cool!

Thu Jun 22, 2000 3:53 am

I got a couple of FLYERS players in Philadelphia. Caught some autographs there.

B737-700

copper1

Thu Jun 22, 2000 4:35 am

Bill Clinton.

You said famous, not famous and decent.

Copper1

teahan

Thu Jun 22, 2000 7:56 am

Sophia Loren: On an SR Flight. I have an autograph

Bill Clinton: In Ballybognion Golf Course Co. Kerry Irealnd. 50km from my home. I even shook hands to him. If you do not believe I even have video footage of it taped of RTE Irish Television.

The Yugoslavian Soccer Team: They were training 10km from my home in Switzerland before the World Cup in 1998!

Jeremiah Teahan

Thu Jun 22, 2000 12:17 pm

We had won tickets to this mvp.com luncheon. And there I was able to shake hands with Michael Jordan, John Elway, & Wayne Greztkey I Even Got One Of My Friends Cards Signed If You Would Like 2 C

Sat Jun 24, 2000 5:45 am

i have seen, and met MANY stars: Carol Alt (former Playboy center fold)----Brittney Spears (at one of her concerts, back stage)----Micheal Jordan (at a Bulls game)-----the Backstreet Boys (went to a concert with my sister, backstage)---- Fabina Undinto(sp)(she was Alotta Fagina from "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, and is on the show Amazon)----I have seen the people from Making the Band in Orlano-----Kobe Bryant (at a Lakers game)----Ol' Bill Clinton (he gave some speech here)----Pamela Anderson (we saw her in California on the beach!!! it was amazing, she is amazing)----Tyler Hynes (he is on Amazon, saw him in his home town in Canada)----N*sync (at a concert at the local fair-they aren't that great!)-----The cast of Saturday Night Live (the funnies person alive has to be Cheri Oteri!! I LOVE her, she is hilarious---went to a taping of it)-----The cast of Rosanne (went to a taping of it)----and a few others...

Sat Jun 24, 2000 5:52 am

I have spoken to Nelson Mandela, and shook hands with him. I have been hugged by Graca Machel (his wife and first lady) I know a few politicians here, and I have had autographs or spoken to Hansie Cronje (before he started with all that money crap), Shaun Pollock, Allan Donald, Jonty Rhodes (my fave) and Winnie Mandela, who also hugged me. We in Africa hug a lot!!!

B-707

Sat Jun 24, 2000 7:53 am

I have met Katharine Hepburn. (Before Parkinsons' set in) She was a very friendly lady, and took the time to sign her name for me.

I have seen Old Mother Thatcher in person (not a pretty sight)

And Michael Parkinson (old chat show host)

Sat Jun 24, 2000 8:13 am

International celebreties I've seen, is the english rock band Smokie, and country singer Willie Nelson. I've also seen King Harald of Norway (And queen Sonja too). And last winter Air Force One landed (with Mr. Clinton onboard) at OSL only 10 km from my house, but I wasn't there. And I've also seen some other norwegian celebs, but you probably don't know them.

Sat Jun 24, 2000 8:46 am

Xanana Gusmao and Jose Ramos Horta (the leaders of now independent East Timor).......went backstage at the Metallica concert in Perth a few years ago.....have met the Brisbane Lions footy team and went out drinking and what not with a couple of the guys......Jonty, Hanse and Herschell (did I get that right?)......had a few drinks with Viv Richards and Clive Lloyd a few years back in Perth (sheeze...that was many years ago come to think of it).....have met most of the international cricketers in fact due to family connections to cricket.......and a few more people which I won't mention as I am not one to go around dropping names.....hey...did I mention I also met Elton John?

n4khgirl

Sat Jun 24, 2000 1:58 pm

John Travolta in his GII at DCA over at Signature Flight support. His GII sure made the Citation look like nuthin.

>-Camille-<

blink182

Mon Jun 26, 2000 10:00 am

in london i also saw denis quade and meg ryan, and some model in central park(don't remember her name but i have seen her in magazines) and hundreds of NHLers

ctbarnes

Mon Jun 26, 2000 12:05 pm

About four years ago I saw Joan Collins walking out of a WH Smith at Heathrow Airport in London.

A year later I was driving on Sunset Bulivard in LA. I stopped at a light at the entrance of Bel Air, and a BMW Series pulls up beside me. I look across at the car and did a double take when I saw the driver. It was none other than Meg Ryan!

Charles

dtwa320

Mon Jun 26, 2000 12:32 pm

Isiah Thomas- got his auto. and shook his hand.
George and Barbara Bush- shook both their hands.
I have autographed hockey pucks and football cards from various players.(I guess that doesn't count as meeting them)
I have an autographed picture and guitar pick from Slash (Guns n' Roses/Snakepit)

Mon Jun 26, 2000 8:20 pm

Blink 182.

Funny you should mention models.

Back in 94/95 I went clubbing in Perth with a friend, and she is close friends with Deni Hines. At this time Deni was dating Michael Hutchence (of INXS fame), and who else but Helena Christensen was with them. Had a roaring night....not so much for clubbing with celebs, but more the free drinks which comes with clubbing with celebs.

Also, back a couple of years, when Janet Jackson came to Perth, after the concert she rocked up at, the then, Exit Nightclub and hit the dance floor for a few hours. Boy can she move.

That's about it.  

Scott/PER

airbus60
Topic Author

Brissie_lions

Tue Jun 27, 2000 5:00 pm

Brissie_lions

Hows it goin buddy, where bouts in Perth do yah live??

I live in Claremont. Hehe

thanks for your comments everyone so far!

RE: Brissie_lions

Tue Jun 27, 2000 7:25 pm

Howdy Airbus60

Currently I am living in Ellenbrook (way up in the sticks next to Gnangara forest).

Be careful hitting those pubs in Claremont and never accept a lift from strangers  

Cheers big ears

airbus60
Topic Author

RE: Brissie_lions

Tue Jun 27, 2000 9:45 pm

Aahhahhahahahhaha!!!

your heaps funny!!!  

Yeah, I'm aware about the claremont serial killer, the suspect lives 5 minutes down the bloody road!

poor bloke, cops keep an eye on him 24-7

anyway, good to hear from an auzzi.

have a good one

Airbus60

airbus60
Topic Author

Sat Jul 01, 2000 11:36 am

Carioca Canuck

Sat Jul 01, 2000 1:45 pm

I shook hands and spoke with the late president of Egypt Anwar Sadat, during a military parade in Ismailia, Egypt at an inspection of the UN base where I was posted.

He was gunned down one month later by Islamic militants in Cairo.

Sat Jul 01, 2000 5:01 pm

At LAX, Little Richard and his entourage waiting for a flight to Vegas.

Lufthansa747

Sun Jul 02, 2000 9:36 am

The Finish two-time Formula One world champion landed at HEL once I was spotting there. Got his autograph. Also the 4-time rally world champion Tommi Mäkinen flew on the same LH737 as I did to FRA. In Vancouver I met the Canucks ex-captain Trevor Linden.

LH747

Trvlr

Mon Jul 03, 2000 11:26 am

I think I saw Pierce Brosnan in Paris this past summer. I am not sure because he had a beard but he was in this cafe sitting alone trying to calmly enjoy his dinner my family and the family we were travelling with (two boys the same age and two girls the same age; imagine the fighting!) were making so much noise that I could not help being sorry for him. Anyone know if Pierce Brosnan had a beard during the summer of 1999?  

Aaron G.

Mon Jul 03, 2000 11:47 am

i have met fat mike from nofx. jay and lindsay from frenzal rhomb, every one from 'no use for a name' and 'dance hall crashers' the singer from hi standard

oh and also john howard, boy did his body guards hate me! its not a crime to call the prime minister a fascist cunt