Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

teahan
Topic Author

School, Summer & $%^&* Results

Tue Jun 13, 2000 3:09 am

I was supposed to fly to Dublin this morning exept I slept in. I woke up to a reasonably nice day went out to check the letter box and thanked God that my test results had not yet arrived. I was enjoying another nice day during my long summer holidays until the f***** phone wrang! I took it and guess who it was? It was my school. I have to go in to school with my parents tomorow!!!!  

I need some ideas on how to avoid going into school tomorow or even at best how to stop my parents going into school. I have allways been a good student just perhaps this year not as good as normal!
If I just could buy 3 days of time I could avoid it alltogether because I am going to Switzerland on Thurday!

Any ideas, comments or tips?

Jeremiah Teahan

Samurai 777

RE: School, Summer & $%^&* Results

Tue Jun 13, 2000 3:24 am

I hope you didn't cause any trouble to cause the school principal to call you up! If you didn't behave badly as you claimed, then it's fairly likely your test results may not have been as high as your principal would like them to be. Did you have a tough time with the subjects at your school? Or something good may come out of your meeting with your principal.

Frankly, I don't think it would be a good idea for you to try avoiding a trip to the principal's office. There may be something critically important that your principal has to tell you. The best thing to do is just get this thing over with ASAP, so you can put it all behind you and be able to enjoy your summer in Switzerland.  

teahan
Topic Author

Tue Jun 13, 2000 3:35 am

I am a good student (or at least I was) ! Anyway it was not the Principle that wrang up.
I was never told the reason either!Anyway, how could I have behaved badly? I have had holidays for the past 2 weeks!

Jeremiah Teahan

blink182

Tue Jun 13, 2000 3:35 am

just go, the principle may be happy with your grades and want to tell you and your parents personally, and why would you sleep in when you are going to go on a vacation that day?

Louis

Tue Jun 13, 2000 4:39 am

Dude, it's not the end of the world, even if you do bad in school. You're still young, still in jr. high, which doesn't matter that much. As long as you perform in the last year of your school so you can get to a good high school or college, that's all what matters. As for your parents, they may get pissed, but it'll subside. I mean, you're still just a kid. Just don't fuck up your last year of high school or any time during college. Those are the years that count. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Louis

redngold

Tue Jun 13, 2000 6:37 am

Yeah, how do you know that the principal isn't trying to tell you and your parents that you should go to another (better) school or to a gifted program of some sort?

When I was in seventh grade I got called to the guidance counselor's office and I was absolutely terrified... Until she told me the reason I was called -- I was ranked number one in my class on standardized tests and she was apologizing because at the beginning of the year, as a new student, I had been denied entry into advanced level classes! She told me that I would never be denied entrance again... I was really happy when I left.

I was also called to the principal's office in eleventh grade because I was selected as an honor usher for graduation. Only the top five students in the junior class were given that honor. Unfortunately, I was also in the graduation band, so I couldn't usher... but my name was still in the program.
Gees... Do I sound boastful or what? I didn't mean to, but those are just two examples of what GOOD can come out of being called to the principal's office.

Surely it has to be something good if s/he's calling you from holiday.   Good luck  

Samurai 777

Tue Jun 13, 2000 7:37 am

Hey, Teahan, when you get back from the school, let us know how the meeting went! (sorry you took part of my the post the wrong way - I meant to say "if you behaved as well as you claimed"! I never meant to say you claimed to be a bad boy!)

Have a happy trip to Dublin - and Switzerland!

Samurai 777