Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Hub39
Topic Author

Loadmaster

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Hey I'm a senior in high school thinking about going into the air force to be a load master. I was wondering what are some of the downsides other than being away. and also if I grow past the 6'5" height limit after I enlist would I get switch to another MOS. Thanks

B777LRF

Re: Loadmaster

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Downsides? First to arrive at the aircraft, last to leave. You'll probably have made a minor mistake along the way, meaning you'll owe a couple of rounds in the mess when you eventually make it there. You'll also be the one making the coffee and warming the meals.

On the upside, once the bird is in the air your job is the easiest onboard: Have a walk among the cargo from time to time, make a coffee or two, but spend most of your time being horizontal after you've mastered the art of creating the most comfortable airborne sleeping den.

You'll also get a growbag which, in my experience, you'll exand to fill in no time at all.

JetBuddy

Re: Loadmaster

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Being a loadmaster in the Air Force would also qualify you to be loadmaster or flight dispatcher in the civilian world after you've served. Seems like a good career.