Search found 35 matches

by ilovelamp
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:48 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Southwest Schedule Extension 02/15/18
Replies: 225
Views: 19041

Re: Southwest Schedule Extension 02/15/18

ATL-BNA is bizarrre unless they will be cutting some ATL markets next schedule. I'm not sure how it's bizarre considering that DL exclusively runs MD88s. I'm curious as to what DL load factors are for ATL-BNA. High. Think 95% most flights. Typically lower in the slow months (duh) but even then it c...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta C Series Predictions
Replies: 76
Views: 11623

Re: Delta C Series Predictions

So far, all we know about Delta’s C Series aircraft is that they will be based out of NYC and LAX. What routes and destinations could we expect to see the C Series operate, and will they fly to other Delta hubs like ATL, DTW, and MSP? What kind of seating configurations could we expect? 1-2 or 2-2 ...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:13 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta C Series Predictions
Replies: 76
Views: 11623

Re: Delta C Series Predictions

Delta has not ever (to my knowledge) provided an announcement of pilot bases. Having said that its one of the worlds worst secrets that LAX and NYC will be the first pilot bases for the airplanes. It has been talked about internally, by employees in public and even executives on earnings calls seve...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta C Series Predictions
Replies: 76
Views: 11623

Re: Delta C Series Predictions

So far, all we know about Delta’s C Series aircraft is that they will be based out of NYC and LAX. What routes and destinations could we expect to see the C Series operate, and will they fly to other Delta hubs like ATL, DTW, and MSP? What kind of seating configurations could we expect? 1-2 or 2-2 ...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:41 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta C Series Predictions
Replies: 76
Views: 11623

Re: Delta C Series Predictions

JFK31R wrote:
Perhaps a stupid question, but Delta does plan on using the C-Series as a mainline aircraft, or will they be farmed out to Endeavor and the others?


Not stupid but the simple answer is they are too big for the scope clauses at mainline. Nothing can be flown bigger than 76 seats at a DCI carrier.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:36 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta C Series Predictions
Replies: 76
Views: 11623

Re: Delta C Series Predictions

So far, all we know about Delta’s C Series aircraft is that they will be based out of NYC and LAX. What routes and destinations could we expect to see the C Series operate, and will they fly to other Delta hubs like ATL, DTW, and MSP? What kind of seating configurations could we expect? 1-2 or 2-2 ...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DAL odd flight MCO to LGW
Replies: 29
Views: 6498

Re: DAL odd flight MCO to LGW

You’re commenting on a biased set, they booked with Virgin and now are booked on Delta and are inferring they’re not happy. Many are the once a year brigade. You can’t infer your conclusion from this any more than you can claim nobody knows Norwegian fly to the US from the UK. Anyone even half inte...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:32 pm
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: How are simultaneous flights with same flt# over US handled/allowed?
Replies: 6
Views: 759

How are simultaneous flights with same flt# over US handled/allowed?

Some airlines file their flight plans as “1604A.” That would be the crew’s call sign with ATC all the while the communication with the passengers would be “1604.” I’ve also seen some dispatchers use entirely different call signs like “(insert airline) 9932.” It gives appearance of a charter or repo ...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:50 pm
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: I've always wondered, what leeway (in terms of travel) do pilots have during layovers in other countries?
Replies: 34
Views: 4175

Re: I've always wondered, what leeway (in terms of travel) do pilots have during layovers in other countries?

Really? So is the whole "International carrier Pilots being away from home a lot" a bit overstated? I've only seen some BA rosters on PPRUNE and they seemed to have 2-3 day layovers. They are away from home because they are flying the airplanes constantly, not vacationing in tourist desti...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:21 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DAL odd flight MCO to LGW
Replies: 29
Views: 6498

DAL odd flight MCO to LGW

It was to protect VS28 and its repoing empty back to ATL today.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:10 pm
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?
Replies: 12
Views: 1994

Re: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?

Here’s a pilot answer: because that’s they they are. We tend to deal with reality as it is, not questioning the trivia that populates our days. We’re saving brain cells for really important stuff like engine failure at V1 or what are my chances with that F/A. GF This is a completely unnecessary and...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:40 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?
Replies: 12
Views: 1994

Re: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?

mtnwest1979 wrote:
Perhaps as they replaced jetways since 1980 and added new gates as well they put on the illuminated signs. I am assuming those are the "youngest" of the jetways.


All of the gate signs are illuminated regardless of where they are located.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:39 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?
Replies: 12
Views: 1994

Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?

fraspotter wrote:
How are the T Gates labeled?


A mix of both. If you can, zoom in on the first picture above. The gate sign the 757 is parked at immediately behind the 737 in the foreground is just above the 757's left horizontal stabilizer. Then look right at the AA ERJ at gate T9. It’s got the higher, bigger sign.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:02 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?
Replies: 12
Views: 1994

Re: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?

neomax wrote:
ilovelamp wrote:
Those that you say are not labeled are, in fact, labeled. The signs are on the side of the jet bridges facing the ramp. They’re just not visible from the gatehouses.


But why the inconsistency? What's the point of doing it for one half and not the other?


That I don’t know.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:48 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?
Replies: 12
Views: 1994

Re: Why are B, D, F gates labeled at ATL while A, C, E are not?

Those that you say are not labeled are, in fact, labeled. The signs are on the side of the jet bridges facing the ramp. They’re just not visible from the gatehouses.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:18 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Norwegian released worst forever monthly RASK 0,26 NOK
Replies: 73
Views: 11239

Re: Norwegian released worst forever monthly RASK 0,26 NOK

Fully agree. It is by far better to earn a non-living wage on a US regional... :old: With all the health and social security benefits they enjoy in the US system and all... Have you seen the regional wages in the last year or so? Definitely livable for the most part. I find it hilarious you’re also...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:41 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: ATL Flight Diversions
Replies: 45
Views: 5659

Re: ATL Flight Diversions

If one considers the opposite scenario in which pilots and any airline take unnecessary risks with TS, the inconvenience factor should go out the window. It’s worth always remembering the thousands of professionals whose job it is to safely transport the flying public. It’s never taken lightly. Sent...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:31 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Norwegian released worst forever monthly RASK 0,26 NOK
Replies: 73
Views: 11239

Re: Norwegian released worst forever monthly RASK 0,26 NOK

Good. Their employment practices make me look forward to any failures that Norwegian has. I'm all for more fair competition benefitting the consumer but not in the way that they go about it. Fully agree. It is by far better to earn a non-living wage on a US regional... :old: With all the health and...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:53 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: DL 717-200 Pilots... Where did they come from?
Replies: 46
Views: 6974

Re: DL 717-200 Pilots... Where did they come from?

qcpilotxf wrote:
DarthLobster wrote:
DC-9s? The 717s came online as the 9s were being phased out.



The 9s had been gone a long time when the 717s came online.


Last Delta 9 was retired Jan 2014. The 717 started with Delta in fall of 2013.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:49 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: pilot type ratings and equipment change on next leg
Replies: 9
Views: 1000

Re: pilot type ratings and equipment change on next leg

Scenarios 4-6 would never happen. Scenario 1 happens at Delta all the time. Our pilots in the ER fleet fly the 767-300/300ER and all 757 models as part of one category. Scenario 2 wouldn’t happen at Delta because the 350 and 330 are considered different fleets. In fact, the 330 has more flight deck ...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: DL 717-200 Pilots... Where did they come from?
Replies: 46
Views: 6974

Re: DL 717-200 Pilots... Where did they come from?

A 717 pilot actually has a DC-9 type rating on their certificate. The same goes for a MD88/90 pilot. The transition training course from 88/90 to 717 is considered a short course at Delta because it requires less training than, for example a 88/90 pilot switching to a 737. The 717 is largely conside...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Spirit Airlines Closes In on a New Pilot Contract & What It Means for Investors
Replies: 16
Views: 1714

Re: Spirit Airlines Closes In on a New Pilot Contract & What It Means for Investors

It looks like we know the pay rates for narrowbody pilots for now. Considering (using above source) AA is at $263, DL $256, and UA at $264, I think we see the market rate for a A320 captain is in the $240 to $265 range. The pilot shortage is here, good to see them paid a professional's wages. As of...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 pm
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Named Runways
Replies: 27
Views: 1847

Re: Named Runways

When 18C/36C was opened in MEM, the local press dubbed it the “World Runway.” No idea if that was officially done by the airport authority, however.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL and AA resume IROP ticketing and baggage agreement
Replies: 67
Views: 8730

Re: DL and AA resume IROP ticketing and baggage agreement

As I recall, the main reason they ended the agreement was because AA would put a disproportionate amount of their pax on Delta than vice versa and, thus, reduce options for their own pax that were as much in need of reroutes.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:24 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Full Length vs. Intersection Departures
Replies: 12
Views: 821

Re: Full Length vs. Intersection Departures

I'm thinking this is obvious so pardon me if everyone knows this; It's quicker to have jets departing from 2 intersections and the end than one long line for the end. Also it might be a little more complicated than it seems. I've seen ATC let guys go ahead of me only because there were already a sa...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 am
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: 737-900: Cabin Air lacks force, why?
Replies: 16
Views: 2368

Re: 737-900: Cabin Air lacks force, why?

flybaurlax wrote:
There is a range of 737-900 line numbers that have issues in the mid cabin (rows 6-11) or so. There is a flow issue that Boeing is aware of and is still investigating the issue. These -900s are recent deliveries within the last 2 years or so.


Delta, unfortunately, has quite a few of those.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 pm
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Full Length vs. Intersection Departures
Replies: 12
Views: 821

Re: Full Length vs. Intersection Departures

If you have TO data for an intersection departure, you can always depart from full length or an intersection behind the intersection you have the data for but you are unable to do the opposite. If the SWA flight officially had full length numbers, to be legal for takeoff they had to position the air...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:37 pm
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: 737-900: Cabin Air lacks force, why?
Replies: 16
Views: 2368

Re: 737-900: Cabin Air lacks force, why?

Bigger airplane, probably same volume of air. Just wait for the -10... I’d say you’re close but off just a bit. Bigger plane so more volume of air to have to circulate but the same number of recirculating fans and highly likely to have to same PACK system as the -800 or even -700. Another thought i...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:39 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: WN & DL make 2018 Fortune’s Most Admired Companies List
Replies: 6
Views: 496

Re: WN & DL make 2018 Fortune’s Most Admired Companies List

I have no idea how this list works, but Delta is ranked #1 in their industry and SWA third yet they are placed overall like you mention.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:22 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: What went on at EWR today
Replies: 1
Views: 798

Re: What went on at EWR today

A transformer blew and caught fire leading to a short evacuation of one of the terminals.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: JFK Diverting Flights due to shear
Replies: 65
Views: 11741

Re: JFK Diverting Flights due to shear

That and RVR is down to 600-700. Probably the main reason EDV diverted since that’s way below their mins. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk As if that's an 9E problem. That's Cat 3 category level ILS. Very few regional airlines are equipped for that I’m well aware of that. I didn’t say they were t...

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: United Express Embraer off Runway at BNA
Replies: 11
Views: 3177

United Express Embraer off Runway at BNA

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37255025/plan ... s-on-board


Local news saying it’s just a nose gear.
-->

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37255025/plan ... s-on-board


Local news saying it’s just a nose gear.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: JFK Diverting Flights due to shear
Replies: 65
Views: 11741

Re: JFK Diverting Flights due to shear

That and RVR is down to 600-700. Probably the main reason EDV diverted since that’s way below their mins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DELTA announces 2017 profit $5.5 Billion USD
Replies: 61
Views: 11604

DELTA announces 2017 profit $5.5 Billion USD

SuperTwin wrote:
$5.5B Holy god. This has to be the most profitable year for any airline in the history of modern aviation.


...and yet airlines like Alitalia still exist making zilch.


They made $6.1B in 2016.

Jump to post
by ilovelamp
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: Question about US passenger 747s...
Replies: 13
Views: 1461

Re: Question about US passenger 747s...

Northwest1988 wrote:
Hello all,

Who was the last passenger 747 operator in the United States before DL/NW and UA? When was the last pax 747 retired before DL/NW and UA?


TWA/AA?

Jump to post