Search found 72 matches

  • 1
  • 2
by jubguy3
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:37 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Korean Air announces Boston
Replies: 78
Views: 10604

Re: Korean Air announces Boston

SLC is the next most likely ICN destination for KE/DL, not as likely because of both MSP and BOS adds but I would like to see it for next summer season. It is definitely feasible because most of SLC's O/D intercontinental is to Asia + good relationships with Chinese airlines

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:46 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Detroit Air Service Discussion 2017
Replies: 1784
Views: 134539

Re: Detroit Air Service Discussion Part 5

Delta expands flagship A350 service to Europe and China By spring 2018, Delta’s A350 will be offered on Detroit-Shanghai service and select Detroit-Amsterdam flights. Delta has scheduled its flagship A350-900 aircraft on one of four daily flights between Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport an...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Bastian: We Don't See a Drop in Demand in LAS
Replies: 19
Views: 3695

Re: DL Bastian: We Don't See a Drop in Demand in LAS

Why the hell hasn't DL set up a hub at LAS yet? Because it doesn't offer them any synergies that the combination of LAX+SLC+SEA don't already. Being infested with WN and G4 probably doesn't help. I like this description. "infested". Probably how DL feels about the existence of most airlin...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:27 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Bastian: We Don't See a Drop in Demand in LAS
Replies: 19
Views: 3695

Re: DL Bastian: We Don't See a Drop in Demand in LAS

Why the hell hasn't DL set up a hub at LAS yet? Because it doesn't offer them any synergies that the combination of LAX+SLC+SEA don't already. Being infested with WN and G4 probably doesn't help. I like this description. "infested". Probably how DL feels about the existence of most airlin...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:38 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Bastian: We Don't See a Drop in Demand in LAS
Replies: 19
Views: 3695

Re: DL Bastian: We Don't See a Drop in Demand in LAS

Why the hell hasn't DL set up a hub at LAS yet? The airport clearly has the capacity to support a hub for the airline, being that they're setting up temporary routes from NRT, ICN, CDG, AMS, YYZ and many other domestic routes as well for CES 2018... I'm sure DL could support these routes year-round...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:59 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: SLC Terminal Construction Updates
Replies: 25
Views: 5078

Re: SLC Terminal Construction Updates

I'll be posting the SLCDA's regular biweekly airport construction updates here. Updates can be found here: https://www.slcairport.com/thenewslc/construction-updates/ October 4th, 2017 ⋅ Poured the final column for level one of the parking garage ⋅ Began installing cranes for Term...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:50 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: MSP - Role In DL Network and Expansion Potential
Replies: 313
Views: 29827

Re: MSP - Role In DL Network and Expansion Potential

There's a misconception about the size of Sun Country at MSP, AA is actually larger at MSP. And what happened to WN at SLC, last I remember they had a sizable presence? Jeremy They left because Delta was fighting them off too much. And MSP is still a sizeable base for AA... they are introducing PE ...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:11 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Success of President Donald Trump
Replies: 1236
Views: 48126

Re: The Success of President Donald Trump

Donald and Melania just compared living in the White House to living in a "Venezuelan prison". True patriots. At this point... I would love to forcibly remove the Trump administration and place the winner of the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton, into office. Trump's administration has been a...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:08 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: MSP - Role In DL Network and Expansion Potential
Replies: 313
Views: 29827

Re: MSP - Role In DL Network and Expansion Potential

What do you mean by "better DL hub than MSP"? That's a very open-ended and subjective statement. SLC has the advantage of carrying a large number of LDS missionaries/visitors to/from all over the world in addition to the rest of its traffic, so the airport certainly has a lot of O&D p...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: MSP - Role In DL Network and Expansion Potential
Replies: 313
Views: 29827

Re: MSP - Role In DL Network and Expansion Potential

SLC has four flights to Europe (DL CDG, LHR, AMS, and KL AMS). I know this post is 4 months old, but this makes no sense. I understand connecting traffic but SLC still has much higher PDEW to europe than any of those cities. SLC is a better DL hub than MSP. MSP is torn between DTW. SLC isn't threat...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:12 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: MSP - Role In DL Network and Expansion Potential
Replies: 313
Views: 29827

Re: MSP - Role In DL Network and Expansion Potential

MCI, SLC, OMA, and DSM are all good sized cities... but truthfully MSP probably generates just as much European O-D on its own than those cities do combined. SLC has four flights to Europe (DL CDG, LHR, AMS, and KL AMS). I know this post is 4 months old, but this makes no sense. I understand connec...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:39 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: OAG Changes 10/1/2017: UA Drops MSP-LAX
Replies: 74
Views: 11593

Re: OAG Changes 10/1/2017: UA Drops MSP-LAX

DL DTW-AMS MAR 4>3 As I suspected the additional DTW-CDG would cause a reduction in DTW-AMS DL MSP-AMS MAR 3>2 So you can't say that DL only hates DTW. ☺ KL MSP-AMS MAY 0.5>0.6 JUN 0.4>0.7 Looks like DL cuts on MSP-AMS are at least partly being replaced by KLM additions. Looks like the DL cuts on D...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:11 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: OAG Changes 10/1/2017: UA Drops MSP-LAX
Replies: 74
Views: 11593

Re: OAG Changes 10/1/2017: UA Drops MSP-LAX

What does this mean for SLC-LHR? Is it only a march seasonal cut?

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:29 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta Strategy for the last 10 years
Replies: 22
Views: 2907

Re: Delta Strategy for the last 10 years

They dont file that in SEC filings. You can, though, take DOT data and start putting tables together showing the yields for traffic in the various cities. You can then read between the lines a little bit and notice where the high yield traffic is versus the low yield traffic. if you want, you can a...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:51 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta Strategy for the last 10 years
Replies: 22
Views: 2907

Re: Delta Strategy for the last 10 years

Having three fortress hubs with minimal competition which allows them to make a TON of money, money that pays for the extremely high costs of buying into the NYC and LAX markets. When you look at the yields they're getting in NYC/LAX/SEA it's still VERY low, which indicates that they might not be a...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

because all TATL flights leave Salt Lake City after 6:00 I believe, which sometimes isn't very convenient. So a morning flight would be more useful. 1) that's not accurate, as the CDG flight leaves earlier than that. 2) there's a reason that they, like nearly all US originating TATL flights, leave ...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:48 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

I'd like to see Delta (or KLM) to add another AMS flight They both already fly SLC-AMS already. Yikes, lol I am aware of that... I fly on both of them to AMS probably 10 times a year minimum. I was implying that I wanted another AMS fight (key: another) because all TATL flights leave Salt Lake City...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:57 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

If anybody and everybody thinks that their city is getting more TATL flights, I guess I should contribute? SLC. I'd like to see Delta (or KLM) to add another AMS flight and make LHR year round. I'd also like to see Frankfurt on DL. I'd imagine that any of those would have a little better chance of c...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:19 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: IRe: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

And that's a very common misconception here on a.net this market is not struggling it's being suppressed. HAHAHA. I knew you were going to go for that. Detroit is certainly rebounding and i pity the people who discount detroit's strengths but they're rebounding from a bad place. I actually have fam...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:09 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: IRe: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

From my own experience (as recently as last month), it's full of airplanes and passengers. Because it's a hub, dammit! :banghead: I'm not surprised that more reasonable DTW a.netters are getting annoyed with this whole thing. It's only been a couple of days since I discovered the odd, distorted wor...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: OAG Changes 9/24/2017:DL Boosts Transatlantic
Replies: 67
Views: 9984

Re: OAG Changes 9/24/2017:DL Boosts Transatlantic

WesternA318 wrote:
Wow, AeroMexico returns to SLC for what...the 4th - 5th time?



They had already returned with Guadalajara, this is another addition after the joint venture

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: OAG Changes 9/24/2017:DL Boosts Transatlantic
Replies: 67
Views: 9984

Re: OAG Changes 9/24/2017:DL Boosts Transatlantic

Interesting, AM is adding SLC after recently adding Guadalajara

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

ADrum23 wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

MKE
LAS
PHX
DEN
CVG
DFW


One of these things is not like the others... which one is different, do you know?


DFW......


That's not really what I was getting at... lol

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

Getting back to the original rumor that DL is possibly going to add up to 6 new AMS-US routes, these are the cities that I see getting DL AMS routes: RDU- because DL loves RDU, and their CDG flight seems to be doing well. AUS- rumor is that it will become a permanent flight. LAS- the Brookings numb...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:49 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

I believe BNA has a smaller international market than IND. Their big draw is country music and that is mainly a domestic thing. But as we've seen on so many different new routes, the nonstop service stimulates demand. As for HQ2, I think it goes to a midsize city because they are the ones that are ...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:46 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

Seems like an AF 789 3-4 weekly would be a good balance of capacity and frequency to start if they were to do MSY-CDG. Did you read any of the 5 posts above you? I feel like people say stuff like this because they want to believe that european metal (most specifically AF/KL, British Airways strateg...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:13 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

I believe BNA has a smaller international market than IND. Their big draw is country music and that is mainly a domestic thing. But as we've seen on so many different new routes, the nonstop service stimulates demand. As for HQ2, I think it goes to a midsize city because they are the ones that are ...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:08 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

AF could fly this but they'd have to move a plane, maybe a 777 around to do it as they take A350s and a few 789s. Do they have capacity to do this? Is it too much plane for MSY? https://travelcodex.com/hub-routes-fleet-air-france/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+t...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: SLC Terminal Construction Updates
Replies: 25
Views: 5078

Re: SLC Terminal Construction Updates

Interesting to see that the landside terminal looks so small, is there enough room for ticketing and TSA into the future?.. the footprint seems so tiny. I would say it is similar to the DL terminal in DTW. It's not as big as you would expect based on the number of pax throught the airport annually,...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

TPA’s Director of Air Service Development told me that if TPA gets AMS service, he expects it would be flown by KLM. Is his name Captain Obvious? Who else would fly it? KLM does not have a lot of service to the US in smaller markets (the exceptions being Salt Lake City and Minneapolis). This is a m...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:04 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

TPA’s Director of Air Service Development told me that if TPA gets AMS service, he expects it would be flown by KLM. Is his name Captain Obvious? Who else would fly it? KLM does not have a lot of service to the US in smaller markets (the exceptions being Salt Lake City and Minneapolis). This is a m...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

Thank you!

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: SLC Terminal Construction Updates
Replies: 25
Views: 5078

Re: SLC Terminal Construction Updates

Exciting to see an entire US terminal re-built, it doesn't happen very often. Interesting to see that the landside terminal looks so small, is there enough room for ticketing and TSA into the future?.. the footprint seems so tiny. There will be enough room, I've read the SLCDA's reports on the new ...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:02 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: IRe: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

From what I've seen, DTW is full of emotionally unstable teenagers... I kid, but another DTW a.netter actually talked to me about you. People aren't pleased with your constant moaping From my own experience (as recently as last month), it's full of airplanes and passengers. Because it's a hub, damm...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL Future Expansion
Replies: 516
Views: 58593

Re: DL Future Expansion

Any rumors on new AMS flights? I would like to add my CONSIDERABLE 2CENTS, and say AMS will be adding in near future: AUS BNA DEN SAN STL seem like very plausible adds in near future Remember what value I placed on this. Add in TPA as well. They have said that AMS is a target for them. Who said tha...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:40 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: IRe: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

I read that artical twice and unless I'm mussing something there is no mention of the additional DTW-CDG flight go figure. USA Today must be implying that the DL DTW hub is dead and unimportant. :roll: Show lack of respect for the Detroit hub even in the mainstream media unimportant yes but dead no...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:40 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Southwest announces Saturday Seasonal LGA-PHX
Replies: 19
Views: 2514

Re: Southwest announces Saturday Seasonal LGA-PHX

usxguy wrote:
Because BZN is home to a huge mega upscale resort with people who have very very very deep pockets. Even JetSuite is flying BUR/SJC to BZN.


...and SLC isn't? Jackson Hole?

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:51 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

flymco753 wrote:
I'm pumped for this new MCO-AMS flight, if it does well I suppose more will come, like CDG. Also DL identified MCO as a gateway, wouldn't this practically mean a focus city?


I love you but please stop asking this. Like a tenth of the stuff you post here is "is MCO a Delta focus city?"

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:50 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights
Replies: 192
Views: 25879

Re: DL new summer 2018 transatlantic flights

They'll be upset that they didn't get DTW-DUB or MAN though. Seriously however, great adds for DL and I can imagine that all these flights will do well. Both of those people will be me:). I get that there's probably not enough demand for DUB or MAN, though. But still, good to have another option fo...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:49 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL dropping PHL-CDG?
Replies: 92
Views: 13297

Re: DL dropping PHL-CDG?

777Mech wrote:
727200 wrote:
With little feed, and a AA hub, DL just asking to get their a$$ kicked on this one.


Little feed? DL has a hub in CDG..


I think they mean on the other end. Lets do a little critical thinking here. What is an AA hub: Paris or Philadelphia?

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:48 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: BA's Next US Destination
Replies: 455
Views: 46574

Re: BA's Next US Destination

CSAs are a better measure of market size. No. CSAs/PSAs/MSAs/etc are just a measure of population size, nothing more. Contrary to AvGeek lore, they aren't directly predictive of ability to attract nor sustain any given route. Take MSY for example, half the CSA of STL, yet it got the flight. For ple...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:31 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: BA's Next US Destination
Replies: 455
Views: 46574

Re: BA's Next US Destination

I literally love these threads because of the amount of stupid proposals people make. Will your small midwestern city ever get and keep a transatlantic flight for longer than 2 years? No, probably no. Milwaukee, Rochester, Des Moines... I've seen it all. If anyone wants a reference of terminated BA ...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:05 am
Forum: Site Related
Topic: Is this Forum too US centric?
Replies: 61
Views: 3694

Re: Is this Forum too US centric?

It is, but the content exists because that's what people create, not what they consume. It's just a fact of life that many posters are from the US so much of the discussion surrounds the US... the content here is not curated

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:15 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: BA's Next US Destination
Replies: 455
Views: 46574

Re: BA's Next US Destination

What is the biggest United States market that BA does not currently serve. St. Louis. Charlotte and Portland are still smaller. CSAs are a better measure of market size. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_statistical_area PDX comes in with 3.16 million for 2016. STL is below that at 2.91 mill...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:00 am
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: What airports publish flight schedules, and where can I find them?
Replies: 0
Views: 449

What airports publish flight schedules, and where can I find them?

My home airport, SLC, publishes monthly flight schedules, as can be found here. Specifically, I'm trying to compare stats between DEN, LAX, and SEA with something like this. Is this something that the FAA or another organization publishes or does each airport do it independently? Does anyone happen ...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:56 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: What new routes do you want from your home airport?
Replies: 125
Views: 7089

Re: What new routes do you want from your home airport?

Home airport is SLC. On DL: Bismark (BIS) Duluth (DLH) Rochester (RST) Grand Rapids (GRR) Cleveland (CLE) Pittsburgh (PIT) Quebec (YQB) Ottawa (YOW) Norfolk / VA Beach (ORF) Wilmington (ILM) Charleston (CHS) Jacksonville (JAX) Miami (MIA) Memphis (MEM) Little Rock (LIT) El Paso (ELP) Witchita (ICT) ...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:34 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Korean Air axes Houston
Replies: 53
Views: 11629

Re: Korean Air axes Houston

Maybe this has something to do with the DL joint venture and moving capacity to other markets

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:33 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Buffalo airport making big push for transatlantic flights
Replies: 78
Views: 12790

Re: Buffalo airport making big push for transatlantic flights

Why do you say there would be very little feed? Buffalo isn't a tiny city, the metro population is only slightly smaller than Salt Lake City, Hartford, and New Orleans. I'm going to say this again, metro population is not the right way to define Salt Lake City because they do not include provo-orem...

Jump to post
by jubguy3
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:28 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Buffalo airport making big push for transatlantic flights
Replies: 78
Views: 12790

Re: Buffalo airport making big push for transatlantic flights

The first airline that came to my mind, JetBlue. This seems to be the perfect route for them to start TATL service. obviously, there would be very little feed on the BUF end of things. An A321 or a B737 would be the perfect aircraft. I can see DL having a go at BUF TATL. Best bet would be either No...

Jump to post
  • 1
  • 2