Search found 7877 matches

by tommy1808
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:48 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Leeham: VLA era is over; are 779/A35K too large?
Replies: 94
Views: 14747

Re: Leeham: VLA era is over; are 779/A35K too large?

I would call the 748i a win because each 748 is 1 less A380 in service. It is a 77W not sold. Lufthansa and Korean fly both types, so obviously more A380 where not on the board, they needed something smaller, for example for not A380 capable airports or destinations that just couldn't fill an A380....

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:19 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
Replies: 51
Views: 4892

Re: British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets

BA offered fully flexible Y tickets (with a heap of tier points and avios) at this price, that's why they have been cancelled. They aren't hand baggage only fares at the lowest fare class. Which they knew when they booked? And if they knew, do we know that they knew full fare tickets are expansive?...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:14 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
Replies: 51
Views: 4892

Re: British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets

Back and forth to TLV for 195GBP? I’m with BA on this one! I’d cancel those fares for sure. Government has nothing to do with this. Mistake made, mistake fixed. Next issue please. You can may mistakenly offer a price, and you can refuse to sell at that price, but once you have accepted payment and ...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:55 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Do You Believe In Aliens
Replies: 106
Views: 2598

Re: Do You Believe In Aliens

Surely, it would not go away. Truth is not determined by consensus. Of course truth is not defined by consensus. Don't forget how the "scientific consensus" was once that the earth was flat, and that the sun & planets revolved around the earth, which was summarily disproven by the Chr...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:14 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is "god" a myth?
Replies: 252
Views: 8300

Re: Is

and maintained that to insist that "evidence" Which is a Strawman, since that requirement is for a specific question and i for example consequently defined for what kind of god that requirement can be dropped. must be material will lead to an inconsistent worldview, Funny, considering tha...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is "god" a myth?
Replies: 252
Views: 8300

Re: Is "god" a myth?

What terms would you like me to define ? What kind of evidence exactly do you need to know that the Rubikon crossing did happen? Proper debates start with a definition of terms, which you seem to refuse, as your reply to the definition of evidence required to proof god was answered by the, surprise...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:24 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

but it is thoroughly enjoyable to learn. I would disagree ;) But four of my US friends feel the same, three of them studied German here for half a year and their book began with "learning German is pointless, because everybody there speaks English", which is a tat optimistic. it might ben...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:59 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

I don't see his 10%... Because you are too naive and trust official statistics. As we just learned from Donald Trump, they are faked by the German authorities. ;-) Conviction numbers are more interesting anyways, and they lag about a year behind the crime statistic. So they are not even out beyond ...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:56 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

Interesting how the polls vary. Don't they always? I stick to ARD deutschlandtrend and politikbarometer, since they use consistent methology over long periods of time. Namely that, if the CSU were to break away from the Union and contest elections throughout Germany as an entirely independent party...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Do You Believe In Aliens
Replies: 106
Views: 2598

Re: Do You Believe In Aliens

Just because "belief in Jesus is far more warranted than any alternative worldview"...which equals about a 3rd of the World's population falls for the perennial perpetuation of nonsense doesn't mean I MUST join them. I do wonder if that nonsense "argument" goes away when Islam h...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

Trump just posted a second tweet regarding the current dispute in Germany: Crime in Germany is up 10% plus (officials do not want to report these crimes) since migrants were accepted. He is now even telling his fans that Germany fakes his statistics. The US president interfering with fake news, thi...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:05 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

But seriously, it seems to me as if Merkel has lost contact to the German people. I guess this happens when you are constantly in contact with other world leaders. Since she still is the most popular politician in Germany I find that doubtful. 57% approval rate ain't bad, many never reach that, and...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:35 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

Redd wrote:
If people knew asylum was unattainable by dangerous methods which are being currently used, such as overloaded rafts, they wouldn't be coming..


Such a regulation would also be illegal under international law, which in Europe is directly applicable in court, as it should be.

best regards
Thomas

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:26 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

The question is, as it always is when it comes to talk of Merkel being replaced :checkmark: I don´t like her or most of her policies (i liked 3 or 4 in the 25+ years i followed her career), i don´t vote for her, but i do trust her and don´t see anyone better... sadly. There is an outside possibilit...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:47 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

Angela Merkel has abandoned her oath of office and is now reaping the rewards. She brought this on herself. Interesting. How so? :checkmark: I swear that I will dedicate my efforts to the well-being of the German people, promote their welfare, protect them from harm, uphold and defend the Basic Law...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:40 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is "god" a myth?
Replies: 252
Views: 8300

Re: Is "god" a myth?

So, what Scientific Evidence do you have that Caesar crossed the Rubicon ? What Scientific Evidence do you have that the Laws of Logic exist ?? Define your terms. What exactly do you want evidence for? And that is a classical apologist goal post moving, pretending that something that is claimed to ...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is "god" a myth?
Replies: 252
Views: 8300

Re: Is "god" a myth?

What would count as 'evidence' to you ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_evidence If God's existence could be proven "beyond a reasonable doubt," (the Christian god, specifically), would you believe ?? No need to believe things that have evidence backing them up. Those things are ...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:19 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Paul Manafort now in jail, pending trial.
Replies: 40
Views: 1261

Re: Paul Manafort now in jail, pending trial.

This case has nothing to do with Trump. We know that Mueller refers criminal stuff he does come across that doesn't involve collusion/Russian influence to other parts of law enforcement, so while these precise charges have nothing to do with Russia, it doesn't mean that Manaford isn't involved. Mue...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:39 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German chocolate cake in crisis
Replies: 21
Views: 677

Re: German chocolate cake in crisis

Airstud wrote:
...because coconut kinda upsets my tummy..


get a German chocolate cake instead of a chocolate cake "invented" by someone called German, and there won´t be coconut :)

best regards
Thomas

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Do You Believe In Aliens
Replies: 106
Views: 2598

Re: Do You Believe In Aliens

How do you universally define intelligent life? solving problems without using inherited behavior? That is so tough to define that we don´t have a universally accepted definition. Does it have to extensively manipulate its environment? very simple live has done that, for example by creating Oxygen,...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

Jouhou wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Just as Trump predicted.


Trump cut off aid. Of course he can predict the aftermath of his own actions.


:checkmark:
Since he can not solve problems, he has to create his own to solve. Good thing though, he is a very uniting force to governments outside the US.

best regards
Thomas

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:00 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

As far as I can see it, the problem is not so much that the CSU is espousing more conservative policies, but that it all appears to be grandstanding. Yeah, they know what they ultimately can and can´t do. What came of Seehofer's threat in 2015 to sue the government over the Migrant Crisis? Went to ...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:44 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

Germany would have every right to return them all to Italy, Greece, etc. . Only if they are able and willing to take care of asylum seekers in an appropriate fashion. If they can't or won't, and Greece for example couldn't for quite a while, the Dublin agreement becomes void, as it is only constitu...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:40 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: German Government (almost) in Crisis
Replies: 57
Views: 1226

Re: German Government (almost) in Crisis

The question is: What happens once the deadline for the ultimatum has passed? Seehofer resigns and become a a private citizen, since he much less popular than Merkel. For them it is a matter of survival, if they don't get 5% in elections in the whole country, it is bye bye parliament, so he needs 3...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Do You Believe In Aliens
Replies: 106
Views: 2598

Re: Do You Believe In Aliens

dik909 wrote:
that what are popularly called "Aliens" today, are nothing more than the Demons of generations past. This is a deductive inference to the best explanation.


Keyword "Sleep paralysis", our brains build in LSD trip.

Best regards
Thomas

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: If the internet shut down for 2 weeks........
Replies: 31
Views: 941

Re: If the internet shut down for 2 weeks........

A lot, lot worse than you might think. Many TV channels now send broadcasts via fibre optic networks, ones that also carry internet traffic. This could mean radio and TV being turned off as well.. Most of them do still operate sat equipment though, so if think it would take a lot of flexibility out...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:28 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Colt 45...
Replies: 21
Views: 679

Re: Colt 45...

Jouhou wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Zig zags?

Might have to explain that to this UK resident.


Popular brand of rolling papers.


Guns and weed probably works better than guns and alcohol either...

Best regards
Thomas

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:49 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.
Replies: 109
Views: 6641

Re: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.

That's complete bullshit. Russian companies produce a huge amount of high-tech products. From our own microprocessors to nuclear reactors and missiles. You either know nothing about Russia or you are deliberately lying. Export numbers don't lie. Please point out where Russia is currently having its...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:43 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.
Replies: 109
Views: 6641

Re: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.

Russia manufacturers make no marketable high-tech items. They make anti-virus programs. They even spy on you as a free bonus. Kaspersky himself is on record that no one needs anti virus software, and if anything on a local computer makes sense, it is Microsoft defender/essentials. So that business ...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:32 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit
Replies: 375
Views: 9462

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tommy, you’ve been though a similar situation in the 80’s and as much you were against Reagan’s position you can’t argue w the results. I can and I did. Reagan was insane, almost got us killed more than once and had no effect on the collapse of the USSR. However, with his deficit spending he may ha...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:07 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit
Replies: 375
Views: 9462

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

And Tommy, given the moral high ground you have staked out on nukes why are you against this negotiation? I am not against good faith negotiation, but those where none from either side. I also see no legal reason NK has to give up nukes, I am on record that I support a complete ban on nuclear weapo...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:53 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is there anything Trump could do to lose your support?
Replies: 205
Views: 4150

Re: Serious question for cult 45

Is there anything Trump could do to lose your support? Was he right when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and he wouldn't lose support? I mean this seriously. Do you have a line he should never cross and if you do, what is it? Interesting question where you probably fail t...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: If the internet shut down for 2 weeks........
Replies: 31
Views: 941

Re: If the internet shut down for 2 weeks........

petertenthije wrote:
Utilities are coordinated through the internet, so no more power and water.


Utilities have back up via VHF/UHF data-radio and/or Powerline communication, unless the operator is totally reckless.

Best regards
Thomas

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: MH17: The missile belonged to a Russian brigade
Replies: 344
Views: 18742

Re: MH17: The missile belonged to a Russian brigade

So, why do you only remember the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact? Because it was a legal framework that materialized in a joint German-Russian act of war against Poland and which started WW2? :checkmark: Appeasement and conspiracy to wage war of aggression are two different pairs of shoes. Not that appease...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:22 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.
Replies: 109
Views: 6641

Re: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.

Just because there is a Russian Engine, that has an almost 25% higher specific fuel consumption than the CFM/PW offerings flies pretty much in the face of You lie. i never lie, just bad sources in this case. Ferpe puts the PD-14 at a 2.5% disadvantage. Did any commercial operator order it yet? Over...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.
Replies: 109
Views: 6641

Re: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.

, Iran could buy Russian MS-21. . what Russian MS-21 are you fantasying about? Can Hamilton Sundstrand deliver to Iran? Can Rockwell Collins deliver to Iran? Can Honeywel deliver to Iran?, Can UTC Aerospace System supply to Iran? Elbit? To Iran? Are you sure? Just because there is a Russian Engine,...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:45 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Do You Believe In Aliens
Replies: 106
Views: 2598

Re: Do You Believe In Aliens

Notice that we have detected no coherent signal that indicates another advanced society. It doesn't really mean anything though.There could be lots of signals from another advanced society that we don't know about if our technology is incapable of detecting/receiving those signals. and we have no c...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:20 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Do You Believe In Aliens
Replies: 106
Views: 2598

Re: Do You Believe In Aliens

Then you lack sufficient education on the matter to make a legitimate opinion. You should approach highly technical subjects with curiosity and humility if you are not an expert in that subject. Personally, I don't believe it's a highly technical subject and smacks more of fantasy, not even science...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:35 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Success of President Donald Trump
Replies: 972
Views: 39813

Re: The Success of President Donald Trump

They've begun a dialogue which is a fantastic start. I was sceptical of trump to begin with but he's gone up in my estimations. If this all runs to plan and by the end of trumps presidency we've seen a lot of change/progress with regards to North Korea, will you credit him on this forum? If a peace...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:28 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: The Success of President Donald Trump
Replies: 972
Views: 39813

Re: The Success of President Donald Trump

You have to admire that. Regardless of what you think of him. you have to admire that a US president gave North Korea everything they wanted, and signing a statement that already was NK government policy before the meeting was on? Trump basically just signed North Koreas opening position and was do...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:08 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.
Replies: 109
Views: 6641

Re: Iran seeks to sue Boeing.

They might have given the authority but the president still had the right to kill the deal. Under US law he may have the right to kill the deal, but US law matters only in the US. This is an international issue, so US law has zero relevance. It just happens that in the US international law isnt app...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:43 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Do You Believe In Aliens
Replies: 106
Views: 2598

Re: Do You Believe In Aliens

Again, I really hope we can detect other life out there but I am not holding my breath as I think it is not an easy thing to do. Tugg If we detect life outside our solar system, it will be fair to assume it is truly prolific. We may be able to detect signs of life directly within a few decades, but...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:35 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Do You Believe In Aliens
Replies: 106
Views: 2598

Re: Do You Believe In Aliens

And evidence is always unbiased. There is no evidence of intelligent life anywhere else in the universe. You are both speaking with the same information, suppositions and hypothesis, estimates and educated guesses. And the truth is we do not know so we discuss "what could be". Tugg That i...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit
Replies: 375
Views: 9462

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

L410Turbolet, this is an English language site. You are supposed to post in coherent English here. With the historical context it is clear what he is talking about. The German population was and is very much against nukes, and in the 80's that led to huge marches and some rioting. Since some of the...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit
Replies: 375
Views: 9462

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Trump probably has not realized yet that for North Korea "denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" for Kim means: No nukes in SK, no nukes on US Navy Vessels in range, no nukes on Guam, Anderson and such for Bombers and no ICBM that can reach Korea. Best regards Thomas As a German, you s...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:22 pm
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit
Replies: 375
Views: 9462

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Kim's father and grandfather played the West. Anyone else in any doubt that the Trumperati got played like a ten cent fiddle? Trump probably has not realized yet that for North Korea "denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" for Kim means: No nukes in SK, no nukes on US Navy Vessels in r...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit
Replies: 375
Views: 9462

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Look at ISIS. Obama had no idea what to do but Trump did. You're lying. Trump did nothing other than to continue Obama's policies in Syria or Iraq. After blathering about how he was going to change things and pull the US out of Syria. :checkmark: On top of that, ISIS was already structurally defeat...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Photobucket blocked everyone's photo's demands $399 to restore
Replies: 33
Views: 5125

Re: Photobucket blocked everyone's photo's demands $399 to restore

keesje wrote:
Also on a.net. Thank you photobucket. I hope the company will survive this..[/size]


Yup. They also probably just realized that when they where doing would mean massive penalties and/or prison under the new European data protection law.

Best regards
Thomas

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:07 am
Forum: Non-Aviation
Topic: Is "god" a myth?
Replies: 252
Views: 8300

Re: Is "god" a myth?

But even though I have become an atheist, I'm not one in it's true definition, if you will. As contradictory as it sounds, I'm not anti-God. An Atheist is just a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.You don´t have to be anti-God. Most people that describe themselve...

Jump to post
by tommy1808
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:37 pm
Forum: Military Aviation & Space Flight
Topic: A-10 Warthogs will smash N Korea?
Replies: 51
Views: 6333

Re: A-10 Warthogs will smash N Korea?

If Chernobyl (not designed to blow up) set off radiation alarms in Sweden, imagine what a weaponized warhead (designed to blow up) would do, much less 10-15. At minimum you're looking at a near-total global economic collapse. 10 to 15 nukes would release much less radioactivity than Chernobyl. The ...

Jump to post