Search found 1616 matches

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 33
by SPREE34
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:40 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Was the MD-87 a failure?
Replies: 31
Views: 4926

Re: Was the MD-87 a failure?

Reno Air flew them.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:28 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta F/A's & Fleet Workers Could Vote on Union Soon
Replies: 93
Views: 6438

Re: Delta F/A's & Fleet Workers Could Vote on Union Soon

Looks like some bad cut and paste has me as quoted for what others have said. If you are going to quote someone, get it right.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta F/A's & Fleet Workers Could Vote on Union Soon
Replies: 93
Views: 6438

Re: Delta F/A's & Fleet Workers Could Vote on Union Soon

I dont understand how a union, which is better for the workers, will spell doom and gloom for Delta but okay. You need to read up on some airline history. It's not 1940, and not the coal mines. Where is Eastern now? Where is PATCO? Oh yeah, they took real good care of their workers by throwing an i...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it
Replies: 127
Views: 13100

Re: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it

...... Delta had originally ordered the MD-95, 717, and did not continue receiving the 717 but had operated them long enough to fully understand the the aircraft's benefits and and deficits. ....... Delta never ordered or operated the 717, until the lease deal with Southwest. Where did you get that...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:05 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Questions about old Airways Magazine article about DL no longer going to order Boeing aircrafts
Replies: 24
Views: 3268

Re: Questions about old Airways Magazine article about DL no longer going to order Boeing aircrafts

Delta (and any other carrier) will buy what fits their needs. Folks, get real, it's about making money, not whose name is on the manufacturer's ID plate. I can still hear that echo,..."American will never buy Airbus again".

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:52 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it
Replies: 127
Views: 13100

Re: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it

Operating margin to operating margin is very apples to apples. Net margin to net margin is very apples to apples. Bastian is bragging that his is the best run airline. The data says that WN is. WN's on time performance and flight completion would definitely say it's not the best run airline. Net ma...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:18 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it
Replies: 127
Views: 13100

Re: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it

Well, it's interesting that Bastian didn't mention WN , because WN's net margin is almost 50% better than DL's and better than anyone else in the U.S. I guess he didn't want to look bad. https://farm1.staticflickr.com/848/29789628168_098511f62d_b.jpg Apples to Oranges. Buy a ticket on WN to LHR? DU...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:15 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it
Replies: 127
Views: 13100

Re: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it

The same few will always chime in with their own facts..”antiques?” yeah your showing straight up ignorance right now. DLs planes are not antique and look much better on the inside than the other two. Add the better service, employee morale, profitability and record breaking profit sharing and you ...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:15 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: JAX Non Stop West Coast Service
Replies: 37
Views: 3965

Re: JAX Non Stop West Coast Service

150-200 PAX per day, split between how many carriers? Even if a non-stop was offered, it would still have to compete on price, and the hub carriers would match or beat it. Maybe DL will try it some day with the A220, but the numbers just aren't there right now.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:11 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it
Replies: 127
Views: 13100

Re: Delta CEO: We beat AA/UA because we have the revenue to sustain it

......I think as they continue to grow their fleet and not fly those 'antiques' that DL prides themselves on,.......... Those, so called by you, "antiques", are part of why Delta is so far ahead. UA has taken that page out of Delta's book and is using it. Your next UA flight may be on a 3...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:49 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: BA line up at JFK photo.
Replies: 127
Views: 26949

Re: BA line up at JFK photo.

ubeema wrote:
deltairlines wrote:
Today's schedule (which is probably off due to the IROP at JFK) calls for 5x 744 and 1x 318 on the ground between 1720 and 1825.

Did you say BA A318 at JFK?


LCY service.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:23 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Airbus and Bombardier Announce CSeries Partnership
Replies: 1568
Views: 180165

Re: Breaking: Airbus and Bombardier Announce C Series Partnership

Karma. As Sun Tzu said, "Never back an enemy into a corner". Now Boeing's nightmare is just beginning. Airbus buys itself breathing room by allowing C-Series to carry on with the 100-150 and potentially an A320 replacement in the form of a CS-500. While Airbus itself focuses on a response...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:03 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Will Southwest Airlines ever expand into Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wyoming?
Replies: 77
Views: 12160

Re: Will Southwest Airlines ever expand into Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wyoming?

Southwest doesn't operate in any of the seven least populated states...of which yours are five of them (in addition to Vermont and Delaware). I don't think that's a coincidence - aside from Alaska, a lot of the flights in to these states are done with regional jets, which Southwest of course does n...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:53 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL: Promotion to Captain in 6 months from date of hire If you'll fly MD88
Replies: 74
Views: 16127

Re: Delta MD-88 vs Delta MD-90 & Boeing 717-200

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1372497


1. Not IFR RNAV certified, must fly VOR J routes which is obnoxious and tedious.



On Item #1. Incorrect.
-->

Varsity1 wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
akelley728 wrote:
Already being discussed here...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1372497


1. Not IFR RNAV certified, must fly VOR J routes which is obnoxious and tedious.



On Item #1. Incorrect.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:54 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DC-8-73(F) brought back into service in 2017
Replies: 78
Views: 20819

Re: DC-8-73(F) brought back into service in 2017

4594987 Just saw this photo in the Top 5 on the Front-Page, the description says: The DC-8 is fresh out of a paint hangar and awaiting for the delivery. The aircraft was reactivated and ferried from Kingman on May 26. Date is September 2017. That Frame is now over 47 years old, delivered in 1970 to...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:52 pm
Forum: Military Aviation & Space Flight
Topic: POTUS uses "AF2" to Huntington
Replies: 17
Views: 3693

Re: POTUS uses "AF2" to Huntington

This is really getting old. (1) It's a military aircraft, (2) *any* Air Force aircraft the POTUS is on becomes AF1. I don't understand why this concept is so difficult for people to understand. It's because there's only been about 30 threads addressing the subject in the last 15 years. Add, Marine ...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:25 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Denver expansion continues - 26 new gates
Replies: 71
Views: 9487

Re: Denver expansion continues - 26 new gates

DEN will become WNs largest station in the next year or so with current plans. D and E concourses won't be built until the current three are expanded to near their maximum lengths. E won't happen for at least decades because it would require moving the United and Frontier hangars first. The undergr...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:19 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Help with aircraft abbreviations
Replies: 46
Views: 4359

Re: Help with aircraft abbreviations

Really? I've seen that as 78K a few times here... For some reason people kept repeating that mistake. Official designation code is 78X. Official where, Airliners.net? That^^^^^^^^^^ And if someone says "Official", you should question what "Official" means. The carrier owning the...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: G4 strands approx. 200 pax headed to Oklahoma, and other west coast issues
Replies: 70
Views: 8099

Re: G4 strands approx. 200 pax headed to Oklahoma, and other west coast issues

Couldn't they at least find a spare somewhere in the system to get those people out? You keep a spare car? Thanks for the insightful comment. I believe many airlines have spares for situations just like this. Rarely. At a hub, they may canabalize one from a route to be flown later in the day. At a ...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: G4 strands approx. 200 pax headed to Oklahoma, and other west coast issues
Replies: 70
Views: 8099

Re: G4 strands approx. 200 pax headed to Oklahoma, and other west coast issues

Couldn't they at least find a spare somewhere in the system to get those people out? You keep a spare car? That makes ZERO sense. As individuals, we are not running a business that the primary objective is to move paying passengers from one place to another. G4 IS. They are an airline and people ex...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:32 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: G4 strands approx. 200 pax headed to Oklahoma, and other west coast issues
Replies: 70
Views: 8099

Re: G4 strands approx. 200 pax headed to Oklahoma, and other west coast issues

MIflyer12 wrote:
......
.....Southwest flies non-stop LAS-OKC. Choose wisely.


Yup. You get what you pay for. A major airline would have been able to rebook on later flights, or make arrangements on competing carriers.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: G4 strands approx. 200 pax headed to Oklahoma, and other west coast issues
Replies: 70
Views: 8099

Re: G4 strands approx. 200 pax headed to Oklahoma, and other west coast issues

11725Flyer wrote:
Couldn't they at least find a spare somewhere in the system to get those people out?


You keep a spare car?

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:44 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: US Congress poised to prohibit airlines from forcibly removing customers
Replies: 12
Views: 2268

Re: US Congress poised to prohibit airlines from forcibly removing customers

The first result will be higher fares, then higher change costs, and no reserving without paying at time of reservation.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:40 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Delta retires first MD 90
Replies: 82
Views: 25688

Re: Delta retires first MD 90

jco613 wrote:
...... It's roomier than an MD80, .......


How so?
I've ridden both twice in the last month, and didn't notice any difference in room. The 90 has 11 more seats than the 88.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sun May 14, 2017 10:14 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Here we go again -- B6's turn in the barrel
Replies: 39
Views: 7049

Re: Here we go again -- B6's turn in the barrel

LMFNINJA wrote:
It seems that common sense and honesty are in short supply at many of the U.S. airlines.


THAT! Don't lie to PAX, such as blaming weather 4 days ago for your IT problems today. (Yes, you Delta) Don't make up rules on the fly.

Seriously? A cake that cleared TSA is a security risk?

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:03 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: US Lawmaker to Propose Legislation to Protect Passengers From Involuntary Bumping
Replies: 80
Views: 7577

Re: US Lawmaker to Propose Legislation to Protect Passengers From Involuntary Bumping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWksuyry5w
-->

precure787 wrote:
Let's hope that it will eventually pass into law by President Donald Trump.


Be careful what you ask for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWksuyry5w

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Heck, Delta is having it bad
Replies: 354
Views: 46240

Re: Heck, Delta is having it bad

As a medallion member on delta this is what I received today, after my flights were delayed last week, 20,000 MILES TO SAY WE'RE SORRY. Last week, severe weather and tornadic activity at our Atlanta hub caused a major disruption.......... Sincerely, Ed Bastian Seems like a good way to help make a a...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: 9500th 737
Replies: 10
Views: 3432

Re: 9500th 737

For those of you that are interested in facts, EI-FZM for Ryanair is L/N 6368 which will make it the 9500th 737 built. It should be rolling off the FAL in about 2 to 3 weeks. It is C.N. 44785. What is the current monthly production rate for the 737 and when is the next increase due? 42 at present. ...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:03 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Westjet Near Water Impact in Sint Maarten
Replies: 122
Views: 41726

Re: Westjet Near Water Impact in Sint Maarten

Please don't post if you don't know how FR24 works. If nothing is reported, nothing is shown/saved. If 0 is shown/saved, 0 was transmitted by the transponder. Transponders do not report "Altitude". They report a pressure. That pressure is only part of the equation in calculating and actua...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:04 am
Forum: Military Aviation & Space Flight
Topic: Obama's Callsign
Replies: 33
Views: 5701

Re: Obama's Callsign

Carp12c wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that I can't find the plane on FR24, no matter how hard I even try?


Correct. It's mostl ikely being blocked from the site.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:58 pm
Forum: Military Aviation & Space Flight
Topic: Obama's Callsign
Replies: 33
Views: 5701

Re: Obama's Callsign

It would have a tactical callsign assigned by the unit Operations. "Executive 1" is reserved for commercial aircraft carrying the President.

The flight West would either have a "Sam" callsign, or tactical callsign issues by SAM Operations.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:36 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: UAL names first 777-300ER "New Spirit of United"
Replies: 87
Views: 13547

Re: UAL names first 777-300ER "New Spirit of United"

Just bring back the "Mainliner" and "Clipper" nose names. Call that one "Clipper Long Legs" or "Mainliner Blackjack".

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:47 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: FAA Not Prepared for Major Air Traffic Outages
Replies: 2
Views: 562

Re: FAA Not Prepared for Major Air Traffic Outages

link/Source: http://www.chinaaviationdaily.com/news/59/59951.htm ....The FAA has been working on new contingency plans since a fire at control facility in the Chicago area in 2014 led to widespread flight cancellations and delays for more than two weeks, according to a report by the Department of T...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:38 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Allegiant Florida Flight Cancellations Blamed on Weather or Pilots?
Replies: 14
Views: 3198

Re: Allegiant Florida Flight Cancellations Blamed on Weather or Pilots?

There has been a significant amount of fog in the Sanford area which would explain the low visibility. But isn't SFB equipped with the necessary tools to assist aircraft with takeoff and landing in such conditions? The aircraft and crew also have to be equipped and certified for given weather minima.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:16 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: What's going on with UA2135?
Replies: 18
Views: 1955

Re: What's going on with UA2135?

Vladimir just called me. Your source been compromised.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:40 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: 727 Aerosucre is down
Replies: 155
Views: 208767

Re: 727 Aerosucre is down

SimProgrammer wrote:
Video shows flaps & slats on starboard wing are set. Can't see the port wing.

2nd video shows a steep bank to port.


If the hadn't matched, it would never have left the ground.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: MCO passenger steals tug, drives across airport
Replies: 27
Views: 5719

Re: MCO passenger steals tug, drives across airport

Moving target practice for the airport police.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:43 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: ATC Error Nearly Causes Crash near LAX
Replies: 169
Views: 32525

Re: ATC Error Nearly Causes Crash near LAX

This is one of the reasons I find it strange that the USA still has so many vector based departures from major airports. I realise that this increases capacity, but if they were flying a non-vector SID this would not have happened. Incorrect on the vectors. An RNAV route permits a higher volume of ...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:04 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Video: Where's the plane? Messy weather in YYZ
Replies: 6
Views: 2356

Re: Video: Where's the plane? Messy weather in YYZ

anshabhi wrote:
s5daw wrote:
It's hard to say how far the plane is.. but doesn't that other guy stand dangerously close to the engine??


I think the engines are on very low power..


An idling CFM56 can suck a man in from 10 ft.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:06 pm
Forum: Site Related
Topic: New Airliners.net Homepage Preview
Replies: 152
Views: 13229

Re: New Airliners.net Homepage Preview

Would still like to see the text and text background in different colors. That blue is not easy on the eyes.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:26 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Why no A321/321F STC yet
Replies: 2
Views: 504

Re: Why no A321/321F STC yet

Agree with Spacepope on the lack of feedstock. Nobody is letting go of 321s yet. I doubt there will be any for some time to come.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Passenger get life time ban on Delta Air Lines because of political outburst
Replies: 105
Views: 13176

Re: Passenger get life time ban on Delta Air Lines because of political outburst

The airlines should band together and share a list of disruptive passengers. Clean out the rubbish and improve the flight experience for everyone.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:39 am
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Kennedy arrives @ DAL 53 years ago today
Replies: 10
Views: 2116

Re: Kennedy arrives @ DAL 53 years ago today

I walked through 26000 last week in Dayton. No mention of the coffin handles, but they do point out where a saw was used to cut a piece of interior out so the coffin would go through the rear entry. This was because they weren't Going to carry Kennedy's remains in the cargo hold.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:58 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Trump wants privatized ATC in the US
Replies: 75
Views: 12162

Re: Trump wants privatized ATC in the US

Perhaps private ATC would do away with the asinine requirement of maximum hiring age of 29 for new ATC controllers. Sour grapes, yes, but I've never heard a legitimate validation for it. .....The maximum entry age for an Air Traffic Control Specialist is 31 yrs old. This is due to the retirement ag...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:56 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Trump wants privatized ATC in the US
Replies: 75
Views: 12162

Re: Trump wants privatized ATC in the US

LAXintl wrote:
....No free usage like today.


It's not free today. Fuel tax, passenger tax..........

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:49 pm
Forum: Technical/Operations
Topic: Wingtip Strobe Question
Replies: 37
Views: 7952

Re: Wingtip Strobe Question

Thread ressurrection here.... I've seen a few 320s with single-flashing strobes, one was a B6 bird at JFK, and the other was a tortilla-chip AB 320. Are these an option now? No its not an option, every Airbus model has the double flash wingtip strobes standard. Sometimes the bulbs burn out, or the ...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: Strange destination seen on board at FLL
Replies: 3
Views: 2459

Re: Strange destination seen on board at FLL

Porn Flight.

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:23 pm
Forum: Travel, Polls & Preferences
Topic: 757 Transatlantic Experiences.....
Replies: 42
Views: 7080

Re: 757 Transatlantic Experiences.....

For years, I have read on here about how many a.nutters wouldn't want to fly a narrow body over the pond. Let's face it, a good percentage of a.nutters have never flown across (or never will) the pond, and speak from another orifice on the subject. They generally believe that even flights between G...

Jump to post
by SPREE34
Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 pm
Forum: Civil Aviation
Topic: DL wants more regional jets
Replies: 28
Views: 6114

Re: DL wants more regional jets

Let Delta pilots fly them. Problem solved.

Jump to post

Go to advanced search